For the Time Being

It's The Only Way

Moonbyul woke up the next morning with puffy eyes but she was the first to wake up so she quickly fixed herself in the bathroom so that no one else would notice. While in the shower Moonbyul let out a sad chuckle to herself. 

She was wondering if it was true, has it really gotten to the point of where Solar was affecting her in a way that was forbidden? The only reason she cried last night was because she was mad at herself in many ways. First she was dishonest to herself for so long that it came to the point where she was feeling like she could jump off a bridge at the moment, second was she was dishonest to Solar and third was that she realized how limited her freedom was. She felt as if everything around her was going against her and she couldn't do anything about because in the end, she was only a tiny human on earth, she was only a friend to Solar and worse of all, she was only a girl. She felt so empty that tears started streaming down. 

Unknowingly, Moonbyul landed a loud punch at the wall in front of her which woke up Wheein in the next door room. Wheein became surprised and saw that Moonbyul wasn't in her bed and assumptions started running through her head after she remembered how Moonbyul was crying in her sleep. 

"Unnie!" Wheein knocked on the bathroom door. When no answer was heard Wheein started to worry more."Byul-unnie!" Wheein started banging on the door a little louder. Hwasa woke up and groggily got up from the noise.

"What's going on?" she asked Wheein.

"I heard a loud noise and Byul-unnie isn't-" Wheein started freaking out when the door peeked open.

"I'm okay, I just dropped something, that's all," Moonbyul said with a towel warpped around her body and smiled, assuring Wheein that everything was alright. "Why are you freaking out so much Wheein-ah," Moonbyul chuckled.

"S-sorry, I over reacted," Wheein smiled but deep down she knew something was going on with Moonbyul. Their schedule for the day was simply to travel to Busan to perform for the 29 Second Film Festival, it wasn't something Moonbyul couldn't handle with at least 2 hours of sleep since she cried the rest of the other hours before she fell asleep from exhaustion. 

Moonbyul was upset, she was definitely upset about last night with Solar and JB's news but she still couldn't get a clear idea if she...liked Solar? She didn't want to risk throwing herself into further confusion, she needed better and clearer answers for herself and so she carried on the day acting perfectly normal. However, from the side was Wheein, constantly keeping an eye on Moonbyul who seem to be perfectly fine from last night. Wheein started to become paranoid with what could exactly be going on with Moonbyul for her to act like this. 

After they performed Ahh Oop and Mr. Ambigous at the festival Hwasa gave them the idea to visit the famous Busan city beach, Gwangalli. After begging their manager a few times they finally arrived at a late time of the night yet none of the girl seemed to be tired, but Moonbyul deep down was starting to feel sleepy but pushed through the idea in order to not give anyone the idea that she wasn't okay. 

"Hey we should filmed this for the Mamamoo tv! We haven't updated in a while!" Hwasa announced. 

"Oh yea! I'll use my phone!" Wheein squealed. They messed around at the beach where fortunately was barely anyone in sight so they could play to their heart's content. Moonbyul stole a lot of glances at Solar which Wheein sometimes noticed but she brushed the idea off. When they filmed a section where they would say what they wanted to tell eachother, Moonbyul took this chance to hug Solar close to her but Solar didn't think of it as anything else since they've always been close. Moonbyul wanted to test herself, she had also been wanting to have Solar close to her. 

Moonbyul came up close to Solar's ears and whispered "I love you, Solar," 

This sent a chill down Moonbyul's spine once she actually dared to say it, she usually say those greasy things to Solar as a gesture of tease and friendship but tonight was different.

Little did Moonbyul know, this also sent a chill down Solar's spine so it took Solar a few moments to snap out of her sense and realize that they were still filming.

"Ah," Solar said, letting out a giggle for fan service.

"What did she say?" Wheein asked, unable to hear the whisper that was two people across.

"I love you," Hwasa joined in and they laughed at each other and messed around some more before moving onto grabbing korean street food. While Solar was filming with Wheein, Moonbyul walked behind them, her heart has yet to rest from her little dare earlier and she coudln't think straight as of currently. She looked up from the ground and her eyes instantly glued onto Solar's back, watching her derp around with Wheein. Without paying attention she bumped into Hwasa who stumbled a couple steps foward.

"Ow! Byul-unnie!" Hwasa regained her steps and gave Moonbyul a confused face.

"Oh, sorry," she said with a melotone voice.

"Unnie, are you looking where you're stepping?" Hwasa asked, noticing that Moonbyul wasn't even looking at Hwasa when she apologized. Monbyul kept walking pass Hwasa which left the younger girl speechless. "What the heck," she shrugs her shoulder. When they were filming for their street food adventures, Hwasa pulled Wheein to the side when Solar and Moonbyul were busy filming themselves eating. 

"Wheein," Hwasa whispered to her best friend.

"Hmm?" Wheein managed to reply while chewing down on the dubokki. 

"Does Byul-unnie seem off to you?" Hwasa said, this caught Wheein's attention and she lowered her food.

"You notice too?" 

"Yea, I mean she bumped into me earlier but her attention seems to be somewhere else when she was talking to me, it was kind of scary,"

"That's weird, I didn't want to say anything but...," Wheein trailed off her words which annoyed Hwasa, causing her to be more curious.

"What is it? Hurry and say it," the blonde haired girl shook her best friend's arm.

"Okay! stop...last night, Byul-unnie was crying," 

"Huh? why? how come we didn't hear about this?" Hwasa grew concerned.

"It was when we were all asleep, she was crying for hours, I woke up in the middle of the night because of it,"

"Didn't you ask her why? Weren't you worried?" Hwasa scolded Wheein.

"Of course I was! But did you wonder why none of us knew about it? She was trying to hide it, I assume that if she wanted to hide it then I have to take into consideration to keep it that way, maybe it's better that way for now," Wheein knocked on Hwasa's head as she shook her head to agree. "So, let's just keep watching over her, but it's better to leave it alone, it's her business," 

"Okay, good idea," Hwasa agreed and they quickly ended their conversation before Solar called them over. They played until sunrise which wasn't good for them considering they had a schedule in a couple hours. Mamamoo quickly ended their mini journey and headed back to the dorm to sleep. While getting ready for bed Solar went to Moonbyul who was busy cleaning up their kitchen since they each had a little snack before getting ready for bed. 

"Byul-ah," Solar called to her. Her voice gave Moonbyul the chills once again and she tried to look normal in looking at Solar in the eyes. "Can I sleep with you for tonight?" she asked.

No matter how much Moonbyul saw this as a bad idea, she wouldn't dare to say no to Solar. They ended up sharing the same blanket and pillow, what made the matter worse was that Solar had no intention of giving Moonbyul space. As soon as they laid down, Solar instantly cuddled up to Moonbyul, burying her head onto the crook of Moonbyul's neck which made the younger girl hold her breath. Moonbyul could tell this was going to be a long night/day. As much as Moonbyul was in need of sleep, she wasn't regretting being in the position she is right now. A couple of hours in, everyone in the dorm was dead asleep except for Moonbyul who was enjoying the scent of Solar's shampoo and their arms warpped around each other. Her eyes were wide open and she knew she was going to regret this in a couple of hours.

But for the time being, Moonbyul knew that she never wanted to let the sleeping Solar go. 

-------------------------------

Just as Moonbyul predicted, she ended up not getting even a second of sleep. When Solar started stirring in Moonbyul's arms because of her phone alarm clock Moonbyul quickly closed her two panda eye, pretending as if she was sleeping. Solar blinked a couple times and stretched her arms, causing her to move Moonbyul's arms on purpose. When Moonbyul pretended as if she was still asleep Solar tries to wake her up.

"Yah, are you that heavy of a sleeper?" Solar shook Moonbyul's arms. Without any reply Solar grunted. "Ugh, you . Wake up already Byul-kong," Solar tries again to shake Moonbyul's arms with a little more motion.

"Unnie, give up, let's just shower first," Wheein says as she was folding her blanket and making her bed. Wheein heads out to the living to call Hwasa up.

"I know you're faking it poopface," Solar whispers as soon as Wheein left, but still no reply from the "sleeping girl". Frustrated, Solar sat up and a smile formed devilishly. She leaned close to Moonyul's ears and gave it a soft blow. Moonbyul shot up from the bed, hitting Solar's head in the process.

"Ow!" Solar held her forehead in pain, a little proud that her little trick worked. Moonbyul was still in shock and started blushing while holding onto her ear.

"Don't do that!" Moonbyul yelled. 

"Maybe if you would just wake up instead of playing games with me!" Solar hits Moonbyul's arms and went back to rubbing her red forehead. Moonbyul started feeling guilty and reached for her forehead.

"Sorry, does it hurt?" Moonbyul pulled Solar a little closer and leaned closer to take a look at Solar's head. For some reason Solar's heart started to race a little, she felt funny in her stomach. Caught off guard, Solar pushed away Moonbyul's hands away softly and got off the bed. Moonbyul looked at her confused. 

"S-stop messing around, we gotta head to the studio," Solar stuttered and left the room. 

"Did I do something wrong?" Moonbyul wondered to herself and left the room to get ready too. 

----------------------------

Somehow, Moonbyul was managing to go through the day with her schedule with barely any sleep. She was doing fine at the KBS shooting with their sunbae, Esna and she was messing around like normal in orrder to keep herself awake. During their break in the waiting room Esna came to visit them and the members started getting rowdy again. Everyone sat down and gathered around Esna to talk about life. 

"Unnie, how;s your love life going?" Hwasa started teasing Esna.

"Yah, what love life? The last ex got me scarred for a while," Esna gave the younger girl a salty face. "He's stupid and can go fall into a hole," she confidently joked.

"Eyy, you're strong," Wheein and Hwasa said in sync. 

"What about you guys?" she asked back and everyone looked at Solar. The leader took notice of this and started backing up.

"W-why are you looking at me?"

"Don't pretend you don't know why!" Wheein said.

"What do you mean?" Solar said, actually not knowing why.

"JB-oppa and Solar-unnie are totally hitting it off!" Hwasa said. The topic caught Moonbyul's full attention and she no longer felt sleepy, she wanted to walk out of the conversation. When they mentioned JB, Solar finally remembered about the boy. 

"What? the tumbling boy? Tell us all about it!" Esna started getting excited. Solar started getting flustered.

"Well, he asked me out on a date the other day," Solar revealed. Everyone started to get rowdy and throwing Solar questions about him. Moonbyul felt hurt and she no longer wanted to be in the room, she stood up which caused everyone to look her at.

"What's wrong?" Hwasa asks Moonbyul.

"What? I just need fresh air, I didn't get too much sleep," Moonbyul tried to act as normal as possible and quickly left the room. Wheein could see something was up and Solar felt a little sad to see Moonbyul act a little weird. 

"Tell me more about the boy!" Esna took their attention away and back to the topic. 

Once Moonbyul was outside she could feel herself forming a headache, she just wanted to go back home. From the idea of "home" Moonbyul thought of the idea of her hometwon. She her handphone and searched for her bestfriend from her hometown. When she found Minju's name on her screen she sent her a quick text. She felt stuffy, she wanted to go back home for real fresh air. 

She needed help. 

---------------------------------