The Aftermath

It's The Only Way

After Solar headed outside of the apartment complex, she hadn't realize that she was holding her breath until she arrived on the ground from the elevator. Was this because of the kiss? Just because it's a kiss is why Solar is feeling this way is what she was trying to tell herself. 

Solar kept walking with many thoughts in her mind as she was heading towards the meeting place with JB. It was an old undergound recording studio, JB's friend owns it so there was privacy for them. 

"Solar-shi," JB smlie turned wide when he saw Solar walking through the door. Solar greeted JB's friend and he left them alone. "That's surprising that you wanted to recorded today," he said to her. 

They honestly had talks in collaborating for a duet since they were both vocals but JB didn't think it was going to happen anytime soon. He was purely excited as Solar set her things down and they began talking about what song they should cover. However, it didn't go as smoothly because JB noticed that Solar became a little weird. She was distancing herself from him, it wasn't a matter of personal space. It was a matter of a big gap between them. 

When they started recording Solar found it difficult to find her pitches in the song and acted upon frustration. JB has never seen her like this before and it was worrying him. 

"Let's take a break," JB said as he pressed onto the mic for the studio, signalling Solar to come back to the other side. Solar knew she was messing up and felt bad for JB. As they sat down onto the couch, JB grabbed them a cup of cold water to cool Solar down. 

"JB-shi. I'm really sorry. For today and the other time when I left you early too," she said with her head down. She had too many thoughts about Moonbyul that nothing was working for her. She just either wanted to see the girl again and confront her about the kiss or lay down on her bed with her covers hiding her from the world. 

"It's okay. I can see that you're having hard times for personal reasons," JB awkwardly smiled at her. "Is something the matter?"

"Just...things that happened," Solar mumbled. She looked at JB for a very long time then a disturbing idea ran into her head. Maybe if she kisesd JB, then it would provide some answers to some questions she had? She wasn't even sure for herself and she wanted to slap herself for having the idea of using JB. 

"Solar-shi, can I sing for you a song?" JB asked. Solar blushed a little at the sudden present. 

"Sure, go ahead,"

JB cleared his throat and sang the famous song "SOME". It reflected their relationship and Solar got a little awkward because she knew why he chose that song to serenade her. Once he was done he looked at Solar. 

"Solar-shi, this is selfish of me to say but...will you be my girlfriend? I don't think I can wait any longer," he confessed. He had sincere eyes that Solar couldn't reply to. Solar was about to say something when JB suddenly leaned in and kissed her. Frozen at the action, Solar didn't know what to think. 

JB saw it in her eyes, waiting for Solar's reply would mean he would have to wait even longer and he didn't know what came over him but he did it. He kissed her. Because if he kissed her then maybe his hopes of being able to be officially with her now will increase. 

-------------------------------------------------------

"Omo, you look so good in this hair!" Hyuna started to poke around Moonbyul's hair, playing with the blonde ends. 

"Stop it, I'm getting a headache again," Moonbyul sarcastically shooed her away. After Solar left, Moonbyul was taken aback at the unsure feeling of faded memories so she also decided to leave the dorm after being bored there. Of course she went over to Hyuna's because she remembered how she promised Hyuna that she would spend time with her as soon as she got free time from practice. 

"I haven't seen you in a while and that's how you treat me?" Hyuna whined while pouting. 

"Aegyo doesn't work on me," Moonbyul pushed Hyuna's forehead away from her face. Causing Hyuna to grab Moonbyul's arm and pulled her closer. 

"Does Solar's aegyo work on you?" Hyuna asked as she placed her face close to Moonbyul. The mood got serious and Moonbyul walked away.

"That's not funny. I don't want to talk about her right now," 

"That was a joke! What's wrong?" Hyuna followed after Moonbyul who walked into the bedroom and wrapped her arms around Moonbyul's wait from behind. Moonbyul was a little surprise that Hyuna was being a little more touchy than usual. 

"She was acting super weird this morning...I feel like I did something wrong last night when I was drunk,"

"Hmm...maybe you seduced her when you were drunk so she feels a little awkward around you," Hyuna let go of Moonbyul and picked up the cat on the bed to pet it. 

"Oh , do you think I could've?" 

"I'm just kidding...but you know...you're more likely to be honest when you're drunk? Statistics show," Hyuna teased Moonbyul even more. Moonbyul let out a big sigh and messed up her hair in more frustration. She's been messing her hair up so much, she believes she was gonna go bald soon. 

"Are you sleeping over tonight?" Hyuna asked.

"Huh? I think I have a schedule tomorrow...," Moonbyul said. Making Hyuna frown, she teases Moonbyul a lot but she really did miss the girl from the missing days of them hanging out. Moonbyul just stayed at Hyuna for the rest of the night while they cooked, cleaned and watched a movie together. During the middle of the movie Hyuna let out a happy giggle. 

"What are you smiling about?" Moonbyul said, looking at her weirdly. 

"Nothing," Hyuna concentrated on the movie again. 

"Tell me," Moonbyul whined while she nudged at the older girl. 

"It's just....spending time with you like this...feels like we live together. Like a married couple," Hyuna cutely said the last phrase while looking at Moonbyul. 

"You think so? It's true that it can be lonely when you live alone," Moonbyul point it out. 

An idea popped up into Hyuna's head. "Do you want to move in with me?" she nudged Moonbyul's arm. 

"I don't want to!" Moonbyul exclaimed, making Hyuna frown and she made a face where she looked like she was about to cry. 

"Araso, I'm kidding! I can't, the agency told us it's required for us to live together for now, plus I don't have the money," Moonbyul laughed at the thought of how broke she was. Broke enough to not be able to support herself yet. 

"I guess that's true too," Hyuna said, defeated. She would've loved the idea of them living together. She wanted to know more about Moonbyul; how she lives, her morning face, how many arguments they could get into. Everything. 

After the movie was done they sat their in silence, looking at the credits until Moonbyul's phone vibrated. 

"Aigoo, that was an alarm. I gotta get home to catch some sleep for the schedule tomorrow," Moonbyul started to clean up her things and stand up from the couch when Hyuna pulled Moonbyul back down. 

"Wait, don't go yet. I want you to stay," Hyuna begged. Moonbyul found that Hyuna was acting too cute today that it was weird. What's wrong with her today? 

"I need to sleep!" Moonbyul stated.

"Sleep here!"

"I don't have stuff packed for tomorrow!" Moonbyul argued back. 

"I hate you!" Hyuna let go of Moonbyul's arm and crossed her arm and sat away from Moonbyul. Moonbyul let out a chuckle at the childish behavior and moved closer to her. 

"Yah," she nudged at Hyuna's back. No response. "Yah," she poked at her again.

"Do you like me yet?" Hyuna's sudden question threw Moonbyul off. 

"...,"

"I said if you liked me?" Hyuna said again as she turned around to face Moonbyul. Moonbyul was a little scared of the way Hyuna was acting, a little too different form her usual self. 

"We talked about this...," Moonbyul turned away from Hyuna. When they talked about how their "some" relationship started, Moonbyul stated the facts that she won't guarantee anything that can and will happen to them. This meant that she won't be talking about her feelings about "liking" or "loving" anyone other than the fact that they talked about Solar. 

"It's late. I'm sorry, I have to head back," Moonbyul wanted to end the conversation quick but Hyuna softened her voice. 

"Because I really like you Moon Byulyi," Hyuna said, this made Moonbyul's heart break a little. She felt bad. Of course she felt something for Hyuna but she can't be sure of what it is yet and she was afraid to clear it up. What if she messes up and hurts Hyuna? 

Moonbyul looked at Hyuna in the eyes and reached out for her to gently wipe the side bangs that was covering the side of Hyuna's face away. 

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry but I can't put a firm stand on what I feel right now. I do love spending time with you, you make me feel good. But I can't offer what you need right now unnie," Moonbyul started. Maybe it was time to end this. Looking at Hyuna right now was braking Moonbyul's heart. 

"If it's for the better...maybe we should stop this. I'll stop bothering you and I can leave you alone if you want because I'm only hurting you," Moonbyul sugggested. The moment when Moonbyul said those words, Hyuna panicked. She definitely knew she didn't want to let Moonbyul go right now because it wasn't like she had 0% chance to be with Moonbyul. Hyuna knew she at least at a 5% hope of having Moonbyul's heart. 

Hyuna as speechless so she just sat there with sad eyes. Moonbyul took this cue to actually leave Hyuna alone to think. When Moonbyul started to get up Hyuna unintentionally took ahold of both of her hands and pulled her back down again. 

Out of shock and fear, Hyuna cupped Moonbyul's face with her own two hands and crashed their lips together. Moonbyul was too shock to move anywhere and anything. 

With the same familiar feeling but different tastes, Moonbyul remembered. 

She finally remembered. 

----------------------------------

That was super short and I apologize but I plan for longer and bigger things to happen in the next chapter lol

hope you guys enjoyed it!