Chapter 41

Collision of Two Worlds

“Oppa, thanks for taking me around” Taeyeon stated with a smile as soon as she and Heechul stopped right in front of Taeyeon's house. “Anything for my best friend. I'll go back to my hotel now, call me if you need anything alright?” Heechul said while patting Taeyeon's head gently and Taeyeon nodded her head before giving him another smile. “Sure thing” Taeyeon said and Heechul nodded his head before going back towards his car. 

Seeing him drive away, Taeyeon opened the wooden gates and walked towards the pebbled pathway leading to the front porch. Going up to the porch, Taeyeon reached out towards the door and opened it. Removing her shoes and putting it on the shoe rack, Taeyeon looked around before saying.. 

“I'm home” 

With that, Mrs. Im walked out from the kitchen with still the turner in her hand and the strainer in the other. “Oh, you're here” Mrs. Im said with a smile. Looking around, Taeyeon furrowed her brows. “Where's dad?” Taeyeon asked. “He went to the office to fix some problem. Do you want to eat?” Mrs. Im said and Taeyeon nodded her head. “What are you cooking mom?” Taeyeon asked eagerly making her mother chuckle. 

“I'm frying some potato” Mrs. Im said and Taeyeon's eyes immediately lit up. “Can I have some?” Taeyeon asked and Mrs. Im nodded her head. “Let's go to the kitchen” Mrs. Im said and Taeyeon nodded her head before following her mother.

Getting some of the ones she cooked earlier, Mrs. Im handled Taeyeon a small bowl. “Thank you mom” Taeyeon said before climbing up at the kitchen counter and sitting there while eating. “So, tell me how are you feeling now?” Mrs. Im asked while still busy frying. “Feeling?” Taeyeon asked still busy munching. “Oh” Taeyeon said finally catching what her mother meant. “I'm fine mom, I miss Yoong at times but you're there, dad's there, Heechul oppa's there” Taeyeon said making Mrs. Im smile upon her daughter's answer. 

“I'm glad you're trying to get through this” Mrs. Im said and Taeyeon smiled. “Wouldn't want Yoona to badmouth me in heaven” Taeyeon answered in a serious tone making Mrs. Im laugh. “Just tell me if you want something alright? Mom's going to be here to give it to you, you're everything we have left” Mrs. Im said while looking at her daughter with a warm smile causing Taeyeon to be warm inside too. How can she care so much for me even when I'm not really her daughter? Taeyeon thought. 

She felt thankful. 

“Of course mom, you and dad are everything I have left too” Taeyeon said and when she looked down on the bowl she's holding. Her face grimaced, seeing this, Mrs. Im looked at her daughter worriedly. “Is something wrong?” Mrs. Im asked and Taeyeon slowly looked up with pouting with with her puppy eyes. “Mom, I don't have anymore” Taeyeon said while showing Mrs. Im the empty bowl causing Mrs. Im to laugh. Taking some with the strainer, Mrs. Im shook her head and filled Taeyeon's bowl again making Taeyeon's face lit up about to dig in again, Taeyeon heard her mother speak making her stop from what she's about to do. 

“Say” Mrs. Im said making Taeyeon turn her attention back to her mother. “That guy at the hospital, the one that told you everything when you had the amnesia, who is he?” Mrs. Im asked and Taeyeon seemed to have forgotten about the bowl as she smiled a little. “He's a friend mom” Taeyeon said and Mrs. Im raised her brows. 

“Your friend?” Mrs. Im asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. “and Yoona's too” Taeyeon added and Mrs. Im nodded her head. “Oh, so he's a classmate?” Mrs. Im asked and Taeyeon shook her head causing Mrs. Im to furrow her brows. “Schoolmate then?” Mrs. Im asked and Taeyeon still shook her head. “Then what?” Mrs. Im asked eagerly making Taeyeon chuckle. 

“He's a sponsor back at the school mom, I know you didn't know yet but back at my first day in Iris, I was caught in an accident” Taeyeon said and Mrs. Im's eyes widened. “What happened to you?!?” Mrs. Im asked abruptly and worriedly. “Mom, nothing happened to me. I'm not hurt” Taeyeon said and that made Mrs. Im to ease up a little. 

“What happened then?” Mrs. Im asked. “We were organizing the school's auditorium when the metal rail above the stage fell, but before it can fall down on me, he's the one who ran and pushed me away before anything bad happens” Taeyeon said and Mrs. Im nodded her head. “Now, I feel bad for him” Mrs. Im suddenly said and Taeyeon raised her brows. “Why?” Taeyeon asked. 

“Because he saved you and your father told him to stay away from you” Mrs. Im said making Taeyeon smile. “It's alright mom, dad did right. I need some time back at that time anyways and I'm sure he understands, I mean, he's a good guy” Taeyeon said and Mrs. Im sighed. “So, is that guy still seeing you?” Mrs. Im asked making Taeyeon surprised. 

“No, he did stayed away from me but I bumped into him earlier” Taeyeon said and Mrs. Im smiled. “You bumped onto him?” Mrs. Im asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. “Yes.. and I.. kind of..” Taeyeon trailed not knowing what the exact words to tell her mom. 

“You what?” Mrs. Im asked with an expectant smile. “I asked him if we could meet later. Can I mom? I mean, if you don't like I can always cancel--” 

“It's alright” Mrs. Im said cutting her daughter off. “He's a good guy anyways, just don't go home too late alright?” Mrs. Im noted and Taeyeon nodded her head before jumping off the counter and giving her mom a hug. “Thank you mom” Taeyeon said and Mrs. Im patted her arms. 

“It's alright, go get ready if you have to meet him” Mrs. Im said and Taeyeon nodded her head.

“What about dad?” Taeyeon asked as soon as she remembered her father. 

“I'll handle that old man” Mrs. Im said and Taeyeon chuckled. 

“Thank you mom” Taeyeon said before pulling away from the hug. “You're welcome. Now shoo and go get ready for your date” Mrs. Im said while looking at her daughter teasingly causing Taeyeon's face to immediately turn red. 

“Mom” Taeyeon whined while stomping her feet and Mrs. Im chuckled. 

“Alright, go get dressed now before your father comes home” Mrs. Im said shooing her daughter away and Taeyeon nodded her head before running upstairs. Seeing her daughter leave, Mrs. Im smiled before shaking her head. 

“She's really grown up”

Closing the door of her room, Taeyeon dropped herself on the bed as she felt her heart beating erratically. Shaking her head, Taeyeon walked towards her closet and opened it only to slam it back again. 

Date. 

Shaking her head, Taeyeon dropped herself back on the bed again as she rolled over back and forth. Sitting up, Taeyeon looked at her closed closet before slumping back on the bed before wiggling her body and sitting up again. Grabbing a handful of her hair with both of her hands, Taeyeon grimaced. 

“Stress!” 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I didn't expect to write a chapter like this but.. it'll be BaekYeon on the next chapter :)