December 5th (morning)

Hidden & Revealed

      "Jisoo-ah, wake up! You only have 15 minutes to get ready! School starts in 30 minutes and if you want us to catch the bus on time, you better wake up right now!" My roommate and best friend hollered out to me from outside my bedroom. 

     "Okay okay! I'll be out in a minute, Soonyoung-ah!" 

     Kwon Soonyoung, also known as one of the best dancers at Pledis High, is my best friend since as long as I can remember. My first impression of him? Well of course I thought he was a really good dancer and outgoing too. And honestly, quite loud. Many people are surprised that we're such good friends because we're total opposites. But I guess opposites do atrract. 

     I sat straight up from my bed and rubbed my eyes, letting out a few yawns here and there. The pain in my head hasn't stopped throbbing. 

     Lately I've been having the same terribly vivid dream over and over again. 

     In my dream, I saw two groups of men around my age, one was wearing white and the other was wearing black, and there seemed to be some sort of conflict going on between them. And sometimes I would see a figure that looked just like Soonyoung but not quite. This guy had blond hair and his eyes were something of a fierce predator, not very much like the Soonyoung I know. 

     Anyways, this Soonyoung-look-a-like guy was standing in the middle of the two groups, and it didn't seem like he had any plan of making peace between them. I don't know if it's because I've been watching too many action movies or something, but this dream is starting to freak me out because it's been appearing so frequently. 

     They say we dream 3-5 dreams per night but only remember a few, so why do I have to remember THIS specific dream? 

     "Yah! Hong Jisoo! Now you have 5 minutes to get ready! What are you doing in there?!" Another call from Soonyoung finally snapped me back to reality. 

     "Okay, I'm coming!" 

      I rushed to the bathroom, washed up in less than a minute, and ran back to my room. My uniform was already laid down on the bed. Soonyoung must've put it there, I thought. 

      I quickly put on my outfit, grabbed my backpack, and hurried out to the kitchen. I snatched a piece of toast out of Soonyoung's hand, despite his dead glare. 

     "Come on, let's go, Soonyoung-ah! No time to waste!" I stuck my tongue out at him.

     "Says the guy who spent 10 extra minutes in bed when he only had 15," my roommate mumbled, grabbing his bag, and we headed out of the apartment room together.

     Luckily, the bus was still there and we made it to school just in time. 

     "Alright! The teacher's not here yet. We have a bit time to spare. Geez Jisoo-ah, what were you doing up in your room?" Soonyoung complained, setting his bag down on the table. 

     "Sorry Soonyoung-ah. I've been having that same dream again."

      His face immediately darkened and he was avoiding eye contact. "Jisoo-ah, you know dreams are just dreams, right? There is no meaning in dreams except they're just tricks of the mind." His voice was surprisingly low, as if he was afraid somebody will hear. 

     "I know. It's just-"

     "It's just a dream. No meaning."

      "You're right," I let out an awkward laugh. "Dreams ARE seriously weird, eh?" 

      Soonyoung simply nodded and began to unpack his things. I decided to not speak anymore, seeing how the  mention of my dream changed him so quickly.

      The door swung open and everyone turned silent. 

      A woman, somewhere in her late-20s or early-30s, walked in and stood in front of the black chalkboard.

      "Hello, students," she spoke. "My name is Ms. Oh, your new homeroom teacher. I will be filling in for Ms. Park, who is out sick at the moment. I hope we can get along well." She gave a small bow and smiled. 

       "Hey, she seems nice. Hopefully she's a good teacher," I whispered to Soonyoung, who was now staring at the teacher like he was in a trance. "Yah, Soonyoung-ah! Kwon Soonyoung!" Not even a single movement from him. "Yah Hoshi!"

      Hoshi? Where did I get that from?

      Soonyoung finally snapped out of his "coma" and looked at me with a pale face. "W-What did you call me?"

      "I-I don't know. It just naturally came out. I-" 

      He sighed and closed his eyes. "I guess it is time you find out."

      "Find out what?"

      "Hey you two! No talking while the teacher is talking!" Ms. Oh yelled at us and I mouthed the word "sorry" to her before turning my attention back to Soonyoung.

      "I'm not as you think, my friend. And you, Hong Jisoo, are not what you think either."