Chapter 28

Collision of Two Worlds

“Excuse me doc?” Taeyeon called as soon as she spotted a doctor walking at the hospital hallway. Looking up at her, the doctor smiled and raised his brows giving her a questioning look. “Can you tell me who the doctor is that’s handling me now? I want to ask him some questions” Taeyeon politely said and the doctor tilted his head.

“You are?” He asked. “Kim Taeyeon” Taeyeon answered.

“Ah, you’re his new patient. I’m  Kim Suho, I’m one of colleagues here and I’m sorry he’s on an emergency meeting now, I’m afraid you won’t be able to talk to him until tomorrow morning” Suho said and Taeyeon nodded her head disappointedly. Noticing this, Suho furrowed his brows. “Is there anything I can help you with? Maybe I can help you” Suho offered and Taeyeon pondered about it not knowing if he knows the reason why she’s in the hospital in the first place.

“I just want to ask him what’s the reason why I’m here. I can’t seem to remember anything that caused me to be here” Taeyeon said and Suho’s smile immediately disappeared. “I see, well I’m afraid I won’t be able to answer your question but I’ll call your doctor and ask him to have an early schedule with you tomorrow. Will that be alright?” Suho asked and Taeyeon reluctantly nodded her head.

“Thank you doc” Taeyeon said before giving him a bow and Suho nodded his head as he watched her go back to her room. On her way back, Taeyeon kept trying to remember why she’s at the hospital and what’s the reason for her being there, she kept thinking of Yoona too, why wouldn’t her sister be there? Didn’t her sister cared about her? She already spent another night there at the hospital, she thinks she’s been out for days but why isn’t her sister coming to see her?

Is it because they both had an accident?

Accident?

“No” Taeyeon said when she saw flashes of blurry images. “Taeyeon-ah?” She heard a voice calling her from behind, turning around, Taeyeon saw Baekhyun standing there looking at her in confusion. “What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be in your room?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon weakly nodded her head.

“Is something wrong?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon stared at him before nodding her head.

“I need to talk to you” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun nodded his head. “But let’s go back to your room first alright?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. Taking her hand, Baekhyun led the way back to Taeyeon’s room.

“So what do you want to talk about?” Baekhyun asked when Taeyeon took a seat at the edge of her bed. “What happened to me? Why am I here? Why don’t I remember things? Where’s my sister? Did we get involved in an accident maybe? Is she here too? Our parents?” Taeyeon bombarded Baekhyun with questions and he felt himself trapped.

He shouldn’t have asked if she has a problem in the first place. Now, he’s the one taking the toll.

“Answer me please. I need to know” Taeyeon pleaded and Baekhyun looked away contemplating whether to tell her the truth or not. Taking a seat at the nearby chair, Baekhyun sighed before pressing his hands against his face. “You don’t really remember anything don’t you?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. Lifting his gaze up Baekhyun frowned.

“Nothing happened to you” Baekhyun answered. “Then why am I here?” Taeyeon asked growing more and more anxious as each second passes.

“You fainted” Baekhyun answered causing Taeyeon to be more confused. “Wait, you said that I fainted. Why?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun looked straight into her eyes. “Let me tell you everything instead of you asking bits and pieces of it” Baekhyun answered and Taeyeon nodded her head.

“It was weekend, Yoona decided to come over at your parents’ house to visit them. She asked you to come but you didn’t, I don’t know the reason why but you didn’t come with her, she took the bus on the way back home and there’s this cliff where the bus fell, it exploded, it sank deep into the sea. You were too traumatized, too shock with what happened to your sister, you tried to restart normally but then what? You didn’t manage you failed, Sunny noticed how it’s breaking you inside, she noticed how you tried to keep it in and went to school even if it just happened over the weekend. So she followed you after school, you came home, the usual. But then she said she heard you screaming, and then when she barged in you’re lying on the floor. Unconscious”

“I.. Y-Yoona” Taeyeon said and just like that, something seemed to be unlocked from her memories.

Yoona’s dead.

That’s the first thing that came into her mind, it’s been three days since that accident and she’s there for only a day, so it just happened, Taeyeon thought. “Taeyeon, I’m sorry if we didn’t tell you immediately you—“

“She’s dead” Taeyeon said, her face showing no expressions. “S-She is” Baekhyun said and when Taeyeon blinked her eyes, tears fell down her cheeks. “But why did I—“

“The doctor said it was dissociative amnesia. The memories are too painful, it traumatized you. The memories you had that day of the accident was unconsciously retained that’s why you forgot everything” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon felt her lungs stricken. It was still a blur to her, but deep inside, her heart felt like dropping.

It ached so much and she knew it was real.

Repressed memories, she thought.

“Mom and dad, what about them?” Taeyeon asked. “You met them the second you found out what happened to your sister” Baekhyun answered. “How did they take it?” Taeyeon asked worriedly. “They managed to take it, it was just you the broke down” Baekhyun answered and Taeyeon looked away trying to prevent herself from crying even more.

“Look, I know you forgot everything I told you back when we came to see your parents but I’m here for you. I’m not going to say that it’s alright because I know it’s not but I’ll be here for you” Baekhyun said and walked towards her, reaching out, Baekhyun wiped her tears away and frowned when he saw her hurting again.

“Just please don’t cry, I hate seeing you like this” 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: *sniffs* I smell some lovin' already