Chapter 69

Collision of Two Worlds

“I.. I won't. I will do everything with all I am to stop the war that's about to happen” Baekhyun said and Yoona nodded her head. “Why just make a peace treaty with the warlocks? Maybe make an alliance, I'm sure Taeyeon--” 

“No, first of all warlocks are greedy and they want to live forever too. They're going to trick us and for the second option.. Taeyeon can't know who she really is” Baekhyun answered cautiously, looking at the premises if Taeyeon's around. 

“But--” 

“I'll find a way” Baekhyun answered and Yoona sighed. “You do read the book of antiquity right?” Yoona asked before letting out a deep breath. “She's the heir and it is written there that whether the heir knows about it or not, their ability as a warlock will still show up and might.. unknowingly.. kill you. You know about how her life will work too, she's betrothed to some of her kind too. I heard she receives flowers and let me tell you something--” 

“It was the one that's betrothed to her” Baekhyun answered and Yoona nodded her head.

“and when they unite.. her abilities will increase” Yoona said and Baekhyun clenched his fist and nodded his head. “I know” Baekhyun answered and Yoona frowned. “So why are you keeping the truth away from her? Tell her the truth, ask her to make an alliance with you. The warlocks will listen to her” Yoona said and Baekhyun shook his head, anger eating him up again. 

“Do you think she'll still choose to be with me if she finds out that I killed her parents?” Baekhyun asked and heard a thud on the floor. Turning his head to where the sound came from, Baekhyun's eyes went wide open when he saw Taeyeon standing at the kitchen entrance. 

“Taeyeon..” 

“You.. killed.. my parents?” Taeyeon asked and Yoona jumped off the counter and put the tub above it before running to Taeyeon. “Taeyeon. It's--” Yoona said but Taeyeon cut her off. “and you know about this too and chose to hide it from me? I thought.. I thought you trust me? I thought.. there's no secrets between us?” Taeyeon asked, her voice showing a hint of pain and anger. Tears b around her eyes already.

“It's not like that. Listen..” Yoona said and was about to hold her sister when Taeyeon took a step back. “Is that the reason why you two brought me here? Is that the reason why you're keeping me out from everyone? Because you're afraid of me knowing the truth? Do you?!” Taeyeon suddenly burst out and Baekhyun took a deep breath and was about to approach her when Taeyeon shook her head making him stop mid-step. 

“Taeyeon..” Baekhyun trailed trying to find the right words to say. “I thought mom and dad died because of an accident..” Taeyeon trailed then scoffed. “But it turns out that you killed them” Taeyeon said and shook her head. “What did they ever do to you for you to kill them?!” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun looked away not daring to look into her eyes. Guilt is having a great time eating his whole being up and he doesn't even have the slightest idea how to get rid of it. 

He hated it. 

As much as he hated Taeyeon knowing the truth.

“They're my enemies” Baekhyun answered, his voice barely audible. “They're what?” Taeyeon asked in disbelief. “Your parents.. they're one of my enemies. I have to get rid of them.. I have to--” 

“and you didn't even think about how someone who loves them so much will suffer?! Didn't you know how hard it was for me trying to get back out there when they died?! Didn't you know how I felt like going crazy when the police told me that I'm all alone and that they're dead?! Did you even consider thinking about the people who loves them?! Do you Baekhyun?!” Taeyeon shouted and he just kept mum. 

“You know how hard it was for me Yoong.. you could have just told me the truth and not hide it from me. Not like this” Taeyeon said turning her attention to Yoona, her voice sounding like she's pleading as tears escaped her eyes. “I'm sorry, I was planning to. We were planning to” Yoona answered and Taeyeon wiped her tears away. 

“When? When I'm about to die?” Taeyeon asked trying to calm herself down. But she failed. 

“No, it's not like that” Yoona answered and Taeyeon sighed. “I don't think I can stand seeing you two now. Especially you Baekhyun, I tried to understand you right from the start but I don't think I still can.. not now” Taeyeon said, her gaze piercing right onto him. “But.. Taeyeon.. Don't leave” Baekhyun pleaded and Taeyeon shook her head. 

“How would I stay with the person who took my happiness away from me? How can I stand seeing the person who took my parents away from me? I don't think.. I don't think we can go further from here” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun shook his head as he walked towards her and knelt down in front of her and clasped both of her hands. “Please don't leave me.. you know how I can't imagine myself without you right?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon took her hands back and took another step back. 

“and you can imagine how I tried to live my life without my parents right? How can I trust you now? How can I trust you when you killed my parents, you're even saying that they're your enemies” Taeyeon said then stopped when she realized something. “Are you planning to kill me too?” Taeyeon asked, her voice calm making Baekhyun even more scared of her leaving him.

“It's not.. I..” 

“I guess that's it.. why not do it now?” Taeyeon dared and Baekhyun immediately shot his head up. “No.. I won't. I love you” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon scoffed. “I doubt you know what that word means. You know what? Thinking about it now, maybe you just lured me before so you can kill me now. My parents are your enemies and that makes me one too. Why not do it now? Isn't that what you're planning from before?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun stood up and hugged her tight. 

“No” He answered firmly and Taeyeon pushed him away before slapping him. 

“Don't you dare touch me..” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun tried to suppress the tears trying to escape his eyes. “Aren't you suppose to kill me? Everything will end if that happens right? Why not do it now?” Taeyeon dared again and Baekhyun shook his head adamantly. “No, I won't kill the person I love the most. I won't kill you nor I will let you go” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon sighed. 

“Is that it?” Taeyeon asked. “But I hope to never see you again, I don't think I can stand being with a monster..” Taeyeon trailed. It hurts her too knowing that the one she fell for is the one who killed her parents, it pained her knowing that her sister hid it from her, it pained her that Baekhyun didn't even tell her the truth and as much as it hurts, she knows she has to let go. 

She knows she has to end things from right there. 

“We're over” 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: This was supposed to be updated yesterday but my attention got diverted to finding one of my favorite fics here only to know that the author deactivated her account. 

I was like WTF the was a great fic! 

*Grabs tissues and cries*