December 6th (Angel World)

Hidden & Revealed

    "Open your eyes, Jisoo-ah. We're here," Jeonghan's soft voice shook me. 

     I slowly did what I was told, one eye at a time actually, and was amazed by the beautiful view in front of me. "Wow" was the only word I managed to get out. 

      "Welcome to Heaven!" A group of people, no, angels said in unison. They were all wearing white, similar to Jeonghan except different styles and the female angels were wearing dresses. 

      "Am I dead?" 

      Jeonghan laughed and patted my back gently. "You're not dead. Let's just say we're taking a small field trip to the Angel World." I nodded slowly, trying to comprehend what he just say.

      Heaven is more beautiful than I expected. Everything was bright and pastel, and the place I was in looked like a small town where everyone knows each other and no sign of danger at all.  To the right, I saw young angels who resembled human children playing tag and laughing on a small green field. Parent and grandparent angels sat on the front porch, watching them quietly from afar. On the left, there were who seemed to be farmers, except they weren't taking care of field crops or raising animals. Instead they were nurturing tiny balls of light.

      "Those are souls about to experience a new life in the Human's World," Jeonghan spoke. "All of these angels you see are of the good people who died, and unfortunately for some of them, died young" -he glanced at the young angels who didn't seem to be bothered by the fact that opportunity of living a long life didn't come to them. 

      "So does it mean you were once human too?" He nodded. 

      "But I would appreciate it if you don't mention it again. It was tragedy a long time ago." I was taken back by the cold tone in his voice that I didn't dare to speak another word after that. 

        "Anyways, Jisoo-ah, these are the other Angel Warriors that I have given to the job to lead." Jeonghan walked over to the line of angels who had greeted me before. "This is Seungkwan, The8, and Woozi. And over there" -he pointed to a group of female angels towards the opposite end of the line- "They are the first Angel female warriors there had ever been.Thanks to their speed and clever minds, they are the best fighters in my opinion, even though they tend not to fight with us until emergency calls. They're our secret weapons:  E-Young, Kaeun, and Yooara. Everyone, this is Joshua or Jisoo, the guy who is destined to change things." They smiled beamingly at me and I found myself getting a bit shy due to all the attention they're giving me.. 

       "We heard you were coming so we paused our training session for a while. Will you stay for a little lunch?" E-Young silently asked. She was wearing a white, sleeve-less, loose wrap dress with a brown leather belt in the middle and matching flats. I looked over at Jeonghan, wondering what I should do, and  he gave me a 'please stay' look, so I nodded. 

       They led me into a large white cottage house made with bricks. The house interior was just like any ordinary human's house except there was no floor or anything solid to stand on. Everyone was just flying around like there's nothing to it. I stared blankly at the clouds which took place as the base of the house. 

       "Oh I forgot to tell you we have no ground in the Angel World. The only reason you were able to stand out there was because every 2 hours, the clouds would turn solid for the new souls who just died and are still learning to fly. But that time is up for now. So if you want to be able to go anywhere"-Jeonghan held out his hand-"you're gonna have to hold on to me."

      I slightly blushed at the thought of skinship with him and slowly took his hand. For some reason, I could feel him smirking a little. Was this his plan? I mean he did say he likes me after all. I felt a small smile creeping up my face just thinking about his sudden confession. 

       "What are you smiling about? Don't tell me I'm making you so happy." Why is he teasing at a time like this?

      Jeonghan laughed and held my hand even tighter, not showing any sign of letting go, and made a leap towards the roof.  "Whoa! Slow down! You're gonna give me a heart attack!" He yelled and before I knew it, I was flying. The house was a lot more spatious than I thought. 

      "Next stop, to the kitchen!" That was when I noticed a pair of wings appeared behind Jeonghan's back. So this is his true form.

     We flew through a hallway, past a few works of art on the way until one caught my eyes. "Hold on." The angel stopped and let me look at the painting. It looked exactly like the battle in my dream but there was something else. I looked closely at the Demon army side and noticed that the guy leading them wasn't S.Coups. I squinted my eyes to examine his face closely and realized the guy I was seeing was...

     My father.

    "This was the previous battle and my father was in there." Jeonghan pointed to the guy in front of the Angels army. "We won that battle, thankfully. My dad decided to use the power he received from winning and built this small town. He figured since there will be more souls coming to our world, he can make it feel like home for them. And a lot safer."

      I looked back at the guy who resembled my father. Is this for real?

     "J-Jeonghan! Get him out of here now!" Unexpectedly, Seungkwan's voice boomed throughout the hall. 

     "Wait why?" Jeonghan stood in between me and the shorter angel. 

     "I sensed a dark presence here and when I came out, there was this aura surrounding Joshua."-he pointed at me- "Jeonghan he's not just human!"

     "I know that! But I can't help it. He's gonna change everything, remember? He's not as bad as you think!"

     "Who's not as bad as you think?" A figured appeared at the entrance door. His face appeared young and his body was well-built. 

     "Dad! You're home early!" Jeonghan quickly covered me. 

     "Yeah. Who are you hiding?"

     "Uh h-he's just a friend of mine. We're leaving now! Come on let's go." He grabbed my hand and led me past who I knew now as his father.

     "So his son is here huh?" Jeonghan froze, not turning back to face him. "The guy who will change things is his son. Interesting. I'd like to see how he will do so with this demon blood in him." 

     And with that, Jeonghan and I vanished back to the Human's World. 

 

 

 

Thank you new subscribers and upvoters. :) Unfortunately this is the last chapter before I go on a family vacation so I'm not sure if I'll be able to update next week. Therefore I wrote this chapter a bit longer (more than 1000 words wow). I'll try to get some things down during my trip but I can't guarantee there will be new chapter. I hope you guys like this story so far. Have a great summer and I hope you'll enjoy it. Even if you have summer school, try not to overwork yourself too much and enjoy summer because, well, it's SUMMER! Well annyeong! Thank you so much. And I know this can be pretty annoying but I hope you'll comment and maybe upvote too. Bye ^_^