Acceptance isn't Easy

It's The Only Way

Solar traces her eyes, which are red by now due to her cries, back and forth from her phone. She was debating whether or not she was going to text Moonbyul. Her heart was telling her she needed Moonbyul at the moment but at the same time her head was telling her not to. 

She groans in frustration and kicks her phone to the side, causing the phone to slide across their rehearsal room. Then begins to cry harder at the thought of Moonbyul. 

"What am I going to do...," Solar whispers to herself. Her heart was beating irregular faster than she had ever recalled, it was faster than when she was auditioning for Rainbow Ent. or when she had her first kiss with a boy she could barely remember in high school. 

A million thoughts ran through her head

What was she going to do with Moonbyul? How will she face Moonbyul? What if she was currently pushing Moonbyul away right now? How will she deal with JB? Is she herself becoming a person she didn't like? Is she basically a monster for she has done to Moonbyul and JB? What exactly does she want from Moonbyul? Are these feelings...okay? Who is she if she didn't knew who she was before these feelings? 

"Unnie," the familiar voice halted Solar dead in her thoughts. She froze. She didn't have to look up to see whose voice it was, Solar knew exactly who's voice it was but she couldn't bring herself to look up at the girl. 

Moonbyul could sense that Solar was in no position to face her right now. The younger girl continues to get on her knees to Solar's height to see her face. She could sense Solar's fears, worries, guilt, and confusion, her stomach twisted once she saw Solar's ruined makeup and swollen eyes and somehow, Solar's pain was Monbyul's pain as well. 

"Yah...," Moonbyul calls out to Solar, reach for her face slowly to wipe her tears away. Once Solar could sense Moonbyul's touch she flinched due to the automatic goosebumbs that developed through out her body. "Look at you, you look so ugly right now from all that crying," Moonbyul tries to joke but Solar wasn't responding how she regularly does. 

"Don't," Solar mumbles. 

"Hmm? Don't what?" Moonbyul asks while still wiping Solar's tears away. 

"Don't be so nice to me," Solar repeats louder and proceeds to push away Moonbyul's arm. 

"Hey, being mean isn't going to resolve anything," Moonbyul scolds her. They sat in silence in front of each other for a few minutes before Solar noticed that Moonbyul was bleeding from her ankle. Solar points at Moonbyul's ankle and asks. 

"W-what happened?" 

Moonbyul was confused and looks at her ankle which was slightly shown in between her shoes and her folded cropped pants. 

"Oh! I fell in front of the building trying to find you," Moonbyul laughs it off. Solar stares into Moonbyul's eyes for a few seconds before tears started to unexpectedly stream down her face again. "W-why are you crying?!" she started to panic. Solar ignored Moonbyul's questions and continues to cry even harder which puts Moonbyul in a tough position. All the younger girl could do was watch her cry. 

"Unnie...are you done?" Moonbyul speaks up once the room become quiet again. Solar glares at Moobyul and proceeds to hit her in the arm. "OW!" the younger girl reacts but notices that Solar never let go of her sleeves after her punch. She looks at the older girl and sees that she had her head down, her fallen hair covering her face. "Yongsun-ssi? You want to tell me what's going through your head-," before Moonbyul could answer Solar intrrupts her. 

"I think," Solar spoke loud enough to stop Moonbyul's words and stops for a few seconds, intensifying the situation. 

"You think?"Moonbyul repeats. A few minutes went pass and Solar couldn't bring herself to continue her confession, Moonbyul could see it and proceeds to think of a way to help. 

"Unnie, I think so too," Moonbyul replies. "I think that I lo-," before Moonbyul could finish Solar abruptly pushes the younger girl to the ground and bolts towards the door. "W-WAIT?! UNNIE?!" Moonbyul shouts shockingly. She collects herself and runs after Solar. "WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!" she calls but Solar continues to run. 

"I can't do this after all!!" Solar thinks to herself as she was heading towards the exit of the building. 

"THERE ARE THINGS I HAVE TO SAY!" Moonbyul shouts. Thankfully, Moonbyul was more active than Solar and managed to catch up to the older girl. A few feet away from the exit, Moonbyul activates her fight or flight mode in her brain and pushes all of her leg muscles to jump towards Solar, pushing them both onto the ground. 

"AISH, YOU ARE SO STUBBORN AND STUPID AND IGNORANT AND SELFISH!" Moonbyul yells at Solar. 

"WELL YOU'RE SO HARD-HEADED AND SELFISH AND RIDICULOUS AND YOU CAN'T READ IN BETWEEN THE LINES SOMETIMES AND YOU ALWAYS MAKE THINGS HARD FOR ME!" Solar shouts back. 

"NO YOU'RE MORE STUBBORN!"

"NO!  YOU'RE STUPID AND STUBBORN!"

"WELL THEN IF YOU'RE NOT STUBBORN THEN WHY CAN'T YOU ADMIT YOUR FEELINGS FOR ME?!" Moonbyul fires back. Solar becomes quiet and starts to cry silently agian. Moonbyul softens her stance and gets off from her hovering position over Solar. 

"Because I don't deserve you, I hurt you and I'm still hurting you and it just ," Solar hiccups in between her words.Moonbyul slowly grabs ahold of Solar's hands in the most delicate way to assure the girl that everything was okay. 

"Hey, whatever you're feeling, let me know," Moonbyul's words were soft as if she was taking care of a child. "I want to know what's going on inside your head," 

"E-even I don't know what's going on inside my head," Solar whispers. "It just hurts... alot," 

"Then...let me help you," Moonbyul reaches over to trace Solar's hair and tucks them behind her ear slowly. Solar finally meets Moonbyul's eyes and she felt like she was stuck for an eternity. Moonbyul and Solar were no longer in control of their body, it felt as if gravity was pulling them closer together and there was no stopping. Finally their lips touch gently against each other and electricity ran through their body, shocking the both of them. However neither one of them wanted to let go. 

Their kiss turned deep and they slowly held eachother closer. When they both felt that they no longer had air, they let go and looked into each other's eyes. 

"Let me help you share this pain and figure yourself out, this will help me figure myself out as well." Moonbyul continues. 

"But I don't want to bring you pain and sadness," Solar rests her head onto Moonbyul's shoulder, still intertwining their fingers together. 

"I want to, I want to take on your pain, help you with questions that leads to confusion, fight your fears, and protect you from them," Moonbyul says softly. "I need you to trust me," Moonbyul lifts Solar's head up from her shoulder to make sure they were looking into each other's eyes before asking her the question. 

"Can you trust me?" 

Solar stays quiet for another second before Moonbyul makes it easier for her to reply. "If you can...kiss me one more time," 

Moonbyul closes her eyes, waiting for a few more seconds before she could feel Solar's lips gently pressing onto hers one more time. They let go of each other before Moonbyul starts to stand up. 

"C'mon, let's wash up, you look terrible," Moonbyul pulls Solar up from their position. "We gotta get out of here soon, the cafeteria lady comes in at 5am, she'll catch us" Moonbyul chuckles and they walk out of the building, heading home hand in hand. "By the way...you cry too much unnie," Moonbyul comments. 

Solar glares at Moonbyul and hits her shoulder.

"Ow, what's that for?"

"I cry when I'm sad, what's wrong with that?!" Solar whines and stares at Moonbyul smiling at her remark."...you don't cry enough," Solar points out. 

"It's a waste for me to cry...there are people out there who are suffering more than me," Moonbyu honestly answers. Solar tightens her grip on Moonbyul's intertwined fingers. 

"You too, don't hold it in too much," Solar mumbles. 

"I'll work harder on it," Moonbyul comments. Just like the moon and the sun, Moonbyul and Solar were balanced opposites that reflected each other's weaknesses and strenghts, and they were finally accepting it. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Morning came and Wheein walks into their living room to find Moonbyul and Solar cuddling together on their couch, holding each other closer than before. Wheein lets out a sigh of relief and heads towards them to fix their blanket which was hanging off of the edge of the couch. She starts to get ready for the day as quiet as she can before heading out of the dorm. 

However, before heaading out of the door, she was stopped by Moonbyul calling her name. 

"We need to talk later," the older girl mumbles. Wheein chuckles and made a face at her before running out the door. As the door closes, Moonbyul adjusts herself out of Solar's grasp as gently as possible to not wake the older girl up. She heads towards the bathroom and washes up. Moonbyul made a realization last night when they were walking back to the dorm, wondering how and when Wheein knew about everything. 

"What a smart ," Moonbyul mumbles to herself as she brushes her teeth before heading out towards the front door to grab coffee at their nearby coffee. She made sure to grab Solar's favorite drink, which was anything but coffee. Making her way back to their dorm, Moonbyul could feel her phone vibrating. It was a text from Solar.

Where'd you go?... It read. Moonbyul chuckles and decides to not reply to tease the older girl. Her smile was wide and proud on her walk back to the dorm, Moonbyul couldn't believe that this wasn't a dream. Solar and her are real, and something was happening. Her suffering all these months weren't for nothing. 

Moonbyul steps into their dorm to find Solar nowhere to be found in their living area, she proceeds to set their drinks down on their dining table before deciding to fix up breakfast for them, making simple eggs and sausage breakfast. While in her thoughts and her concentration on their eggs, Moonbyul felt a pair of arms embracing her from behind. She didn't have to look back to know Solar's very familiar scent lingering behin her. 

"Why didn't you reply to my text," Solar diggs her face into Moonbyul's back. 

"I didn't have to," Moonbyul replies. 

"You're so mean, even when we're like this you're still teasing me," 

"Cause it's fun to watch your reaction." Monbyul chuckles and continues to place their prefectly cooked sunny side-up eggs onto their perspective plates, although, she struggled because Solar wasn't allowing her alot of movements due to her embrace. 

"Unnie...I'm going to drop the eggs," Moonbyul scolds Solar. 

"It's me or the eggs," Solar says unexpectedly. Moonbyul was surprised by Solar's cheeky attitude. She gave up on the eggs and frees her hands of the pan of eggs before turning her full attention towards Solar. They ended up in a staring contest which rose Moonbyul's amusement in Solar's attitude, leaving  her speechless. After a moment of silence, Moonbyul cups Solar's bare face and squishes them together, making Solar groan in pain and surprise by the attack. 

"Aigoo, I can't tell if you're my girlfriend or my daughter," Moonbyul accidentally slipped out the words "girlfriend". They both stared at each other in shock and awkwardness. Moonbyul almost ran away from embarrassment after realizing her mistake. She slowly lets go of Solar's face and retrieved her hands to herself. They stood in more akward silence together, with Solar fidgeting with her arm and Moonbyul scratching her head. 

"Um...I'm sorry, I got caught in the moment," Moonbyul mumbled. 

"It-," Solar started until they hear a loud yawn coming from the hallway. Hwasa comes emerging from the hallway to find both of her unnies standing from each end of the dining table, far apart, and with the most awkward tension in the air. 

"What the heck, did you two fight again?" Hwasa blurts out, half asleep and half bluntly. "Something smells good," Hwasa says as she pours a cup of water for herself. 

"I-bought coffee for the three of us, Wheein left already, and I made eggs for us too," Moonbyul says to quickly destroy the tension in the air. Hwasa stares at the TWO plates on their kitchen counter and TWO eggs in the one frying pan. 

"Unnie, did you mean you made eggs for you and Yongsun-unnie?" Hwasa calls out Moonbyul who almost drops a sweat from her temporal lobe from nervousness when she realizes her second mistake of the morning. 

"Y-you can have the other one, I'm not hungry," Moonbyul replies almost instantly to cover up even more tension in the air. Solar just stood in the corner, watching everything unfold in front of her and holding in her laughter. "I'm gonna go wash up for my schedule," Moonbyul says quickly and rushes to the bathroom.

Hwasa looks over to Solar for any clue on whta was happening with Moonbyul and Solar just shrugged her shoulders in pretense. She knew very well what was going on with Moonbyul. 

----------------------------------------------------

While Moonbyul was out at work, thankfully, her schedules were solo for the day, she couldn't stop replaying the scene from their morning in her head,

Did she scare Solar away? A billion thoughts kept Moonbyul overthinking for hours until she came to a scary realization. For her to even think about making Solar her girlfriend with the cirumstances they were in, how could she have easily been thinking that it could be a thing? If so, how far could they go before they're found out? Before someone gets hurt and what if Mamamoo gets hurts? Moonbyul's hopes and short term happiness started withering when she starts to think about reality. Her mind starting going blank and she could feel her fingers twitching from the negative thoughts runnning through her mind. 

The only thing that made her snap back to reality was the text she had just recieved from Solar. She opens up the text, not knowing if she was happy or worried to see Solar's text. 

You alright? It read. What does that mean? Is Solar having similar thoughts as Moonbyul? Fear? Then another text comes in from Solar. 

You didn't eat breakfast and you bolted out of the dorm really fast. I'm sorry about this morning.

Then Moonbyul realizes what Solar was referring to. She then also realizes that she needs to stop overthinking, Solar's text was simply good timing and it was nothing relevant to the thoughts fogging up her mind.   

She texts back. "Sorry about leaving so fast, I didn't know what to do or say, I'm sorry,"  Moonbyul rests her phone down. She starts to focus on her work insteaad of being so worried about her situation with Solar. Like every celebrity says, it's best to always seperate work from personal life or your focus gets fogged. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Solar thankfully didn't have any schedule today but also dreads that she didn't have any work, that only leaves room for more overthinking. There was just so much for Solar to think about, including Moonbyul, work, Mamamoo...JB. 

Solar's eyes widened in sudden realization. She had forgotten about JB and her mood starts to sour as she sits and replays all the things she should've said and done in ways that would have not hurt JB the way she is hurting him now. Solar stares at her phone, debating whether she should have more time to think about what she should do or just quickly end it with JB...