December 10th (Human's World)

Hidden & Revealed

     I was relieved to be back in the comfort of my own apartment, but more importantly, Jeonghan was saved. He said that the Human's World is like a bridge in the middle of the Angel and Demon's World and because we have good and bad characteristics in all of us, our world is considered "neutral". 

     However I was a bit confused as to why we were back in the apartment and not the park or somewhere with more space.

     "You may be wondering why we're here right?" S.Coups asked. Is he some kind of mind reader? Though I'm not surprised if he is. Both he and Jeonghan can be really freaky sometimes. "Well we're here because we'll need Hoshi's aid also. A half-human, half demon like you still have human's power in you right? Although human's powers aren't as strong as ours, they are still the best at hand-to-hand combat, even better than Jun. So Hoshi can help you in that. By the way, where is that boy?"

     "I'm here!" the said guy popped out from behind his bedroom's door happily. "I'm glad I finally have the opportunity to serve the Joshua." He made a bow and flashed a beaming smile. Why is he acting like this today?

     "We tend to become more like our real self the closer we get to the battle day," Jeonghan informed. I almost forgot he can read minds. 

    So if this is close to the real Hoshi, then the real him must be even weirder than this.

     "What can I do to help?" Hoshi asked and examined me up and down. What is up with these people always looking at me with these judging eyes? I mean I might look weak but I can be really tough if I need to. 

     "Okay well as you already know, Joshua here is a hybrid warrior," S.Coups began, "therefore he has both the blood of a human and a demon. I figured if we're going to train him, he'll need help from both sides. And since you, Hoshi, you are the leader of the Human Army and have a connection with Joshua, you would be a great mentor for his human side."

     Hoshi nodded, his face was dead serious. Yup that is definitely not the guy I once knew as my best friend, yet seeing a new side of him was interesting. 

     "Aright fair enough. But then what will Jeonghan do?" 

     The angel looked up at the sound of his name. "Just think of me as Jisoo's bodyguard, or better yet, Angel Guardian." He made an emphasis on the last two words and gave me a small wink. Both S.Coups and Hoshi made vomitting faces at us and Jeonghan just rolled his eyes, while I felt my face burning up. 

     "Okay okay love birds, we don't have all day. It's time to train!" Hoshi made a fist in the air like a little kid an told us all to sit down on the floor. We sat  in a small circle, criss-crossed legs.  "Joshua, before we teach you how to unleash your powers, first you have to realize they exist. Close your eyes and take a deep breath." I obeyed. "Now focus your mind and body. Concentrate and don't think or do anything else. This next step might be hard for beginners. Gather your energy into the palms of your hands. It's alright if you fail at first try. It takes a while. Do you feel anything?"

      "I feel my hands getting a bit tingly and warm."

       "Good, that's what you're supposed to feel. You're a natural."

      "Is it natural to see images?"

       "Images?" This time it was Jeonghan's voice.

       "Yes. I see images of my dream. They seem so real I can almost touch it." Unconsciously, my right arm stretched out, trying to feel the dream.

      "JOSHUA! STOP! STOP! OPEN YOUR EYES!" S.Coups's voice startled me and I opened my eyes. 

      The apartment was no longer clean and neat like I remembered. It looked like someone had burned it down. 

      "W-What happened?" I was in a daze.

       "I told you not to do anything else," Hoshi growled as he stood up from the floor.

      "Jisoo-ah, your power was slowly warming up and by raising your hand, it must've taken that as a cue to release itself." Jeonghan calmly  announced. 

       I felt my stomach twisted. I almost burned the whole apartment down and hurt these people. My head hung low and I quickly gave an apolgetic bow. "I'm sorry guys. I promise I'll clean this up. I'm a failure!" 

      There was a silence, then I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Hoshis and he was smiling at me. "That's alright. Sorry I was so hard on you. My first training was worse than this. I was practicing my knife throwing and got too excited so I threw 5 knives at once. Two of them almost hit an old lady but my dad was quick to retrieve them before they could even reach her. At least no one is hurt. And the neighbors didn't seem to notice anything."

     I smiled, relieved that they weren't injured and not mad at me anymore.

     "But you said it yourself. You're cleaning up so go for it!" the Human Warrior slapped my back and laughed. I sent him a playful glare but quickly began my clean up. 

 

 

 

 

 Hi hi! Here's another chapter for you guys! We're half way through the story. Hope you're liking it so far. :) Thank you. 

  Quotes of the day! Oh and I've decided to write quotes not only for writing but for life too. ^^

  "Life is like a piano; the white keys represent happiness and the black show sadness. But as you go through life's journey, remember that the black keys also create music." - Ehssan.

   "Worry is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere." - Erma Bombeck.