Almost

It's The Only Way

For some reason Moonbyul felt as if her heart was getting heavier again. There was more weight on it than there was the first time she realized her feelings for Solar. She felt like she had done wrong to someone in someway and she didn't know what it was, it was more like a intuition of Moonbyul. 

These thoughts were running through Moonbyul's head as she stayed still, locking lips with Hyuna. When Hyuna pulled away, shock became apparent upon her face. 

"Byul...w-why are you crying?" Hyuna reached for Moonbyul's face but the girl flinched away. Hyuna was surprised and offended at the same time as Moonbyul looked away, wiping her own tears away. 

"S-sorry, I don't know what came over me," Moonbyul stuttered, quickly wiping away any traces of tears. "Don't worry about it," Moonbyul said again and tries to stand up to get away from the awkward situation when Hyuna pulled her back down by her wrist. 

"What's wrong? Was it wrong for me to approach you like that? Did I hurt you?" Hyuna said, almost panicking, while tighening her grip on Moonbyul's wrist which the girl winced in pain. 

"Unnie, you're hurting me," Moonbyul looks down at her arm and Hyuna immediately pulled away. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to!" 

The atmosphere became awkward again and Moonbyul just wanted to go home, she felt such a heavy and questionable feeling on her shoulder that she couldn't bear to face Hyuna right now. 

"Unnie, it's getting late, I'm going to head home now," Moonbyul broke the moments of silence. 

"I'll walk you home," Hyuna volunteered. 

"I-it's fine, I can go home by myself," Moonbyul said almost instantly back. "Your home is the opposite way right? I don't want to cause you trouble," Moonbyul excused herself. 

Hyuna felt confused and mad, they were fine a few minutes ago but now it seems as if Moonbyul is trying to avoid her, like she had done something wrong.

They parted ways in the back of the company building and Moonbyul's steps were becoming heavier as she made her way back alone. She hid her face down, instead of looking at where she was going, she looks to her feet, confused and bothered with herself. 

-------------------------------------------------

A couple of streets down with Solar and JB sitting in a little korean restaurant, Solar could feel her feelings being lifted up a bit when JB offers her a nice but simple meal. She felt good that someone was there for her even if he didn't know what was really going on and she starts wondering if that is how Moonbyul feels with Hyuna, for someone to constantly be there when you need a shoulder to lean on. 

She grins her teeth when Solar realizes that she was someone who couldn't be there for Moonbyul from the start and that is the cause of why she is feeling this way now. No matter the situation, Solar always manages to tracee her thoughts back to Moonbyul and that was how attached Solar has became to her feelings. She was at the point where she couldn't control anything anymore. 

She eats the food why trying to enjoy a conversation with JB because it would be rude to be in such a bad mood when he invited her for a meal. 

--------------------------------------------------

As Moonbyul hides her face with her black baseball cap, she ponders about what had happened back at the studio. She felt bad for rejecting Hyuna but at the same time, she wanted to throw her thoughts out of a window because she still can't figure out what was going on...as usual. 

She heads back to the dorm and finds out that Solar hasn't been home yet. She gets ready for bed but ends up stirring in her bed for a good half an hour before going out to the patio for fresh air. However, as she was gazing into nothing, thinking about nothing until she saw two familiar figures walking towards the apartment. 

It was Solar and JB. Moonbyul felt a little hurt at the sight and was about to go back inside to avoid the sight of them any longer, she suddenly sees JB hugging Solar tightly. This caught her attention as her blood begins to boil again. 

However, what caught Moonbyul's eyes was the fact that Solar wasn't hugging him back, as if she was hesitating. Up until the last moment, Solar finally decides to wrap her arms around him for a quick friendly pat in the back. They bid good bye as JB starts walking away. Solar, however, stayed where she was instead of going back to the dorm. 

Moonbyul observes the girl, curious to why she was acting that way. It seemed as if Solar was standing still for a good 10 minutes until suddenly, the girl cups her face into her two hands. It wasn't a motion of cuteness or surprise, Moonbyul could tell from afar that the girl was distressed and somewhat trembling from her shoulders. 

Moonbyul's heart broke into pieces. She realizes. Solar was crying. Now she knows why she felt so strucked when Hyuna had kissed her back at the dance studio. It was Solar. 

(Meanwhile)

Solar stood in the dark alleyway. She waits until JB was out of her sight until she finally broke down again that night. She lets her tears stream down her face freely, grieving at the loss of her love. It wasn't JB, she was grieving how long it took her to finally realized her feelings for Moonbyul and according to Solar, it seems as if it was truly too late for her when she saw how happy Moonbyul was with Hyuna back at the company building. 

She cries for too long that it only got worse, as a reflex, she hides her face with her hands as her breathing became short from crying. 

"Unnie?" Solar's breath comes to a complete stop when she hears the familiar voice. 

"It can't be," Solar panicks, hoping, praying, wishing that it wasn't Moonbyul standing behind her.  Solar turns around with her face still hidden and sees Moonbyul, looking worried. Both of their hearts starts to beat fast at the sight of eachother. 

Moonbyul's heart was racing because she couldn't bear to be facing a crying Solar like this and Solar's heart was racing because she was panicking and at the same time, scared to see Moonbyul. 

"Unnie, are you okay?" Moonbyul reaches out for Solar but the girl flinched back. 

"I'm okay," Solar manages to croak out a phrase and runs pass Moonbyul and towards the dorm. 

"Unnie! What's wrong!?" Moonbyul tries to chase Solar down, wondering why she would run away from Moonbyul. She was only showing concern for the girl. 

Solar runs into the elevator and radpidly pushes the same level button over and over again, hoping that Moonbyul wouldn't catch up enough to join into the same elevator. Unfortunately for Solar, Moonbyul manages to jump in last minute and hits the wall from the fast speed that she couldn't stop herself in time to once she landed into the elevator. Solar jumps from the noise Moonbyul made and turns her whole body around in order to avoid facing the younger girl. 

Moonbyul catches her breath while grabbing onto the wall for support. "Unnie...what...are you..doing?!" Moonbyul struggles to finish her sentence. She touches Solar's back and the girl flinched. 

"I'm fine!" Solar says. Moonbyul was taken aback at Solar raising her voice. 

"...Did JB do something to you?" Moonbyul asks quickly, jumping to conclusion. 

"It's you," Solar answers in her mind but the girl stays quiet. 

"I told him to take care of you, if he did anything-," Moonbyul starts her rant but Solar cuts in. 

"H-he didn't do anything, leave him alone," Solar statement made Moonbyul's heart dropped, she felt upset by the way Solar defended JB. It seems as though Moonbyul had really lost the girl to JB, for real this time. 

"O-oh, sorry for assuming...," Moonbyul apologizes and the elevator becomes quiet again. "...Then, why are you acting like this? Are you avoiding me again?" Moonbyul picks up the topic. 

"...," Solar tries to remain quiet as long as she can. Once the elevator door opens, Solar rushes out and runs into the bathroom while Moonbyul follows after. Moonbyul tires to wait for the girl because there was no way Solar was going to trap herself in the bathroom for so long. However, when half an hour passes by with no sign of the girl getting out, Moonbyul decides to knock quietly, trying to not wake the two maknaes up. 

"Unnie...are you really not going to come out?" Moonbyul says. No response. "...I'm concern. If you don't want to talk about it then it's okay, at least, let me see that you're fine," 

No response. Moonbyul sighs heavily and walks towards the living quietly, sitting on the side of the couch where Hwasa wasn't laying at. 

Moonbyul tries to wait for Solar longer but after an hour, the girl eventually falls asleep, resting her arms together on the side of the couch. 

Solar finally decides to come out of the bathroom after washing her face and sitting on the floor, ccntemplating on how to face Moonbyul if the girl was still awake. She was hoping that she wasn't though. 

Solar creaks the door open to peak outside, no sign of Moonbyul. Solar lets out a sigh of relief. Just when she is tiptoeing towards her bed in the living room, she spots Moonbyul and quickly retreated back. Making sure that the girl didn't see her. 

After a couple moments, Solar confirms that Moonbyul was actually fast asleep across from Hwasa. Solar walks quietly towards Moonbyul and observes the girls' sleeping pose. 

Solar felt bad for running away like that but she didn't want to face Moonbyul, not after she found out that Moonbyul was watching her cry so much. She would make up an excuse but she had already told the girl that JB hadn't done anything wrong so a "fight" between JB and her as an excuse was out of the question. She also felt upset when she sees Moonbyul because all she could remember was the sight of Hyuna and her kissing. 

Solar sighs heavily and sits on the coffee table, facing the sleeping Moonbyul who was on the couch. 

"I'm sorry," she whispers. Solar sits still for a few minutes, taking in the view of Moonbyul sleeping peacefully. That was the person Solar fell for so much unconsciously. Solar's hands starts to move on her own, reaching out for Moonbyul.

"Such cute nose, pretty eyes...," Solar uses the back of her finger to lightly trace Moonbyul's bangs, then nose as she compliments the sleeping girl in awe. 

"And then?" Moonbyul's voice scared Solar as the girl flinched back. Moonbyul grabbed ahold of Solar's wrist before the girl could run away again. Solar starts to fidget and squirm out of Moonbyul's hold but Moonbyul wasn't holding back and tries to stop Solar from running away again. They were making so much quiet noises and fidgets while trying to arm wrestle that Hwasa starts squirming in her sleep. 

Moonbyul and Solar froze once they heard Hwasa's potential awakeness. 

Once everything was silent again and they confirmed that Hwasa went back to sleep, Solar turns back to Moonbyul, ready to tell her to let go, and didn't catch on how close their face unknowingly were and froze. 

It was the same as the night that Moonbyul became drunk and things turned crazy for Solar and Moonbyul. 

They locked eye contact and neither of them bothered to move away. Suddenly, a sequence and a familiar scent rushed through Moonbyul's head. 

Moonbyul finally remembers the rest of that night. 

Moonbyul's eyes widened in the process and Solar became confused. 

"Unnie...," Moonbyul mumbled, still holding their faces close and her arms wrapped around some parts of Solar's body because she was trying to stop Solar from running away earlier. 

"W-what?" Solar replies. 

"That night...," Moonbyul starts off but Solar took this chance where Moonbyul seemed distracted to bite into one of Moonbyul's hand that was grabbing Solar's wrist, making the girl release her hold and shriek out of pain. 

"YAH!" Moonbyul's voice echoed through out the dorm as Hwasa jumps awake on the other side of the couch. Solar runs into Moonbyul and Wheein's bedroom and locks the door. 

"What?! What happened?!" Hwasa mumbled loudly, still half awake but felt alarmed by the loud noise. Moonbyul rubs her head to ease the pain and angrily looks towards where Solar had shut the door. 

"Aish! This unnie...," Moonbyul grumbles. "Sorry Hyejin-ah, go back to sleep," 

"What is wrong with you two...," Hwasa complains and goes back to sleep once she realizes the situation. 

Inside of the room, as soon as Solar shuts the door, Wheein sits up from her bed to examine the situation. 

"Was that Byul-yi unnie's voice? What's wrong?" 

"Huh? nothing's wrong, go back to sleep," Solar answered so quick that Wheein knew something was up. Solar notices that Wheein was still staring at her. "It's really nothing! She's being an idiot again don't worry, go back to sleep," Solar motions the younger girl to go back to bed. 

"Are you sleeping here tonight?" Wheein points out. 

"Huh?" Solar asks.

"Then what are you doing here?" Wheein says, she was becoming more and more confused. 

"O-oh, yea, Byul-yi and I switched placed tonight," Solar lets out an awkward laugh and climbs onto Moonbyul's bed. 

"You're acting so strange, what is wrong with you two unnies..," Wheein mumbles and goes back to sleep, tucking herself in. 

Moonbyul realizes that she was locked out of her own bedroom so she just finds a blanket and falls asleep on the couch until morning. However, before she fell asleep, she couldn't help but continue to think about what she had remembered just now before Solar bit her hand. 

Being in the same familiar position, Moonbyul's brain just suddenly pulled up memories that were hidden by her drunken state. Moonbyul remembers the scent and touch of Solar the night that they kissed. Even though she was drunk, Moonbyul remembers. 

She remembers that Solar had returned her kiss that night, willingly and full of the intentions that Moonbyul's feelings weren't being rejected. 

This was a sign to Moonbyul. Was it because Solar felt the same way? Has Moonbyul been blind to the way Solar's been acting lately?

Worse. Moonbyul messed up didn't she?

"Aish," Moonbyul grumbles as she lets out her frustration by wiggling around on the couch. Suddenly Moonbyul recieves a kick on the leg by Hwasa. 

"Unnie, if you don't like it here, you can sleep on the floor, you're too loud," Hwasa scolds the older girl. 

"Sorry...," 

------------------------------------------------------------

What I did last chapter was basically a tie-back of a lot of things. 

The moment where Solar sees Moonbyul and Hyuna kissing in the studio hurts Solar more because that was where it was marked that Solar and Moonbyul felt something more than just friends for the first time. It was in the first chapter lol 

Solar crying and destroying the piano in the single recording studio where JB found her ties back to when Moonbyul suffered from her feelings for Solar before. In the previous chapters, Moombyul had also let out her frustration in the single recording room in the similar way that Solar did(Chapter 5).

Sorry for the late update again....hope you guys can stay with me until the end because I'm not giving up on this story at all!