November 30th (10 years ago)

Hidden & Revealed

      "Jisoo-ah! We're leaving now! Are you sure you would be fine here by yourself?" My mother asked as she picked me up and buried my head in the crook of her neck. 

      "Mom, you and Dad are going on a business trip. I'll just be a bother tagging along. Besides, Soonyoungie and his mom are coming to pick me up soon!" I reassured her. 

      "Yeah, honey. The Kwon Family had promised to take care of Jisoo while we're away. He will be fine." I smiled at my dad for backing me up.

       Mom let out a small relieved sigh. "You're right. There's nothing I should be worried about right? And plus our little Jisoo is all grown up now!" She roughly kissed me on the cheek and tickled my side. I giggled, trying to break away from her hold. 

       Ding! Dong!

       Saved by the doorbell! I cheered silently. A few more tickle sessions and I'll be done for. 

      "Oh! There are the Kwons! Now you be good okay? We'll be back before your birthday, I promise," my dad said, linking his pinky with mine. 

      "When you guys get back, we should go to the waterpark and stay there all day!" 

      "Water park? Jisoo-ah, it's snowing. You'll get sick if you go swimming in this weather." My mom adjusted my red scarf so that it nearly covered half of my head. 

      "Okay, then...we can go to an amusement park instead and go on A LOT OF RIDES!" I made an emphasis on the last 4 word, showing my enthusiasm. 

      My parents chuckled. "Okay, that's a plan," my dad replied, ruffling my hair. "We'll go now. Have fun with Soonyoungie. And tell Mr. Kwon that he and I should meet up again." I nodded. 

      "Bye, sweetie." Mom hugged me tightly and planted a sweet kiss on my forehead. "We love you so much." 

      "I love you guys more!" 

       The door opened, revealing my best friend Soonyoungie, who had a huge silly grin on his face, and his mom. 

       "Ready to go, Jisoo-ah?" Soonyoung smiled and I quickly nodded. 

       "Hey Mrs. Kwon. Please take care of Jisoo. Thank you." She and Dad shook hands and smiled. 

       "Of course. Jisoo is like another son to me. He will be fine." She quickly hugged Mom. 

       "Mom! Jisoo-ah! Hurry up! I have toys at the house all ready to play!" Soonyoung was already in the car waiting for us. I gave both my parents big hugs before jumping in the car with him. 

       Soon, Mrs. Kwon joined us, while carrying my suitcase, and I waved goodbye to my mom and dad one last time before they were out of sight. 

       The sun was still high up in the sky. There were clouds here and there because it was raining the night before. The air was damped and cold, and  small puddles could be seen in every corner of the streets. 

      I took a glimpse at Soonyoung's watch. 11:34 A.M. 

      "Soonyoung-ah, what are we going to do when we get there?" 

      "Well we're going to play with my new toys. I just got new Transformer action figures and race cars. And also I found this really cool dance video and I'm trying to learn the moves. We could learn together!" 

       "Nah, dancing is not my thing. But I would love to see you dance!" Soonyoung's grin stretched even wider, I was afraid his face would break. 

       "Alright, kids! We're home! Soonyoung-ah, you and Jisoo go play. But make sure to clean up your bedroom afterward okay? And I'll be calling you for lunch pretty soon."

        "Okay mom! Come on Jisoo-ah! You're so slow! If you don't hurry, we won't have enough time to play!" Soonyoung grabbed my arm and dragged me to his room, while his mom followed behind, carrying my suitcase. 

       After Mrs. Kwon left, Soonyoung and I each grabbed a Transformer and we pretended they were dominators from another planet come to take over Earth. 

       That night, before falling asleep, we lied there on Soonyoung's bed, staring at the ceiling. 

       "Jisoo-ah."

        "Hm?"

        "What would you do if you die tomorrow?"

        "Well I would spend this moment well and cherish it. You?"

        "Same. How about if you are forced to be someone you do not want to be?"

        "Like?"

         "Like...a killer?" I shot straight up hearing that.

         "Soonyoungie don't tell me-"

         "No no, it's not me. I'm just asking."

          "Oh well then..." I laid back down. "I would run away. Hide from the world and try to force my way out of this mess by myself so I won't hurt anyone."

          "Oh okay. Good night."

          "Night." 

          Soonyoung was fast asleep while I lied there, his question replayed itself in my head. Why is he asking that? It's not really Soonyoung to ask such deep and mysterious questions. 

          I decided to have a glass of warm milk since it didn't look like I was about to fall asleep anytime soon. 

          As I walked out of them room, I heard the front door open and Mrs. Kwon spoke, "Hello officer. Is something the matter?" 

          "Is this the Kwon household?" 

          "Yes it is."

         "I have been told that a boy named Hong Jisoo is currently with you guys, is that correct?"

          "Yes officer. Did he do something wrong?"

          "We have found his parents' bodies a few hours ago in the car and we have tried everything to keep them alive, but-" 

          I couldn't hear what he said after that because tears were flowing out like crazy and my heart was beating loudly in my ears. 

          That night, a little piece of me died along with my  parents. 

          That night, this weird dream started to appear.