December 6th (present day)

Hidden & Revealed

    Soonyoung, or Hoshi,...leader of Human Warriors...

     Jeonghan...leader of Angel Warriors...

     S.Coups...leader of Demon Warriors...

     And me...Joshua...what am I exactly then? 

      Soonyoung said I'm the one who will change everything. But change what exactly?

    I adjusted my black scarf around my neck and rubbed my glove-less cold hands together. The park that day was quite deserted because it started to snow last night. I sat on one of the benches and began thinking things out. My life has certainly been a crazy ride lately. Everyday seemed to be different and I just can't figure why I'm in this mess in the first place. What am I suppose to change? Will I even have the power to change it? 

      I looked at my blue watch that used to be Soonyoung but he got bored of it after a few weeks. 10:04 A.M. 

     Since we didn't have classes that day, my roommate must still be sleeping and as a result, I'll get to have sometime to myself before he wakes up and call to know where I am. 

     "Jisoo?" I looked up from my watch and spotted Jeonghan coming my way. He was wearing the same white outfit as our first encounter, except now he had on a white scarf and his hair was tied into a low ponytail with a piece of hair shaped the right of his face. Unlike mine, his lips were of a light shade of red, almost pink, but his face looks a bit white. Maybe angels always look like this. 

     "Jeonghan, what are you doing here? Are you cold?" I scooted over to give him a space to sit.

    He chuckcled slightly as he took a seat next to me. "Funny. You asked me that 10 years ago too."

     I looked at him, confused, and that only made him laugh. He look really nice when he's happy. 

      "I guess you don't really remember when we first met. Maybe this will trigger your memory." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a child-size pair of white gloves. I grabbed and studied them for a while before it hit me. 

      "You were that weird boy at the park! The one who said no humans had seen him before! So it was you!" I started laughing, relieved to know that boy was Jeonghan and not some stranger, but then again, Jeonghan is pretty strange at times. 

      He laughed. "Yup that was me. And I've been keeping these gloves for ten years now. I made it one of my priorities to give them back to whoever the owner is. I'm glad the owner is you." He smiled and I smiled back. An awkward silence soon followed after that. 

      "So what made you come out here today?" Jeonghan thankfully broke the silence. 

      "Uhm just to get some air and freshen up my mind."

      "Look, Jisoo-ah, I know lately things have been very confusing for you. I can read your mind, that's one of my powers. But you don't have to keep it to yourself. You can tell me and I'll help you through it." 

     I stared at the angel, stunned at what he said, and took a deep breathe and began, "I feel like my life has never been normal since the day my parents died. Every year, especially near my birthday, I always have this absurd dream about a battle. You, Soonyoung, and even S.Coups were in there too. The battle was really intense and every time this dream appears, it always ends with someone dying. It scares to know that either you or Soonyoung won't survive if this battle actually happens. Do you know anything of this battle?"

      Jeonghan nodded. "Every ten years, there is a battle between Angel Warriors and Demon Warriors. A day in our world is 100 years in the Human's World, so ten years is only 2 hours and 24 minutes for us. That's why we have to train really hard, especially since I'm part of the new generation of Angel Warriors and leading them also. It's stressful but we have to fight."

     "Why? I mean what's the point in fighting with each other?"

     "It's for powers. Each time a warrior of an army dies, then the opposing army will receive their powers. That's all."

   "But isn't that a bit of a waste of your time? I mean what's the point in that? Good and evil are supposed to balance each other out right?"

     "Jisoo-ah, you don't know what having more powers feels like. My dad won one of the battles and now he's one of the strongest angels there are. I look up to him a lot."

    "I don't understand." I sighed. "If...If I'm the one who's going to change everything, then...I guess I'll change the battle rule!"  I gave my best determined look.

      Jeonghan grinned widely, and cutely. "I saw that coming. Alright Jisoo-ah, I have two things to tell you. One, I like you a lot, more than a friend, since the first day we met 10 years ago. Don't ask. We'll talk about it later. And two, I'm going to take you where your first step of changing the world will begin."