December 6th (Human World)

Hidden & Revealed

     "Jeonghan, what was your dad talking about?" I asked once I was sure we were back at the park. I quickly glanced at my watch and realized no time had passed since we were gone. 

      "I-It's nothing. Parents say weird things sometimes you know?" His eyes were looking elsewhere and it frustrated me. Normally, I would be pretty calm about things but today was different. I was tired of everyone keeping secrets from me.

       Before I knew it, my fingers were curling around Jeonghan's shirt collar and his face was only inches away from mine. It was at that time that I realized his beautiful round chocolate brown eyes and  how pearly white his skin was. Just staring at him somehow soothed my anger but I didn't let go. 

      I let out a sigh. "Jeonghan-ah...just please tell me what is going on. I deserve to know too. Please." The sentence came out more as a beg than a command. 

      The angel stared right back at me. 

     Thump. Thump.

     Why does he have to be so cute at this moment?

     "Jisoo-ah, promise me that you won't leave once you find out the truth. And you will try your best to fight." He stared deeply into my eyes as if he's trying to see through my brain. My throat felt tight and it was hard to swallow. What kind of truth is this? It must be very harsh to be able to make me leave. But I have to know. 

      "I promise" was my reply as I let go of his collar and took a few steps back to give him some space after being so close to each other. 

      "Jisoo, or better yet, Joshua, you're not just any normal human being. You're more than that. The picture you saw of the battle between the angels and demons, that was the battle 10 years ago. The leader of the Angel Warriors was indeed my father. And the man you were deeply staring at was...your father. That's why Seungkwan sensed the darkness  surrounding you."

      I froze. A weird feeling in my chest occurred and my head was getting heavier by the second. It was hard to breathe and there was nothing to hold on to. Jeonghan hesitated a bit before continuing. 

     "From what I know, your father wanted to prevent this battle from happening a month before but his desire wasn't accepted by the Mistress of Power, Pledisa. But she later made a deal with him that if he manages to win this battle, she'll grant him one wish in which he can use to do whatever he wants with. However he did not win and all of his powers went to my father and his army."

     "Then where is he now?" I couldn't help but ask, though I knew the answer wouldn't be good. 

      "When an angel or demon's powers are taken away, they become humans who are locked up in prison in a place called Adeios, which is Greek for 'empty'. Humans can't last a hour in there but because this prisoners still have some demon or angel blood in them, they are able to survive for a little bit longer. Like I said, 10 Human years are 2 hours and 24 minutes for us. Jisoo, you might be able to save your father before the battle begins on the last day of the year. And I'm saying this because I like you and I want to help you."

      "What about my mom? Is she a demon too? Where is she?"

      "She is 100% human, I know that. But I have no news of her. I'm sorry."

     "Jeonghan-ah, why do you want to help me who is half-demon? I know you said you like me but isn't that against the Angel law or something? And why am I the one who will change things? Why me?"

     "Whoa slow down. You're asking too many questions but I'll answer them one by one. I've known that you have demon blood in you a long time ago and there had been times when I wanted to forget you but I couldn't. I guess I like you because you're you. Ever since when we first met, I've felt a special connection with you. That's all. And the reason why you're the one is because according to the Power Prophecy, there will be a hybrid warrior who is destined to have a very special and powerful ability to even compete against Pledisa. And that 's you."

      I rolled my eyes upward, calculating the information. Hybrid...special connection...Pledisa...power...me... Wait me?!

     "Yes you." I actually forgot Jeonghan can read minds.

     "So I have to fight Pledisa in order to prevent this battle?" He nodded, keeping a calm expresion. "Will I die?" 

      "I don't know. Possibly. But I'll be there to protect you." My eyes widened at the thought that there is a chance I might die. A cold chill ran down my spine. Jeonghan laughed a little, probably at my reaction. His laugh calmed me down a little bit. 

      I took a deep breath but before I could exhale, the angel suddenly pulled me towards him and wrapped his arms around me. "I'll protect you, Jisoo-ah. That's my promise to you."

 

 

 

Hi! So I finally got to update. I feel like I didn't do a very good job because it's been a whole week and I'm a bit rusty. But I will try to finish this story well before summer ends and I'll have to go back to school. And I'll be a freshman! Scared but excited! Any 2000-liner out there? Thank you for reading and subscribing everyone. :)