It's The Little Details

It's The Only Way

The first consequence hit Moonbyul too hard. Solar tells the girls that she was finally dating Im Jaebum.

"Like boyfriend and girlfriend?" Hwasa asked in the car. 

"Like boyfriend and girlfriend," Solar nodded.

"Officially?" Wheein said.

"Officially," Solar replied. 

They were on their way to a music broadcast to perform for their promotions when Solar decided to bust out the news after a couple days since the event at the studio. 

Moonbyul was too caught up with making up with Hyuna that she hadn't notice about her feelings for Solar that still existed and today was the day she got a slap in the face for it. 

"Better be careful,"their manager laughed. 

"Aigooo, be careful on your dates!" Wheein joked.

"Hey make sure you get into a scandal for us, give us a cheesy one!" Hwasa added.

"A kissing picture?" Wheein said and both maknaes started to get rowdy and squealing like high school girls. Solar simply laughed along while she was eyeing Moonbyul who seem to be looking into the distance through the car's window. Moonbyul heard everything, she was only pretending that she was spacing out so that she didn't have to pretend to congratulate Solar because she really didn't want to. 

Moonbyul was feeling pissed and she knew she wasn't in the position to feel anything right now. It only served her right and she knew it was bound to happen anyways. According to her instincts, Jaebum wasn't a bad guy so at least Solar was in good hands. However, when Wheein said the words "kissing" for their scandal joke, the events of Solar and Moonbyul's kiss popped up into both of her heads.

"Unnie," Wheein elbowed Moonbyul lightly by her waist. "Isn't JB-oppa and Yongsun-unnie cute?" 

"Mmhm," Moonbyul didn't bother to look at the girls when she said that and they all found it weird. Solar found it particularly weird. 

"What's wrong with you?" Hwasa stated, making Moonbyul realize about her cold behavior.

"Oh sorry, I spaced out," Moonbyul looked at them and smiled fakingly. "Congrats unnie!" Moonbyul said. The whole car ride got quiet after that and Moonbyul wanted to slap herself for being too honest. 

-----------------------------------

Ironically Nine Muses were promoting the same time as Mamamoo and they ran into eachother backstage at the broadcasting station.Moonbyul and Hyuna took a quick two-shot selfie while Solar's eyes were caught staring at them, a little bothered on how close they were acting. Although Moonbyul was acting okay, once she sepereated from Hyuna she was quiet again when they had to go fix their make-up.

 Moonbyul was to focused on feeling moody about the Solar and Jaebum news that she hadn't notice that Hyuna tapped her on the back. While the members were still busy with their make-up, Moonbyul stood by the door to the hallway where staffs and idols were running around. 

"Byul-ah?" Hyuna called when her first tap on the girl's shoulder seem to didn't work. "Moonbyul!" Hyuna pushed Moonbyul's shoulder lightly, finally catching the girl's attention. 

Hyuna raising her voice also caught Solar's attention in the mirror. 

"Unnie, what are you doing here?" Moonbyul turned around. 

"Yah, why are you so spaced out? I called you twice already," Hyuna whined. 

"I'm sorry, I-didn't sleep enough," Moonbyul lied. Hyuna instinctly punched Moonbyul's arm causing the girl to grunt and stumble backwards.

"What the hell, what was that for?" Moonbyul whined. 

"For attempting to lie to me,"Hyuna crossed her arms. Moonbyul was caught red-handed and scratched her head in guilt. 

"...,"

"So? Are you gonna tell me what's going on?" Hyuna said again, acting like she was punishing a daughter. 

"...I swear it's nothing, I've just been thinking too much," Moonbyul said, she didn't want to tell Hyuna, not after the incident on her couch because she felt like it would only hurt Hyuna more to hear about Solar. Hyuna was about to speak up again, ready to scold Moonbyul when Moonbyul cut her off and pulled her out of the room into the corner where there was less people. 

Solar suddenly moved from her seat when she saw that Moonbyul pulled Hyuna away, curious as to why they disappeared. 

"Yong-sun shii! Don't move please!" the makeup stylist scolded Solar to which the girl apologized and sat back to her original position. 

-------------------------------------------

"Yah, why did you suddenly pull me out here?"

"I want to talk somewhere more private," Moonbyul said. Hyuna's buried her eyebrows in question to Moonbyul's statement.

"Byul-yi...we're in the middle of the hallway where people are running around. How is this any more private?" 

Hyuna was right.

"..," Moonbyul couldn't say anything and that's when Hyuna realized.

"You wanted to move away from Solar. You just wanted privacy from Solar-shi," Hyuna said in disbelief. Moonbyul could hear the sadness in her words and instantly felt guilty, they didn't say anything to each other for a moment until one of the Nine Muses member came to find Hyuna, telling her they were rehearsing. 

"I gotta go," Hyuna said, shaking her head and walked away until Moonbyul grabbed ahold of her wrist. 

"Unnie," Moonbyul called in desperate need of a hint of assurance from the girl. 

"We can talk about this later," was all Hyuna said and it broke Moonbyul's heart. For once, Hyuna was mad and Moonbyul felt it. The younger girl was right, after that night at Hyuna's dorm, things weren't the same anymore.

Moonbyul walked back to the dressing room with a heavy heart, she felt as if the world was punishing her again. Hyuna was mad at her and Solar's recent involvement with JB didn't make it any better. Moonbyul just wanted to go home but she couldn't do anything about that.

Once they arrived back to the dorm Moonbyul took a walk outside even with their manager's warning about how late it was to be alone so Solar volunteered to follow along. Moonbyul had no choice but to agree with the manager there but once the van drove away and Wheein and Hwasa went up to the dorm Moonbyul tells Solar. 

"You don't have to force yourself," she faces Solar who stared back in confusion "You don't have to force yourself to go with me, go rest," she repeated.

"I'm not forcing myself, I want to go," Solar bluntly says, not getting the message that Moonbyul wanted to be alone. Moonbyul sighs and shakes her head. 

"Unnie, please go back to the dorm, I'll be fine alone," Moonbyul says again, hopefully Solar goes back up. 

"If you don't want to walk with me then I'll walk behind you," Solar insisted. Moonbyul was honestly getting a little annoyed at Solar but decided to give up and started walking aimlessly. Solar knows that Moonbyul was getting annoyed at her and she found it a little enjoyable to tug at Moonbyul's feelings. She could sense something was up with Moonbyul through out the whole night because she could see it in Moonbyul's little actions and fidgets. After all, Solar's been stealing glances at the younger girl through the night. 

The walk was quiet since it was around 1am around their neighborhood, fortunately, everyone or everything was closed down or sleeping. Solar kept her distance from Moonbyul as she walked behind her. Moonbyul wanted fresh air but she was bothered by the fact that Solar was walking behind her in the dark. Moonbyul was a little scared that something dangerous might happen to the girl so she stopped walking in her tracks. She was annoyed at Solar but she wanted to feel that the girl was safe too. 

"Unnie...walk in front of me," Moonbyul says to Solar. 

"Why? I'm fine back here," 

"Just hurry up and walk in front of me," Moonbyul quickly moved herself behind Solar to start the walk again but Solar didn't move. "Unnie! Just walk," Moonbyul whined and Solar laughed a little and continued walking. Solar honestly doesn't know what she's doing right now. She felt the vibration of her phone in her pocket but she knew it was JB texting her so she unknowingly ignored it, more focused on the situation of her and Moonbyul. SHr just wanted to be around Moonbyul more. Maybe this is what it feels like to fall for someone? 

They kept walking aimlessly until Solar turns around to look at Moonbyul. 

"Want to go to the Han River?" Solar smiles. Moonbyul was caught off guard.

"What for? It's late," Moonbyul grumbled. 

"You're such a party pooper, just come on!" Solar reaches for Moonbyul's hand and called a taxi, delivering the girls to the famous  South Korean river. Not a single soul was found once they were there and it made the both of them feel at ease. They took a longer walk along side of the river with Moonbyul following Solar this time. She didn't know why Solar would drag her all the way out to the river when she was just going to take a small walk to think about what to do with Hyuna. 

Deep in her thoughts, Moonbyul hadn't notice that Solar was making her way towards Moonbyul until she saw two feet in front of her. She looks up to see Solar and somehow she held her breath again, taking in the view of the girl in front of her. Moonbyul was reminded once again why she fell in love with Solar in the first place. 

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Solar felt nervous but acted normal, trying to break off the little staring contest that they had. 

"Nothing," Moonbyul coldly looked away, into the river and the city view. Solar felt a little regretted that she ruined the little mood they developed but pulled her head out of the gutter. 

"So, what's wrong with you today?" Solar asked straight up, causing Moonbyul to be caught off guard again for the second time tonight. 

"...nothing, what are you talking about?" Moonbyul lies. Solar couldn't tell anymore. From the time apart that they had, Solar lost the many attributes in reading Moonbyul and she felt a little sting at her heart for realizing that. She couldn't tell if Moonbyul was lying at the moment. 

"I see. Nothing's wrong. Is that why you've been acting weird all night?" Solar went for it. 

"I haven't been acting anything but normal," Moonbyul kept her ground, she wasn't going to reveal anything to Solar, it would only raise more attention.

"Okay, I see. You're acting like you have love problems," Solar joked but saw how serious Moonbyul's face was and was a little scared that she might be correct. That Moonbyul was having love problems and it for sure wasn't Solar. 

"It's not love, it's not anything like that," Moonbyul blurted, referring to Hyuna. Seeing the face of confusion, uncertainty and sad expression from Moonbyul tugged at Solar's chest. Maybe she shouldn't have mention anything about love to Moonbyul because now Solar's afraid that Moonbyul actually has someone else on her mind that's not Solar. It wasn't fair. 

"I-if it's not love, then friend problems?" Solar continue the conversation even though she actually wants to drop it. 

"I hurt this friend and I just want to apologize. Tell this friend that I'm sorry but I can't," Moonbyul mumbles.

"Why not? An apology is never a bad thing," 

"It's complicated," Moonbyul continues to look down at the river, although Solar was getting more confused, she wanted to be there for Moonbyul like the way she was able to when she had the chance back then before they grew apart. 

"Even if it's complicated, you have to make sure to tell your friend that you are sorry, ask for forgiveness no matter what if you really care about your friendship. Maybe ask what you can do for them because friends don't give up on each other, just like how if you like someone you tell them your feelings no matter the consequences. It's all about being honest," Solar advises Moonbyul. "If not, it'll just eat you up Byul-ah,"

Moonbyul takes every word into consideration. Ironically, both of them knew that deep down, none of them were acting upon those words. Honesty is scary, especially if you want to be honest to the person that was standing right beside you at the moment. 

They began a little staring contest again and it was cut off when Moonbyul recieved a call from Hyuna. She takes out the phone and walked a couple of steps away from Solar. When Moonbyul came back she tells Solar that she has to go meet her friend, they take a taxi to drop Solar off at the dorm and Moonbyul immediately goes off to Hyuna's apartment. 

Solar came to the dorm and let out a big breath of regret and uncertainty. She was feeling good for being able to help Moonbyul but at the same time she felt as if she just dug her grave a little deeper. Moonbyul sends her text, saying that she was grateful for the talk they had, making Solar smile a little. 

---------------------------------------------------------

It turns out that Moonbyul didn't return to the dorm that night and their manager started storm calling Moonbyul's phone the next morning since none of them really knew where Moonbyul went off to, especially if they had a schedule about 3 hours from now but haven't gotten their make-up and hair done. 

In a certain room within a certain condo, the annoying sound of a vibrating phone kept banging on the night stand. Two bodies laid closely to each other beside in the bed.

Hyuna could hear the noise and opened one of her eye, avoiding the hit of sunlight to her conciousness. Realizing that it wasn't her phone, she turns around to face Moonbyul, sleeping with her ears covered with her hands. Hyuna chuckles at the adorable sight and reached for Moonbyul's hands, removing them from her ears. 

"Yah, if you were already awake, why didn't you pick up your phone?" Hyuna scolds. 

"Unnie, do you know what time we slept last night? 4am!" Moonbyul whines. She was a light sleeper, her body would wake up to any small noises that can be made and she hated that habit of hers. She usually doesn't catch enough sleep because of it and this morning wasn't any different from the phone vibration. 

"It's your manager-unnie...," Hyuna picks up the phone. Moonbyul remembers the schedule that was laid out for the rest of her day and bolted up from the bed, grabbing the phone and started apologizing to her manager-unnie, telling her that she would be at the dorm right away. Moonbyul quickly grabbed her jacket on the chair in Hyuna's bedroom and scanned for her wallet. 

"You're leaving really early today," Hyuna says, sitting up from the bed with her legs curled up and her chin resting on it, watching Moonbyul move around the room. 

"I'm sorry for waking you up unnie, comeback promotions calls," Moonbyul says as she grabs her wallet, heading towards the door. "Thank you for letting me stay over again and I'm really sorry about yesterday," she looks back at Hyuna on the bed. 

"It's okay, go to work!" Hyuna hurries Moonbyul out of the apartment. Once Moonbyul left, Hyuna stepped into the shower to get ready for her schedules as well. Under the steamed running water Hyuna had many thoughts in her mind. She still wasn't feeling okay that Moonbyul pulled that move during the music broadcast station and that Moonbyul procceeds to try to hide her feelings infront of Hyuna. She thought they were close enough but now she felt as if she was back to square one, she felt somewhat betrayed by Moonbyul with the way she acted in front of Solar with Hyuna. With Moonbyul hiding so much feelings again, Hyuna felt like she was being pushed away.

Hyuna left out a small pathetic snicker. She realized she was acting like a crazy jealous girlfriend and she knows that Moonbyul and her were not on that level. At all. 

She still had no right to. Hyuna's been asking for it since the beginning but she doesn't want to let Moonbyul go yet. 

-------------------------------------------------------

Moonbyul rushed back to the dorm and quickly showered while the girls bombarded her with questions and worries. Solar in particular was in included, she simply sat at the kitchen table, pretending to go on her phone like she didn't care about Moonbyul. 

Now it was Solar's turn to be jealous. 

In the shower, Moonbyul kept thinking about how cold Solar was acting. Then after thinking about Solar she went on thinking about how she made up with Hyuna but she still felt that little fear. The only thing that changed from their little make-up talk was apologies and nothing else. They had simply had a late night snack and enjoyed each other's presence. Hyuna decided to not ask anymore questions about Solar and Moonbyul didn't dare mention anything about Solar either and they strayed from being honest to each other that night. 

The exact opposite of what Solar had advised Moonbyul right before she left the girl at the dorm. At least Moonbyul was honest when she apologized for her actions, she was probably feeling too moody to think straight at the broadcasting station. 

When Moonbyul ended her shower and the girls quickly gathered into the van that their manager parked in front of the dorm, Moonbyul sat next to Solar since Wheein and Hwasa wanted to share the front seat of the van. Moonbyul noticed that Solar was completely facing the other way, out of the window, not even bothered to ask where Moonbyul was or why she wasn't home last night. 

These little salty thoughts were eating Moonbyul's curiousity but she kept her composure and turned away from Solar, also playing the silent game. 

"Unnie, where were you last night?" Hwasa turns around and was completely hit by a wave of unpleasant aura coming from the two unnies in the back seat. 

"At a friend's," Moonbyul says. Solar suddenly let out a small "tch", garnering both girls' attention. 

"What was that?" Moonbyul asks Solar who still kept her attention away from the two of them, she felt a little regret that she couldn't contain her negative mood at the moment and accidently reacted to Moonbyul's statement. She knows that something is up with Moonbyul and Hyuna.

"Nothing, I saw something weird," Solar lied, refering to her looking out the window. Hwasa and Moonbyul looked at each other with suspicion and went back to doing their own thing in the car. 

When they got out of the van, Moonbyul was proceeding to get out of the van first when Solar followed behind. Just as Solar stepped off from the van, her foot slipped and she began to stumble off of the van dangerously. 

Solar let out a small yelp and instinctively grabbed onto Moonbyul's sleeves for support. Moonbyul catches Solar a little late but still managed to keep her from completely falling onto the floor. Out of panic, Solar didn't realize she was trying to avoid Moonbyul but instead looked up and, like magnets, they locked eye contact. 

Solar didn't want to look away and Moonbyul felt something strange when she saw Solar's eyes. Almost after a few seconds Solar shredded their eye contact and quickly walked ahead of Moonbyul, feeling her heart beat was raising again. 

Moonbyul watched as Solar walked away and she couldn't help but think that something had changed with Solar. Something that Moonbyul found was similar to her own. Attraction. 

---------------------------------------

End! of this chapter lol
sorry it's a little late but here it is! better late than never! :D