Chapter 22

KILL YOU FIRST

22.

"I saw everything, Min ah," . A voice made Min an jumped. She turned around only to be greeted by a girl who looks a lot like herself. 

 

"eo---eonnie, I---IT'S NOT MY FAULT! WHO ASKED HER TO PULL ME? IF SHE DIDN'T, SHE WOULD BE HERE!" Min ah shouted and tears started flowing down her cheeks. 

 

"You, I didn't raise you to be like this. Min ah yah, Eomma and Appa wouldn't like this attitude of you. stop it. It is entirely your fault!". 

 

"What are you doing now then? TELL EVERYONE! TELL EVERYONE THAT YOUR SISTER KILLED JIHEE! TELL THEM , HAN SU AH! TELL EVERYONE THAT I KILLED HER!". 

 

 

Su ah sighed and massaged her temple. Min ah was her sister after all. But she knew that her sister was wrong. She saw everything. Min ah was the one who caused Jihee to fall. She quickly went to her sister and pulled her into a hug. She carressed her back and Min ah's hair. 

 

 

"I tried to help you. But Myungsoo is not meant to be with you. He loves Jihee. remember why I rejected him when he confessed? Because I know you like him. But fate has its own plan. Myungsoo loves Jihee and Jihee loves him,". Su ah whispered. 

 

Min ah pushed her sister away and smirked. She wiped her face and looked at the sea for the last time before storming off. 

 

 

 

 

' Hot star, Kim Jihee found missing after yesterday's comeback stage at Mcountdown. Family members, friends and staffs are still sesrching for her. Empire Ent. confirmed that she did not attend her comeback dinner and was missing till today. More information will be reported right away. Please come to Empire Ent. if you have any othet information, Thank you. ' 

 

 

"Hyung, what should I do? Its all my fault! I should have stayed with her yesterday. What if she was kidnapped? What if, what if--". Myungsoo's sentence was cut by stressed Sunggyu. 

 

"MYUNGSOO! STOP IT! I am worried too. She is my sister! Could you please stop blaming yourself and instead search for her? I am having a headache because of you.". 

Myungsoo sighed and hung his head low before apologising to the leader.

 

 The 7 members couldn't sleep or eat after they couldn't find Jihee. They were worried sick and tried to contact her phone many times but her line was unavailable. Myungsoo was the worst. He kept on crying and blaming himself for not staying with Jihee. Sunggyu was bad too but not as bad as Myungsoo. 

 

3 days passed and Jihee was still missing. Myungsoo locked himself in his room. He only came out to go to the toilet and that's all. He didn't eat, watch the television or do anything. He didn't even shower or shave. Beard and moustache started growing around his mouth. His eye bags and dark circles became worser. His eyes were bloodshot from all the crying and not sleeping. There were some glass pieces on the ground. He threw a frame when he was throwing a tantrum causing the glass to shatter into pieces.

 

"Myungsoo ah, let's eat. we know you're worried but you need to eat. Jihee wouldn't like it if you don't eat, right? Besides, our comeback is in 2 days. You need your energy back and gain your posture. Inspirits would be very worried if you're too skinny,". Hoya said from outside. Everyday, one by one, the members will persuade him. But their efforts never work. Despite the result, they continued persuading in hope that he will open the door. 

 

Myungsoo wiped his cheeks and sighed before standing up. He hesitated before twisting the door knob. He stared at his fellow member before giving him a bro hug. 

 

"Thanks, for always being here for me when I'm broken.". Myungsoo whispered. 

 

Hoya smiled and patted his back. "No probs man, We are always for you,". 

 

Myungsoo went to the toilet and decided to wash himself and shave to have a fresher look. *I have to be strong for Jihee* Myungsoo thought as he washed his face. 

 

The table was silent. All the members were eating their lunch quietly, all in their own world. Sunggyu sighed and put his chopsticks down, attracting his dongsaengs' attention. 

 

"Guys, I know this is hard, especially you, Myungsoo, but it is hardest for me too. I am her brother and she is the only family I have besides my appa. I promised my mom to protect Jihee. I must find her. We must find her. Maybe not physically, but maybe we could get some help. You guys in?". Sunggyu said carefully and asked.

The members one by one nodded and lastly, Myungsoo. "anything for my princess," Myungsoo whispered. 

 

 

 

 

 

*busan dialect*

 

"EONNIE EONNIE!! THIS IS FOR YOU!"

 

"NOONA! LET'S PLAY!"

 

"kids, Jihee have to help me prepare your food. Go play outside first, arasso?". 

 

"hmm, neh halmeoni,". 

 

 

The kids at Delight Orphanage were all playing at the garden, waiting for their lunch to be prepared. Screams and laughters could be heard. Jihee looked at the kids by the window and smiled. 

 

"here Halmeoni, let me take the plates for you,". Jihee said as she reached for the plates that were on top of the cabinet.

 

"aigoo, thank you thank you,". 

 

The kids were soon sitted on the long table waiting for their plates to be served. 

 

"one for Hyukkie, and lastly, Hyunnie!". Jihee finished giving out the plates after giving the last one to the younger twin. 

 

"Jihee ah, I want to talk to you,". Halmeoni called Jihee from the kitchen. "Neh halmeoni! I'm coming,". 

 

 

Its been about 5 days since Jihee was staying at the orphanage. She helped Halmeoni with the orphanage matters.

"It has been 5 days, you still haven't gotten your memories back?". Halmeoni asked. Jihee smiled sadly and sighed before shooking her head. 

 

*flashback*

 

 

"HALMEONIIII!! A noona is lying on the rocks there. I think she swam and fell asleep! Look over there!". 5 year old Hyuk shouted. Halmeoni furrowed her eyebrows and squinted her eyes to get a better look. Her eyes widened when she saw a body lifelessly lying on the rocks with the water hitting its feet every 3 seconds. Halmeoni quickly called the oldest among them, 9 year old Jae and asked him to help her carry the body to the dry shore. 

 

"Halmeoni, is she still alive?". 8 year old Byul asked. Halmeoni pressed the body's chest and pumped it a few times. The body started jerking and a few moments later, she sat up and coughed out water. She touched her head and flinched when she felt pain. Halmeoni looked at her head and saw quite a big cut on her forehead and it was bleeding. Halmeoni immediately took her spare shirt and wrapped the girl's head. 

 

"What is your name dear?". Halmeoni asked her softly. The girl looked at Halmeoni with sad eyes and shooked her head, saying that she could not remember. Halmeoni then saw letters on her dress. 'J.I.H.E.E'. She smiled and showed the girl her dress. "I think your name is Jihee. Come on, follow me to the orphanage.". 

 

Jihee smiled and slowly stood up, following Halmeoni and the kids. She looked at her dress and wondered why she was wearing a very beautiful dress that people would wear for a performance. She shrugged her shoulders and continued walking.

 

 

*end of flashback* 

 

"How do you say 'wae' in a busan dialect? I am still not used to this satoori.". Jihee asked. Halmeoni smiled and taught her what she needed to survive in Busan. 

 

 

 

 

 

Infinite was having a comeback stage at Music bank. The members were all getting ready in their dressing room. Some were warming up their vocals, some just eating and some playing games. They decided to put Jihee aside for a while and focus on their comeback. Not that they do not care about her, it was just that, they needed to balance their work life and personal life. If it was time to work, they need to focus on work and their fans. During their free time, the y discussed on how to find Jihee. 

 

 

It was their turn to perform. All of them, especially Myungsoo and Sunggyu tried their best to focus on their performance. A few did some mistakes but fortunately, they were not very obvious. Myungsoo slipped a few times as his mind was on Jihee and the fact that the stage was slippery was not helping either. The last part was coming and a sudden thump shocked the boys and the fans. They quickly looked at the source of the sound and their eyes widened. Myungsoo slipped and fell down, not on the stage but into a hole. The staff accidentally pressed a button causing the stage to go down and making a hole. Myungsoo, not focusing on his surrounding did not notice the hole and fell down. 

 

Myungsoo tried to stand slowly and even though his back hurt a lot, he smiled so that his fans weren't worried. The last beat came. Infinite thanked their fans and bowed before helping Myungsoo get out from the hole. Myungsoo bowed to his fans and kept on apologising for not being able to dance till the last beat. The fans then cheered on "THAT'S OKAY MYUNGSOO! WE LOVE YOU!". Myungsoo thanked them and quickly went backstage. 

 

 

He took of his stage outfit and looked at his back in the mirror. He flinched when he felt pain at his upper back. He scraped his back when he fell down into the hole. Sungjong saw the older and decided to ask the staffs for the aid kit. 

 

"Hyung, here, let me help you,". Sungjong called and pulled Myungsoo down to let him sit. Myungsoo screamed a little when the oil touched his soft skin. Sungjong who was behind him kept on apologising and asked his hyung to endure a bit. Myungsoo bit his lips and tried to control his voice. He relaxed a bit after getting used to the burning feeling. He smiled when he remembered Jihee treating his bruised lips.

 

 *Jagiya, I miss you. please come back* Myungsoo thought sadly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yeah, another chapter up! I may not be updating very frequently as my exams are starting. Please keep on reading and wait for my next updates. dont forget to comment, subscribe and vote! Aing~~.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

READERS SARANGHAEYONG<3