Acceptance Part 1.

It's The Only Way

Solar's problems continued to rise the more she overthought and her palms started to get sweaty as she was pacing around the whole dorm.The fact that Moonbyul stopped responding to their conversation over text didn't comfort Solar either.

Then the thought of Moonbyul made her suddenly remember her feelings for Moonbyul again and came to a realization. It was the thought that she can't keep prolonging and running away from her problems, especially when they were hurting other people. The best thing she could do right now was to end things on behalf JB and make things less complicated for herself, especially if they were going to affect how things were going to be between Moonbyul and her. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

A few hours passes by and Solar was seen making her way out of the dorm with her face fully covered by a black dusk mask, her eyes entirely hidden with a dad hat hung low. Her heart beat was started to make her feel uncomfortable in her own skin as the duration between her and JB's location decreases. 

She locates JB's personal studio which he recently had just set up for producing music. She makes her way into the alley way and knocks on the only door built on the side of the huge building, divided by a gate. She could feel the cold sweat developing through her body as she waits for JB to open the door. 

After what feels like a few hours, the door opens up and Solar could see an equally nervous JB, peeking his head out from behind the door. 

"Hey," he says softly. "Come in," he widens the opening of the door to welcome Solar inside. She stumbles inside quietly, avoiding his gaze while removing her dust mask. The softly wooden based lit room was empty, showcasing the new purchase of its owner. "Sorry, there's nothing in here right now, I only got a couch inside there," JB points towards another door iniside the building. 

"It's...cozy," Solar awkwardly commented. She invisibly slapped herself inside of her head for making things so much more awkward than it already is. JB proceeds to open another door towards a smaller room, revealing a small loveseat for Solar to sit on. 

"Make yourself comfortable," he smiles at her. 

"I'm sorry, I don't think I'll be staying too long," Solar states, JB's heart tugged a little, the statement meant more than how it was voiced. 

"Oh, I'm sorry," JB mumbled. 

"No, I'm the one that needs to apologize," Solar started. "Oh God, where did this strength came from?" Solar thought to herself. She was moving the process alot faster than she planned. Perhaps it was because she just wants to end this as quick and simple as possible so that JB wasn't going to be hurt more than he already was. 

"I understand-," JB starts but Solar cuts him off. 

"I can't do this anymore," Solar says. "I'm sorry for everything, I shouldn't have started anything with you if I was just going to end up hurting you when I wasn't even ready to date anyone," Solar spills, unknowingly, her fingers started to form a strong fist with both hands. JB stood there silently, trying to digest the situation, he somewhat knew deep down this was going to happen and he knew the reason why as well. It was about what he had seen before during the filming of the Idol Star Athletics Championships.

He grits his teeth and smiles. "I understand if you lost feelings, I understand if you just need time to yourself, you don't have to feel so bad about it...I just understand," JB lies. He also was just trying to end things as smooth as possible so that Solar doesn't live with the guilt but he was testing her, giving her a chance to tell him the truth on why she was trying to end things suddenly. 

They both stood there in silence, Solar not knowing what to say because she was scared to even say anything. She feared telling anyone about her and Moonbyul but will she feel guilty not telling JB the truth? Would it hurt him more if she didn't tell him the truth? 

"It's fine this way, I don't regret it, thank you Solar-shi," JB decides to speak up. He was disappointed in Solar, at least she could've told him the truth instead of hiding things. 

"N-no," Solar mumbles. JB was caught by surprise. "I....I-I have something to tell you," She starts. "T-the reason for...any of this...is because...I was lying to myself and this had caused me to lie to you and everyone that I cared about." 

"What do you mean? JB questions. 

"I realized that there was something I was running away from this whole time and I have finally just started to accept these new parts of myself and...it makes me happy and scared at the same time to be discovering these things I never knew about myself until now but...I feel right accepting these new feelings. It's just that... right now, ending things with you is what I also feel is the right thing to do," Solar holds her head up high, making direct eye contact with JB. Surprisingly, Solar's eyes were shining proud and brightly at JB, but the best part was that his eyes were shining right back at her. He was sad but he was proud. 

At that moment in time, Solar's eyes started to tear up and she felt overwhelmed by confusion. JB walks slowly towards her and wraps his arms softly around the shorter girl that was covering her crying face. 

"Thank you," JB says. "I don't get this a lot from you but, I'm happy that you were able to reveal a genuine part of yourself to me, it's all I can ever ask for," 

Solar cries even harder. She was surprising herself from the emotions that she was feeling and that words that came out of which she had never developed before. 

After a few minutes, JB lets go of Solar, helping her wipe away her tears. They both make eye contact for a few seconds before both smiling at each other. 

"I'm so sorry once again," Solar says. "I just also want to be able to be honest with you but...a part of this is because of someone in my life," solar confesses. 

"I know," JB says, shocking Solar. 

"W-what do you mean you know?" Solar's shoulders starts to tense up from nervousness and fear. 

"It's okay, if she is able to make you feel like your honest self, I already lost," JB chuckles. 

"WAIT, WAIT, WAIT," Solar starts to freak out. "HOW DO YOU KNOW?!"

"I saw you two," JB confesses. "At the Idol Star Championship." 

Solar freezes, her body and mind shutting down from embarassment. JB sees this and continues laughing harder. 

"Hey, I support you, if she and this makes you happy then I only wish the best for you," JB assures Solar. 

"...you would've made such a good boyfriend," Solar comments. 

"Yah, don't tempt me, I'm already hurt enough, don't go and say those types of things to me." JB jokes. 

"Oh, I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you or anything, I wasn't aware of my actions and its consequences," Solar apologizes again. 

"You're fine, I was able to learn a few things about myself as well. I'm just happy I was able to be a part of your journey to discovering new parts of you," 

Solar smiles at JB, somehow and somewhere, her feelings for him shifted and she found value in him as a friend. She respeced him wholeheartedly and this was something she didn't want to disappear. 

JB walks Solar out towards the gate, opening it for her before saying their goodbyes. Before officially leaving, Solar stops. "Can we be friends in the future?" she asks shamelessly.

"Of course," JB replies. "Only when I'm ready though," he says. 

"Y-yea! of course!" Solar retreats back awkwardly. 

"....I'm happy for you, really. I hope the best for you and that she treats you well," he says, like the ending of a chapter, JB was saying his closing statement. He opens his arms as Solar walks towards him, welcoming a hug. 

"Thank you JB-shi," Solar says before leaving his sight. 

Across the street, in the corner, a particular individual had been sitting in a two story cafe building, watching through the second story window, with confusion and anger...

---------------------------------------------------------