It Just Started.

It's The Only Way

It's been one year since Mamamoo made their debut, their journey was difficult since they came out during a time where idols were flooding in from right to left. 

Results came back better than expected ever since they made a comeback with their Pink Funky album, their fans were loyal and supporting and senior celebrities gave them so much love, Mamamoo couldn't have asked for more. Their schedules became busier and their sleep started to decrease, however none of the girls were complaining. The stage was where Mamamoo belonged. 

However, things started long before they started their filming for Um Oh Ah Yeh. For Moonbyul, things only got more complicated. Mamamoo spends a lot of their time reading comments and posting on their fancafe, their dedication lies with their fans, not the chart rankings. This started with everyone in Mamamoo making jokes and references according to what they read on their site and what their fans played around with.

Moonsun was one of the popular jokes.

Of course Moonbyul played around with Solar just as much as everyone joked about but they were already close that was why the jokes were okay. Although not as close as Wheen and Hwasa, Solar and Moonbyul did support each other through ups and downs. 

When Moonbyul decided her path towards rapping, Solar was the one who helped made that decision. When Moonbyul couldn't get over how she couldn't go far with singing like the rest of them, Solar sat at the Han River with her for hours while she cried and blamed herself till sunrise. Solar was the one she woke up to that day. When she missed her parents Solar would lie to the management so that Moonbyul could catch a train to Bucheon for a day. When Moonbyul was depressed at the dorm, Solar would make her go out and enjoy the outside world for fresh air. 

No one had ever put in so much effort for Moonbyul before other than her best friend from her hometown. Moonbyul was grateful and proud to call Solar her guardian angel. However, she didn't expect her heart to go and betray her. 

The night after they had just finish mastering the choreography for Um Ah Oh Yeh, Solar was never the strong dancer so she decided to stay behind and practive some more. Moonbyul didn't want to leave her so Wheen and Hwasa went out to grab dinner first. 

Sitting down, leaning her back against the mirror, Moonbyul watched Solar's movements, correcting her if she makes any potential mistakes. However, Moonbyul saw a flawless Solar who only thought she was dancing horribly. The way she moved her body with the music and her worried expression to fix everything, Moonbyul unawarely formed a grin. 

"Why are you smiling? Do I look stupid?" Solar stopped dancing and grunted. Moonbyul snapped out of her gaze and dropped her smile.

"What, I never said that," Moonbyul said defensively. 

"You sure look like it," Solar rested her hands on her hips as she leaned in a sassy posture.

"Why are you assumin'? I'm not allowed to smile without the CEO around?" Moonbyul joked, reference to how the company told her to refrain from smiling too much on tv. Solar let out a giggle.

"You're stupid, help me if I look stupid, don't just laugh by yourself," Solar gestures for Moonbyul to get up. Moonbyul made a face and slide her back down further against the mirror, looking like she wasn't ready to get up anytime soon. "Yah, what's with that face, it's ugly, put it away," Solar insulted.

"Don't tell me what to do," Moonbyul stuck her tongue out and slide down further, almost as if she was laying on the ground.'Help me up if you want help with the choreo, an eye for an eye,"

Solar grunted and walked towards Moonbyul, giving Moonbyul both of her hands to grab in order to pull the taller girl up from the ground. Moonbyul reached out and they were both ready to use each other to help pull Moonbyul up. Things couldn't go any worse when Moonbyul's pull had much more force, causing Solar to fall down and collaspe right onto Moonbyul who let out a huge grunt and Solar shrieking. 

"OW! Yah! You're so wea-", Moonbyul complained until she opened her eyes and met with Solar's gaze. Moonbyul's face was a couple centimeters from Solar and their body was so close they could feel each other's body heat. For some reason, neither of them moved from their awkward positions. 

Moonbyul could feel something really strange happening to her, she kept gazing at Solar's lips, something inside her head was telling her to lean a little closer but her body wouldn't move. 

Suddenly the door opens and their manager came in with cups of coffee in her hand. At that moment, Moonbyul and Solar fidgets on the floor and hastingly pulls away from each other as quickly as possible, as if they were caught commiting a crime. Their manager looked at them weirdly and shrugs.

"What's up with you two, it's so awkward I can feel the awkward angels singing in this room, did you two fight?" 

"N-no, I just tripped, that's all," Solar stuttered. Their manager could smell something was up but decided to drop the topic.

"Whatever, here are some cups of coffee, Hwasa and Wheein are safe and sound at the dorm with their food, whenever you guys are done, call me, I'll be in my office, probably sleeping," their manager stated and proceed to place their drinks on a desk.

"Thanks unnie, you can go home and rest, we'll probably be while so we can walk back to the dorm," Solar says.

"What if you guys get kidnapped, it'll be my responsibility, I'm ready for that commitement yet," their manager says fearingly. Solar let out a laugh.

"Hul, calm down, we'll be together, Moonbyul can fight off bad guys," Solar nudges Moonbyul who gave her a "Wtf" face.

"Fine, I'm sleepy anyways, I gotta go recheck your guys' schedule for tomorrow, I guess I'll head out early, I was only joking, remember to use the pepper spray that I gave you two, g'night," their manager threw a peace sign and left the awkward two girls in the studio. The room was quiet again and no one was saying anything. 

Solar cleared and stood up. "You're stupid for having so much more strength than I do," Solar said, walking towards the piano that was set up. Moonbyul was lowkey glad that Solar broke off the tension. 

"Your fault for being so weak, hit the gym more so I don't have to beat all the bad guys off for you," Moonbyul joked back. "That really hurt my head though," she stood up and walked over to Solar while rubbing the back of her head. "We should head home soon too, we have to get up early tomorrow for the photoshoot," Moonbyul says while packing up her belongings. 

"One more song," Solar smiles as she gracefully places her fingers on the eletric piano. "Love Is You," started to play smoothly from the instrument. Moonbyul sighs and leaned on the table in front of the piano, watching her close friend perform. Moonbyul loved it when Solar performed this song, she knew this was one of Solar's most favorite song because it was also hers. Lyrics started to perform from Solar's mouth and that was when the only light Moonbyul saw was from Solar. The sun's light. The only light Moonbyul loved to be in.

After the song they walked together, side by side in the cold Janurary. Without warning Solar casually grabbed onto Moonbyul's hands and they walked home like that. Just two close friends on the same path. 

-------------------------------------

(Author's note)
I know this first chapter was short but I wanted to introduce the friendship first to start off smooth. Thanks for the subcribers and comments! I'll update as soon as possible! 
Thank you!