December 5th (night)

Hidden & Revealed

      "Jisoo-ah, where are you going?" Soonyoung called before I could even walked out of the apartment. "Dinner is almost ready."

       "Sorry, I just need some time to sort things out a bit. I'll be back." I grabbed my phone and took a deep breath before opening the door and stepped out. 

       Hoshi, Jeonghan, angels, humans, demons...

        My head hurt just from thinking back to the conversation we had at lunch. All of this happening in such a short time? I don't even know who to believe anymore. My best friend kept this big of a secret from me all these years? I guess this would explain why there are some nights when he was missing and I thought maybe he went  out to get a late night snack.

         The elevator door finally opened at the lobby, and I moved toward the entrance door, past the already-sleeping security guard. 

         I decided to wander around the neighborhood a little bit freshen up my mind. 

        Step by step, I got farther away from the apartment building. The air that night was a bit chilly and I almost regretted not wearing something thicker, but it was also quite nice to breathe in. There were hardly any stars out and the clouds were starting to block the moonlight. It's probably about to rain soon. 

        The streets were still pretty busy and families were having little strolls here and there. At times like these, I wondered what my life would be like if my parents were still alive. Would I have another brother or sister? Would I move out like now or stay with my parents? Would we be a happy family too?

        Soonyoung thought I was insane but sometimes I could feel my parents' presence and they're trying to reach out to me, asking for my help. That sounds ridiculous right? 

        I chuckled silently at myself for thinking weird things. 

        Speaking of weird things, my best friend just told me he is saving the world and I've encountered a real angel. I guess I'm not the only weird one around here.

       But then, why me? Out of all the people in this world, I, Hong Jisoo, had to have this fate?

       "Why does it have to be me?" I mumbled, kicking rocks and soda cans that were lying on the sidewalk. 

       Come to think of it, Soonyoung was about say something during lunch but Jeonghan came and interrupted him.  

       Something doesn't add up.

       If Jeonghan said he heard all of our conversation, then why did he choose to speak up at that exact moment?

       "Hey watch it! This jacket is new!" 

         I was so lost in thoughts that I didn't even noticed I had bumped into someone. He turned around and faced me with cold, serious eyes. He seemed to be around my height, although a bit more well-built. His hair was blonde, but it was obviously dyed, and swept to the right. He was wearing a black T-shirt with a black sleeveless leather jacket. He also had on black cargo pants, a bit tighter at the calves, and black hightops. It seems monochrome is a trend now. 

        "I'm so sorry. I was just sort of spacing out so I didn't notice you were in front of me." He stared straight at my eyes. The stare was so intense that it was like he was shooting lasers into my brain.

        "So you're the guy?" He spoke after a long staring contest. "Huh! You don't look like you're as powerful as they say." He scoffed. 

         "Excuse me?"

         "Watch your back kid. There are people in this world who will hunt you down no matter what." His face darkened. "But I guess that little angel guardian of yours will protect you. Not to mention that blonde brat." He took a step forward and as a reflex, I took a step backward, trying to avoid any danger. "However when the time is right, you will be awaken." 

         He turned around and began to walk away. "Oh one more thing! The name is Coups. S.Coups. We'll meet again soon...Joshua."  

         Joshua?

         Once he was out of sight, I quickly ran home without stopping or looking back. 

        "Jisoo-ah! Are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost!" Soonyoung exclaimed when I bursted through the doorway, rubbing my back as I tried to catch my breath. 

        "Soonyoung-ah, tell me,"  I began as soon as I was breathing normally again, "Wh-What do all of this have to do with me? The dream, you, Jeonghan, and now even this Coups guy is after me. Why me?!" My voice was raising without my intention but I just had to let it out. 

       "Coups? You've met S.Coups? Oh this is not good." He started pacing around the room and running his fingers through this hair. 

       "Soonyoung! Kwon Soonyoung!" I sighed. "Hoshi!" He finally snapped out of his madness and looked at me with a blank expression. "Just tell me who I am already! And who is this S.Coups? Why did he call me Joshua?"

       "Joshua?" He took a deep breath and sat down on the couch while I stood there next to him. "S.Coups is the leader of the Demon Warriors, the strongest of the demons, like Jeonghan with the angels. And Joshua," he paused, "that's the name of the real you. The one who will change everything."