December 15th (Illusion World)

Hidden & Revealed

    I was so lost in my own thoughts that I hadn't noticed S.Coups creating an invisible shield, surrounding the area we were in.

    Brother?

    My father never told me anything about having a brother. But then if he is my brother, is he also half-human too? If yes, then why isn't he this Hybrid Warrior instead of me?

     "Because I have no human blood in me. I'm 100% demon." Oh shoot, he can read mind. "Technically we are paternal half-brothers. Same father, different mothers. My mom is a demon, that's why I'm not a Hybrid Warrior like you. And my birthday is on August 8, so I'm actually older by a few months." 

     "So how did m-I mean our father do this?"

     "Joshua, you have to understand that we're not from the same period in time. I left this world a long time ago, thanks to my mother. She did evil deeds in her time and was punished and became part of the Underworld. She didn't stop there and decided to drag me in along with her. She haunted me one night and I ran and ran quickly away. I hadn't noticed that I was already out of the house and into the street. It was so dark and I couldn't see where I was going. At the same time a car was driving at my direction. One thing led to another and I woke up in the Demon's World. Turned out even before they could take me to the hospital, my mother already took the chance and snatch my soul. Father died a while after due to depression." He sat down on the green grass and I did too. "One day, he suddenly disappeared. I never would've thought he left our world to come and join the humans. Do you understand my story so far, Joshua?"

    I nodded. But one thing doesn't add up. 

    "How did Dad end up in the Demon's World?" I was afraid to hear the answer but I need to know.

    "He killed someone. Don't know who but he did. And you might be asking how can a demon and a human have a baby? Well he made a deal with Pledisa to let him visit Human's World. She said everytime he visits this place, a little bit of his power will be drained.  Finally he made a deal with her to let him be with your mom and start a family. She agreed and used her magic to transform him into temporary human. Almost like the next life but not quite. However his powers were being taken away bit by bit. That could also explain why the Demon Army lost the last battle. I know all of these are confusing but it's the truth."

    I stared at the grass and thought deeply. Is this really the truth? It seems to make sense to me.

    "Okay enough talk! Let's get training!" He shot up and held a hand out to me. I grabbed it and was pulled up. "As seen before, your demon power is fire. So let's just practice each move at a time. The first move is creating fire balls. They tend to be quite small but there are a lot of them. The advantage of fire balls is that your opponent won't be able to see them coming but they are extremely powerful. In my opinion, this skill is very easy to manage but at the same time, it is also one of the most deadly. You ready?" 

    I nodded. He took a ready position with his right palm facing upward and his eyes closed. With his other hand, S.Coups placed it on top of his palm, close enough so that they don't touch. Slowly I saw a small spark and soon a round-shaped fire, the same size as a ping pong ball was created. The demon quickly threw it straight and hit one of the trees. Part of it turned into ashes.

    "Now that was a slow version for you. So to be able to do it quickly during battle and create more of the fire balls, you're gonna have to practice really hard. Okay now you try. Like last time, gather all of your energy into the palm of your hand."

      I obeyed and found that this time, I was able to control my power a little better.

    After training was over, S.Coups and I casually stepped out of the camouflaged barrier and I was relieved to find everything still the way it was.

   As we got closer to entrance, I saw a familiar white-clothed figure sitting on one of the benches. He seemed to be staring off into space but as we got closer, he turned around and flashed a beaming smile.

    "Jisoo-ah! You're done. And no visible injuries. Good!" The angel gave me a tight hug. I know he said he likes me and all but it took me by surprise that he seemed to care this much. 

    After he pulled away, Jeonghan stared deeply into my eyes, and there was a hint of affection in them. I didn't realize he was leaning closer and closer towards me until S.Coups cleared his throat and made both of us jump. 

    "Yah! You're here too?" Jeonghan snapped irritatedly. 

    "Well I mean who else is gonna stop you two from almost kissing in public? There are many children here and I doubt their parents will appreciate what was going to happen." 

    Jeonghan and I were about to kiss?

    "Sorry Jisoo. I don't know what came over me. Sorry." Jeonghan quickly shoved his hands in his pocket and quietly looked down. 

   I could feel a huge tension building up but I tried not to say anything. "C-Come on let's go home. Hoshi might feel lonely."

    The demon and angel nodded. I still sensed an awkwardness from Jeonghan. I don't know why I did what I did but I was glad that I grabbed his hand and gave him a smile. 

 

 

 

   Hello! Sorry there wasn't much JiHan lately but I'll make JiHan appears more!

   Quotes! Quotes! Quotes!

   "To avoid situations in which you might make mistakes may be the biggest mistake of all." - Peter McWilliams.

   "In order to wear a crown, you must be able to bear the weight of the crown first." - Jeon Jiyoon (4minute)