Hopefully This Will Work.

It's The Only Way

Solar decided to wake up extra early despite how late she slept last night, she wanted to be able to confront Moonbyul before the other members woke up and she knew that it was the daily routine for Moonbyul to wake up the earliest. 

Solar showered up and made breakfast for everyone, it was simple. Her homemade kimchi fried rice. As Solar predicted, Moonbyul came out of the bedroom first, however the younger girl just walked past the kitchen and her towards the bathroom without saying a word. Feeling a little neglected and upset, Solar sat down to eat first while she waited for Moonbyul to wash up. 

Then Hwasa woke up, Moonbyul finished up and went into her room to change, once Hwasa was done, Wheein took the bathroom. After everyone was done getting ready for the day, Wheein and Hwasa sat down to eat with Solar while Moonbyul was nowhere to be seen. Just as Solar was thinking of Moonbyul, the girl walked out of the bedroom with a change of fresh clothes, ready to go out.

"You're not eating?" Solar asked.

"No, I'm heading to the studio first," Moonbyul replied without even making eye contact with her. Solar began to feel annoyed. Once Moonbyul left, Solar let a grunt and placed down her spoon.

"What's wrong with you two?" Hwasa asked. Solar looked a little surprised at the maknae, did she hear them fight?

"What?" Solar responded.

"C'mon, don't act dumb, the words "fight" is written all over you two," Hwasa said while stuffing with the fried rice. Solar made a pouty face and leaned down on her chair. 

"She had a little alcohol last night when I came home and things just ended up a little bad," Solar explained. "She said something about something's wrong with her everyday, does that indicate something?" 

Both Wheein and Hwasa slowed down their chewing and looked at each other, sparking Solar's interest.

"Why'd you guys both looked at each other? You two know something don't you?" Solar pointed at the two guilty looking kids with her fork. They both avoided eye contact with Solar in order to not be the ones to tell her anything."Yah, spit it out," Solar said sternly.

"It's not someting we know for sure, it's just something we've been noticing about unnie," Wheein started off. 

"And that is?" Solar said, signaling her to continue.

"Byul-unnie is acting a bit strange these past few days, I heard her crying for a really long time the other night, she seemed to be in pain from something but she won't say anything. Then the next day she seems all fine, sometimes she gets super distracted that it's dangerous," Wheein confessed. "We haven't been able to ask her directly because it seems like she doesn't want to put her business out there so we haven't approached her about it," Wheein looked down shamefully.

Solar felt like she was a horrible friend. Thinking about how Wheein and Hwasa are noticing these things about Moonbyul and she doesn't made her regret her words last night, maybe that's why Moonbyul was so mad at her. Because she haven't been putting in effort as a friend to Moonbyul and she's only been thinking about herself? Solar knew she needed to approach Moonbyul later. 

----------------------------------------------------

Even when they didn't have schdules as a group for the day Monobyul would always find time to head to the studio to produce music and practice any skills she needed to brush up on. Wheein and Hwasa arrived at the studio and headed towards the vocal training room while Solar went to find Moonbyul. After questioning a few staff members, Solar was led to the small piano room where she spent most of her time practicing her piano skills. 

Right when she was about to grab the handles of the door, a loud music bang was heard and she could see Moonbyul  through the glass door, loudly pressing her fingers onto the piano, not particularly making any music. As if she was frustrated. Then Solar could hear a loud grunt coming from Moonbyul, followed by Moonbyul placing her head onto the piano lifelessly. 

"She does seem troubled...," Solar thought, she gathered her strenght and opened the door slowly. "Byul-yi?" Solar called out lightly. 

Moonbyul took a deep breath. She did not feel like talking to Solar right now. 

Without a reply from Moonbyul, Solar proceeded to close the door behind her and cleared .  "Hey, I just want to tell you I'm sorry about last night, I don't know what's going on with you but I just want to let you know that the members and I are always here to help you,"  Solar said. Moonbyul didn't reply. Was she still mad at Solar?

"Byul-yi, my heart hurts from seeing you like this, the members have noticed it too. If you're suffering or in pain from something, you can at least talk to us, bottling it up would only hurt you more," Solar continued. Moonbyul felt as if the more Solar continued to talk, the more Moonbyul wanted to shut her up. She didn't want any concerns from Solar, the more Solar showed concern for Moonbyul the more she felt as if she had a chance with Solar and she knew that was 100% not happening. 

In order to shut Solar up Moonbyul got up from her seat and looked at Solar with a calm face. They didn't say anything for awhile. 

"Unnie, I'm fine. I was just getting a little frustrated about making music and how to expand our recognition. Tell the maknaes to not worry,"  Moonbyul gave Solar her best smile. Solar was stunned. Half of her believed Moonbyul and the other half didn't. Moonbyul could see Solar's questioning look.

"It's nothing serious, I swear. I'm sorry if I haven't been talking to you guys about my problem. I just feel like I can fix it by myself, it's just a silly idol thing," Moonbyul said and patted Solar's shoulder as she walked out of the room. Solar stood there, not sure if she should stop worrying since Moonbyul had "explained" herself a little. For some reason her gut was telling her that Moonbyul isn't okay. 

When it was time for them to meet up in the recording room, once Moonbyul left to record her part alone, Hwasa and Wheein scooted closer to Solar who became a little weirded out. 

"Did you talk to her?" Hwasa asked.

"Yea, she just said that it was music problem. She was frustrated about making music and thinking about how we can get ourselves out there more. I guess she's been reading off the internet again," Solar said. Hwasa took the bait, Moonbyul's bait. "She said not to worry about her too much and that she's sorry about not talking to us,"

"Hmm, that makes sense why she's been spacing out a lot lately. I guess she must've been thinking alot about the group," Hwasa said, nodding. Wheein was not taking the bait, she buried her eyebrows and looked at Moonbyul through the glass, recording her part with her eyes closed. Since Solar and Hwasa believed what Moonbyul said, Wheein decided not to say anything further. 

------------------------------------------------

A few days go by and Moonbyul was seen at the dorm less and less. On days-off the members would be unaware of her whereabouts. Her circle of friends suddenly started expanding. Little did they know, Moonbyul was going out at night to clubs with some rapper friends she met through her rapping coach. From those rap friends, she would sometimes coincidentally meet up with other rapper idols. Eventually she was barely seen at the dorm at night when she would sleep over at other idol's dorms or house, of course most of the time it would be a girl idol or a whole group of them would be sleeping over. 

She would avoid Solar more and more other than when they have to interact on broadcast stations and interviews. That was her plan, to avoid Solar and she was doing a great job at it. Solar began to feel like she was losing Moonbyul, as a team member and even as a friend. She always wondered who were the idols Moonbyul kept meeting up with at nights. Did she have a boyfriend? 

When Solar would go out with JB, she doesn't realize that she talks more about Moonbyul than about herself or anything else. JB was a bit bothered by it but he was understanding, how hard it must be for Solar to feel like she's losing a close friend intentionally by the other party. He was a nice guy and the members could see. 

Suddenly one night after Moonbyul came back from meeting with a fellow rapper, she opened the door to see an unfamiliar bonde head on the couch. 

It was JB. She looked at him with wide-eyes.

"Hello Moonbyul-shi," he waved at her. The rest of the members peeked from the kitchen, they were cooking.

"Oh, unnie! You came back early today! We're cooking dinner, eat with us later!" Hwasa said with a bright smile. Moonbyul was confused. Solar approached her.

"Sorry we didn't tell you, I've been seeing JB-shi for a while now so I just thought I'll invite him over for dinner, to meet the rest of the members, you too," Solar said shyly, doing the thing where she lifts her hanging hair away from her face and hooked them onto her hair. Moonbyul still felt it. 

The only reason why she's been going out so much is to avoid seeing Solar as much as she can so that maybe those unwanted feelings would go away, but her heart just confirmed that it hasn't. 

"Are you two...dating?" Moonbyul blurted out. Solar looked at her.

"...no. We're just having a "something" I guess," Solar said. Moonbyul wasn't sure if she was suppose to be celebrating or not. 

"Oh, good for you," Moonbyul cut the conversation and began to head towards the bedroom.

"You're eating with us right?" Solar took ahold of Moonbyul's wrist, stopping her from walking any further. Moonbyul looked back at her and paused.

"I was actually thinking of-" Moonbyul started but Solar cut her off.

"Please, I'm begging you to eat with us," Solar said desperately. Moonbyul was stunned and she felt bad to have Solar beg her to eat a simple dinner. She sighed.

"Let me go change," Moonbyul agreed and swift her hand away from Solar's hands and turned around. Once Moonbyul closed the door Solar felt down again. From the couch JB could be seen observing the two. 

The dinner couldn't be anymore awkward and even if it was written on their foreheads, Wheein and Hwasa were trying their best to enjoy their meal. JB kept stealing glances at Solar which seemed to be stealing glances at Moonbyul who was simply eating her bowl of rice calmly. Wheein noticed all the secret glances and set her bowl of rice down on the table a little loud, causing the JB, Solar and Moonbyul to look at her.

"One more please!" Wheein said, trying to liven up the mood a little. JB could catch the sign and played along. He cleared his throat.

"You sure eat a lot huh?" JB joked.

"Hwasa eats even more!" Wheein threw Hwasa under the bus.

"Yah! Why would you mention such an embarrassing thing about me towards oppa?!" Hwasa said. "Leave me out of it," Hwasa angrily grabbed a vegetable from the table and shoved it into her best friend's mouth which caused JB and Solar to laugh, lifting the awkward atmosphere a little. Moonbyul just chuckled and mind her own business. 

"Is the food good?" Solar asked. "Hwasa did most of the cooking," she said towards Moonbyul.

"Of couse it's good, Hwasa made it, even if it's bad I'll still eat it," Moonbyul stated, which earned "ooh"s from Hwasa and Wheein.

"Why are you being so greasy today unnie?" Wheein said. 

"It's true...," Moonbyul pouted. She guessed it was time to stop being so gloomy around the dinner table. They managed to all hold up a few conversations during dinner wtih JB. After the dinner they decided to bond a little by watching a korean movie they downloaded. While everyone was engrossed in the movie, Moonbyul decided to get up and head towards the restroom. Once she stepped out, JB was seen leaning against the wall in the hallway, waiting for her. 

"Sorry, it's all yours," Moonbyul said, referring to the bathroom.

"I was actually waiting for you Moonbyul-shi," he said straight up, Moonbyul was a little surprised. 

"O-kay? Did you need something?" Moonbyul asked. 

"Solar-shi really misses you," he started off, Moonbyul was confused. "She talks a lot about you sometimes,"

"She does?" Moonbyul asked.

"Yea, she feels as if you two are drifting from each other, that you haven't been around that much lately," JB said. "Look, I don't mean to stuff my nose into your business but I do care about Solar-shi and what she treasures, I respect that. I care about her happiness and it would be really nice if you can talk to her, sort out any misunderstandings that might've happen,"

Moonbyul didn't know what to say, was this really happening right now?

"I don't mean any disrespect towards you but it's really difficult to watch her lose a good friend like you," JB explained. "Thanks for talking to me," JB bowed and turned around to heads back to the movie. 

"JB-shi," Moonbyul called out quietly to him. He stopped in his tracks. Moonbyul walked right beside him and said quietly. 

"If you really cared for her happiness then everything that's happening right now is better for her. Tell her to stop questioning my actions, it's the best for everyone, trust me," Moonbyul said. JB looked at her confusingly. Moonbyul smiled. "I care more about her than you do. Believe me when I say that," 

She said a little more loudly. "You seem like a good guy JB-shi, give her that happiness you believe she deserves so much," Moonbyul smiled sadly and turned around to head towards the couch, snuggling up to Wheein. From the bedroom was Solar who had walked in the middle of their conversation but decided to stick around hidden in order to hear the rest of it. 

However Solar didn't hear the part where Moonbyul had quietly told him that everything she was doing was for the best for everyone and Solar. 

"What did she say when she walked next to him?" Solar wondered. Solar looked up and was a little surprised to see JB standing right in front of her and she stumbled a few steps backwards. JB grabbed ahold of her hands in order to stop her frrom falling. 

"Woah, you okay?" JB said. Solar fixed herself and cleared .

"Y-yea,"

"You heard everything?" JB asked, he knew she was hiding there when he saw her shadows from the light. 

"N-not everything," she truthfully said. "What was that about though?"

"Just a heart to heart talk," he said, teasing her.

"Yah, what kind of explanation is that? she said with a pout.

"Are you jealous?" he joked. 

"Don't be stupid," she said and walked out of the room. JB smiled, watching Solar walk outside. He was sincerely troubled by what Moonbyul had said. Although he has confirmation that Moonbyul isn't a total heartless person who doesn't give two crap about Solar, she said that she care for Solar more than he did. Yea, he liked Solar but he guess that was a given for the best friend to care more for Solar. But something in Moonbyul's eyes were sad when she said those words. As if she was giving up something. 

JB was troubled. 

------------------------------------------------------

A couple days after JB came over for dinner, the members found it a little different for Moonbyul to be on the phone more often at night after she came back from hanging out with her friends. They knew it wasn't her family but they also knew it wasn't Minju. They've never seen Moonbyul smiling so much on the phone for hours. Does she really have a boyfriend?

One day while Hwasa and Wheein went out for ice cream, Hwasa popped the question.

"Does Byul-unnie have a boyfriend?" Hwasa pondered.

"What the- that was so random," Wheein said, almost drooling on her ice cream.

"You know, she's been on the phone almost every night for a while now," Hwasa pointed out. "You're her roommate, doesn't she tell you? Or don't you overhear stuff from her conversations?"

"No, she was being pretty private about her stuff, I didn't bother her, she talks until it was like 3 am in the morning, I was dead asleep," Wheein said. "I thought we already established this, don't get into her business unless she says something to us," Wheein scolded.

"I know~. But she seems better now, when a girl looks like that, she's in love," Hwasa said while doing a little celebration dance to herself. Wheein just rolls her eyes at her idiotic best friend. Maybe she should really tease Moonbyul about it for an answer.

-----------------------------------------------------

Moonbyul woke up late on the same day that Wheein and Hwasa went to fetch ice cream.

"-," she took a look of the time on her phone and scrambled for her clothes to shower and get ready. She decided to simply draw one layer of eyeliner for makeup and bbcream and rushed out of the house. Before she made it to the front door she saw that Solar was still heavily sleeping in the living room. Her body was all over the place and one of her hand was hanging out from the couch, limping in the air. 

Moonbyul sighed and set down her satchel and made her way to Solar. She quietly fixed the blanket on Solar's unmoving body, tucker her pillow in the right position and made her way towards tucking Solar's hand back onto the couch. Right when she was moving Solar's hand, Solar suddenly grabbed ahold of Moonbyul's hand and pulled her into a headlock, as if she was a hugging pillow. Solar cuddled her face closer to Moonbyul to which the younger girl became alarmed. 

"No- I said not there," Solar giggled in her sleep. 

What the- dreaming of JB? Moonbyul thought.

"Hehehe, stop....Byul," Solar mumbled. Moonbyul became shock about what she just heard, Solar was dreaming about Moonbyul? How can that be? Getting side tracked, her phone vibrated a couple times, indicating that it was a call. Moonbyul snapped out of her confusion and wiggled from Solar's arm lock. She took a deep breath to stay sane. 

She looked at Solar and turned around.

"It's better not to," Moonbyul whispered to herself and grabbed her bag and left the dorm. On the way out she checked her phone and felt bad, she already woke up late and now she got side tracked by Solar. Her friend was going to be mad.

Moonbyul starting rushing to get down from the apartment complex, once she got down onto the lobby she ran outside of the doors onto to run into someone familiar.

"Ah," she stopped adruptly. The other person glared at her.

"Yah! You're so late Moonbyul-yi!" the girl pointed at her and spun a 180 degrees turn and started walking the opposite direction. Moonbyul laughed and chased after her.

"Oi! Don't be so mad, I'm sorry," Moonbyul caught up and hung her arm around the girl's neck. The girl only pouted and shooed her arm off of her neck. Moonbyul only place her arm back where it was and got closer.

"How come you came here? I thought we were suppose to meet at the cafe? Were you picking me up? Were you worried about me?" Moonbyul teased, trying to look at the girl's face.

"Worried? I came here to kick your ," the girl faked a punch at Moonbyul. 

"Oi, you wouldn't," Moonbyul laughed while trying to dodge the fake punch.

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Cause you think I'm cute?" Moonbyul reasoned.

"As if!" the girl pinched Moonbyul's arm which resulted her yelping and walked ahead of Moonbyul. After recovering from her shock Moonbyul smiled and ran after her friend.

From afar was Wheein and Hwasa, coming back from their ice cream trip. 

"Oh, it's Byul-unnie," Hwasa pointed out, Wheein looked.

"Who's that she's with?" Wheein asked. Only when Moonbyul and her friend turned at a corner was when Hwasa and Wheein could see her face better.

"Oh, it's Hyuna. From Nine Muses," Hwasa said. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

(Author's Note)

More characters coming up soon! :D

Thanks for the subsribers and comments!