What Should've Been Done.

It's The Only Way

The morning came and once Solar opens her eyes, she dreadfully pretends to go back to sleep. 

"Unnie, we have to get up to get ready soon," Wheein nudges the girl. No response. "Fine...Byul-yi-unnie! Can you-?!" Wheein turns to call for someone else to wake up Solar but Solar's arm wrapped around Wheein, dragging her down onto the bed with one arm and the other hand covering the younger girl's mouth. 

"I'm awake! Shhh!" Solar strangles Wheein. 

"Then why didn't you just say so!? Why did you have to attack me?!" Wheein wiggles out from Solar's hold and got up, rushing towards the bathroom. Once Wheein disappears Solar sinks back into her bed, trying to think of what to say if Moonbyul approaches her. She can't deny the fact that she was acting up last night and it's pretty embarassing to face Moonbyul now. 

As the other members were busy gathering their belongings for the schedules, Solar peeks her head out from the bedroom door to scan the room. Fortunately for Solar, Moonbyul seemed to be done getting ready early and just relaxed on the couch, staring at her phone as she faced the opposite direction from Solar. 

Solar managed to get ready by avoiding Moonbyu in several distinct ways however, Wheein saw the skeptial behaviors of the leader. When their manager called for the girls, Solar quickly rushed out of the door first, running into the elevators before the rest of the girls could gather their belongings.

"I'm going first!" Solar calls back to the manager while looking into her purse for her phone. Unfortunately for her, as the doors were closing, a pair of shoe kicked the side of the elevator door, making the doors bounce back open. Solar looks at the shoe and traced her eyes up to the person.

She makes eye-contact with Moonbyul. Moonbyul smirks and walks inside calmly.

"We're going down first unnie," Moonbyul called back to their manager. Solar curses under her breath and she slowly retreated back towards the corner of the elevator and turned her whole body to face another way.

The ride down was silent with only the noises of the elevator sliding from its friction with the rope that's holding it up. Solar actually silently wishes that Moonbyul keeps the awkward quietness between them so that when they arrive on the first floor, Solar would just quickly walk out pass Moonbyul. 

Solar kept staring at the walls of the elevator until she heard a ding, indicating that they had arrived. She sighs and spins her body around and shrieks when she turned around to face a close up Moonbyul. 

"Yah! W-what are you doing?" Solar shouts at first but then retreated her voice to a calm tone while stumbling back into the wall, trying to create distance between the younger girl. 

"Unnie...I remember," Moonbyul says. Solar was confused at first. 

"Remember what?" 

"That night," Moonbyul says, trying to keep the topic subtle. Solar realizes what Moonbyul was trying to say and quickly duck under Moonbyul's height in order to turn her back towards the elevator's opening. 

"We need to leave soon, the door is closing," Solar walks outside first. Moonbyul puffs in frustration when she sees that Solar was avoiding the topic and runs after Solar, grabbing her by the wrist.

 "Unnie! Why won't you talk about it?!" Moonbyul wants to hear Solar's thoughts because deep down, Moonbyul had grew hopes from remembering the incident. 

"What is there to talk about?" Solar says without looking at Moonbyul's direction, she wanted to sound calm but if she looks at Moonbyul, Solar knew she was going to become nervous again. Moonbyul could sense that Solar was trying so hard to avoid the subject and decides to skip onto the next topic because Moonbyul was more confused about last night. 

"...How about last night?" Moonbyul switches the topic. "What was going on last night with you? Did I do something to upset you?" 

"What made you think you did something wrong?" Solar says back right away. 

"...Well...you said JB-shii didn't do anything to you so who else would it be? Plus you were running from me, that pretty much looks like I did something," 

"...,"

"Unnie...is it because-" Moonbyul starts.

"Oi, what are you guys doing? get in the van, we'll be late!" their manager's voice made Moonbyul look back at the girls walking out from the elevator and stopped midway through her sentence. While off guard, Solar easily slipped her wrist from Moonbyul's hold and got into their van first, sitting in the back of the van. Moonbyul intended to sit right next to Solar when Wheein suddenly walked past Moonbyul and secured her seat next to Solar. 

Moonbyul sighed in defeat. She was truly confused with Solar's actions. She needs answers from only one person and it wasn't happening when Solar was acting up like this. 

Why did Solar kiss her like that when she was drunk that night? Why did Solar run away last night? Why does she keep avoiding Moonbyul so much lately? Also, why did Moonbyul felt so guilty looking at Solar ever since last night when she kissed Hyuna?

Thinking too much was Moonbyul's worse nightmare. She exhales a loud deep breath, making Hwasa become concern. 

"Did you not sleep enough last night unnie, what's up with you?" Hwasa asks. 

"It's nothing," Moonbyul waves Hwasa away. Solar kept her stare at Moonbyul worringly, even though she knows why Moonbyul seemed to be stressing out so much. Solar actually wants to confront Moonbyul if she could but she didn't know what to say. More importantly, Solar knew she didn't have the courage to do so. 

Moonbyul wasn't the only one stressing out. Solar was just as much stressed out. Solar also let out a more quiet sigh and rests her head against the car's window. Wheein sees this and begins thinking again.

"Did they fight again?" Wheein thought. "Why are these two unnies always fighting?" Wheein also sighs and Hwasa sees this as well. 

"What the heck...is this a trend? Why is everyone sighing so much?" Hwasa thought to herself in confusion. "What's going on with everyone?" she shrugs her shoulder and turns the volume on her phone up with her headphones in. 

---------------------------------------------

Mamamoo's schedule begins to increase in amount as their popularity was rising ever since their "Um Ah Oh Yea" single came out. They were traveling from far cities back to back and they often visit rest stops for food and breaks. 

Ever since the morning to noon, they finally made a stop after a performance at a far away university. Moonbyul fell asleep after not being able to sleep for the whole night and the rest of the girls thought it was better to leave her there. 

The rest of the girls followed their manager into the rest stop's food court while Moonbyul laid fast asleep in the car. Since they had a good amount of time before the next event, Mamamoo was able to take their time at the rest stop. However, when the girls and their were eating causually, Solar was worried about Moonbyul who chose sleep over food but was afraid to approach Moonbyul, she didn't want to put herself in a situation where would be alone with Moonbyul.

Only when she started to reach for her phone in her purse that Solar realizes that it was no where to be found. "Hey, is my phone over there anywhere?" Solar asks the rest of the girls. They all shook their head. 

"Maybe you left it in the car?" Hwasa points out. 

"Dammit," Solar curses. 

"What's wrong? The van is right there," Hwasa laughs. "Are you that lazy?" 

"...no, I just didn't want to leave my food," Solar lies and gets up while heading for the van parking outside. Solar felt as if she just jinxed herself, she didn't want to put herself in a situation where she would be alone with Moonbyul and the next moment, her phone happens to be left inside the car where Moonbyul was. 

Solar opens the door as quietly as she could in order to not wake Moonbyul up and tiptoed onto the van. She starts scanning the van for a few minutes until she gave up, she was about to leave the van in order to get the other members to call her phone but on Solar's way out, in the corner of her eye, she spots the familiar device sitting next to Moonbyul. However, it was on the other side of Moonbyul where her arm was resting in from her sleep. 

"Just my luck...," Solar sighs. She fidgets for a bit in order to gather her courage and heads for her phone. She stands over Moonbyul while grabbing onto the side of the door for support, feared for her life that she would fall onto Moonbyul. 

The phone was located under Moonbyul's arm which she was resting on for support in order to rest in the chair. "How the hell did my phone even end up there?!" Solar thought to herself desperately. Just when Solar finally reached her phone, an arm grabbed Solar's free arm and pulled her to sit on the chair in the car.

Solar shrieks in surprise but looks up to see Moonbyul sitting up from her previous position, leaning towards Solar. 

"Kim Yongsun," Moonbyul's voice calling Solar made her shiver. 

"W-weren't you sleeping?" Solar stuttered as she looks away, trying to avoid eye contact. 

"Are you looking for this?" Moonbyul says as she waves Solar's phone in the air. Solar grunts and reaches out to grasp for her phone but Moonbyul suprisingly moved the phone away purposely. 

"W-wha, what are you doing? Give it back," Solar whines, realizing that Moonbyul was teasing her. 

"Not until you stop avoiding me," Moonbyul demanded. The younger girl was sick of playing the silent game and if it meant to bargain with Solar, Moonbyul was willing to do it. 

"Who says I'm avoiding you," Solar denies.

"Unnie!" Moonbyul's whining caught Solar's attention. "Why are you being like tihs? Do you hate me that much?" Moonbyul asks.

"That's not true!" Solar unintentionally replies but shuts up right way after she realizes what she had just blurted out. Moonbyul smiles.

"Then do you like me?" Moonbyul beams with happiness, she forgot the purpose of her plans and was currently joking with Solar. 

"Are you stupid? Do you realize what you're saying?" Solar knocks on Moonbyul's head, making the girl jump back from the action. 

"Ow, you're mean," Moonbyul continues to joke and was caught off guard therefore Solar leans over Moonbyul and snatches her phone from the girl's other hand behind her. 

"I'm leaving," Solar said in the process and was about to pull back from the younger girl until Moonbyul takes a hold of Solar's hand that was holding the phone and stops her from going anywhere. 

"I'm serious unnie, why won't you talk about that night?" Moonbyul switched mode and was heading towards her goal for answers. For a while now, Moonbyul felt a strange vibe coming from Solar, as if there was something between them and she doesn't know what she's doing right now but her gut instincts tells her that this was right. She needed to be more direct. Moonbyul has hopes. 

Solar blushes again and avoids eye contact. 

"Unnie, the way you've been acting towards me have been different lately, I don't want to jump to conclusions but you're not giving me answers," Moonbyul's face showed confusion and sadness that it was hard for Solar to leave her be and finally Solar feels as if their feelings were mutual without having to clarify anything. She was happy but scared at the same time. 

What happens if Solar tells Moonbyul her true feeligns right now? Will they be together? Even if they're together, can it be peaceful? Will they be able to be happy together with the society they live in or the people they spend their lives with?

Then she remembers what she saw the last night. Hyuna. 

"...I'm hurt," Solar finally lets out while meeting Moonbyul's eye contact. 

"Huh?"

"Hurt? By who?" Moonbyul says with concern because she thought that someone had talked bad about her or JB had done something but as she looks into Solar's eyes, it told her a different message. 

"...," Solar wanted to let out her true feelings to Moonbyul but it was would too risky and selfish. With the images of Hyuna and Moonbyul in Solar's head and her conflicting feelings of the situation, Moonbyul starts to notice that Solar's eyes were teary. Moonbyul reaches up to cup Solar's cheek to wipe away her tears.

"U-unnie, why are you cry-," Moonbyul said mid-sentence until Solar quickly pulls back. 

"Don't worry about it," Solar says coldly and opens the car's door, leaping out while wiping her tears with her back facing Moonbyul. Moonbyul sat there speechless, she had no idea what just happened, things just became more confusing. 

Hiding behind the van, observing Moonbyul and Solar was Wheein. When Solar unexpectedly threw the van's door open, Wheein scrambled towards the back of the van where she wouldn't be seen. 

Since Solar took awhile, their manager sent Wheein to help out Solar and when Wheein came close to the van she could see shadows behind the limo tinted window and her instincts told her that it was best if she didn't open the door. After observing for a little bit she noticed that the car's door wasn't completely closed but a little gap was left hanging. Wheein stepped closer and she could hear Solar and Moonbyul's voice talking while bending down to hide from the window's view. 

Wheein heard their whole conversation from when Solar grabbed her phone. She didn't know the exact details but she could grasp a hint of what was going on. She looks at Moonbyul sitting in silence while Solar headed back towards the food court. 

"Aigoo...," Wheein sighs in distraught. 

Solar came back from the van and sits down next to their manager. 

"You came back alone?" Hwasa said. 

"...Yea, why wouldn't I?" Solar says in confusion. 

"Oh, we sent Wheein to help you out, we thought you guys might've came back together," their manager says casually. Solar realizes what was going on and starts panicking because she was scared that Wheein might've seen them. 

Suddenly Wheein came from another door to the food court, holding a piece of candy.

"W-where were you?" Solar asks. 

"Oh sorry, I was suppose to help you but I got distracted by free candy over there," Wheein laughs while lying. Solar's heartbeat calmed down a bit but she was still stressing over Moonbyul's situation. She regrets acting up again and Solar feels like whenever she's around Moonbyul that she can't control her own feelings and ends up blurting out things she regrets.  

What was she going to do.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back inside the van, Moonbyul starts to stress out even more with what had just happened. Did Solar feel the same or not? Did what Moonbyul say not come out direct because she just became more confused. Suddenly a text came from Hyuna and Moonbyul had felt bad because she was too caught up with Solar that she had forgotten about the other girl. 

To:Byul

Can we talk?

"" Moonbyul curses to herself. She already didn't like the tone of Hyuna's text when there are no emojis. Moonbyul throws her phone to the side and grunts in frustration. 

From the beginning, Moonbyul knew that she should've never accepted to hurt Hyuna's feelings even if the girl was so willingly at first because in the end, somebody was going to get hurt. 

Moonbyul feels as if she was the monster now.