19)

Best Friends(?)

Soon enough, dinner was finished and it was time to leave. Sehun came over to me and slung an arm around my shoulders, chastely kissing my cheek. “Hello to you, too,” I said, smiling. He chuckled and pressed a longer kiss to my temple. “Did you have fun with your new friends?” he asked, squeezing my shoulder. “I did, actually,” I replied, “Although the SNSD girls did give us some trouble, but my Blackjack girls and Miss A helped put them in their place.” Sehun frowned. “Do you need me to do something about them?” he asked, his arm slipping down to my waist and tightening. I shook my head and replied, “No, it’s okay. If they give me any trouble, the girls will help me out.”

                       We all walked back to school, and I rode home with Sehun on the motorcycle after saying goodbye to 2NE1 and Miss A. However, Sehun’s frown never left his face. When we got inside the apartment, he stomped off to the kitchen and started chopping up some fruit angrily.

                       “Hunnie?” I asked, “Are you okay?” “I’m fine,” Sehun answered, not looking up from the cutting board. I frowned and sat down on the counter next to him and his cutting board. “…Did I do something wrong?” I asked quietly, staring down at my feet.

                       Sehun sighed and put down his knife, coming over in front of me and wrapping his arms around my waist. “No, baby,” he said, “It’s just…I feel like you don’t need me any more since you have all your new friends around.” He sighed again and rested his forehead against mine. “I used to be the one who protected you. Now they’ve all taken my place.”

                       I smiled and placed my hands around his neck. “Sehun, nobody can ever take your place,” I said, “Not when I’m in love with you.” I leaned forward and pressed my lips against his. It was a soft, sweet kiss that stayed pure and innocent until we broke away for air. “I love you, Sehunnie,” I said, holding his face close to mine. “I love you, too, Maru baby,” he replied, kissing my nose.

                       We slept after that. For the next three weeks, we went to practice every day for the showcase. It was a seriously huge deal. What I didn’t know was that the day of the showcase was also mine and Sehun’s one month anniversary. I guess I was too distracted with school, work, and the showcase.

                       Tao’s party had been moved to the night of the performance, since half of the people invited were practicing. Key had given me a knockout dress to wear once he heard about the party, giving it to Sehun in a garment bag with strict instructions not to look at it until the day of the party. So far, both of us had abided by that rule. 

 

A/N: I really hate the way i end my chapters. i'm not that good at it. More filler to explain what's going on right before the showcase, where EXO really comes into play :D Comments appreciated always!