Chapter 48

Collision of Two Worlds

“Then.. can I take the quick steps?”

“You” Taeyeon said before taking her head away from his shoulder and frowning. “What?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon huffed before shaking her head. “One slow step at a time. Clear?” Taeyeon stated making Baekhyun chuckle before nodding his head. “Yes ma'am” 

“Let's go” Taeyeon said before standing up and Baekhyun raised his brows. “Where are we going?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders. “We came here to see the place. Not for you to waste your time sitting” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun snickered. “Says the one who told me to stay still here” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon stuck her tongue out before walking away. Seeing this, Baekhyun chuckled as he shook his head. “Wait for me” He said, trailing behind her.

Seeing Taeyeon queuing. “What are you doing?” Baekhyun asked after standing beside her. “Lining up” Taeyeon answered and Baekhyun snickered. “What is this line for?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders before chuckling. “Oh, three more” Taeyeon said excitedly and Baekhyun furrowed his brows. “No way” He answered when he saw what the line was for. 

“What? You're scared?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun shook his head. “No. I-It's just a spider” 

“Really?” Taeyeon asked teasingly and Baekhyun nodded his head abruptly. “Y-Yeah. Just a spider” He answered and Taeyeon nodded her head. “Alright, you say so” Taeyeon said, wanting to leave, Baekhyun stopped when Taeyeon grabbed his wrist. “W-What?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders. 

“Come with me, let's see the spider” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun gulped the non-existent lump blocking his throat. “I.. think.. I need to go to the restroom” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon chuckled. “Come on, it's just for a minute” Taeyeon said and before he can say anything, Taeyeon already dragged him towards the booth where the spider is. 

“Good afternoon miss” The guy at the booth greeted with a smile and Taeyeon smiled back. “Good afternoon to you too” Taeyeon greeted back before glancing at Baekhyun who's getting paler as each minute passes. “Want to hold Timmy?” The guy asked offering the spider that was on his hands. “Of course” Taeyeon said with a smile and opened her palm. Handling the spider to Taeyeon, the man glanced at Baekhyun before letting out a chuckle. “Look, it's so cute” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun just looked at it, his face paler than before. “Are you afraid?” Taeyeon asked while still holding the spider and Baekhyun shook his head. “N-No” Baekhyun answered and Taeyeon chuckled before lifting her hand that was holding his wrist. 

“You're shaking” 

“I'm not. I really need to go to the restroom” Baekhyun answered and Taeyeon brought the spider near his hand. “No!” Baekhyun shouted causing everyone to stare at him. “No..” He answered, beads of sweat became visible on his forehead, Taeyeon raised her brows. “Why?” Taeyeon asked. 

“I'm allergic” Baekhyun answered and Taeyeon nodded her head before letting go of his wrist and handling the spider back to the man. “Thank you” Taeyeon said and before she can even leave the booth, Baekhyun already did. “Miss, here's a gift from Timmy” the guy said handling her a fake spider that exactly looks like the one called Timmy. Smiling, Taeyeon thank the man and walked away from the crowd. As soon as they were away, Taeyeon glanced at Baekhyun who seemed to have calmed down. Suddenly thinking of something, a mischievous smile appeared on Taeyeon's face. “Baekhyun” She called. “What?” Baekhyun asked while wiping his forehead with the back of her hand. 

“There's a spider on your head!” Taeyeon shouted as she threw the fake spider on him and Baekhyun squealed before fainting immediately right on the spot. Seeing this, Taeyeon's eyes widened. “Oh my freaking goodness. Did I go too far?” Taeyeon thought to herself. “Baekhyun, Baekhyun-ah.. wake up” Taeyeon said while lightly tapping his cheek but Baekhyun wasn't moving at all. 

“Miss is there something wrong?” Taeyeon heard a voice asked behind her. “Oh, yeah.. he fainted” Taeyeon said while smiling sheepishly and the man, who looked like a crew there chuckled. “I saw what you did” He said and Taeyeon chuckled. “Don't worry, it happens all the time” He said before lifting Baekhyun up from the ground and carrying him to the nearest bench. 

“Just wait a few minutes and he'll wake up” The man stated and Taeyeon nodded her head. Seeing the man walk away, Taeyeon turned her head to Baekhyun and chuckled. Taking her phone out, Taeyeon took a picture of him unconscious and a playful smile appeared on her face. 

Now I know what you're scared of, Taeyeon thought as she shook her head. 

“I'm getting mean” Taeyeon muttered before reaching her hand out to Baekhyun face. Removing the strands of his hair blocking his forehead, Taeyeon smiled before leaning in and kissing his forehead. “I'm sorry” Taeyeon said while looking at him and backing away. 

Not long after, Baekhyun's eyes fluttered open. Looking around, Baekhyun noticed Taeyeon staring at him. “What happened?” He asked and a smile immediately appeared on Taeyeon's face. Furrowing his brows, Baekhyun tried to remember and frowned when he did. “You” He said and Taeyeon bursted out laughing. 

“You're scared of spiders!” Taeyeon said while still laughing. “What will happen if the school gets a hold of this?” Taeyeon asked before laughing again, wiping the tears that built on her eyes, Taeyeon exhaled deeply. “That was awesome” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun frowned even more. 

“It's not funny” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon raised her brows. 

“It was” Taeyeon said before letting out a chuckle but the frown remained on Taeyeon's face. “It's not” Baekhyun answered, his voice getting a notch higher and the smile on Taeyeon's face disappeared. “It's not” Baekhyun muttered before standing up and walking away. 

Thinking that she went overboard and got him mad, Taeyeon stood up immediately and ran after him. “Hey, I was just joking” Taeyeon said when she finally caught up with his pace. Hearing no response, Taeyeon sighed. “I'm sorry”  Taeyeon said and Baekhyun immediately stopped walking. 

“I'll understand if you're angry” Taeyeon said while looking down on the floor. Suddenly, she found her feet interesting to look at. Letting out a sigh, Baekhyun shook his head. “I'm not angry” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon looked up and raised her brows. “You're not?” She asked just like a kid and Baekhyun smiled before nodding his head. “I can never stay mad at you” Baekhyun stated and Taeyeon looked down again. “But.. you look like one earlier” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun frowned. 

“I'm not, I was embarrassed” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon immediately shot her head up. “You're embarrassed? I.. I'm sorry if I did that.. in front of the people. I mean.. I.. I think.. they.. saw” Taeyeon trailed looking down again. “I don't care about them, it's you that I care about” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon furrowed her brows. “Me?” Taeyeon asked, now looking at him. 

He nodded his head. “Yes, you” Baekhyun answered. 

“I feel like I embarrassed myself in front of  you. I mean, how would you like a coward like me?” Baekhyun asked before before letting out a bitter laugh. “It's alright, I understand if you don't like me anymore. I mean, who likes a guy who's scared of spiders?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon smiled. 

“Me” 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Update~