Anything But Honest

It's The Only Way

Moonbyul kept staring at Solar as Mamamoo sat in the waiting room, playing with their phones or getting done whatever they needed to do. Solar sat across the room from Moonbyul, staring at her phone in the chair set up next to the vanity mirrors while Moonbyul was also pretending to play with her phone from across the room on the couch. 

Moonbyul's obvious glances were so piercing with suspicion that Solar got uncomfortable, being able to see the stares reflecting in the mirror. Solar was a little scared that Moonbyul was starting to assume things. What if she figures out that something is going on with Solar and her feelings for Moonbyul? Will Moonbyul hate her? Push her away even more? Even worse, leave Mamamoo? 

These thoughts were driving Solar crazy through her frozen and fatal physical looking body that Solar was trying to hold up in front of everyone. But she couldn't take it anymore, Solar gave her body a quick spun around to face Moonbyul who adruptly swapped her attention back to her phone. 

Solar's movement was so loud and quick that Hwasa and Wheein turned their attention towards Solar with confusion. 

"What was that?" Wheein asked. 

"...nothing," Solar squinted her eyes at Moonbyul, giving her the "I'm watching you" look while Moonbyul pretended that she wasn't paying attention and went back to her phone. 

"moya...," Moonbyul thought in her head in panic. Why would Solar just spin around like that?! It scared Moonbyul and for some reason she reacted to it as if she was quilty of something. Wheein observed the two weird unnies in front of her and buried her eyebrows, wondering if these unnies were turning crazy. Something is up again and Wheein hated that she had this instinct to read between the lines. 

----------------------------------------------

JB felt happy that he had the day off and decided to surprise Solar with her schedule still going on. He walked through the building wearing a black baseball cap that hid his face and gathered no suspicion. Luckily, JB arrived to the stage recording room and hid in the corner where none of the fans paid attention to him just in time for Mamamooo's performance. 

His eyes couldn't steer anywhere else but Solar who just walked up to the stage for the first rehearsal. JB could hear fans loudly cheering on Mamamoo even though it was only a rehearsal and smiled, he was glad that Mamamoo was finally getting the attention they deserved. Suddenly he could see Solar trip on her heels and was about to run to her side but remembered that he had to make sure that he wasn't known to anyone. 

JB grinned his teeth in frustration as he stayed where he was in the corner while he watched someone else catch Solar before she hit the floor. 

It was Moonbyul. 

Moonbyul caught Solar just in time in her arms before Solar fell, she had spun out of control and her heels didn't help her regain her balance therefore Solar went flying. The fans gasped, worried about Solar. 

When Moonbyul caught Solar, both of them became super awkward again as they looked at each other. 

"Why are you so clumsy today?" Moonbyul whispers to Solar who pushed Moonbyul away. What JB had witnessed bought a weird chill down his spine. 

"I didn't ask you to catch me," Solar replied with bitterness and it hurted Moonbyul to hear those words. They continued to rehearse and finally recorded the official performance for the music program. Mamamoo quickly returned to their waiting room to wait for the announcements of winners. Walking backstage in the dark, before reaching the lighted hallways towards the make-up room, Moonbyul reaches for Solar's wrist and stops her. Solar was caught by surprise and spun her head around to see who was grabbing her. 

"What?" Solar said as soon she saw Moonbyul. Her heart was beating fast but she needed to act normal. While Moonbyul and Solar was talking backstage, Wheein and Hwasa had already arrived at their waiting room as they saw a familiar boy standing near their door. 

"JB-oppa!" Wheein called in delight. JB charmingly waved at the two maknae, his eyes were set on someone who was no where to be seen. 

"What brings you here?" Hwasa asked thhen caught herself. "Wait, that was a dumb question, Solar-unnie is back there," Hwasa laughed. 

"Why is she back there?" JB said, pointing at the dark room at the end of the hallway. 

"I think Byul-unnie stopped her for something," Wheein said. 

"Oh. Thanks," JB said and walked towards the recording room, looking for Solar. 

Back at Solar and Moonbyul, it seemed like a debate has suddenly arose. 

"Why are you acting like that today?" Moonbyul asked, holding tightly onto Solar's wrist. 

"Like what?" Solar looked away. 

"Like THAT, why are you avoiding me? You're not looking at me when you're talking," Moonbyul points out. 

"It's not like I HAVE to look at you when I'm talking," Solar replied in a louder tone. She doesn't know why but the more Moonbyul was questioning her, the more Solar wanted to fight back. She was mad. She was feeling so upset at the moment and she doesn't realize it but Solar wasn't controlling herself. 

"Kim Yongsun, what's going on?" Moonbyul spoke softly which caused Solar's heart to ache a bit. She was realizing that she was acting harsh to the girl. "Ever since we were in the car, when you fell at the car, in the waiting room, and now when you fell on stage. You've been acting really strange, did I do something wrong?" Moonbyul asked, she was starting to sound desperate now. The feeling of Solar acting like this towards her made Moonbyul uncomfortable and sad. 

When Moonbyul asked Solar if she did something wrong, it snapped Solar. 

Solar finally turned around and looked at Moonbyul dead in the eyes and Moonbyul felt as if time stopped. The music blurred out from their ears and nothing was moving for them. 

JB walked through the door connecting to the stage room and stopped in his tracks. He spotted Solar and Moonbyul at the side of the stage, talking in the corner and it didn't look like a friendly talk. He became a little worried that they were fighting and he began to walk towards them. 

"You're asking if you did anything wrong?" Solar said, her voice was breaking a little and it caught Moonbyul by surprise. Was Solar about to cry?

"Are you guys okay?" JB's voice snapped both of their attention apart from each other. Solar quickly and forcefully retreated her arm from Moonbyul's grip as soon as she saw JB. They both formed a fake smile. 

"Nothing's wrong," Solar smiled. 

"...," Moonbyul looked at the ground, confused to what just happened but didn't want to look at JB at the same time. Before Moonbyul knew, Solar ran to JB's side, wrapping her arms around JB's arm and pulled him away as they walk back to the waiting room. Moonbyul looked up as her eyes watch the couple make their way to the hallways. She hated that sight. 

Moonbyul hated the idea of Solar being held by someone else. Moonbyul's feelings were beginning to grow towards hate, depression, and confusion all in one. She was becoming the person she was when she first fell for Solar again. Scared. 

-----------------------------------------------------

That same night, JB stayed over at Mamamoo's dorm for dinner even though it was late and they all went together to buy take-out food, enjoying a night with peers that didn't seem like celebrities. 

Moonbyul decided to stay home while everyone else went out to purchase their dinner, everyone asked Moonbyul why she didn't want to go while Solar ignored Moonbyul, avoiding her eyes. 

While they were gone, Hyuna coincidentally called Moonbyul, telling her that she was coming over to drop off the jacket Moonbyul had left at her apartment. Unexpectedly, Moonbyul pulled Hyuna in, telling her that she was staying for dinner even though Hyuna didn't even get the chance to reply. 

Once everyone else came home with dinner, Hyuna understood why Moonbyul had wanted her to stay. A part of her felt pity for Moonbyul and the other part felt a little angry because she was being used. 

"Hyuna-shi? When did you get here?" Wheein exclaimed in excitement. 

"Good thing we bought an extra portion! You should've told us you were coming over, we would've bought you food properly," Hwasa said, setting down the bags of food on the dinner table. Moonbyul and Hyuna could see that Solar's expression grew darker, looking the other way while everyone came to greet Hyuna. 

"I didn't plan to-," Hyuna started, feeling like she was being a nuisance to Solar and was in the middle of rejecting Moonbyul's offer to stay for dinner when Moonbyul cut in. 

"She's here for me," Moonbyul blurted out, making Solar grin her teeth secretly. Everyone looked at Moonbyul weirdly until the girl realized how weird her sentence had sounded. 

"You sound like you're marking a territory on Hyuna-shi," Hwasa laughed which caused them both to blush. 

"I didn't mean to make it sound weird," Moonbyul slapped Hwasa's arm from embarrassment. "She was dropping off my jacket and I told her to stay for dinner," 

"It's more like she forceed me," Hyuna joked. 

"Fine, you don't have to stay," Moonbyul pouted. 

"Okay, I'll leave then," Hyuna played along, standing up to walk out of the apartment when Moonbyul grabbed onto her sleeves, dragging her back to the kitchen. 

"Yah! I'm kidding!" Moonbyul exclaimed, making everyone but Solar giggle at the friendship. 

"You guys sound like a bunch of quarrelling lovers," Hwasa pointed out, making Moonbyul slap her arm even more. 

"Stop saying weird things like that!" 

While everyone else was enjoying their time chatting with Hyuna, Solar decided to sneak off onto the patio, JB saw this and he caught the sad and sour expression on his girlfriend's face, making his chest feel uncertainty as he watches her walk away. He waits until everyone is busy setting up the dinner table that JB decides to walk out towards the patio, joining Solar. 

While taking the food trays out of the bags and setting the dinner table, Moonbyul stole many glances around the room, looking for Solar in particular but became panicked when it seems as if JB disappeared too. 

"Byul-yi," Hyuna's call cut Moonbyul's thoughts short. Moonbyul looks up to Hyuna, handling her some utensils to set up the table but Moonbyul looked at her confusingly. "...why are you staring at me like I'm crazy? Here," the Nine Muse girl shoved the untensils at Moonbyul who finally caught up to the situation. 

"Oh sorry," Moonbyul mumbled. 

"If you're looking for Solar-shii then she's at the patio with JB-shi," Hyuna said without having to look at Moonbyul because just like Moonbyul, Hyuna was stealing glances at Moonbyul stealing glances at Solar's whereabouts. 

"...oh," Moonbyul felt bad but her eyes traced to the patio's door where two figures were seen standing closely together. Jealousy was arising again and Moonbyul's actions showed as she places the utensils down with much more force than normal people would. 

"Unnie...do you hate eating with utensils? Calm down, you can use your hands if you want to," Wheein disses Moonbyul and high fived Hwasa who was laughing. 

"...sorry," Moonbyul mumbled again as she stops her violent actions and finishes placing the utensils before quickly heading towards the bathroom to calm down. Hyuna sees this and she felt as if she couldn't handle seeing Moonbyul like this any longer. Moonbyul's affections and feelings for Solar was becoming more obvious and evident for Hyuna and the girl's heart was shattering a little more everytime she sees Moonbyul acting up because of Solar and JB. 

Hyuna wanted to leave the apartment but couldn't bring herself to because who would be there for Moonbyul when she was suffering. No one else but Hyuna and Hyuna wanted it to only be her. Mixed feelings were conflicting Hyuna but in the end, everything she was doing was indeed for Moonbyul. 

---------------------------------------

JB walks out into the patio, placing his jacket over Solar who jumped a little. 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, why are you out here alone?" JB says, leaning onto the patio's fence, in the same position as Solar. 

"...I just needed fresh air," Solar fakes a smile, JB saw through it. It was bothering JB so much at the fact that he can't figure out what was going on with Solar. The only thing he can clue her actions to was Moonbyul but he wasn't completely sure of anything. If the issue was Moonbyul or not? If they're fighting or not and why it was effecting Solar so much. He felt as if he was missing something and it bothered him so much. 

"Did you guys fight again? At the music show," JB points out. 

"F-fight? who?" Solar was acting clueless. 

"Moonbyul-shi and you," 

"Oh...not really. It's no big deal ," Solar avoids the subject at all cost. She didnt' feel like paying any attention to Moonbyul at the moment because she knew that someone else was already giving Moonbyul her fullest attention and it was Hyuna. Solar regrets acting up during the music show's backstage with Moonbyul, she knew shouldn't have done that because now there's an awkward tension around them and Solar wasn't exactly sure how to make up with Moonbyul and it doesn't help when Hyuna suddenly shows up at the apartment. 

"Is it okay...if I can place my arm around you?" JB's request threw Solar off guard. She hesitates for a moment before giving him approval with a small nod. JB politely puts his arms around her and tip-toes closer to her, he felt like a bad boyfriend when Solar isn't exactly ready to open up to him yet but the best he can do is give her physical comfort. 

"It's dinner time-," Wheein opens the patio door but stops halfway when she saw the position JB and Solar was in. "Ah...sorry! Didn't mean to disturb anything," Wheein lets out a apologetic laugh as she slowly closes the door but JB stops her. 

"It's okay! We weren't doing anything weird," JB explains himself and laughs. "We'll come in right away," he says as Wheein closes the door. JB turns around to Solar who looks at him awkwardly and he places his hand out to her. 

"Let's go," he says and shoots her a charming smile. Solar felt grateful towards JB but sorry at the same time, she always does. Solar takes his hand and they walk in together, gathering "whoos" from the two maknaes at the dinner table. 

"Where's Moonbyul-shi?" JB asks as they sat down. 

"I'll go get her," Hyuna volunteers and makes her way down the hallway to the bathroom. When she was about to knock onto the bathroom's door, Moonbyul came out. 

"Oh, dinner's ready," Hyuna says. She sees that Moonbyul's eyes were a bit red, indicating that she was crying. 

"Thanks," Moonbyul says and walks past Hyuna, avoiding eye contact. Hyuna was biting her lips now, she was getting angry at Moonbyul. When Moonbyul was about to walk away, Hyuna turns Moonbyul around by her sleeves. The action caught Moonbyul off guard. 

"Have you been crying?" Hyuna asks straight up in a small voice, not wanting to gather any attention from the kitchen where everyone else was. 

"...no," Moonbyul looks away. 

"Lies." Hyuna states almost immediately. "It's in your eyes, you're avoiding eye contact with me but I still see them Moonbyul-yi," Hyuna scolds her. Moonbyul stayed quiet, she felt sad, guitly and angry but she didn't want to face Hyuna right now, she knew the girl was angry. The fact that Moonbyul was acting like this towards Hyuna angered her even more. Hyuna cupped Moonbyul's face and made her face Hyuna eye to eye. 

"If you're going to use me out of jealousy then make use of me correctly. You want to make Solar-shi jealous? You need someone to divert your attention from the love of your life who's with her boyfriend? I'm here, make use of me correctly Moonbyul-yi," Hyuna says. Right then, she could see that Solar was walking towards the hallway to find Moonbyul. 

"I'm sorry," Moonbyul croaked out of guilt. 

"I hate you," Hyuna whispers before pulling Moonbyul towards her, crashing their lips together right in front of Solar who froze in the hallway, her eyes wide and tears were forming in the corner as she sees Moonbyul's lips on another person that wasn't her. 

Kim Yongsun's mind was blank.

-----------------------------------
I'm so sorry for the super late update, I've been trying to think of more drama plots to add in lol
please forgive me!