Running Away

It's The Only Way

After their schedules at KBS ended the girls quickly headed towards their next event at the Shin Chan Crayon movie premiere. They simply waved, said a few words and posed for pictures, nothing Moonbyul couldn't handle. When their schedules finally ended Moonbyul secretly pulled their Manager Choi to the side. 

"Unnie, I have a request," Moonbyul pleaded.

"What's up?"

"Instead of going back to the dorm, is it alright if you can prepare another car seperately for me?" 

"Huh? what for? where are you planning on going?" their manager raised her eyebrow. 

"Please I'm begging you, I'm just going home, to Bucheon," 

"Why are you leaving for home? is it urgent?" their manager kept questioning. 

"Unnie! I just need to leave as soon as possible, it's urgent for me, I'll be back soon and I don't have anything scheduled for tomorrow anyways," Moonbyul tries to quickly end the conversation. Their manager still felt unsure of the situation and was worried for Moonbyul's safety. "I swear I'll wake up early for every schedule I have for the next 2 months plus I'll buy you meals for the next month," Moonbyul resorted back to bargains. 

"Ugh, fine. I'll call for another small car to take you home, we're not suppose to be the ones to limit your freedom anyways," her manager pulled out her smart phone to which Moonbyul gladly smiled at.

"Thanks unnie," Moonbyul said. She couldn't wait for some time alone to think. 

---------------------------

When Wheein, Solar and Hwasa woke up from their car ride back to their dorm, Moonbyul had already switch cars on the downlow so that none of the members would question her. Solar was the first to notice. 

"Where's Byul-yi?" she asked out loud while looking around the car. Wheein and Hwasa caught up to the situation and started panicking.

"Unnie, were we so tired that we left Byul-unnie behind somewhere?!" Wheein freaked out. 

"Girls, calm down, she didn't want me to tell you guys but she took another car to go home to Bucheon, she said it was urgent," Manager Choi explained. 

The girls started worrying for Moonbyul and what could have caused her to travel home so urgently without telling them. As soon as they washed up for bed they all texted Moonbyul to let her know they were worried. It felt a little empty in the dorm without Moonbyul leaving so abruptly.

-----------------------------

Sitting in the car Moonbyul purposely turned off her phone for the car ride and decided to catch up on a little bit of sleep before thoughts starts to run her mind. 

After about an hour of the car ride their company staff woke Moonbyul up and made sure her safety when she thanked him for the drive and went inside the apartment complex. Even though she told their manager that she was going home and gave the address to the driver, where she ended up wasn't her own home. Once she was in front of the door after a few flights of stairs, she shuffled in her bag in order to fish out a pair of spare keys. Luckily she kept these pairs of keys even though she moved down to Seoul and quietly opened the door so that no one would wake up. 

Moonbyul adjusted her eyes to the darkness and started to tiptoe around the flat in order to get settle down. However from the corner of the room the lights flickered on quickly, causing Moonbyul to yelp a little. In the corner of the living room was a young girl around Moonbyul's age, she had medium pure black hair and seemed half asleep in her pajamas. 

"I was waiting for you," she groggily said as she wiped her eyes. 

"You scared me, how'd you know I arrived?" Moonbyul set her things down on the kitchen counter and walked towards the owner of the place.

"Just best friends instinct," the girl smiled and opened her arms for a hug. Moonbyul walked into the arms and wrapped her arms around the girl's petite body. "I missed you, you little brat," 

"Missed you too," Moonbyul sighed. 

"You okay? Want to talk about it?" her friend asked as she her head, comforting the girl.

"I don't know, I just need to sort myself out first Minju-ah," Moonbyul dug her face into Minju's shoulder.

"Alright, you hungry? Want me to make you something?" 

"Sure, anything,"

"Then sit down, it'll be a second," Minju walked Moonbyul to the kitchen and started reaching into the fridge. Other than Solar, Minju was the original guardian angel for Moonbyul, they went to school together and supported each other through first love to break ups ever since their adolescent age.

After a few minutes, a simple omlete was placed in front of Moonbyul and a cup of strawberry milk was set beside it. 

"Thanks mom," Moonbyul said and started chowing down on the food, Minju wanted to talk but patiently waited until her best friend finished her food. 

"So, what's bothering the Moon tonight?" Minju said as Moonbyul gulped down the cup. Placing the cup down, Moonbyul sighed and hesitated before starting. 

"I think I have feelings for someone I shouldn't have," she went straight to her point. Minju was taken aback. 

"That was fast, didn't expect you to start like that," 

"Sorry, I had to tell someone," Moonbyul leaned back on the chair.

"Been holding it in?" Minju asked, Moonbyul nodded. "What made you come up with that conclusion?"

"I could be wrong but this person just makes me feel so different. When I see them I start to get nervous and I feel like I could run away but stay at the same time, when I'm not with them I feel a little empty, I think about them at times I didn't realize I was...I feel annoyed when I know someone else is stealing their heart...," Moonbyul trailed her last sentence and she started to feel defeated again when thinking about JB and Solar. 

Minju could put together that this wasn't going well for her friend. "They have someone don't they? That's why you're troubled," Minju asked.

"Not exactly someone, there's just this person that recently asked for a date but it's not happening yet," Moonbyul said with a salty tone.

"I would tell you to go for them but...what do you think? You have a chance?" Minju asked Moonbyul. Minju knew Moonbyul came here for advice but she hated that, she didn't want to tell Moonbyul want to do, she wanted to help Moonbyul make her own decisions so that true happiness can come from herself.

From Minju's questions Moonbyul realized that she never thought about that part. She was always too focused on the present but she haven't thought about the image of them being together in the future, she never thought about if whether she had a "chance" or not with Solar. 

"I...haven't thought about that." Moonbyul blurted out. 

"You like someone with no intentions of dating them?" Minju asked with disbelief. 

"It's not that, it's not just dating, I haven't thought about ever confessing or even telling anyone about it, I've been trying to figure out if I actually developed feelings,"

"From what I'm hearing, you like this person quite a lot,"Minju said, from her words Moonbyul started feeling a little heavy in the heart.

", I do huh," Moonbyul whispered to herself. She started feeling more and more defeated thinking about Solar and her together. Tears started forming in her eyes and she tried to hide it by looking down but Minju felt alarmed.

"Byul-yi, are you crying? Did I say something wrong!?" Minju ran over to Moonbyul's side and started hugging her. She tried to comfort the girl by leading her to the couch where it was more comfortable. She let Moonbyul cry for a few minutes before she got ahold of herself.

"I don't want to be," Moonbyul choked out. "I don't want to feel this way, I don't want to have these feelings with me," she confesses.

"Awh, love is a beautiful thing, don't say things like that," Minju countered.

"You don't get it, I realized I have absolutely no chance of being with this person romantically, I can only be a friend and it stops there," Moonbyul said, she knew her boundries was set ever since she was born a girl in South Korea. Minju has a hint of what's going on but she didn't want to directly ask Moonbyul on why she's so negative in pursuing her love. 

"Byul-yi, listen to me, I can't tell you what to do but love is love. You fall in love with whoever you fell for because of the person they are, any other factors shouldn't matter, that's true love. You can decide if you're strong enough to pursue this lucky person or you can decide that you're afraid and stop here," Minju advised her. Thoughts started to process in Moonbyul's mind as she looked at her friend with red eyes. 

"In the end, whatever path you decide to take, prepare and only you can blame yourself for whatever happens next. That's life, your decision, your consequences or rewards," Minju strictly lectured her. Moonbyul stayed quiet but Minju could tell many things were happening at the same time for Moonbyul.

"C'mon, sleep on it, wash your face, you're a mess," Minju lead Moonbyul towards the bathroom and they feel asleep together after washing up for bed. Luckily for Moonbyul, she fell asleep quick from exhaustion instead of having to stay awake and be tortured by her thoughts. 

---------------------------------

The dreaded morning came and Moonbyul was awoken by Minju who was getting ready to go to work. Moving around the bed, Moonbyul grabbed ahold of her hand phone and turned it on, she had forgotten about anything else in Seoul and wish she hadn't remember. 

As soon as the phone messages were flowing through and they were all from the members and the manager. Feeling a little sorry Moonbyul sat up from the bed and started going through the texts. Most of them were just from the members telling her that they were worried for her, asking her what was going on, and when she will be back. Except for Solar's text, she was mad about Moonbyul leaving without a word. Moonbyul chuckled at Solar's text, thinking about how this was to be expected of Solar to be mad. While Minju was almost done getting ready in the bathroom a new text was sent from Solar.

Opening it Moonbyul's aura changed. 

To: Byul-yi

Yah, why haven't you texted any of us back?! come back soon idiot.
btw, when you come back if no one is home there's food on the table for you

Moonbyul sent a text back.

To:Yongsun

Sorry, phone was turned off. Where you going?

After a few seconds a reply came back.

To:Byul-yi

Wow, it's good to know that you're alive. Wheein and Hwasa are gonna be at the company.
Today is my date with JB-shi, I don't know how long I'll be out but wish me luck!(>U<)
I haven't been on a date in awhile but this could be a change! Hwaiting!

Reading the text over and over again. Moonbyul came up with her solution. 

She got off the bed and gathered her stuff just as Minju came out of the bathroom. 

"You're awake? Sorry if I was being loud,"

"It's okay, I was just getting ready to leave anyways," Monbyul faked a smile. Minju was able to see right through it.

"Byul-ah, have you thought about it?" Minju asked with a change of tone. Moonbyul stopped what she was doing and let out a loud sigh. 

"Yea," she answered and picked up her bag while turning around. "I'm only human Minju-ah. I know where it stops for me,"

Moonbyul was giving up. She had no reasons, no hope and no place to pursue anything but her job as of right now. Love is stupid and she will get over it soon. Moonbyul referring herself to being human, Minju could only understand that humans can sometimes be weak and sometimes when you're weak you can only stop what you're doing in order to stop the pain. 

Minju could feel sad after hearing those words but she understood her best friend.  They walked down to the parking lot together in silence and parted ways.

"Thank you for everything Minju-ah," Moonbyul hugged her. 

"It's no big deal, you're always welcome to come bother me," Minju joked and Moonbyul smiled. "Are you sure about this?" she asked again.

"I'm certain, It's better for everyone else this way," Moonbyul gave a weak smile. A car came by for Moonbyul and she turned around and left first. Minju could only stand there and watched Moonbyul with a heavy weight on her heart, she was sad for Moonbyul to come to this conclusion for herself. She could only hope for the best for Moonbyul.

Minju turned around and headed towards her own car.

------------------------------------

After returning to Seoul Moonbyul found herself alone in the dorm just like how Solar warned her. Somehow she was glad to be alone. Moonbyul sat down on her bed after throwing her bag onto the floor carelessly and fell down on her back with her arms spread out. She closed her eyes and could only sigh at herself. 

Thinking about how pathetic she was. Moonbyul could only chuckle at the irony that she was actually a really weak person. Just like how she couldn't go far with singing, she gave up, and now she knows she can't go any father than being friends with Solar, Moonbyul gave up. She was beginning to think that giving up is her life motto without realizing it. She laughed and laughed again in her head on how pathetic she is right now. All she could do was laugh in silent. 

She curled up in her bed, she didn't feel like eating, she didn't feel like talking, she didn't feel like dancing or rapping, she didn't want to do anything but sleep because sleep is the best escape from reality. 

She laughed at herself for catching feelings. She laughed so much in her head that she ended up crying to herself. After crying, she fell asleep.

------------------------------------

It was late into the night that Wheein and Hwasa finally made it back to the dorm after grabbing some food. Seeing Moonbyul's pair of shoes in the front door Wheein had quick steps into their bedroom to find Moonbyul fast asleep still. Glad to know that Moonbyul made it back safely and seems okay enough to fall asleep peacefully, Wheein closed the door behind her. 

"Unnie's sleeping?" Hwasa asked. Wheein nodded.

"She must be exhausted to be sleeping at this time still,"

"I really wish she would talk to us, I feel like whatever's she's not telling us is causing her so much stress, she's changed so much in the last few days," Wheein frowned.

"Don't worry, she'll come around soon," Hwasa patted her best friend's back and went straight to the kitchen.

Around 2am Moonbyul woke up to find herself only feeling like she wanted to go back to sleep, after laying down for about an hour she realized that her body wasn't letting her go back to sleep anytime soon so she weakly got up from her bed. She could see that Wheein and Hwasa were back and thankfully were asleep so that she doesn't have to wind up answering any questions. 

Entering the bathrooom Moonbyul could see how horrible her face looked and washed up. She walked towards the living room and caught herself wondering where Solar was. She entered the living room to find only Hwasa fast asleep, no sightings of Solar. Moonbyul let out a soft chuckle. 

Of course Solar's not back. Anything could've happened on their date. She must be really enjoying herself to not be back yet. Moonbyul poured herself a glass of alcohol she found in their cabinet. Compared to other girl groups, Mamamoo were quite the alcoholics, they all enjoyed weekly drinks to relieve stress so their dorm could be seen with alcohol most of the time. 

"I can only be miserable for so long," Moonbyul thought to herself. She needed to find a game plan to get over Solar somehow. Liking Solar can't last that long and there are many ways to get over someone and Moonbyul is set to find herself a way somehow. The first step is to avoid contacts with Solar as much as she can. 

Moonstar swallowed the rest of the alcohol in one-go and finally got up on her feet. Feeling somewhat determined. 

Right when she stood up, the door opened to reveal Solar walking in. 

"God, why must you test me like this?" Moonbyul thought to herself and let out a deep breath. 

"Byul-yi?" Solar walked to her. She saw the glass of alcohol set on the table and could see that something was wrong with Moonbyul. "You drank? Why?"

"What do you mean why? I can't have a drink to myself?" Moonbyul replied in a sarcastic tone. Solar was taken aback on how negative Moonbyul was acting towards her. 

"Why are you acting like this? Are you drunk?" Solar reached for Moonbyul forehead to which Moonbyul moved back to avoid contact.

"I'm not drunk, I'm just taken aback on how you're suddenly acting like you're my mom," Moonbyul replied with no intention of backing down as if she was defending herself against something. 

"Moon Byul-yi, what's wrong with you today?" Solar said in disbelief. 

"No, what's wrong with me EVERYDAY," Moonbyul said, emphasizing her last word with a slightly raise of voice. 

"What?" Solar said, curious as to why Moonbyul would say such a thing. Was something wrong with her that Solar didn't know?

Moonbyul realized that the alcohol might've taken some affect and quickly ended the conversation. "Nothing, forget it," Moonbyul tore their eye contact and quickly went into her room.

Solar stood there in confusion, for some reason she felt guilt running throught-out her body. Did she do something wrong? Was something going on with Moonbyul that she didn't know and as her close friend, should she have known without having to ask? She felt horrible but somewhat she was scared to go ask Moonbyul. Solar decided that it was best if she would sleep on it and ask Moonbyul tomorrow when the alcohol isn't in her system. 

Although Solar hated going to bed after a fight or a small debate with her members, she decided it was the best choice. She just wanted to sleep on it. 

-----------------------------------

Moonbyul didn't know what came over her. She didn't like that Solar came back from being with JB and instantly talks to Moonbyul as if she still cared for her like she used to. She knows that eventually Solar will stop giving all of her attention to Moonbyul and that is something she would have to live with without any warning. She just thought that it would be better now if she would stop expecting so much from Solar anymore. It's better to stop now then hurt herself much more later.

She was selfish. She wants Solar to herself. 

But if she can't then it's better to stop now. Stop everything before she's in anymore pain. 

That was Moonbyul's final solution and only escape. 

"I'm so sorry," Moonbyul whispered to herself. 

----------------------------------

On the other side of the wall, Solar suddenly felt a pain in her heart. She felt like something was off. She could only frown upon the feeling. 

----------------------------------

(Author's Note)

Prepare yourself for more drama lol
Thanks for all the comments and subcriptions by the way! Very grateful for you guys :D