December 5th (lunch)

Hidden & Revealed

      "Jisoo-ah, meet me in the school's dance studio after you get your lunch," Soonyoung reminded me for the 3rd time that morning. 

      I'm not as you think, my friend. And you, Hong Jisoo, are not what you think either.

     What he told had been running through my mind all day and it was difficult to concentrate on anything else. 

      My life has been a bit strange lately. First it was that Jeonghan guy in white, and now my best friend is telling me neither of us is who I think we are?

      Then who or what are we then?

      Speaking of Jeonghan, I haven't seen that guy for 5 days now and I don't know if I should be happy or anxious. He could be planning a crime that involves me as the victim! He DOES know where I live after all! Man! I shouldn't have taken him home!

       "Okay class is over. You are dismissed," Ms. Oh announced and the students quickly hurried out the door for lunch. 

        Soonyoung was already gone by the time I finished putting my supplies into my backpack, so I followed the other students to the school's cafeteria to get something to eat. 

       The hallway was starting to evacuate fast and there were girls giggling from the bottom of the staircase. 

       "Ooh you are so cute!" "Your hair looks so pretty and soft!" "Do you have a girlfriend?" "What's your number?"

       Probably a new male student. 

        I walked down the stairs and noticed a small group of girls surrounding the new guy. They were blocking the cafeteria's door and there was no way to go around them. 

        "Excuse me, girls," I said, squeezing through the small crowd and tried to avoid any physical contacts. 

         "Ah! Jisoo-ah!" All the girls turned to look at me, surprised. Where have I heard that voice?

         "Jeonghan-oppa, you know Jisoo-oppa?" Jeonghan?!

        I spun around and found myself face-to-face with the same guy that I took care of a few days ago He was wearing the exact same uniform outfit as me, but honestly, he looks a thousand times better than I do.. "J-Jeonghan? What are you doing here?"

       "I'm a new transfer student. I'm in Class 2-B. I guess you're in Class 1-B right?" I nodded, still stunned from this unexpected meeting. "Hey come on! Don't just stare at me like that!" He grinned. 

       Thump! Thump!

       My heart was beating so rapidly that I thought it might be visible through my shirt. 

        "Uh t-that's cool." I shook my head furiously and forced myself to come back to my senses. "I gotta go." 

        I picked up my feet and ran towards the dance studio, where Soonyoung was waiting for me, not realizing that I didn't get my lunch. 

        Once I've reached the door of the studio, I was already out of breath. Never really noticed how big this campus is. 

       I calmed myself down before entering. 

       "Finally! What took you so long? I was this close to giving up telling you the truth!" Soonyoung complained as I stepped on the vinyl floor. 

       "Sorry Soonyoung-ah. Somthing happened."  A short silence followed after that.

       "I guess you have already met him." 

        "Who?"

        "Jisoo-ah, about what I said during class, I am really not what you think."

        "Wait Soonyoung-ah!" I immediately covered his mouth with the palm of my hand to prevent him from saying any further. "What if I'm not ready to know? I mean we've been close friends for ages and now you're telling me you're not who I think you are?"

         He pushed my hand away and looked into my eyes. "Jisoo, it doesn't matter if you are ready or not. It is time you should know. Especially since that dream is becoming more detailed." He paused for a moment. "You're starting to see me now."

       "You?" He must be talking about that blonde guy! "But you're nothing like the guy in my dream! He has trouble written all over his face. Kwon Soonyoung that's not you!" 

       "The Kwon Soonyoung you knew no longer exists. The name is Hoshi." Hoshi? "Jisoo-ah, you remember 10 years ago, when I asked you what would you do if you were forced to become someone you don't want to be?" I nodded. "And that I said I'm not going to be a killer?" I nodded again. "That was a lie. Jisoo-ah, it's fate. I can't change it."

       "Wait what are you saying? Are you telling me you're a killer?" 

        He nodded, still not breaking the eye contact. "But not quite. My job is just to protect civilians...from them..."

       "Them?"

       "The Angel and Demon Warriors. Every 10 years, they battle and each time one army dies, the other will gain more powers. I, as the leader of the Human Warrior Army , create a shield to protect humans from whatever these battles may bring to them, even if it's not intentional. That guy that you just met, Jeonghan I believe is his name, he's not human at all.I'm sure you've seen him in your dream right?" I nodded, still trying to process every single word he just said. "He is the leader of the Angel Warriors, meaning he is the strongest warrior in that army."

        "What do all these things have to do with me?"

       "Because you're-"

        "Gonna be late for class." Jeonghan appeared at the door. "Class is starting in 5 minutes and if you don't hurry you'll be late."

       "Jeonghan? How did you know I was here?"

       "That doesn't matter. What matters is that you have to get to class Jisoo-ah."

        "Oh okay.!" I rushed out the door and towards the class, and both Soonyoung and Jeonghan followed behind. 

        Before we reached our destinations, I came to a full stop and, without turning around, asked, "Jeonghan, you must've heard our conversation, right?" 

         "Yeah," he replied quietly. 

         "And what Soonyou-or H-Hoshi said about you...is all of that true?"

         He took a deep breath. "I never expected you to know about it this early, but yes Jisoo...  everything Hoshi said is the truth."

 

 

 

 

Thank you so much everyone for subscribing and reading and commenting. I know fantasy genre isn't very popular on Asianfanfics like romance or fluff but I really appreciate that you take the time to read and even subscribe too. You guys keep me motivated! And also thank you to Kimikuchii07 for mentioning the transfer student idea, although it wasn't intentional but you inspired me to write it like this. And I hope the story is going well so far and not too fast. Please leave a comment and tell me how I'm writing. Thank you again. :)

    ~Love smilebear24