Surprise.

It's The Only Way

It was Hyuna that Moonbyul has taken a sudden liking to be around. They met through a music show where all the girls from Nine Muses and Mamamoo befriended each other. Although Moonbyul paid no mind to getting close to the girls, she coincidentally met Hyuna again when she followed her friend to a noraebang session with other friends. 

That same night where Moonbyul met up with Hyuna at the noraebang, everyone but Hyuna drank a little too much. Moonbyul was the closest to sober compare to everyone else who was passed out. At her non-sober state, Moonbyul hasn't realize she was sitting next to Hyuna and using her shoulders to rest. Considering the fact that they weren't on that level of friendship yet, Hyuna didn't feel the need to brush her off either. 

"Aigoo, how am I going to get everyone out of here?" Hyuna talked to herself in a room full of passed out drunks. 

"Hehehe, I know!" Moonbyul exclaimed drunkly while flimsingly pointing her hand in the air. "With my super strenght~...I can gather 10 of them!" she giggled.

Hyuna looked at Moonbyul on her shoulder and chuckled at the sight. "How are you gonna carry all 10 of them?" 

"5 on my left...5 on my right," she said while patting her left and right shoulders intensely. 

"You...know how small you are right? Compare to some guys in the room," Hyuna countered. Moonbyul looked at herself and pouted.

"You don't believe me?! I pick you up!" Moonbyul charged for Hyuna's waist in which the girl yelped and scooted back, avoiding Moonbyul's attack. 

"What for!?" she held onto her body defensively. 

"Aigoo, why do you look like that? I'm not trying to harm you! I'm strong! I can prove it!" Moonbyul scooted closer.

"It's okay! I believe you're strong!" Hyuna lied in avoiding any dangerous acts from the drunk girl. Moonbyul pouted buried her eyebrows.

"Fine," Moonbyul threw her hands to the side with a frown and dropped her head down, sad. Hyuna found the tantrum a little cute.

"Moonbyul-shi?" Hyuna scooted closer and lowered her head to see the girl's face. "Moonbyul-shi?" she said again. 

Out of nowhere, Moonbyul charged for the girls' waist and picked her up by the shoulders. Hyuna started yelping and hitting Moonbyul's back lightly.

"Yah! Put me down!" 

"What?? Spin you? Ok!" Moonbyul started to spin around the room with the frantic girl on her shoulder while laughing. Then Hyuna had an idea. She started to tickle the back of Moonbyul's neck, causing her to suddenly stop spinning and fell onto the couch.

"Ow," Hyuna said loudly and realized it was a little awkward. Moonbyul was on top of the girl, rubbing her neck from the tickle earlier. 

"Aish, I hate that," Moonbyul mumbled and then looked at Hyuna who was nervously laying below her. Moonbyul leaned her face in close to Hyuna. "I hate chu," the drunk girl mumbled.

Hyuna started at Moonbyul for a while, not knowing what to say except to realize that Moonbyul had a pretty cute face, the way she acts in her drunken state was quite interesting to Hyuna too. Suddenly Moonbyul collapse onto Hyuna's chest lifelessly which gave Hyuna quite a jump until she heard a snore coming from Moonbyul.

"Aigoo, for a second I thought something dangerous was actually going to happen," Hyuna let out a deep breath of relief. She paused for a moment and started to laugh at the situation she was in. The first time hanging out with someone and Hyuna had already been thrown around on Moonbyul's shoulders, tickled her and was stated to be "hated by Moonbyul and now she has someone sleeping on her. 

Hyuna tried to move the girl off but it seemed like she didn't have enough strength for it. She tried again and only failed because Moonbyul fell on her in a really difficult situation for Hyuna to get out of. One last push and she managed to push Moonbyul off in the opposite direction to only result in Moonbyul rolling off the couch and falling onto the floor. 

"Oh crap-" Hyuna tried to reach for the falling girl but failed. She checked up on Moonbyul and it seemed like she was dead asleep still. "How can she still be asleep like that?" Hyuna pondered. She stood up and realized that she needed to devise a plan on how to get everyone out and home safely. It was 3am and she didn't care about going through all of the drunken people's phones in order to call their friends or family to come pick them up. 

Out of luck, almost everyone's phone had no passwords or lockscreen, for the people who did have passwords on their phone, Hyuna knew their address so she had a taxi took them home. When Hyuna came back into the karaoke room, only Moonbyul was left. She approached the lifelessly girl and shuffle around in order to find her hand phone. 

Unfortunately for her, Moonbyul's phone had a password and she didn't know where the girl's dorm was since the only words she shared with Moonbyul was "hello" backstage at work. It was a little cute that Moonbyul's lockscreen was Solar and her.

"They must be close," she mumbled. Hyuna realized she was getting side tracked and proceeded to figure out how she was going to get Moonbyul home. After a few moments Hyuna gave the sleeping girl's phone back and concluded. "I guess you're coming with me," 

Hyuna proceeded to lift Moonbyul from the floor and helped her get outside. Stopping in her tracks, Hyuna realized what they were doing was risky. She grabbed a hat from her own bag since she always carried one around in case of paparazzis to hide her face. She put it onto Moonbyul to hide her face and grabbed a taxi, she didn't mind getting her pictures taken. 

Once they arrived at the apartment complex, Hyuna took a while and many struggles to finally have Moonbyul in front of the door. She tried to open the door and dragged Moonbyul to the couch, carefully laying her down. Once Hyuna let go of Moonbyul to go close the front door, she suddenly felt her sleeve being dragged. She looked back at Moonbyul who seemed to have stopped her.

"Don't go..." Moonbyul mumbled. 

"I'm closing the front door," Hyuna said. 

"Yongsun. Don't go," Moonbyul mumbled again. Hyuna realized that the girl was sleeping talking and proceeded to put Moonbyul's hand back onto the couch and went to close the front door. She hurried to her bedroom for a blanket and the bathroom for a towel damped in hot water. 

She ran back to Moonbyul and took off her shoes for her and started to wipe her sweat off from her forehead. She didn't know what else she could do for the girl but let her sleep so she laid the blanket on Moonbyul. 

Once the sober girl laid the blanket on Moonbyul she sat her bottoms down on the floor and let out a sigh of relief. 

"That was a workout," Hyuna mumbled to herself. She looked at the peaceful sleeping Moonbyul and was amused at how Moonbyul was rowdy and loud just about an hour ago compared to now. Without realizing, a smile curved on Hyuna. She thought this girl was too interesting, maybe they'll be good friends.

-----------------------------------------------

Hyuna sat there with her drink and started giggling.

"What are you laughing about all of the sudden?" Moonbyul said, looking up from her drink. 

"Not telling you," Hyuna stuck her tongue out. 

"You brat," Moonbyul said. 

"Yah, I'm like 5 years older than you, how dare you call me that," Hyuna gave her the stern unnie eyes.

"Sorry unnie~" Moonbyul revealed her aegyo.

"Ew, nevermind it sounds weird now, don't call me that," Hyuna said as Moonbyul laughed.

Ever since that night Moonbyul woke up feeling extremely embarrassed and sorry for causing such a disturbance to Hyuna. Hyuna only thought it was cute and told Moonbyul that if she felt really sorry then the girl would treat Hyuna out for a lunch, to get to know each other better. After the lunch were more lunch dates and eventually they hung out almost every other day and texted each other every night if they couldn't see each other due to schedule conflicts. They talked about little things and laughed about every other things. 

During their talks, something just came up on Hyuna's mind. "Ah, Moonie-ah,"

That was Hyuna's little nickname for Moonbyul.

"Hm?"

"I've been wanting to ask you this but...who's Yongsun?" Hyuna asked, Moonbyul was a little surpised. 

"That's...Solar's real name, Kim Yong-sun, why?" Moonbyul answered. Hyuna was taken aback, it wasn't a guy? She assumed that if Moonbyul would call someone's name like that in her sleep then it would be an ex-lover or something like that. 

"Oh, nothing," Hyuna lied again. Moonbyul could see through it.

"Lies, tell me," Moonbyul said straight up. 

"You called her name that night you were drunk on my couch," Hyuna said. Moonbyul started to get flustered, she couldn't believe Hyuna waited until now to tell her. She didn't know what to say. Hyuna could see that Moonbyul blushed a little and fidgeted around. 

"Why are you acting like that?" Hyuna asked. 

"Acting like what?" Moonbyul said quickly while avoiding eye contact with the girl in front.

"You're being so obvious, is something up with you two?" Hyuna rested her chin on her hand, playing around with the straw in her drink.

"Nothing, why would you say that?"

"Because...you called a girl's name in the middle of your sleep. I've seen enough k-drama to know that it means something," Hyuna interrogated.

Moonbyul was quiet, she was trying to put words together that could save her right now. 

"We probably got into a fight that night," Moonbyul made up the excuse. Hyuna was taken aback, half of her was believing Moonbyul but the otherhlf knew something was up. At the same time she thought that if Moonbyul was really trying to avoid this conversation then Hyuna was going to leave it as it is. She was going to figure it out by herself. 

"Ok, if you say so," Hyuna gave up. Moonbyul was surprised at how easy Hyuna gave up and let out a little sigh of relief, she needed to be more careful. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

After a couple days, their label was finally releasing information about their new album to the media and that means Mamamoo needed to start practicing a little more to clean up anything that can be improved for their performance so that they can maybe increase their popularity for this comeback. 

The girls were stuck at the dance studio more often in the upcoming days and Moonbyul would arrive home so tired that she would knock out instantly, forgetting to text Hyuna back. From the absence of Hyuna, Moonbyul felt a little different, a couple days of not talking to Hyuna made her felt as if she was missing something. Moonbyul was confused, she didn't know what this feeling was. 

Was the efforts she put in working? Was she moving on a little bit?

At the same time Hyuna felt almost the same feelings as Moonbyul, she didn't like that she haven't been receiving many texts from Moonbyul.  She wasn't sure what she was feeling also. 

After awhile, some of the nine muses members went out for the night to eat and Hyuna came along. Strangely, they ate near Mamamoo's dorm without realizing and when Hyuna went to pay for her meal she saw a familiar figure across the street at the convenient store through the glass window. It was Moonbyul. 

She was about to call out to Moonbyul but a girl came out of the store a few seconds after Moonbyul, it was Solar. They seemed to be debating seriously about something. Hyuna could see that Moonbyul was trying to pull Solar back so that she sits at the bench in front of the store. 

-----Across the Street at the Same Time---------

"Yong-sun, sit down," Moonbyul grabbed Solar's arm.

"I said I'm fine, why did you have to follow me? I'm only getting a little bandage," Solar said, being stubborn. She had fell during their dance practice and sprained her ankle.

"Because you're injured," Moonbyul replied sternly while thinking "And the other two idiots made me go,"

"I'm fine, I'll treat it at home," Solar looked at Moonbyul intensely while trying to argue.

"Sit down," Moonbyul commanded with changing her tone in a way that made Solar gave up, Solar limped to the bench with Moonbyul's help and sat down. "Give me that," Moonbyul laid her hand out, indicating Solar to give her the pack of bandage. Solar gave the box to her and Moonbyul kneeled down on the floor which surprised Solar.

"Yah, you don't have to do it for me!" Solar tried to stop Moonbyul.

"Sit still, and if you try to do anything then I'll break the other ankle too," Moonbyul threatened her and Solar stayed quiet while Moonbyul proceeded to wrap her ankles a couple times tightly. Moonbyul wanted to avoid Solar at all cost but it's pretty messed up if she ignored an injured member. 

"There, that wasn't so hard, why do you have to be so difficult to deal with," Moonbyul mumbled. 

"Because I love you?" Solar joked, little did she know, Moonbyul didn't take that as a joke and was shocked to hear it. She looked up at Solar with stern but longing eyes. Solar was frozen too, confused as to why Moonbyul would react in such a way. After a couple minutes of silence Moonbyul cleared and stood up quickly while walking away, leaving Solar behind.

"Oh, yah! You're just gonna leave me like this?!" Solar yelled and attempted to limp her way back, catching up to Moonbyul.

----------------------------------------------

Hyuna had just witnessed a very confusing moment. She saw what was in Moonbyul's eyes when she looked at Solar. She's seen those eyes before and she knew exactly what those eyes meant, she has figured Moonbyul out. And for some reason, she felt stuffy. 

"Excuse me ma'am? Your change?" the cash register interrupted Hyuna's thoughts.

"Oh, thank you," she said quietly and turned around to go back to the girls with a heavy heart. 

She didn't want to guess it only, she wanted to confirm things. 

-----------------------------------------------

Finally, Mamamoo was able to have a break from the studio for a couple days. Hwasa decided to meet up with her friends, Solar went out to meet up with JB while Wheein and Moonbyul ended up staying home, uninterested in going outside. The only reason why Moonbyul stayed home was because Hyuna declared she was coming over to hang out since she's never been inside the dorm before. This caught Moonbyul by surprise.

When the doorbell rang Wheein poked her head out from the bedroom to Moonbyul who was walking towards the door. 

"Huh? We have a guest?" Wheein said to Moonbyul.

"Sorry, I didn't tell you, It's Hyuna-shi," Moonbyul stated to Wheein and opened the door to Hyuna who was waiting eagerly, she had a mission for coming to the dorm today and Moonbyul wasn't aware. 

"Hello, It's been awhile Wheein-shi," Hyuna greeted Wheein who came out to hug Hyuna. 

"Hello to you too! I haven't seen you and the girls in so long," Wheein greeted back. "Send my regards to the rest of Nine Muses!" she cheerfully said to which Hyuna smiled and nodded.

"Sure will!" Hyuna said and then proceeded to dig into her backpack. "I bought homemade korean dishes if you guys want to eat," 

"Awh, I just ate so I'll leave you two alone, I gotta get ready to meet up Hwasa, she just contacted me," Wheein said and left to her bedroom. Moonbyul lead Hyuna to the kitchen and they set things up to eat lunch together. Once everything was heated they sat down from the opposite of each other. 

"You cook? I didn't know," Moonbyul commented while eating the foods from the container. 

"I didn't, my mom stopped by yesterday and gave us food, I just stole some," Hyuna confessed, making Moonbyul look up from her food in disbelief. 

"You said they were homemade," Moonbyul pointed out. 

"I just said they were homemade, I didn't say from where," Hyuna talked back, making her point. Moonbyul just stared at her friend in disbelief. 

"I haven't seen you in awhile and you're still so sly," Moonbyul commented while feeding Hyuna forcefully. After they ate Moonbyul took initiative to wash the dishes while Hyuna sat at the dinner table, drinking her water. From the corners of her eyes Hyuna could see that Wheein was heading to the bathroom. 

"I'm showering," Wheein announced and Moonbyul just let out a grunt to signal that she heard her. Hyuna took this chance to approach Moonbyul. She made her way to Moonbyul and just in time, Moonbyul finished the dishes and was turning around to dry her hands when she was surprised to see Hyuna standing so close to her.

"OI," Moonbyul yelped. "You scared me,"

"Byul-ah, do you like anyone right now?" Hyuna went straight to the point. Moonbyul was confused to hear this suddenly. 

"Um...," The younger girl let out, not sure how to answer this. She technically still has feelings for Solar that she's been trying to ignore for the past months but not sure if she should be saying anything. 

"Do you?" Hyuna leaned closer to Moonbyul who took a step back and arched her back backwards, trying to avoid her face being any closer to Hyuna. 

"Why do you ask?"

"Just answer me," Hyuna demanded. Moonbyul was quiet for a bit while trying to collect her thoughts, wondering what could have brought Hyuna's strange behaviors. 

"No?" Moonbyul answered, lying again because she didn't want Hyuna to ask any questions. 

"Lies" Hyuna thought. "Then...," she continued.

"Then?" Moonbyul said.

"Will you go out with me?" Hyuna confessed. Moonbyul's eyes widened to the question. 

At the same time, Wheein stopped her tracks in the hallway when she heard the words coming from Hyuna. She had almost the same reaction to Moonbyul. 

-------------------------------------------------------

(To Be Continued!)