25)

Best Friends(?)

We matched the fast-paced song together no problem, even though I was wearing a pair of Eiffel Towers on my feet. Jungkook was sweet and polite—he joked around with me and made me laugh. Once the song was over, he took my hand and led me over to another table, where I saw J-Hope, V, Jimin, and three other guys sitting.

                     J-Hope grinned when he saw me with Jungkook. Once we reached the table, J-Hope gestured to me. “Hyungs, THIS is the girl I was telling you about,” he said, flashing me a quick smile. The others looked me up and down and smiled back at me. “I’m Rap Monster,” a guy with a white side cut said. “I’m Suga,” a guy with cute, small eyes and an adorable smile said. “And I’m Jin,” a guy with plush lips said, smiling at me politely. “And since we haven’t met properly yet, I’m Jimin,” Jimin said. “I’m V,” V said, winking at me. I bowed back and gave them an eyesmile.

                     “Kookie’s had his turn, I’m up next,” Jimin said, grinning at me and taking my hand. Jungkook sat down in Jimin’s seat while Jimin himself took me back to the dance floor. We had a lot of fun as Jimin twirled me around to the beat, making me smile.

                     Once his song was over, J-Hope took his place, grinning at me while another fast-paced dance song came on. We had fun popping to the beat and pulling out waves and body rolls. J-Hope wrapped his arm around my waist and led me to the table to have a quick drink before going back out. I only drank a Sunrise, still refusing to take in any alcohol. Soon enough, it was V’s turn. He silently took my hand and led me to the dance floor.

                     Now, a slower, more sensual song was playing, and the crowd had separated into couples all over the dance floor. V pulled me close, his lips almost touching my forehead. He wrapped his arms around my waist tightly and swayed our bodies together to the beat, laying his forehead against my own while his intense gaze bored into my eyes.

                     “You’re beautiful,” he whispered into my ear. I blushed at the compliment and looked down. V lifted my face up by my chin and made me look at him. “Don’t ever hide,” he said, “I think you’re gorgeous.” We were silent for a while, just staring into each other’s eyes. “I want to protect you,” V said, “You attract trouble. Super Junior and EXO have their eyes on you, but they don’t deserve a girl as pure-hearted and…breath-taking as you. Will you let me?” “Will I let you what?” I asked. “Will you let me have you as mine?” he asked.

                     It was silent for a bit again. “V…I…” I started, “I’m flattered, but I have a boyfriend, and I’m very happy with him.” V looked skeptical. “You do? Where is he? I haven’t seen any man with you besides us and Big Bang,” he said. “I do,” I replied, “He’s in EXO. Their maknae and newest member, Oh Sehun.”

                     V scowled. “You’re with an EXOtic?” he asked incredulously. The song had ended, replaced by another slow beat, but V kept his arms around me. “Yes, but…no, but,” I stuttered, “He’s not like them.” V still looked unconvinced. His eyes flickered over to the EXO table, where all of them were now looking at us. Sehun’s eyes were narrowed, and his lips were set into a thin line.

                     “Do you love him?” V asked. “Yes,” I replied confidently. “Does he love you?” V asked, looking into my eyes. “Yes,” I replied, staring right back. “Maru,” V said, cradling my face with one hand, “I can protect you better than he can. He can’t protect you forever if his own team mates are the ones after you.” He took my face in his hands and slowly brought his lips to my forehead, leaving a long kiss there.

                     I was speechless. V had a point. But I loved Sehun. “V, I’m sorry…but I love him,” I said. V nodded dejectedly and looked down. “V…you won’t…turn on me, will you?” I asked, a little scared, “I have enough enemies.” V looked at me in shock. “Of course not,” he said quickly, “I’d never hurt the girl I love.” “Love?” I asked in surprise. V blushed slightly. “Well…at least, that’s what I think I feel,” he said, biting his lip in embarrassment.

                     However, someone joined us. “Excuse me, junior, but I’d like to have a dance with Maru,” a voice said. We turned to see Chen’s catlike smirk. “I’m sorry, senior, but I didn’t hear Maru say yes,” V shot back, his arms around my waist tightening.

                     My eyes flashed over to the EXO table where the other members sat, watching us. “I hope you know that if you show any further disrespect to me, it will be war between EXO and BTS,” Chen said, smiling at us. I felt V tense. “No, it’s fine,” I cut in, “There’s no need for unpleasant business, Chen. I’ll dance with you now.”

                     V leaned in close. “I’ll be watching,” he said, kissing my temple. He squeezed my shoulder in comfort before leaving. I took a deep breath and faced Chen with a smile. “So you said you wanted to dance?” I asked, a hand on my hip. Chen smirked and brought me into his chest, wrapping his arms around my waist.