chapter 1

Everything Has Changed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon looked at the clock on her desk, just besides her bed. It was twenty minutes to five, meanwhile schools will be started at 7.30 am.

 

 

Still early, she thought. But, Taeyeon was proudly to be called as a student full of punctuality.

 

 

Taeyeon just like her father, the thought of punctuality is polite to the clever, and a sign of blame to the stupid.

 

 

Taeyeon a little bit startled when she saw laying small body beside her, covered by her thick blue blanket, but showed her warm smile when Taeyeon realised that person was her little big sister, Hayeon.

 

 

Taeyeon felt regret to wake her sister this early, so she made her mind to just let her be for a few more minutes.

 

 

She knows why her sister was there without her realisation. Last night, it was really heavy rainy night, so she can imagined how her cute little big sister ran to her room with her scary surrounding; dark and windy night.

 

 

Taeyeon then make her move to the bathroom that just inside her room. Since her family members just had four person including her, three room were enough for them.

 

 

A moment later, she finished taking her bath, and saw that her sister already awake, sitting at the edge of the bed, but still close her eyes.

 

 

“Hmm… Unnie, did the morning session of my new school must be like this, wake up so early in the morning?” Hayeon started to whined.

 

 

“Aish, my doongsaeng… If dad heard you, he will not give you any money for your school’s allowance… Go to your room now, change your new blue uniform…” Taeyeon still used her firmest tone.

 

 

Hayeon this year went to the same school as Taeyeon. She’s in her first fresh year at this SM High School, while Taeyeon in her fourth year, and just need a year before she graduate there.

 

 

Just as about Taeyeon wanted to go downstairs after she finished getting ready with her new uniform, ready to make her own breakfast, pair of arms circling to her waist, “Unnie…!”

 

 

“Hayeon-ah… Keep your voice low… Mom and dad must be still on their dreamland…” Taeyeon said, didn’t surprised with that common hug between them.

 

 

“Hehe… Sorry… I was just too excited to go to school especially with my beloved unnie…” she released the hug, and went to grabbed her sister’s arm.

 

 

“Yah, yah… don’t get too excited… Come on, let’s make breakfast… Mom can’t cook for us today, she came late at night again. Hoping dad help us…? No thanks. His cook is indeed terrible.” Taeyeon informed Hayeon, while walking together to the kitchen.

 

 

“Of course they’re always late, they’re both my heroes, you know? Save other people life was part of their job…” Hayeon said, looking Taeyeon picking some ingredients from refrigerator to make sandwich.

 

 

“Yeah, they’re my heroes as well…” added Taeyeon, almost whispered to make Hayeon didn’t heard her.

 

 

“Anyway, can I write a note for them before we leave later?” Hayeon asked, showing her sticky notes to Taeyeon.

 

 

“Go on…” Taeyeon said, and giving Hayeon a plate of meat sandwich, and a glass of milk.

 

 

 

 

“Why is it so long?” Taeyeon asked, while munching her breakfast.

 

 

“Just wanna tell them more specific…”

 

 

“Fine… Eat your breakfast now…”

 

 

Within a moment after they finished eating their breakfast, they’re finally get ready to walk to school.

 

 

“Come on, unnie… I’ve washed my plate. My friends must be there already.”

 

 

“Okay, okay… Let’s go…!” Taeyeon dorkily said, just right after Taeyeon helped Hayeon sticked her note.

 

 

After both of them got out from their house, Taeyeon saw a big truck filled with boxes and things from small one to bigger one.

 

 

“Unnie, we got new neighbour… Can we go help them?” Hayeon said, her eyes sparkled, hoping that their neighbour had a children for both of them to playing around with.

 

 

The neighbourhood along their corner just filled with a little kid, too much young for them.

 

 

“I want to help them too, Hayeon-ah… But, we’ll be late. Look, lots of things. We will help them, after school, okay?”

 

 

“Ooo… Kay… Come on…”

 

 

Their journey to the school just took about 15 minutes from their house, and Taeyeon, as a second senior student, was rather a popular one. Almost every person passed them greeted her, and make Hayeon a little bit proud for her.

 

 

“Wow… Someone really popular here… I wonder…” Hayeon said jokingly, while holding her older sister’s hand tighter.

 

 

“And don’t ever do anything stupid to vanish my popularity just like that…” Taeyeon murmured, still giving an honest smile to her other juniors.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Go take a bath and change your clothes now, Sooyeon-ah…” Hye Bin gave an ordered to one of her daughter, Jessica, or her korean name Jung Sooyeon.

 

 

They just arrived at 5.15 am, sleepless and Jessica needs to go to school.

 

 

“Yes, mom…” Jessica obliged her mother’s order.

 

 

After struggling searching for her things in an ocean of boxes at their living room, Jessica finally found her belongings and ran faster to her room.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter