Chapter 14

KILL YOU FIRST

Myungsoo woke up to find himself beside Jihee's bed with a blanket drapped over him. He stretched his arms and yawned. The smell of delicious food attracted him. He followed the smell which led him to the bakery's kitchen. There stood his lovely girlfriend with freshly baked cookies. 

 

"oh Myungsoo ah! Can you help me call your cousins? So we can have breakfast together. They are the ones who want cookies and milk for breakfast today. oh and don't worry I asked eomma if I could use the ingredients and kitchen. she let me use them." Jihee said. 

 

Myungsoo smiled and went to her. He cupped her face, "Aigooooo since when did my Jihee became a very good wife?". 

 

Jihee smiled back and cupped his face, "Aigooooo since when did i say i wanted to be your wife?". 

 

Myungsoo pouted and crossed his arms over his chest and quickly went upstairs to call his little cousins. Jihee chuckled and continued preparing their light breakfast. 

 

"Mmmmm! eonnie, the cookies are really delicious! not too hard, not too soft, chewy, not too sweet and just nice! I love them!" Yena said while munching on her cookie. Jihee thanked her and wiped the crumbs of her lips using a napkin. 

 

the door to the bakery opened revealing an older version of Myungsoo. "oh Appa!". Myungsoo quickly went to his dad and hugged him. His dad hugged him back and ruffled his hair. "kyaa, my son is a grown man now. is this your girlfriend?". Myungsoo nodded at his dad's question. 

 

Mr Kim smirked and wiggled his eyebrows. "so are you going to give me a grandchild soon?". 

Jihee widened her eyes and shooked her head. *so that is where Myungsoo got his y side from* she thought. 

 

Jihee borrowed Mrs Kim's dress as her dress was still stained. The couple quickly got ready to go back. "Eomma, Appa, we have to go back now. We will definitely come back here when we are free. With the infinite members too next time.". Myungsoo said. Yena jumped and cheered,"Yay! more handsome oppas next time!". Jaeseok shooked his head and said,"No, i am your only oppa.". The happy family laughed at the cute siblings.Jihee hugged Myungsoo's cousins and mom before entering the car. 

 

The journey back was silent. Neither of them said a word after entering the car.  Myungsoo held Jihee's hand and asked,"Are you okay? what did you dream of last night?". Jihee smiled at him and shooked her head. "Myungsoo ah, wake me up when we arrived. I am tired.". Myungsoo looked at her, still worried, and nodded. 

 

Jihee closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Her mind went back to last night.

 

*flashback*

 

Jihee was ,as always, scrolling her SNS feed before going to sleep. There were a lot of comments on her recent post. 

 

//congrats Jihee eonnie and Myungsoo oppa!//

//we hope you both last long!//

//we love you eonnie! Myungsoo is lucky to have you//

//daebak. my ship sailed!//

 

Jihee smiled at the sweet comments her fans left. But her smile soon turned into a frown.

 

//oh puhlease, them? together? never.//

// Yah B**ch! what did you do to My Myungsoo?//

// You dont deserve him//

//poor Myungsoo oppa//

//duet was just an excuse//

//#wewantjiheedead//

//i'll kill you// 

 

Jihee was not really affected by the bad comments but she did not expect to get death threats. The anti fans ruined her mood so she decided to sleep. 

 

that was why she had a nightmare.

 

*end of flashback* 

 

"Jagiya, we're here. wake up,". Jihee opened her eyes and stretched her arms before opening the door. *I know you didn't sleep just now. you just didn't want to talk. are you really okay?* Myungsoo thought. 

 

Jihee was quiet the whole time. In the dressing room, in their waiting room. They were waiting for their time for the interview. Jihee was staring into space. She didn't even hear her boyfriend calling for her a few times. Myungsoo pulled her into a hug and her hair,"You know if you have troubles you can tell me, right?". Jihee was surprised by his sudden action but just weakly nodded. 

 

 

Their interview started with questions about their current promotions. Mostly, Myungsoo answered the questions. Jihee gave a one word answer everytime a question was given to her. Except a question.

 

"Did you guys started dating before the duet and that the duet was just an excuse?". 

 

Jihee stared at the host for a few seconds and answered, "No. that day when the fans caught us dating, that was actually just a meet up. I had to give him back his jacket as that time when I was hanging out with Infinite sunbae, he lent me his jacket and forgot to take it back. I think the duet was actually planned even before the rumours about us dating as the CEOs were really calm. Spending alot of time with each other  for the duet resulted us in being attracted to each other and became a couple. So any of the things you said were untrue." . Myungsoo nodded in agreement to his girlfriend's words. 

 

Jihee went back home alone as Myungsoo had to practice for infinite's upcoming concerts. She was on the sofa staring at the screen in front of her. Her stomach grumbled so she decided cook something. She was suddenly craving for tteokbeokki so she took out the ingredients. 

She was cutting onions but strangely, her eyes did not stink . She was staring into space again and accidentally cut her finger. She quickly stood up and went to the sink. She washed the blood and pasted a plaster over the cut. 

 

she gave up on cooking and decided to just sleep. but when she thought about it again, she decided not to because she was afraid she would have a nightmare again and Myungsoo was not there to comfort her. She knows its childish but she didn't want to go through the nightmare again. reality is enough nightmare for her. No. she did not regret accepting Myungsoo's heart because it was not any of their faults they love each other. The haters are just immature. 

 

To kill time, she took her favourite book and sat down on her bed. Without her noticing, the Sun was already shining in the blue sky. She stretched her limbs and rubbed her eyes. Reading her favourite book washed away all her worries. She then prepared to go to Woollim Ent. to meet her brother and the others. She could not tell her worries to Myungsoo because they involve him. The only one she could comfortably tell is her brother. 

 

On the way to the company, as usual, fans gave her presents including dresses, food, and accecories. She accepted them happily and walked faster when her head started throbbing. She arrived at the company and asked for the direction to infinite's practice room. Lucky for her, they were resting when she arrived. Myungsoo was the first one to stand up. He was worried when he saw dark circles under her beautiful eyes. 

 

"Jagiya? Are you okay? Come sit beside me,". Myungsoo said and pulled Jihee by her hand. Jihee followed him and sat down beside him. She leaned her head on his broad shoulders and closed her eyes. Sunggyu looked at her and asked,"Jihee ah, did you sleep last night? or did you stayed up all night and read your favourite book because you were afraid of nightmares?". Another thing is, this was normal for Jihee. She would do what she did if she had a nightmare the last night. Still with closed eyes, Jihee nodded. Sunggyu sighed and shooked his head at his sister. 

 

"Myungsoo ah, I'm hungry. I didn't eat the whole night. Look at this, i accidentally cut my finger while cutting onions so I decided to stop cooking. Can you see whats inside those bags that my fans gave? if there is food, give me." Jihee said.

 

Myungsoo digged the bags and saw some cookies. He took the bag of cookies and gave it to Jihee. Jihee took a bite and chew slowly. She frowned and continued eating the cookies as she was hungry. She scratched her cheeks and continue chewing when it hit her. "This taste. Th--there are nuts in the cookies!". She started coughing and red rashes were seen on her face. She felt like someone was choking her.The Infinite members were too shocked to do anything. Sunggyu being the first to realise, immediately carried her and ran out of the company. Myungsoo followed behind him and quickly hailed a cab for them. On their way to the nearest hospital in the cab, Sunggyu kept on mumbling to Jihee, "Don't close your eyes.". Myungsoo on the other side was worried. He felt guilty for not checking the ingredients first. 

 

Jihee was brought to the emergency room as soon as they arrived at the hospital. Sunggyu and Myungsoo waited for her outside. "Myungsoo ah, do you know what Jihee's nightmare was?". 

Myungsoo shooked his head. "I've asked her a few times but she always avoided my question. She is quiet too these days. I am worried hyung. What should i do?". Sunggyu patted his back. "I think we should give her time. She will tell us when she is ready.". Myungsoo nodded and they waited for the doctor. 

 

"Kim Jihee ssi needs some rest. You are aware that when Miss Kim eats nuts, she will get the after effects because she is allergic to them. Her rashes are gone but she still have some difficulties to breathe. and the fact that she did not sleep last night made her weaker than usual. All she needs now is some sleep. so please don't make noise when you visit her inside." The doctor advised. 

 

Myungsoo sighed when he looked at Jihee. He her cheeks and held her hand. "Tell me all your troubles. Dont keep it to yourself. I beg you. it hurts me watching you go through all this alone." Myungsoo whispered. Jihee was actually awake. She heard Myungsoo's whisper. She opened her watery eyes and pressed Myungsoo's hand. Myungsoo looked at her and were shocked to see her crying. He quickly hugged his girlfriend and comforted her. He wiped her tears with his thumbs and hugged her again. 

 

"I am sorry Myungsoo. I was actually going to tell this to oppa only but I promise i am going to tell you too. I am depressed this few days. I don't know why the bad comments from the fans affected me so much. I had a nightmare that night. The nightmare was about a girl killing me for dating you. I am scared that it will come true. I received death threats on my SNS accounts too. I--I am scared, myungsoo ah,". Jihee said , scared like a little girl. 

 

Myungsoo pecked her lips and her back. "Don't worry, like you said, the fans will soon understand and no matter what happen, I will always be with you, to protect you. The Infinite members and Amber are there for you too. Don't be scared anymore, arasso? Myungsoo Oppa is here for you," Myungsoo comforted her and to enlighten the mood. Jihee rolled her eyes and punched Myungsoo's arm. Myungsoo carrassed her plastered finger and pushed her by her forehead and asked her to rest and sleep so that she will be better. She nodded and pulled the blankets before sleeping on the hospital bed. 

 

Sunggyu saw the scene from outside. He smiled and sighed in relief. "I hope they really are meant to be together. Take care of her, Myungsoo ah. I trust you." 

 

 

 

sorry if this chapter is crappy. oh wells, hope you guys enjoy it! don't forget to comment, vote and subscribe! doing these will make me more encouraged to update^^ Aing~~