My Thoughts Will Remain Thoughts

It's The Only Way

Things started taking a weird turn for Moonbyul after the night they spend in the dance studio. For some reason she couldn't look at Solar the same way. It also didn't help that at times Solar would spend the night in Moonbyul's bed just because she wanted to and sometimes Solar would ask for Moonbyul to sleep with her. It was a normal thing, for two close girl friends to spend the night in the same bed. However, sometimes Moonbyul would end up stalking Solar as she slept soundlessly which resulted in no sleep for Moonbyul. 

Everything was the same except Moonbyul. She started to become confuse when Solar was around her. Her heart beats faster than usual when Solar was in sight, felt nervous when Solar approaches her, sad when Solar departs and thinks of her when they weren't together. Moonbyul wasn't exactly aware of all the mood changes that's been occuring recently until she started to notice a few things about herself.

Solar was the friendly type, she knew how to approach people and thus, she usually gets along with her idols quick. When they started with their "Ah Oop" promotions Solar ended up a lot of her time talking to a lot of the GOT7 members. Solar and JB were closer friends compare to the other members and Moonbyul realize that she wasn't quite fond of seeing them together so much but it wasn't her place to say anything. Even their agency supported them in dating for music inspirations. 

"Byul-unnie," Wheein called out to Moonbyul in their dressing room which was filled with hectic staff members trying to sort out their makeups and stage outfit. Hwasa was the last to wrap up her makeup process while Wheein chilled on the couch with her phone with Moonbyul next to her as Solar starts chatting up with JB who came by to greet them. 

Moonbyul seems to have not heard Wheein as she continue to space out in the direction of the door. Wheein wrinkled her eyebrows as she traced her eyes to where Moonbyul was looking at, Solar and JB.  

"Unnie," Wheein attempts again as she poked Moobyul.

"What?" Moonbyul confusingly looked over to Wheein. 

"What are you looking at that's causing you to have such a salty face?" 

"What are you talking about? Who's salty?" Moonbyul avoided in answering Wheein's question. 

"Solar-unnie and JB-oppa look cute don't they?" Wheein joked, testing out her roommate's expression. Moonbyul rolled her eyes and grabbed her phone, pretending to browse the internet. 

"Sure," she coldly replied.

"What's wrong? Are you jealous of Solar-unnie? Do you like JB-oppa?" Wheein smiled widely. 

"Who likes JB-shi?" Solar's voice rung Moonbyul's attention but she kept her position still as Solar approached them and join Wheein and Moonbyul on the couch.

"Byul-unnie!" Wheein announced. Solar looked at Moonbyul quickly with a surprising expression. Moonbyul sighs and sets her phone down.

"No I don't, you're assuming with no evidence," Moonbyul slap Wheein's head lightly, causing her to frown and placing her hand on the place where it was attacked.

"You sure looked like it," Wheein defended.

"I was spacing out, what gave you the idea that I was jealous?" Moonbyul tries to rear the idea of jealousy away from the conversation but Solar wasn't ready to drop it, she loved things like this. Solar likes to talk about romance within the group because it made them feel human, loving other people wasn't a sin, even if they were idols, they were humans first. 

"C'mon, don't be shy, do you like JB-shi?" Solar nudged at her close friend. Before Moonbyul could answer the stage staff called their group for standby and that made Hwasa and Wheein to quicken their pace and left the dressing room. Moonbyul was ready to get up after the other two members when Solar grabbed ahold of her wrist and pulled her back down onto the couch. 

"What the-, we have to leave," Moonbyul said suprisingly, worried that they would cause trouble for the music show and avoiding the conversation and Solar altogether. 

"We're not done here, answer my question," Solar stated demandingly. 

"No I don't like him! I have no interest in romance right now," Moonbyul grunts, avoiding Solar's eye contact. 

"Awh, it'll be nice if you started to like someone, you would make a great girlfriend, don't be afraid to tell me about those things!" Solar gave Moonbyul a sincere smile.

"Do you like him?" Moonbyul blurted back. She almost choked herself after she realize what she had blurted out from . Solar looked at her, looking a little hesitant. 

"I-" Solar started but their manager came in and yelled at them to quickly join the other two girls. This time it was Solar who took the initiative to leave first while Moonbyul followed behind her, somewhat feeling like she wanted to hit herself in the face and sad that Solar wasn't able to answer her. After the music show was over they all came back to their dressing room to gather their belongings and once again Moonbyul could see from the corners of her eyes that JB came back again and was talking to Solar. Moonbyul could feel herself getting annoyed but she wasn't certain why. 

When they came back to their dorms, while Wheein and Hwasa were sharing the bathrooms to brush their teeth Solar went to find Moonbyul in her room. While listening to some music on her bed Moonbyul chould feel a tap on her back, she turned around to see Solar's pajamas outfit and bare face. 

It was something she never got to voice out but Moonbyul honestly liked Yongsun better than Solar when they were at home, her cute bare face was something Moonbyul looked forward to talking to every night because there was nothing to hide. 

"Can I talk to you for a second?" Solar says. Moonbyul placed her head phones down and gave Solar her full attention. 

"What's up?"

"Remember when we had a conversation about JB-shi?" Solar started. When his name came up Moonbyul could feel a little knot in her stomach, she didn't like where this was going already. 

"Yea?" Moonbyul replies, trying to hide her uncomfortableness. 

"Today, after the show-," Solar hesitated for a second. "He asked me out for a date," Solar confessed. Moonbyul could feel herself shaking a bit. "Should I go? I mean, I'm telling you because you're my close friend and I just thought it was something I can share with you," Solar smiled lightly, not sure if it was a genuine smile or not.

A lot of things were running through Moonbyul's head, they weren't pretty thoughts or feelings either. She wanted to bash him, she wanted to tell Solar to never go near him again, she wanted his existence to disappear but they were only thoughts and most of the time for her. Thoughts will remain thoughts. 

"Yea," she said, emotionlessly. There was nothing else she could say, as long as she was human and Solar's friend, she had no right to. Support was what Solar gave Moonbyul for so long, why would Moonbyul take that and throw it away, she could only support Solar from now on. 

"Really? I thought you would scold me," Solar giggled and used her slender piano fingers to lift her side bangs away from her face. Moonbyul's breath stopped for a moment as she watched Solar move. 

STOP.

Moonbyul thought to herself. 

"Be careful though, if you need anything you can just ask me," Moonbyul said with a fake smile. Solar smiled so bright at her friend's support.

Moonbyul realized this smile will soon no longer only be for her. That was when she realized. 

That night, for some reason Wheein woke up to sniffles. She turned her head over to Moonbyul's bed who had covers all the way up over her head. Wheein listened a little longer to confirm the noise only to find out that Moonbyul started shaking from her cries that she was trying to keep silent. Wheein became alarmed but at the same time she knew that if Moonbyul was trying to keep her tears silent then it was better if Wheein pretended that she didn't hear anything. With a heavy heart, Wheein tried her best to fall back asleep that night while listening to Moonbyul's silent cries.

----------------------------------

After telling Moonbyul about how JB asked her out for a date Solar became a little excited to text JB back about their upcoming plans. However as soon as she sent him the text, Moonbyul's face came across her mind. Solar noticed something wrong about Moonbyul's picture, only when she laid down after Hwasa turned off the lights was when she realized Moonbyul's image in her head. 

Moonbyul's eyes were sad. 

Solar's thoughts started to run that night but it only left her more confused and she ended up falling asleep with a heavy heart. Something wasn't right and she felt it.