Chapter 21

Collision of Two Worlds

“Are you sure you don’t want to come? Mom and dad will be looking for you” Yoona said for the last time trying to convince her sister to go with her, lifting her head up from the book she’s reading Taeyeon shook her head and gave the latter a small smile.

“Nah, I’ll pass. Just tell them that I have some projects to do” Taeyeon said and Yoona raised her brows. “We’re on the same class, what you do think mom and dad will think if I say something like that? You’re making me look bad” Yoona said as she frowned and Taeyeon chuckled.

“Just tell them that you finished it first. Now, still the bad one?” Taeyeon asked and Yoona smiled before shaking her head. “Just make sure to call me if anything happens. I don’t think I’ll be here on time before Monday starts” Yoona said and Taeyeon gave her an amused smile.

“Extending the weekend huh” Taeyeon said and Yoona stuck her tongue out. “You don’t want to come so you suffer” Yoona said and Taeyeon chuckled. “There’s karma Yoong. Karma” Taeyeon said before closing her book finding it boring already.

“Want me to walk you out?” Taeyeon asked and Yoona chuckled. “You really want me to leave huh” Yoona said and Taeyeon rolled her eyes before getting up lazily from the couch and walking towards the door. Opening it, Taeyeon motioned Yoona to go out and the latter huffed before slinging her bag on her shoulder and walking out of the door. Closing the door, Taeyeon locked it and trailed behind her sister with a smile on her face.

Getting inside the lift, Taeyeon pressed the ground button and glanced at her sister who’s looking at her weirdly. “What?” Taeyeon asked and Yoona looked away before shrugging her shoulders. “Im Yoona” Taeyeon said and Yoona chuckled.

“One thing before I leave” Yoona said and Taeyeon raised her brows. “You sounded like you’re going to be away for a long time” Taeyeon said with a chuckled and Yoona rolled her eyes. “I’m serious” Yoona said and Taeyeon stopped. “What is it?” Taeyeon asked, a bit more serious this time.

“Stop going out at night alright? If you need company you can always call him” Yoona said and Taeyeon raised her brows. “What?” She asked not catching what her sister meant. “Call him, if you need someone to accompany you wherever you go” Yoona said and Taeyeon raised her brows.

“Who?” She asked still not having any idea who Yoona is talking about. “Baekhyun” Yoona said and Taeyeon gave her a what-the-hell look. “Why would I?” Taeyeon asked. “So you can have someone to look after you when I’m gone?” Yoona said and Taeyeon frowned.

“First, we’re friends. Second, you’re going to be away for only two days, three day tops. Third, I’m old enough” Taeyeon grumbled and Yoona chuckled. “I was just saying” Yoona said and Taeyeon chuckled before hanging her arm around Yoona’s shoulder.

“Listen” Taeyeon said. “I’ll follow you there if I feel lonely” Taeyeon said and Yoona nodded her head trusting Taeyeon’s words. “Alright” Yoona said and the door opened, walking out of the lift Taeyeon and Yoona walked out of the building and on to the nearest bus stop.

“I can go to the bus port myself. Just go back inside and sleep, you looked like a sleep deprived zombie” Yoona said and Taeyeon chuckled sarcastically. “I was just wondering last night if the words the old lady said was true” Taeyeon said and Yoona raised her brows.

“I didn’t hear anything” Yoona said and Taeyeon nodded her head agreeing with her sister. “I know right” Taeyeon answered. “I heard nothing but silence last night” Taeyeon said and Yoona chuckled. “Maybe it was just a coincidence that nothing happened last night. Just, call me if something’s wrong alright? Do you want me to take you anything from home?” Yoona asked and Taeyeon smiled brightly before saying.

“Peas”

“A can?” Yoona asked and Taeyeon rolled her eyes. “My peas in a pod” Taeyeon said louder and some of the people waiting at the bus stop turned their heads towards too causing Taeyeon’s face to redden in embarrassment.

“I get it” Yoona said followed by a chuckled causing Taeyeon to huff. “Oh, the bus is here. Bye Taeyeonnniieee” Yoona said before waving Taeyeon goodbye. Nodding her head, Taeyeon waved back and watched as her sister climbed up the bus. “Call me when you arrive there!” Taeyeon said and Yoona gave her a thumbs up as soon as she got a seat inside the bus. Turning back to her way towards the apartment, Taeyeon stopped when she took a step and she felt her heart beat hardly.

Looking at the bus that was getting out of her sight, Taeyeon unconsciously walked trying to run after it but then stopped when she realized what she’s doing. Furrowing her brows, Taeyeon grasped the part of her shirt near her chest and took a few deep breaths.

“What’s going on?” Taeyeon asked and looked back on the way of the bus only to find it gone already. Shaking her head, Taeyeon walked back towards her apartment and decided to just sleep the whole day.

The next day..

Taeyeon squinted her eyes towards the light that woke her up, groggily getting out of the bed, Taeyeon walked towards the window and closed the blinds. Sighing in relief as soon as the darkness engulfed her room, Taeyeon walked back to the bed and dropped herself not caring if it’s an uncomfortable position anymore.

Getting up again, Taeyeon saw her phone lighting up. Grabbing it, Taeyeon unlocked her phone and saw several missed calls from her parents. “I knew it” Taeyeon muttered knowing that her parents would never stop calling her unless she, herself, would be the one to give the excuse of why she didn’t come home.

About to open one of the messages, Taeyeon saw another call incoming and pressed the answer button and heard sobs. “Mom?” Taeyeon asked with a worried tone. “Taeyeon-ah, Taeyeon-ah” Her mother said causing Taeyeon to furrow her brows in confusion.

“Mom? What is it?” Taeyeon asked. “Y-Your sister” She said. “What happened to Yoona? Mom, where is she? What happened to her?” Taeyeon asked and heard the sobs grew louder. “Taeyeon-ah, you’re sister. She got into an accident” Their mother said and Taeyeon felt her grip on the phone tightened.

“I’m going there, I’m going there” Taeyeon said not knowing what to do anymore. Getting her a bag, Taeyeon threw clothes inside but then stopped when she heard the last words she heard before everything to her went blur.

“She’s gone, Taeyeon-ah. She’s gone”

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I forgot to say prepare your hearts first T.T