Missed Chances

It's The Only Way

Solar walked back to the dorm with a heavy heart. After kissing JB, she was shocked by the sudden move but she was more concern about how she didn't feel her heart beat straying off the regular rythm. It wasn't the same feeling as when she kissed Moonbyul. 

"Byul-yi," Solar murmured the girls' name unexpectedly. She covered and stopped in her tracks. "Omo," she gasped. Her thoughts started running wild again once she thought of Moonbyul. Solar suddenly wanted to walk faster to get back to the dorm. To see Moonbyul. 

Maybe she really did need to talk to the girl about their kiss. She knows Moonbyul was drunk that night but her gut was telling her that it was better if she talked to her, maybe she'll get some answers. 

------------------------------------------------------

Moonbyul had already gotten home and sat at the living room couch. It was a good thing Hwasa hasn't arrived home yet so she was free to think in the living room while Wheein was relaxing in their bedroom. 

She felt bed that she left Hyuna like that but she needed to talk to Solar first before she figures out anything for herself. 

------Flashback--------

Hyuna was realizing that she had suddenly tackled Moonbyul. Feeling bad, Hyuna quickly drew their lips apart and looked down. 

"I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that...,"

"...," Moonbyul was speechless. Half of her brain was panicking about Solar and the other half felt shocked about their kiss. 

"I just don't want you to leave...yet," Hyuna said again. "I don't care if I get hurt, I can wait a bit longer if you want," 

Moonbyul snapped out of her thoughts and laid her eyes on the poor girl in front of her. Moonbyul reached for Hyuna's hands and made her face Moonbyul. 

"Unnie...," Moonbyul started but suddenly something came to her mind. "There's something I gotta take care of first. I'll talk to you about this later," Moonbyul grabbed her stuff and headed to the door. 

"Byul-...," Hyuna called.

"I promise!" Moonbyul assured the girl and closed the door to the apartment. Hyuna felt empty again as she sat there, unmoving from where she was.

"...What am I doing...," Hyuna thought to herself. 

----------------------------------------------

"ah ," Moonbyul rested her head onto the back of the sofa in defeat. What was she thinking to kiss Solar like that the other night. "You must be crazy Moon Byul-yi," Moonbyul mumbled to herself. 

Moonbyul knew she was in deep to realize that she forced herself onto Solar, kissing her like that. Solar must've felt so awkward with her, no wonder she was avoiding Moonbyul the whole day. Why didn't she want to talk to Moonbyul about it? Was Solar hating on Moonbyul that much? 

All Moonbyul could think about was making things right with Solar again. 

The door to the apartment opened and Moonbyul felt really nervous all the sudden as she watches Solar walk into the room.

When Solar met eyes with Moonbyul sitting on the couch, she froze a little. Why was Moonbyul sitting there? Solar thought. After a moment, Solar proceeded to act normal and closed the front door, heading towards the bathroom. 

"Unnie," Moonbyul gathered her courage and called to Solar. Solar stopped in her tracks. She wanted to talk to Moonbyul but not this early...she wasn't prepared yet. Solar nervously turned around to look at the younger girl. 

"Can I...talk to you for a second?" 

"Yea, sure," Solar tried her hardest to act normal but the closer Moonbyul approached her, the faster Solar's heart beat was running. 

"I remembered," Moonbyul started. Right when Moonbyul said it Solar held her breath. "I'm really sorry," Moonbyul bowed her head down to Solar who was surprised at the situation.

"Omo, why are you bowing?!" Solar ushered for Moonbyul to stand up straight again. 

"Because...you know. Last night, I forced myself onto you, why didn't you tell me sooner?!" Moonbyul whined, feeling really bad. 

"Well...," Solar let out a disbelief laugh. She wasn't sure how she would approach the topic to Moonbyul anyways. 

"You don't really have to say anything, I understand why you wouldn't want to talk to me. I get that you avoided me too but I just want to apologize. I was drunk and it meant nothing!" Moonbyul tries to clear herself with more lies. 

However, right when Moonbyul said the words "it meant nothing" Solar's heart shrunk. Solar felt sad for some reason and it was getting harder for her to look at Moonbyul right now. 

"Wha-," Solar gaped open . 

"I hope we can be back to normal, I was drunk and I didn't do it intentionally. Will you forgive me?" Moonbyul asked.

"No," was what Solar thought in her mind. She didn't want to forgive Moonbyul at all. She suddenly felt her anger rising at Moonbyul's apology, every word coming out from Moonbyul, Solar just wanted to throw them back at the younger girl's face. "It's no big deal, you were drunk so I can't really take it seriously," Solar gave Moonbyul her most genuine fake laugh and headed towards the bathroom to get away from Moonbyul. 

Once Solar was gone, Moonbyul let out a sigh of relief. Moonbyul thought she did a good job and everything would be okay now. Is it?

Solar closed the door to the bathroom and stood there in silence. In her head, Solar wanted to throw everything onto the floor and scream. Instead she just simply messed up her hair even more and she didn't care if she was on her way to becoming bald. 

"UGH," she grunted. Why was she becoming so mad? She talked to Moonbyul right? She got her answers right? But why was she so mad? 

Little did they both know, the only things Moonbyul remembered was up to when Moonbyul kissed Solar and pulled apart. Moonbyul hasn't remembered that Solar kissed her back therefore she wasn't going to question Solar about any of her actions. Hence, she missed her chance to move forward from where she stood with Solar. 

She was back to square zero while Solar was moving onto to square one of catching feelings. 

Solar did not catch one minute of sleep. She was too pissed off to try to sleep that night while Moonbyul snored peacefully in her bed. 

---------------------------------------------

The next few days was hard for Solar, they had comeback recordings, performances, photoshoots and the only thing on her mind was Moonbyul. Solar began to play the staring game. She occasionally stared at Moonbyul during the day no matter what the other girl was doing. She found it worth while to watch Moonbyul. 

Solar was happy at the most part because she had noticed that with the promotions going on, all four girls were together more and that meant spending more time with Moonbyul along with the fact that she had been staying at the dorm every night instead of going out. When Moonbyul would spend even a little time to talking to Hyuna on the phone, Solar got ticked off to herself and became moody for the rest of the day or night. 

Wheein noticed these little changes. It was always her. 

Moonbyul had a proper talk with Hyuna with the both of them apologizing to each other about that day. Moonbyul and Hyuna became normal again, just like how they use to act because Hyuna realized that rather than trying to move a step forward with Moonbyul, she was going to endure whatever they currently are because she would rather have Moonbyul by her side instead of not having her at all. 

----------------------------------------------

It was one night that Solar overheard Moonbyul's conversation with Hyuna. She had wanted to ask Wheein something and assumed that the girl was in her room when she only found Moonbyul on her side of the bunk bed. Solar was going to call out to Moonbyul when she heard giggles. 

"Araso unnie, I'm sorry we haven't been able to meet. I promise I'll come for you so stop being so whiny," Moonbyul chuckled. 

Solar could tell it was Hyuna's voice over the phone. 

"I'll wait for you. It's just kind of lonely on the other side of my bed," Hyuna flirted. 

"Woah, quit the flirting, it's geting you no where unnie," Moonbyul rejected Hyuna, acting playful as usual. "Okay, okay, have a good night. Don't miss me too much," Moonbyul joked and hung up the phone. Solar was suddenly deep in her thoughts that she hadn't noticed that Moonbyul got up from her bed, a little surprised to find Solar standing still in the middle of the room. 

"Omo, unnie," Moonbyul said, snapping Solar out of her thought. "When were you there?" Moonbyul asked, a little scared that Solar might've heard her phone call. 

"O-oh, I just got here," Solar unknowingly lied. 

"Did you need something?" 

"N-no, not anymore," Solar left quickly and went to the kitchen table to sit down. Her heart beat was rising again and she felt a strong dislike to the phone call she overheard. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Was she feeling jealous?

"What are you doing Yongsun...," Solar mumbled to herself then a text came for her from across the room. It was JB, they haven't talked about what happened that day because Solar was too caught up with her feelings and Moonbyul. Guilt swallowed her and she was feeling more and more stressed out. JB was asking to meet up and Solar definitely didn't feel like talking to anyone about any feelings right now. 

"JB?" Moonbyul's voice called to her from the back, Solar retreated the screen of her phone to her chest and looked at Moonbyul who walked to the kitchen. Solar didn't say anything, she just watched Moonbyul grab an apple from the kitchen and bite into it. She found the image in front of her charming but then the thought of Hyuna and Moonbyul made Solar snap back into reality. 

Solar decided. She grabbed for her wallet and left for the door. 

"Wha- you just gonna ignore me like that?!" Moonbyul called to the front foor. 

"I'll be out," Solar bluntly and shortly replied Moonbyul. At the same time, Solar wanted to stay home with Moonbyul but because she could just stay home with Moonbyul all day is why she left. Her chest felt stuffy and she needed to get away from the dorm, she didn't like these confusing thoughts in her mind and she felt somewhat scared also. 

--------------------------------

Her steps became heavier as she approached the familiar studio from last time. JB was already waiting for Solar, rehearsing and mumbling some words to himself that he planned for the older girl. 

Solar nervously opened the door and felt bad seeing JB smilling for her again, maybe she should really stop seeing him.

"Jaebum-shi," Solar suddenly used his real name. JB could tell Solar was about to break some news that he wouldn't like. 

"Noona, before you say anything," JB cut her off again. "Please hear me out," 

Solar was speechless, she was ready to reject the poor boy but somehow the younger boy lured her in again. He lead her to sit down on the couch for a proper talk. 

"No matter what the situation is...I'm sorry for my actions for the other time. Also...I understand if you don't want to be with me right now," he said. Solar's nervousness died down and she was a little glad that he was leading the departure first. "I just want to say...I'll wait for you though," 

"No!!!!" Solar desprately cried to herself, JB just made this ten times harder for Solar. 

"Jaebum-shi-,"

"It's not like you have anyone else that you like right?" JB asked suddenly. The only thing that popped up into Solar's head was Moonbyul which she reacted with wide-eyes in surprise. JB saw her expression and his face got dark. 

"You do don't you...," JB sadly stated.

"W-what, no I don't!" Solar defended as if she had something to hide. "Then why...am I not good enough?" JB was starting to sound depressed. 

"It's not that...," Solar didn't exactly know how to explain to him what was going on, even Solar didn't know what was going on. 

"It's alright, I understand. I hope you and that person can be happy together," JB smiled, after all, he really just wanted what was best for her. "Thank you for coming here to see me," he stood up to lead her out of the door when Solar suddenly grabbed the sleeve to his shirt. 

"Wait," she said. Solar stood up quickly and threw herself into JB's chest, embracing him from the front. The boy was too shock to react, it seemed as if she was only rejecting him earlier. He enjoyed the hug but was confused so he took her by the shoulder and pushed Solar back a bit, breaking them apart. 

"At least let me try," Solar suddenly said. 

"E-excuse me?" 

"You're a great guy and it would be nice if I can at least take my time to officially date you," Solar delivered the lies so perfectly that she wanted to bite her tongue till it bled. 

"You're not joking with me right? What about that other guy?" 

"There's none! You were assuming, I'm just not sure what I want but we've been spending a lot of time together and I do think you're charming. Shall we give it a shot?" Solar offered. JB was happy yet hesitant at the same time. 

"U-um," he murmured. 

"It's okay if you don't want to, I'd rather not hurt you in the end," Solar let go of JB, maybe she was acting too recklessly. When she was about to walk away JB took ahold of her wrist and spun her around again. 

"It's okay, I don't mind if I'm hurt later, as long as I'm with you," JB smiled and pulled Solar into a hug. JB knew he was going into this blind but for now he just wanted to be by Solar's side and it didn't matter if she had another guy on the side. JB was determined to win all of her heart if she chose to be with him at the moment. He was just like Hyuna except more blind than she was. 

Solar closed her eyes and all she felt was guilt and as if she had suddenly and already became the antagonist in this drama. 

---------------------------------------

The reason why Solar suddenly changed her mind was the moment JB asked if she had someone else she liked. When Moonbyul popped up into Solar's head she wasn't denying it anymore. Solar was actually just more scared because she was stuck between having a nice guy offer her his everything or her offering her everything for Moonbyul and she knew at that moment.

Solar was falling for Moonbyul. 

Solar became scared, confused, jealous, caged and worse, evil. She thinks the only conclusion as of right now was to date JB, so that these feelings would either go away or proved to be more clear that she didnt't develop such feelings towards Moonbyul. It wasn't right to develop feelings for the same gender, not in the society she was living in. 

Recklessly, Solar embraced JB because she needed something to convince her that she was going to be okay with Moonbyul walking away with someone else. Hyuna. 

At that moment, Solar's tears escaped from her eyes and she didn't know why. She didn't want answers anymore. She wanted to run away. 

----------------------------------------

At that same moment, Moonbyul was watching movies with Wheein who came back from grocery shopping in the living room when they suddenly heard something loud, scaring them.

"OMO, IS THAT A GHOST?!" Wheein yelped. 

"Don't stay that!" Moonbyul.

"Is it the Hyejin-ghost!? Did she follow us?!" Wheein added.

"I said to stop that!" Moonbyul slapped Wheein's shoulders. She stood up to walk into her room and saw a picture frame that dropped onto the floor. 

"Aigoo, that scared me, it was only your picture," Wheein laughed and walked back to the couch. Moonbyul picked up the picture frame that use to sit on her desk and saw that it was a picture of her and Solar, smiling as they took a selfie. She felt a little sad that the glass had cracked a bit and touched it to feel how bad the damage was. 

Right when Moonbyul touched the picture, a feeling of regret and ominous crawled over her. She felt uncomfortable.

"What are you doing unnie? You're missing the movie!" Wheein called to Moonbyul which snapped her out of her thoughts. Moonbyul brushed off the negative feeling and placed the picture frame back onto the desk, thinking that she'll just replace the frame later. 

When your guts or six sense is telling you something, please listen to it because most of the time, it's right and Moonbyul obviously ignored it. The consequences were already lined up for the rapper. 

-----------------

I'm so sorry everyone! Right when I posted my last chapter I found out that I had a crap load of major essays to start on and finish and school kicked my lol