Figuring Things Out

It's The Only Way

Moonbyul couldn't react. She didn't know how to react.

Hyuna was realizing that Moonbyul wasn't moving, she was actually expecting Moonbyul to at least push her off but that didn't happen. Moonbyul just stood there, frozen. Hyuna took this chance to wrap her arms around Moonbyul's neck, pulling her closer as she starts moving her own lips against the other girl. 

Solar wasn't sure what to make of this but she gasped loudly out of instinct and it caught Moonbyul's attention as she stepped back from Hyuna to turn her head around to look for the noise she had heard However, when Moonbyul had turned her head around, no one was there. 

Before Moonbyul could look back, Solar quickly dashed into the room right next to her and luckily, the door was opened already. She walks to the corner of the room and proceeds to use her hands to cover from making any further noises that could garner the couple's attention. 

So many things were running through her head but all Solar could feel was ache. Her heart felt unrested and the tears won't stop flowing out. Overtime, Solar's breath became heavy as she was trying to hold in her cries that she was trying to silence. 

"Why won't they stop," Solar thought to herself angrily, she needed to get back to the kitchen and she couldn't show her face to anyone as long as her tears were streaming and her eyes were bloodshot red. 

-----------------------------------------

"Hyuna...," Moonbyul divert her attention back to the older girl. Moonbyul reaches for Hyuna's arm and slowly unwrapped her arms around Moonbyul's neck. "I'm sorry that you're feeling that way. I didn't mean to make you feel like I was using you," 

"...I want you to use me," Moonbyul was taken aback by such a statement from Hyuna. 

"C-can we just talk about this later? Everyone's waiting," Moonbyul quickly excuses herself from the conversation and walked towards the kitchen so fast  that she hadn't notice Solar crouching on her knees in the bedroom on her way out. 

Hyuna sighs. 

"Maybe I acted too rash," Hyuna ponders to herself and remembers about Solar. She makes her way to the bedroom where she could see Solar crouching on the floor, snifling. That's when Hyuna realizes, it was mutual. 

At first Hyuna was only trying to satisfy Moonbyul's needs of trying to divert her attention from Solar because no one wants to be eating dinner with the boyfriend of the person they love. So when Solar was approaching them, Hyuna instinctively pulled Moonbyul to kiss her so that Solar could maybe realize that Moonbyul has someone already, so that whatever feelings that were lingering within Solar would vanish. Whatever Solar's actions were to Moonbyul as friends would only stay as friends. 

But she was wrong, looking at the back of Solar who was shaking uncontrollably from crying crushed Hyuna's heart. Hyuna had done this to her. 

Solar's feelings were stronger than Hyuna had calculated. 

Hyuna was wrong again. First, it was Moonbyul's feelings for Solar and now it's vice-versa. Maybe she had done something wrong that Hyuna was being punished like this by God. 

She looks at Solar one last time before quietly leaving the room, she didn't want to distrub Solar who seemed like she wanted to hide her feelings anyways. Hyuna made her way back to the dinner table and acted as normal as she could.

"Where's Yongsun-unnie?" Wheein asked. Moonbyul and Hyuna looks up at her.

"What do you mean? I thought she was out here?" Moonbyul says. 

"...No. She went to call you guys cause you two were taking so long," 

Moonbyul's expression grew dark and worried. If Solar had went to go look for them, then did she see them kissing? Moonbyul started to panick and Hyuna saw it. 

"I saw her on the way out, Solar got something in her room first then went the bathroom," Hyuna quickly threw out a story to cover up for Solar. Meanwhile, Solar saw that everyone was at the dinner table and took this chance to quickly rush into the bathroom to wash her face and clean herself up. 

As she was washing her face, Solar couldn't shake the image of Hyuna and Moonbyul kissing out of her head and it drained her energy of wanting to join them for dinner. Solar took in a long deep breath and as soon as she opened the door, she exhaled.

The dinner actually wasn't too bad because both Solar and Hyuna were putting up a front while Moonbyul paid more attention to Wheein and Hwasa. JB just ate his food while observing the three women in front of him. Something seemed off. 

-----------------------------------------------------

Solar thought dating JB could help keep her mind off of Moonbyul but ever since that day, Solar's feelings just kept strengthening along with her depression. When they practiced, Solar would go off to a different private room to rehearse her vocals. Sometimes when it was late at night and a majority of the staffs were gone, Solar would end up in tears because she had to practice with a love song that she didn't want to relate to. She would cry so much that she ends up spending the night in the recording room since there was a couch there. 

Since she was rehearsing, it was typical for any artist to spend the whole night at the rehearsal room so none of the members bothered her about it. The person who was worrying the most was JB since Solar seldomly replies to his text and misses his calls. One night, JB texts Wheein about Solar's whereabouts and luckily for him, she was repeating the same actions that night; rehearsing alone late at night. 

He asks Wheein a favor to sneak him inside the company building to see Solar that night and Wheein was more than happy to help him. Unknowingly, that same night, Moonbyul and Hyuna were hanging around in the company building since Moonbyul had snuck Hyuna in when everyone left. Hyuna had wanted to play in making music with Moonbyul and so they were just chatting in the dance room. 

"Byul-yi," Hyuna stops Moonbyul in the middle of her dance session. 

"Hmm?" The younger girl turns around. 

"We never talked about that night," Hyuna brings up the topic that Moonbyul have been trying so hard to avoid. Moonbyul actually didn't know what to say or talk about. All she could really say was sorry. Hyuna could see that Moonbyul was quiet and knew that she didn't want to talk about it. 

"I don't know what to say, Unnie," Moonbyul mumbled as she walks towards the mirror to sit down in front of it. Hyuna approaches her and sits in front of Moonbyul, making the younger girl more nervous since Hyuna was sitting face to face with her. 

"Stop avoiding my eyes," Hyuna demanded as soon as she saw Moonbyul's eyes slowly wandering somewhere else. 

"What do you want me to say?" Moonbyul says, she was honest. She doesn't know how many times it's been since they talked about their feelings over and over again. 

"I don't want you to say anything, I need you to figure out what it is that you want to say," Hyuna explains as she places her hand to hold Moonbyul's. Hyuna wants Moonbyul to start figuring out things, she needs Moonbyul to stop running away. 

"What do you mean?" Moonbyul says. 

"Exactly, you need to figure that out too," Hyuna says as Moonbyul grunts from confusion. 

"Unnie, I'm too tired to play puzzle games,"

"Well...so am I," Hyuna's statement shot Moonbyul's heart. The younger girl was starting to realize things. They both became quiet again as Moonbyul was finally looking into Hyuna's eyes. Hyuna found herself in awe as she stared into Moonbyul's eyes. The older girlwas starting to realize some things for herself as well. 

"I'm thankful for you," Hyuna blurts out and leans in to capture Moonbyul's lips gently. Somehow, in her head, Moonbyul told herself that this was okay and she recieved the kiss without any hesitant. 

----------------------------------------------------------

At that same time in the dark building, JB took awhile with Wheein's directions from earlier to find where Solar was. When he finally turns at a corner in the hallway, he spots a lit room and smiled. He finally found her. 

When JB approached the door, before he could knock on the see-through glass, he noticed that Solar was singing. He decided to observe her without disturbance first and lowered his hand from the door knob. 

Solar was singing an english song that JB couldn't fully recognice but he heard the soul in her voice. At first JB listened in awe but then he started to notice something and his smile lowered into a concerned frown. 

Solar wasn't just singing, she was sending a message that he couldn't interpret in his head. All he knew was the fact that the song wasn't for him and it was nowhere near a happy message. He could hear the sadness in her voice and it was scaring him. Before JB realized it, Solar broke down in tears and slammed her fingers on the piano in frustration which caused JB to jump a little. 

Solar rested her head on the piano as she lets her tears flow freely, thinking that no one was around. JB slowly opened the glass door quietly and approached Solar, sad to see the girl he loved in such a state. He gently places one hand on Solar's head to comfort her and the first words that came out of Solar's mouth was...

"Byul-yi?" Solar blurted as she turned around but was taken aback when she saw the boy smilling sadly at her. 

"Sorry if I disappointed you," JB joked. Solar became embarrassed and stood up to fix herself by wiping her tears quickly and shot a fake smile at him.

"W-what are you doing here?" she asked him in surprise which she was honest about. 

"Well...I would've texted you before-hand but you don't reply so...," JB pointed out as Solar lowered her head in guilt. She was too caught up in singing lessons and practice that she didn't want to think about anything nor anyone else. In fact, her phone was laying dead at the night stand in the living room of Mamamoo'a dorm. 

"I'm sorry, it's just that I've been so busy with vocal training, I don't mean to-," Solar tries to explain herself half-heartedly that JB had to stop her. 

"Noona...you're worrying me. A lot," JB says suddenly. "I can see your dark circles, I can see that you haven't been taking care of yourself, I can see your tears that you just wiped away," he starts out. "Noona, I saw you crying just now. What' going on?" he asks honestly while taking ahold of Solar's hands that was damp from wiping her tears earlier. Solar could feel herself wanting to break down again but she held it in.

"Jaebum-shii...I need a few days or maybe even weeks to myself please," Solar requested. JB started panicking. 

"D-did I say something to offend you? Is it the dark circles?!" JB joked even in an intense atmosphere. Solar giggled a little but let out a deep breath after that. "Right now, I don't know what to do with myself and before I can give you a part of me, I need to figure myself out first," Solar says. She needs to give herself some time alone and it was better if she could tell JB before leaving him in the dark again. 

"I really appreciate that you came all the way here," Solar smiles at him. JB didn't want to leave Solar alone at all, he wanted to hug her and tell her that it was going to be alright but he laughs to himself at that thought. He didn't even know what the problem was from the start to be telling Solar that it was going to be alright. He didn't know what to do right now.

"Well...if you really appreciate that I came all the way here, will you at least join me for a late night meal before I don't see you in awhile?" JB begs. It hurts but JB was going to respect Solar's wishes to be left alone. Solar sighs and nods in agreement, it was the least she could do for him. They gathered Solar's things and head out of the vocal studio. 

On the way out of the building, JB spotted another lit room from the other side of the hallway. 

"Oh, Noona, that room has its lights on," JB stops Solar. Solar looks at it weirdly.

"That's strange, no one's usually here around this time," Solar says as they walks towards the dance studio since Solar was planning on turning off the lights because the company couldn't afford to be spending so much money on electricity bills. "I'll just turn them off real quick," she says.

However, when they approached the door, Solar stops suddenly, making JB bump into her shoulder.

"Oh, why did you stop-," JB started but his mouth gaped open and his eyes enlarged at what he was seeing in front of them. Solar and JB had stopped by just in time to witness Moonbyul and Hyuna locking lips. Solar could feel her emotions bursting again and quickly takes JB's hand and starts dragging him out of the building faster than she had ever walked. 

Once they were out of the building, Solar let go of JB's hands and froze. JB didn't know how to react and he was wondering why Solar had suddenly froze in front of him. Without letting JB know, Solar was swallowing her tears and dragging out a fake expression before turning around to face JB. 

"Don't tell anyone what you just saw," Solar requested. 

"Of course but still...what was that?" JB pointed at the company building's door. "I...I didn't know Moonbyul and Hyuna-shii was like THAT," 

"...Neither did I but it's better if we don't into their business, right?" Solar forced a smile. JB caught the weird tone in Solar's voice and the way she forced the smile in front of him. JB lets out another sigh for the million times today and nods. 

"I understand, it's not like I have anything against that kind of stuff anyways. I was just surprised," he forces a fake smile right back at Solar. JB finds himself catching up on things that he couldn't see before and the picture was becoming clearer to him. He wanted to understand Solar and the only way was to be silent, it hurts him but that was the only thing he could do for her. 

They began to walk away from the company building in silence and JB stole glances at Solar. He shockingly spot Solar's tear's trace down her cheeks but she kept quiet to not attract JB's attention. JB saw this and he also keep quiet about it, instead, he gathered his courage and reached for Solar's hand. Fortunately, Solar didn't seem to mind and simply accepted JB's hand grasping her own. Somehow, in her head, Solar told herself that this was okay and she recieved the hand embrace without any hesitant. 

 

-----------------------------------------------

Does anybody see what I did there? LOL

If you guys don't then I'll update you on the next chapter what I did in this chapter LOL