Things Don't Have To Be This Complicated

It's The Only Way

"I think I made a mistake yesterday, forgive me,"

Solar's words rang through Moonbyul's head on repeat for the last six hours they've been apart. The confused girl somehow ended up at the couch of Hyuna's living room. She didn't know who else to turn to.

Hyuna places the two cups of tea on the coffee table, setting herself next to Moonbyul on the couch, looking at the younger girl's dead face made her pretty obvious to read. 

"Did you two get into a fight?" Hyuna asks, breaking the silence between them. Moonbyul stares at Hyuna's worried face and sighed. 

"This was a mistake, I'm sorry for coming here," Moonbyul suddenly says and stands up. Hyuna grabs ahold of the standing girl's wrist and pulls her down. 

"Yah! you can't be wasting my time like this and just leave without an explanation!" Hyuna scolded Moonbyul. 

"Exactly why I should leave, I'm wasting your time," Moonbyul says sadly, earning a slap on her arm from Hyuna. "Ow!"

"You're acting like a five year old, just tell me what's up already," 

"It's...I feel bad for coming to you about this," Moonbyul confesses. "I shouldn't be torturing you like this anymore, I promised...," Moonbyul rested her head down, looking at the floor in guilt. She was right, she felt stupid to be running to Hyuna when she knows how the older girl feels. This wasn't right and what she was doing to Hyuna would only hurt her more. I mean, who wants to hear about love stories of someone you like with someone else?

Hyuna reaches for Moonbyul's head and pats it. 

"You're fine, just tell me. I'm okay." Hyuna assures the younger girl. Moonbyul looks up and starts telling Hyuna what happened.

For some reason at the end, Hyuna let out a small chuckle. 

"Why are you laughing about my misery?!" Moonbyul exclaims. 

"Because- this is basically what I'm hearing, you two both have the same feelings for each other but for some reason, you two are playing cat and mouse. One moment you're chasing her, then the next she's chasing you, you two are never on the same page. Things don't have to be this complicated," 

"What can I do?" Moonbyul whines. 

"Keep chasing her." Hyuna said straightforward. Moonbyul and Hyuna hung around a bit more until the younger girl recieved a call from their manager. On her way out, Hyuna calls out to Moonbyul. 

"Keep chasing her, but this time. Don't stop," Hyuna hugs the younger girl and sees her out of the apartment complex. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

By the time Solar stopped by the location of her third schedule, she was already dreading that her day was coming to an end. This was because it was her last job of the day and she ended up blanking out all day. Her mind strayed away from Moonbyul in order to concentrate on her daily roles in order to safely carry out her jobs. 

Her last stop was a solo photoshoot for an endorsement of a clothing brand. During the time of Solar changing, her phone vibrated, indicating an incoming text., however, since the leader was busy, she ended up not checking her phone for the unread message. 

The message was from Moonbyul. 

It was way pass 2 am by the time Solar's photoshoot ended, she was tired mentally and physically that she hadn't bothered to check her phone. Solar made her way out of the building complex with her manager.

"Wait, here, I'll get the car" her manager runs off, leaving Solar in the back of the complex to wait for.

"Solar-shi," A voice appeared by her side, scaring the girl a little. Solar turned around and it was JB. "Sorry to bother you so late but you haven't been replying to any of my texts. Solar was so busy with her schedule and concentrated on avoiding any texts and calls that may come from Moonbyul that she had also forgotten about JB. 

"Hey, I'm sorry about that, I've just been so busy with everything," Solar said soulessly. More guilt was building upon her the moment she realized what she was doing to JB. She should've known better then to start anything offical with JB, she should've let him go that night she became selfish about saving herself from her feelings for Moonbyul. 

"What's going on?" Jb asked. It was a simply question that he knew Solar couldn't answer. He clenches his teeth and holds back any anger or tears. He wasn't necessarily mad at her for not replying to his texts, he was just extremely confused that it lead to anger. 

"Jaebum-sii, I'm sorry but I'm really tired right now and I don't think I can talk to you right now," 

"That's not fair, I'm your boyfriend right? at least save me some time," Jb requests, a little more selfish than usual. Solar was becoming uncomfortable with the situation, she knows that she has to end this so that JB's pain doesn't worsen, she wasn't in the position to be with anyone right now but this wasn't a good time to talk. Solar lost her train of thought and stood there in silence. "Let me know when you're ready to talk, I trust that you will be honest with me and yourself," he says after a few minutes of silence goes by and begins walking the opposite direction from Solar. 

Once JB was out of sight Solar lets go of the breath she was holding in. She was a ty person and she felt it. She ended up not only hurting Moonbyul but also JB and she didn't know how to deal with those consequences. Thankfully her manager came by, driving the van.

As their car approached Mamamoo's dorm, Solar could feel her heart beating faster and her hands starts to shake uncontrollably. She tries to shake off the unfamiliar feeling by sitting on top of her hands to stop the shaking. 

"U-unnie, can you take me to our company building, I want to practice more," Solar lies, her manager didn't like the idea of her staying out so late and not sleeping but neverthless she dropped Solar off. "I might spend the night here so you can just go home unnie," Solar shoos her ride away and walks around the entertainment's building. 

She didn't know how she was feeling right now but being alone made her feel less pressured of thinking. As she made her way around the building, memories of Wheein, Hwasa, Moonbyul, and her practicing and messing around came rushing through her mind. There were just as many sad memories as there were happy. A lot of them were with Moonbyul and because of Moonbyul. 

At that moment in time she felt so grateful to have met Moonbyul and imagining her life without Moonbyul in it saddend her so much. It saddened Solar so much that tears started to stream down without her even noticing it. She couldn't tell if they were tears of sadness or happiness but she was embracing at the fact that her heart hurts so much when she thinks of Moonbyul meanwhile full at the same tme when she thinks of Moonbyul . 

She makes her way to their practice room, her legs started to lose its strength from her unknown experience of mixed emotions that Solar just slowly slides down, sitting with her back leaning against the mirror. 

She was feeling so much unknown and she was so tired at the same time. Solar had never felt so lost in her life and this scared her. She hugs herself, hoping that it would comfort her, 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Moonbyul was shaking one of her leg so uncontrollably from anxiousness that she hasnt noticed that the shaking ground near her was making the water from her glass spill a little from the distrubance in balance. 

"Where is she...why is she not replying to any of my texts...why did manager not drop her off, it's 3am!!!" Moonbyul was going crazy from overthinking. It was also too late for her manager to reply to any of Moonbyul's past 30 message about Solar. 

Moonbyul was so into her thoughts that she hadn't noticed that Wheein made her way to the kitchen for water. Wheein rubs her eyes while drinking her glass of water to finally notice that Moonbyul was sitting in the dark in the living room. 

"Unnie, why are you up so late...or early," Wheen trails off to take a look at their clock hanging on the wall. 

"Solar isn't back yet," Moonbyul bluntly replies. Wheein sighs and sits down beside Moonbyul.

"Unnie, what's been going on with you two," Wheein asks. 

"What do you mean? Who is you two," Moonbyul plays dumb. 

"One moment you and Yongsun-unnie don't talk, then you're fine agian, then you're not talking again, it's been months since this weridness has been going on," Wheein summarizes. "and then, you two bring back people who seem like you're just using to get eachother's attention, which is messed up by the way," Wheein goes off. She was getting Moonbyul's 100% attention by now. 

"And then you guys get mad at each other again for the lack of attention both of you recieve from eachother as you guys divert your attention to someone else prespectively, then Solar unnie goes and start acting super weird and depressing, and you're just confusing everyone including yourself and then you got Solar unnie confusing everyone else including herself, why can't you two just be honest with your feelings, things don't have to be this complicated!" Wheein finishes. 

"....," Moonbyul sat there in silence, trying to digest everything Wheein was stating. 

"Wait, I'm not finished. I feel like I'm watching a drama unraveling with two dumb main characters who are obviously in love with each other but doesn't accept their own feelings enough to accept themselves and eachother and ends up hurting other innocent people in the process of figuring themselves out," Wheein preaches. " Please, Solar-unnie has been so depressed these days, I'm suspecting that she's overthinking right now by herself, that stuff becomes unhealthy."

Moonbyul was still silent. Then suddenly her phone lits up and it was a text from her manager. Moonbyul quickly unlocks her phone to find out that Solar was dropped off by their manager at the entertainment's building. Moonbyul looks up at Wheein in confirmation. 

"Things doesn't have to be so complicated, go Unnie," Wheein raises her signature eyebrow wink at Moonbyul who smiles at the younger girl before rushing out of the dorm, running towards the love of her life. 

Maybe it really was time that Moonbyul makes things not so complicated. 

 

------------------------------

All I can say is I'm sorry to you guys. Hope you enjoyed the chapter.