Confusion and Regrets

It's The Only Way

After their events at the medical room, Solar and Moonbyul had to quickly head back to the stadium for recording before they were able to talk properly. However, Moonbyul became touchy while Solar spent her whole night trying to shoo the younger girl away. 

After the filming everyone collasped onto their prespective beds, not caring to shower or freshen up for sleep. Solar's exhaustion fogged up her thoughts about Moonbyul for the night until she realized an earlier event. 

"Is that what she meant?" Solar mumbles to herself, regarding the weird encounter with Hyuna earlier in the day. 

"Is who meant what?" Moonbyul's whispers made Solar jump a little. Her heart begins to beat unregularly again as Moonbyul sets herself beside Solar on the floor of the living room. Solar looks around, afraid that Hwasa was around however she looks up to see the younger girl nowhere in sight. 

"Hwasa switched places with me, I told her the bed would do her bruises and soars justice," Moonbyul tells her, knowing why Solar abruptly looked up. Solar realizes what Moonbyul was doing and began to become nervous all the sudden. It wasn't like this was the first time they've been alone or slept together but things were different now. 

"I-i'm going to sleep," Solar managed to stutter and jumped onto the couch. 

"Unnie, what were you mumbling to yourself earlier?" Moonbyul asks, sitting on the floor but rests her elbow onto the couch next to Solar's back. 

"...nothing," Solar replied quickly, too nervous to turn her back from Moonbyul to face her. 

"Unnie," Moonbyul wasn't giving up as she nudges the older girl. When no reply came from the older girl Moonbyul proceeds to shake Solar's body in order to annoy her. 

"Aish, stop it Moonfart," Solar annoyingly turned around and pushes Moonbyul away. "Hyuna-shii came up to me and told me weird things," Solar finally says and closes her eyes to go back to sleep. When she didn't hear any response from Moonbyul, the older girl became confused and nervous. Solar peeks open one eye to see Moonbyul sitting there smiling. 

Why is she smiling? Is it because of Hyuna? 

"Sorry to bother you, good night unnie," Moonbyul said and proceeds to go to the bathroom since it seemed like Solar wanted to be left alone to rest, she figures that they would have a proper talk tomorrow instead. By the time Moonbyul came back to the living room Solar had already fallen asleep, or so she thought. Moonbyul lies down on the floor and grabs her phone, proceeding to text a certain someone as she gets comfortable with the sheets on the carpet.

Moonbyul finds out what had happened with Solar and Hyuna through their texts. The girl was glad and happy that things were finally moving along with her and Solar, she takes a quick look at Solar whose back was facing her on the couch. Moonbyul's heart was finally becoming at peace as she becomes glad that Hyuna had also seem to be trying her best to move on and fulfill her role as a friend. Moonbyul falls asleep from exhaustion, hopeful for what holds tomorrow for her and Solar. 

Solar laid staring at the back of the couch, too shy to start a conversation with the younger girl. Once Solar finds the courage, she turns her whole body around on the couch to face Moonbyul only to find the girl fast asleep on the floor. Solar gave out a self-pity sigh and heads towards the bathroom to freshen up. Once she was finished and proceeds to go back to the couch she squats down next to Moonbyul to take a little peek at the younger girl's sleeping face and tucks in any blanket that was loose from Moonbyul's body. 

Suddenly Moonbyul's phone screen lit up and Solar could see that it was a text from Hyuna. From her lockscreen Solar could see the preview of the text. 

"see you soon Moonie <3, "

Solar's heart fell, she became confused and sad over the text. Somewhere in there, definitely jealousy. When Moonbyul started to move around in her sleep Solar became alarmed and jumped back onto the couch, facing away from Moonbyul. 

"What's going on?" random assumptions jumped from her brain as she grasps the lining of the couch, feeling confused and mad.  "Right...it's not like we're together anyways," she starts to tell herself. It's not like Moonbyul made it official that they were dating so it seemed only right if Moonbyul and Hyuna were still a thing. The only thing that happened between them was a kiss anyways, nothing too big. 

-----------------------------------------------

Once the sun rose, Moonbyul was woken up from the smell of a promising breakfast. She rolls out of the blanket that was covering her and wipes her eyes in attempt to make herself more awake. 

Moonbyul's eyes instantly drew to the couch where Solar seemed to have already woken up much earlier than her. The younger girl looks over to the kitchen to see Solar cooking. A genuine grin formed from her face, Moonbyul quietly walked over to the kitchen but far from where Solar was so that the girl doesn't notice her. She leans against the wall with her arms folded around eachother, silently observing Solar's figure moving around in the kitchen. 

Moonbyul's body felt warm and fluffy, she couldn't quite place a word to describe the feeling overall. She felt as if they were the only two living together, cooking breakfast for eachother, waking up to eachother. It was definitely a near future that Moonbyul could project in her head. A future where she felt at peace with. 

"Why are you just standing there? Help unnie," Wheein's voice almost made Moonbyul jump out of surprise and embarrasment.

"I-i was checking the time," Moonbyul cleared and fidgeted around with her clothes, blushing while at it. Moonbyul made eye contact with Solar who turned from the stove from hearing voices. 

It was weird though because when Moonbyul grasped the eye contact, Solar's feelings didn't reach her. Her eyes seemed as if it was almost dead, neglecting and somewhat harsh for Moonbyul. 

Moonbyul's blush vanished quickly and her mind became alarmed. "What's wrong with unnie?" 

All four members joined together for breakfast prepared by Solar and proceed to seperate for the day for their individual schedules. For Moonbyul, she didn't seem to have any schedule so she waits around for Solar to prepare heading out. Since Wheein and Hwasa already left, the atmoshpere seemed weird around the apartment dorm. Since the morning Solar didn't seem to want to talk to Moonbyul and avoided her at any cost. 

Moonbyul fidgets around on her phone on the couch until she could hear Solar's rustling through the hallway and towards the front door. 

"Unnie!" Moonbyul calls to Solar who was preparing to place her shoes on in the front of living room. Solar looks up. 

"Hmm?" her response seemed somewhat cold. 

"C-can I...tag along?" Moonbyul felt nervous to ask all of the sudden. She could see Solar's hesitation to answer as she shifts her eyes around for a couple of seconds. 

"Don't you have work?" Solar asks. 

"No schedule for the early morning for me, I don't have to go to the studio until night," Moonbyul states. 

"Oh." was all Solar could managed to say, she felt somewhat pressured to reply and she had a feeling that it won't be such a good idea to have Moonbyul be around her for the whole day. It definitely will distract her work and her thoughts. Moonbyul was feeling impatient for a reply from Solar, she felt hurt that it seemed obvious that Solar was avoiding her and not wanting to be around her, it confused her, even after they had a mutual kiss yesterday. 

"Unnie," Moonbyyul sternly says, surprising Solar a bit. "Did I do something wrong?"

"No, I just think that it won't be a good idea for you to be around me all day," Solar confesses while avoiding eye contact with Moonbyul. The younger girl was shocked. 

"W-what, why not?" Moonbyul stands up out of offense. 

"Y-you know why," Solar raised her voice a little bit. 

"No I don't, please explain," Moonbyul walks up closer to the older girl by the door. 

"Because! it's just not a good idea, okay?!" Solar states. They were both becoming irritated at eachother, with one not wanting to explain what's going on and the other confused. 

"Unnie! You're confusing me again!" Moonbyul whines. "I thought our kiss yesterday meant something!" 

When Moonbyul mentions their kiss, Solar's face becomes intimate red and she shuts up. "Why are you being cold to me now?" 

"...I'm not sure...if it meant something to you...," Solar mumbles the words. Moonbyul was taken aback by the statement. 

"A-are you saying that it didn't mean anything to me? Why would you say that?" the younger girl become offended. When Solar doesn't reply as quick, Moonbyul grabs ahold of Solar and pushes her lips against the older girl again for the third time in her life. Electricity once again shocked both of their body and Solar gave in to Moonbyul's embrace quickly, her anger was quickly pushed aside. 

Solar only begins to push Moonbyul back when she realizes that she was running out of air. Both of their faces were red from the intimacy, both wanting answers from each other. 

"Does that make you feel indifferent?" Moonbyul asks after catching her breath. 

"W-what do you mean?"

"What can I do to show you that it means a lot to me?" Moonbyul asks desperately, she can't believe that she was still fighting for Solar, the irony is that the fight is with Solar. "For the longest time, every moment of your presence meants the world to me. Your touch, the way your voice calls my name, even the times you were angry and shouting. Unnie, if you don't believe these feelings, then what can I do for you?" 

Solar became embarrassed, she felt angry at herself for doubting Moonbyul because she realizes that she was losing this competition. It was actually Moonbyul who had been stronger than her. It for Solar because she knows that she only loved Moonbyul after Moonbyul loved her, she only cared much more for Moonbyul after Moonbyul had cared for her. She felt angry at herself that she had been realizing her love for Moonbyul when it was too late. It was as if she didn't deserve Moonbyul. 

Tears forced passed Solar's straight face that she had been trying her hardest to keep. "I'm sorry Byul-ah," she wiped her tears quickly, trying to act normal again. "I think I made a mistake yesterday, forgive me," Solar quickly grabs the doorknob and rushed out of the apartment. Moonbyul tries to chase after Solar only to be caught by their manager coming out of the elevator. Moonbyul stops her footsteps and quickly turned around, pretending as if nothing was going on between the two. Solar runs into the elevator with their manager and immediately punches the lobby floor button.

"Oh, I was wondering why you were taking so long to get down so I came up to get you," their manager unnie says. "What was Moonbyul doing running?"

"I-I don't know," Solar replies, she was facing her body closer to the elevator opening so that their manager won't see the red eyes that appeared obviously from crying. She knows that she was going to have to face Moonbyul later, it was just that she needed a little escape to collect her thoughts. Therefore she needed this day to be her working by herself and coming to a conclusion for herself and Moonbyul. It also wasn't looking good on a happy ending for them when Solar was also thinking about Hyuna's relationship with Moonbyul. 

The morning didn't start out so good for both of the confused individual and it was going to be a long day. 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note.

I'm so sorry for the long hiatus! So much things happen but like I promised, I'm going to continue and finish this story for the sake of the awesome readers and viewers that have been stopping by! Thank you!