Skipping "One Step at a Time"

It's The Only Way

Moonbyul thought that their events in the van would've helped her in hinting to Solar that things were not just "friendly" between them, however, that wasn't the case. Since Solar knew nothing about Hyuna's and Moonbyul's "falling out" she kept her distance, trying to avoid any drama that would occur with Hyuna if she tries to get close to Moonbyul. 

Meanwhile, Moonbyul has been wagging her tails following Solar, trying to cater to her every moment she got, showing Solar that she cares for the older girl more than anyone else and it was throwing Solar off. It was weird that Moonbyul was actin out of the ordinary: buying her breakfast and dinner, washing the dishes for her, doing the laundry for her, opening EVERY door Solar walks through, making Solar's bed in the morning for the past few days, and always inviting her out to eat late night dinners while filming for their V-App. 

It was cute but Solar was becoming frustrated and confused. What is Moonbyul trying to say?

It was the day that practically over 10 idol groups were gathering together to film for "MBC idol star athletics championships" and Mamamoo was not excluded as the girls got ready to change in the dressing rooms that they shared with 2 other idol girl groups. Unfortunately, one of the group was Nine Muses. Solar could see that Moonbyul went into the bathroom to change instead and she was assuming that it was ebcause Hyuna was around. As soon as Solar was finished changing, she sat down on the couch to play with her phone while waiting for their call to leave for the stadium. 

Suddenly a pair of shoes walked up to Solar and the girl tore her attention from her phone to follow the pair of feet up to see who it was. Hyuna. 

"...hello," Hyuna awkwardly say while tucking one side of her hair behind her ear. Solar puts her phone down and bows to the older girl. 

"H-hello," Solar awkwardly greets back. It was an awkward silence between the two of them before Hyuna clears , getting ready to start a conversation.

"How are you?" Hyuna starts.

"I'm good, how are you?" Solar responds. This conversation couldn't get anymore awkward. 

"I'm fine. For now," 

"For now?" Solar questions, she didn't know Hyuna well but she could see that their was a hint of sadness within Hyuna. From the prespective of a girl to another girl, Solar could sense something was wrong. 

"I just want to say that please be happy, both of you, and I'm very thankful for everything that's happened," Hyuna finishes off and leaves Solar for her group. 

"..wha-," Solar stood there in confusion. "What just happened," she whispers to herself and sat back down. At that moment, she spots Moonbyul coming back with a new change of clothes. Moonbyul goes to the Nine Muses group and immediately hugs Hyuna. They seemed "friendly" still in Solar's eyes but actually, Moonbyul and Hyuna had their closure and made sure that they could still be friends. 

As soon as they depated from the hug, Moonbyul came shuffling back to Solar, taking a seat next to her.

"...,"  Solar moved her eyes around the room in discomfort. 

"Unnie, are you cold with that shirt? Do you want my jacket?" Moonbyul blurted out. 

"No." Solar replied in a slight cold tone. 

"Oh. Then how about a drink? Are you thirsty? There's free sandwiches in the hallway! They're providng it for all the idols, do you want one?" Moonbyul exclaimed as she gets up from the couch, getting ready to grab some sandwhiches when Solar grabs ahold of Moonbyul's wrist, pulling her back to the couch.

"Wha are you doing?" Solar whispers impatiently.

"What do you mean?"

"W-why have you been acting so nice to me?" 

"Because I want to?" 

"I need a better reason, you've been acting like my boyfriend," Solar grunts. "Stop catering to me so much, I'm not a child."

"I can't be a boyfriend, but I can be your -," Moonbyul was about to finish off the sentence when a staff member calls into the room, telling the idols in the room that it was time to leave for the filming.

Moonbyul grunts in frustration and as soon as she saw that Solar was getting up to leave the room, she bolts up from the couch and grabs Solar's wrist to stop her from going anywhere.  

"What are you doing?" Solar asks . Moonbyul doesn't say anything as they wait for everyone to leave the room. 

"Unnies, you guys aren't going?" Wheein stops by the door and asks Moonbyul and Solar. 

"I-I need her to help me with my outfit malfunction," Moonbyul lies. Wheein nods and leaves the room.

Right when the door closes behind Wheein, Solar pulls her wrist away from Moonbyul. 

"What do you need?" Solar says, regarding the "outfit malfunction" that Moonbyul mentioned to Wheein. 

"For you to open your eyes," Moonbyul said. "Can't you see why I've been acting extra for the past few days?" 

"Isn't it because you're crazy?" Solar said, crossing her arm and avoiding Moonbyul's gaze. 

"Ugh, Unnie!" Moonbyul starts whining out of nowhere, surprising Solar.

"W-what is wrong with you?" Solar chuckles slightly at the sight of Moonbyul stomping her foot and hopping around. 

"Why are you being so difficult?!" Moonbyul pushes Solar on the arm, making the girl stumble back a few steps. 

"Yah, Moon Byul-Yi, you're actually going crazy aren't you?" Solar looks at Moonbyul. 

"Mamamoo! Please come out! We're running out of time!" the same staff member opens the door, calling Solar and Moonbyul. 

"Look what you did! You got us in trouble and wasted my time!" Solar knocks Moonbyul on the head and runs out, the younger girl followed behind. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filming took all day and everyone was becoming tired. What was most surprising to Mamamoo was when Moonbyul fell face front during her sprint race. At first the girls laughed but Solar was extremely worried about Moonbyul. Coincidentally, Solar and Hyuna sat near eachother and the moment that Moonbyul fell the two older girls jumped on their feet at the same time, getting ready to run to Moonbyul's side. However, Hyuna stopped herself so that Solar could have the chance to be with Moonbyul. 

In the end. It was Solar and their manager who helped bandage Moonbyul's forehead in the medical room since Wheein and Hwasa had to practice for their archery competition portion. 

Their manager left due her work, leaving Moonbyul and Solar awkwardly in the room alone. Solar grabs ahold of the roll of gauge and proceeds to patch up the bruise on Moonbyul's head. When the older girl proceeds to walk up closer to Moonbyul to get close to her haed for the bandage procedure, Solar's heart begins to race. 

"C-close your eyes," Solar requested. 

"What the-. Unnie, you're wrapping my head, there's no reason for me to close my eyes," Moonbyul laughs. 

"Just shup up and do it," 

Moonbyul closes her eyes and could feel that Solar's body and her own body's distance was decreasing by the second. She could intake Solar's scent since her perfume was stronger than usual just in case she was sweating from the sport champoinship activities. 

Once Solar was finished, she steps away from Moonbyul to put away the bandage by the bed side. 

"Next time be more careful! You could've broken something or worse" Solar scolds out of concern. Moonbyul chuckles. "Why are you laughing? Are you not taking me seriously?" Solar whines as she turns to face Moonbyul on the bed. 

"I-I am! It's just you're cute when you're finally showing me your weak side, you've been cold to me lately," Moonbyul continues to beam a smile at Solar. Solar takes in the sight of an injured Moonbyul on the bed and starts to tear up.

She thinks back to the moment she saw Moonbyul hit her head on the concrete floor, A panic of shock and worry over took Solar back at the field but what was worse was fear. She feared about "what ifs".

What if that fall resulted in something worse? What if she never got up from that field with a laugh from her face?  What is Moonbyul didn't open her eyes back then?

An overwhelming of fear took control of Solar as she could no longer hold back her tears. The older girl quickly turns her back to Moonbyul to wipe away the tears. 

"S-sorry! I have something in my eye!" Solar managed to say in between her cry. Moonbyul was taken aback, she became extremely worried and made her way towards Solar's side. 

"Unnie, did I say something to upset you? I'm sorry! I didn't mean to tease you that much!" Moonbyul panicks. She takes ahold of Solar's arm to see her face but the older girl pushed Moonbyul away to her surprise. 

"You stupid ! This is your fault!" Solar yells at Moonbyul. 

"I-i'm sorry, I won't tease you anymore," Moonbyul apologizes honestly, feeling extremely guilty for the older girl's breakdown. 

"Ugh, why are you so difficult?!" Solar punches Moonbyul's chest. 

"Hey, that;s my line," Moonbyul says, tracing back to their argument in the changing room. 

"I don't care! I'm trying to be worried for you and you're just laughing at me! You never take my feelings seriously!" Solar continues. "I don't know why I put myself in a position to fall for you-!!!" Solar shuts as soon as she realize how much she messed up in blurting out the truth. 

Moonbyul became silent, looking at the situation with wide-opened eyes. Solar finally gave in. 

"Unnie." Moonbyul calls to Solar whose back is now turned from the younger girl. "What did you just say?" 

"Nothing, I was just mumbling to myself," Solar tries to take back her mistake but in her head she just wanted to slap herself at the moment. "

"Unnie, look at me," Moonbyul tries to turn Solar around by her shoulder but Solar shuffles away. 

"...Do you want to know the reason why I've been acting the way I have?" Moonbyul starts questioning. 

"..No. Why are you asking that?" Solar responds nervously. 

"Because, I've been waiting to do this," Solar hears Moonbyul and suddenly her whole body was turned around agressively and a pair of familiar lips took her own so fast she couldn't react. Moonbyul's arms wrapped around Solar's waist gently but securely to make sure that Solar doesn't escape. 

Solar was surprised at first but she slowly moved her own lips along with Moonbyul, moving in the same patterns as the younger girl as she closed her eyes to enjoy the blist that she was feeling. She had never felt so warm being in anyone's arms before and Moonbyul was the first. 

Moonbyul pulled away first as Solar felt sad about the end of their kiss. 

"You've been acting so stubborn." Moonbyul says to the shorter girl she was holding. 

"...W-what are you doing?" Solar asks, looking away from Moonbyul's gaze. 

"You're seriously still acting like this?! After that kiss?" Moonbyul exclaims in disbelief. 

"L-let go you babo" Solar's blush was clearly evident on her cheeks as she tries to pull away from Moonbyul's hold, still playing hard to get. Moonbyul wasn't going to let that happen as she holds Solar's waist tighter and pulled her closer. Solar responds in surprise with a gasp. Of course she didn't want to squirm out of Moonbyul embrace but it was fun for her to act stubborn.  

As soon as Moonbyul made sure that Solar was back in her embrace she rests her head on the short girl's shoulder in a hug. 

"Give up already, you're can't act tough forever. You already said the words you can't back out now," Moonbyul whispers into Solar's ears making goosebumps form throughout her whole body. 

"I hate you," Solar whines but with happiness in her tone. They stayed like that for awhile. 

However, across the room at the crack of the door, there was a familiar looking boy standing there, overhearing and seeing the whole event that happened between Moonbyul and Solar. 

"Jaebum, what are you doing?" Mark came running up to JB who attacked the boy by pushing him away from the medical room's door. 

"Shh!!" JB puts a finger on his mouth. 

"Shh what?  why do we have to be quiet?" Mark asks in confusion. 

"....Nevermind, Let's just go back," JB pulls Mark away from the room while the image of the two girls embracing never left his mind. He wanted answers. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------