One Step at a Time

It's The Only Way

Moonbyul never saw the chance to talk to Solar again when the girls and the manager came back from their break and they end up traveling non-stop towards their next event and Solar never bothered to make eye-contact with Moonbyul for the rest of the day. 

Solar regrets being reckless again, she knew she was going to be weak in front of Moonbyul and her conscious continuously proves her right regarding what happened back at the van.

When they arrived home that night around 3 am in the morning, Moonbyul headed straight to Hyuna by taxi. A part of Solar wanted to grab her arm and pull her back but she puts up a front and head straight towards the dorm. 

When Moonbyul arrived at Hyuna's she stood in front of the girl's apartment door for a while before deciding to ring the doorbell. She was hesitant, Moonbyul was blank, she wasn't sure what was going on with herself anymore to even face Hyuna. 

When Hyuna opened the door, Moonbyul's heart became guarded. She could see the unexpected warm smile on Hyuna's face despite what happened at the studio last night. The older girl invites Moonbyul in and offered her coffee, provided her the comfort of her couch, and a change of clothes. 

The night went smoothly as if nothing has happened. Moonbyul was growing curious and scared, Hyuna said she wanted to talk to Moonbyul but all they talked about was the normal "how as your day" conversations. 

Moonbyul never bothered to ask questions and they end up falling asleep next to each other like normal. Moonbyul knocked out fast due to the busy schedule while Hyuna laid beside, awake and taking in the sight of the younger girl's sleeping face. 

Hyuna was truly happy just being next to Moonbyul. She lightly scoots closer to the younger girl and moved the bangs away from Moonbyul's face and follows up with her the caress of her face. 

"What have you done to me?" Hyuna whispers to herself and kisses Moonbyul's forehead before snuggling close to the girl, falling asleep along with the girl she knew she already lost. 

----------------------------------------------

The morning came and Solar woke up with the maximum of 30 minutes of sleep. 

"," she curses to herself and gets up from her sleeping position to wash her face. She showers and freshens up before heading to the kitchento grab something to munch on. Just when she opend the fridge, the jingling sound of keys garnered her attention. She looks up from the fridge and sees Moonbyul's back, facing the door to close it as quietly as possible. 

When Moonbyul turns around, Solar awkwardly diverts her attention quickly back to the fridge, trying to look like she was busy. 

"Here," Moonbyul said, Solar hears a grocery bag rustling and turns around to see a bag of food on the dinner table. "Ddeokbokki, your favorite," Moonbyul said and walks away.

"I didn't ask you to," Solar called quietly to the girl walking away. 

"You didn't have to," Moonbyul said as Solar's heart skipped a beat. Solar could feel it. She was so close to confirming what she wanted, what she needed.

It was Moonbyul's mutual feelings. 

Everyone showered and got ready for the schedule of the day, when the girls arrived at the van, Moonbyul took this chance to grab Solar by the arm, holding her back as the other girls stepped into the van first. 

"What are you-" Solar pouts at Moonbyul, confused by her actions when Moonbyul interrupts her by nudging her to go into the van. Solar ends up sitting next to Moonbyul and it was going to be a long hour drive. Solar made sure she was sitting as close as she could to the window and away from Moonbyul even though she actually wanted to move closer. 

Once Solar moved, Moonbyul also moved closer. Solar gives Moonbyul a quick confused glance discreetly however Moonbyul grinned a bit. She was trying to get Solar's attention. 

"Why is she acting like this?"  Solar whines to herself. Moonbyul was making things complicated and awkward for Solar. Then Moonbyul gathers the courage to surely but slowly moves her fingers towards Solar's. Once the touch of Moonbyul's fingers made contact with Solar, the both of them felt a spark  throughout their body, causing the both of them to gasp silently. Solar turns her head over to Moonbyul and they lock eye contact for a while before Solar willingly snaps out of the moment, withdrawing her hand. To Moonbyul's dismay, she took this a little painful and withdraws her own hand to look away to the window awkwardly. 

"Maybe I'm rushing it,"  Moonbyul sighs. 

After spending the night at Hyuna's, Moonbyul wakes up to the sound of the shower running and no body warmth by her side. Hyuna was showering. Moonbyul took this cue to grab her clothes and change while heading back to the dorm. Once Moonbyul places the last piece of clothing over her head, Hyuna steps back into the bedroom with only a white towel wrap around her damp body, traces of water from the shower still lingering on the nape of her neck and arms. 

It wasn't an awkward sight for Moonbyul but it was obvious that Hyuna was trying to seduce Moonbyul. 

"You're heading back?" Hyuna says, looking for a change of clothes at her closet.

"Yea, thank you for letting me over again," Moonbyul says with a hint of awkwardness. She wasn't sure what the purpose of her coming over was.

"Why do you sound so awkward?" Hyuna calls her out. 

"I'm not," Moonbyul says again with another hint of awkwardness. Hyuna lets out a slight sigh and steps closer to Moonbyul, once the younger girl saw the half girl approaching her she unconciously takes a few steps back. 

"Calm down, I'm not going to bite you," she flirts. 

"It'll be nice if you can put on some clothes first," Moonbyul awkwardly chuckles while looking away. Hyuna grabs Moonbyul's face and shifts her angle so that they are facing each other. 

"Do me a favor and go for her," Hyuna says unexpectedly.

"Huh?" Moonbyul's eyes widend. Hyuna releases the hold of Moonbyul's face and drops her jokster mood. 

"I'm begging you, just let me see you be happy already," Hyuna confesses as her voice breaks a little. A wave of guilt and sadness swept over Moonbyul as she looks at Hyuna's trembling shoulders. It was taking Hyuna a lot of strength to be letting these words out of . "Last night was all I needed, just to be with you one more time," 

Then Moonbyul realizes why nothing happened last night. She hadn't realize that Hyuna was treating last night as a usual night, like how they were when they first started out. Hyuna wants to end things and leave it as familiar as the first time. 

"Unnie, you don't have to do this," Moonbyul reaches out for Hyuna but the girl flinched back, avoiding contacts and that threw Moonbyul off. 

"Don't do that, let me go and I'll let you go," Hyuna says. "That's the deal," 

Moonbyul felt sad by the sudden request for a departure from Hyuna however at the same time...she felt relieved. And that made her feel like a horrible person for feelingt that hint of relief coming from her heart. Maybe this was the push Moonbyul needs. 

"I see the way she looks at you. I see the way she acts towards you, it's not much but from those little moments...I can see the way Solar-shii feels about you. You're an idiot if you don't see it,"  Hyuna scolds her. 

"I'm sorry," Moobyul looks down on the floor in shame, the only thing she brought was pain to Hyuna and she never had the courage to end it when she should've. 

"No apologies, apologizing makes it seem like the moments you spent with me were just regrets." Hyuna laughs. 

"T-they weren't!" Moonbyul exclaims honestly. "I just wish things didn't turn out this way,"

"Well it did and there's nothing else to do but move on, if I'm not dwelling on it neither should you," Hyuna picks up Moonbyul's chin to lift it up and tip-toes up to capture the girl's lips one last time before spinning her whole body around and push her forward. "Go and don't look back, I'll kill you if you look back," Hyuna chuckles. 

Moonbyul gathers her courage and takes little steps forward towards the front door, she attempts to look back at Hyuna one last time until Hyuna stops her. 

"Don't you dare look back you idiot," Hyuna's stern voice makes Moonbyul spin her attention back to the front. Moonbyul opens the door and stops midway out of the doorsteps. 

"Thank you unnie," Moonbyu's voice breaks and closes the door quickly. Once the door closes, Hyuna's legs gave out and she slides onto the floor, letting her tears fall freely. 

"I'll see you around Moonie-ah,"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although Hyuna says she sees it, Moonbyul still felt unsure about Solar's feelings. Maybe Solar does have feelings for Moonbyul but exactly does she want? Will they be able to be together peacefully? In this current societ of South Korea? Moonbyul starts biting her nails out of distress and Solar sees it. 

"Stop that," Solar said. Moonbyul looks over to Solar, confused. "Stop biting your nails, it'll look ugly on broadcast," 

"...oh," Moonbyul awkwardly says and lets go of her nails. They were both doubtful and confused children and Wheein was attaining a clearer picture of the situation behind her in the van. Moonbyul wasn't sure what she was going to do with Solar but she decided to take one step at a time.