Chapter 42

Collision of Two Worlds

He's an hour early again. 

I'm hungry and it's getting cold too, Baekhyun thought as he laid himself on the bench at the park, it was already getting late at the afternoon and he knew Taeyeon's not anywhere near coming that time. They're supposed meet a little more later but he kept pacing back and forth at the inn that's why he came to the park only to make himself wait for her. Letting out a sigh, Baekhyun closed his eyes and draped his arm over his eyes. 

Feeling a tap on his arm, Baekhyun removed his hand from his eyes and looking up, his eyes widened as he sat up. “Hey” He greeted and the person smiled at him. “How long have you been here?” Taeyeon asked. “Just arrive ten minutes ago” Baekhyun answered and Taeyeon nodded her head believing his lie. Well, maybe pretending to believe his lie. 

Just like before, when I waited for her. Baekhyun thought. 

“Ten minutes huh” Taeyeon said with a teasing smile and Baekhyun furrowed his brows, feigning innocence. “What?” Baekhyun asked but before she can even give him her answer, Taeyeon chuckled. “You've been waiting for only ten minutes?” Taeyeon asked emphasizing the word 'for'. Nodding his head, Baekhyun still kept his innocent face on. 

“I've been here way before that ten minutes of yours” Taeyeon said while looking at him with a teasing look and Baekhyun's face immediately turned red. “I-I'm telling the truth” Baekhyun said still trying to save himself and Taeyeon snickered. “No, you're here before I did. I came here twenty minutes early but I saw you already here. Say, how long have you been here?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun swallowed the invisible lump blocking his throat. 

“You've been here for twenty minutes?” Baekhyun asked trying to divert Taeyeon's attention but the latter shook her head. “I asked first” She smartly said and Baekhyun sighed in defeat. “Fine, I was here for.. thirty minutes. Satisfied now?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon looked at him with still a hint of doubt on her face upon hearing the tone of reluctance in his voice. “You don't believe me?” Baekhyun asked noticing the doubt Taeyeon has. 

“Just tell me the truth” Taeyeon grumbled making Baekhyun sigh. “Fine. An hour” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon's eyes widened. “You--” 

“So, I already told you how long. Why didn't you approached me when you saw me?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon frowned. “You--” She said. 

“Why didn't you called and approached me?” Baekhyun asked cutting her off, he knows that she's guilty but he knows she doesn't have any reasons to be. After all, it's his choice to wait for her that long.

“I bought you something” Taeyeon said before handling him a small paper bag. “What's this?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon motioned him to open it. Doing what she's telling him to do, Baekhyun opened the bag and took out what's inside it.

“The weather's getting colder” Taeyeon said with a shy smile and Baekhyun chuckled before nodding his head. “Another gift. Thanks” Baekhyun said before wearing it and Taeyeon smiled even more when she noticed that he's wearing the watch she gave him. “I should buy you a gift too” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon shook her head. “It's alright, it's just a payback” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun shook his head. “It's alright” Taeyeon answered and Baekhyun smiled. 

“Then, let me treat you to dinner. How does that sound?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon pondered about it for a moment before nodding her head. “Sure, where do you want to eat?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon stopped and thought for a while. “Can we just get to go foods and eat somewhere?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. 

“Sure thing” He answered. 

Going to the nearest store with to go foods, Baekhyun and Taeyeon packed everything and put it nicely at the backseat of Baekhyun's car. After doing so, Baekhyun closed the door and opened the front gesturing Taeyeon to go inside. After Taeyeon got in, Baekhyun closed it again walked towards the other side. 

“Where to?” Baekhyun asked as soon as he's able to get in. 

“I'll tell you the directions” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun nodded his head as he started the engine and drove off. 

“Wow” Baekhyun said in awe as he looked around the place as soon as he got out of his car, Taeyeon on the other hand chuckled before shaking her head. Opening the door of the backseat, Taeyeon took out everything they bought and noticing this, Baekhyun immediately ran to her and took everything. 

“I'll carry this” He said with a smile and Taeyeon nodded her head. “Follow me” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun nodded his head as he closed the door and followed Taeyeon. Looking around, they got deeper into the forest of maple trees. Noticing that Taeyeon slowed her pace, Baekhyun slowed his pace too as he noticed a lone maple. Seeing Taeyeon sit under it, Baekhyun walked towards her and put the boxes of food down before taking a seat beside her. 

“This looks beautiful” Baekhyun said while looking around making Taeyeon chuckle. “I know right. I love this place” Taeyeon said with a smile. “There's even a lake” Baekhyun said while pointing at the lake in front of them making Taeyeon chuckle. 

“How did you know this place? It's quite far from home right?” Baekhyun asked counting the number of minutes they had to travel from the park to where they're at. “Our school did a volunteer work here before and the students are too noisy that's why I decided to leave the group and ended up here” Taeyeon answered and Baekhyun nodded his head. “That explains the native houses back” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded her head. 

“Most of the ones who lives here are elderly that's why it's this quiet” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun listened attentively to every word she says. He wanted to know more about her, he wanted to get closer to her. “I'm glad you took me here. I mean, living in the city makes me miss this kind of places” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon smiled before nodding her head.

“I like this place” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun smiled before nodding his head. 

But, I like you more.  

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A.N: DOUBLE UPDATE YAAAAAAY! *THROWS CONFETTI EVERYWHERE* I love my readers so much T.T

More fluff on the next chapter :D