Chapter 17

Collision of Two Worlds

“You’re going to eat that?” Baekhyun asked in disbelief when Taeyeon pulled out a small tub of ice cream out from the freezer. Raising her brows, Taeyeon gave him a questioning look before looking around the store. “It helps me sleep” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun furrowed his brows.

“Sleep? Isn’t ice cream supposed to make you stay awake?” Baekhyun asked while trailing behind Taeyeon who’s looking through the aisle of bread. “It works the opposite for me” Taeyeon said before picking a plain bread and making her way towards the counter.

“I can’t believe this” Baekhyun muttered under his breath in amusement but Taeyeon managed to hear him. “If you don’t believe me, you’ll see later” Taeyeon said with a chuckle before handling the tub and the bread the cashier and paying it. “I’ll pay for it” Baekhyun offered. “No, it’s alright. I have my money anyways” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun nodded his head.

Picking up a random flavored bread, Baekhyun put it above the counter and took a bottle of water from the nearby beverage fridge. Seeing Taeyeon make her way out of the store and onto the seats outside, Baekhyun fastened his pace and took a seat in front of her.

Watching Taeyeon open the small tub with a smile, Baekhyun chuckled. “Oh” Taeyeon said making Baekhyun raise his brows, noticing her search through her pockets, Baekhyun’s eyes widened when he saw Taeyeon pull out a disposable spoon from the pocket of her jacket.

“What?” Taeyeon asked when she noticed that Baekhyun was looking at her in disbelief. “N-Nothing, you came prepared eh?” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon chuckled while nodding her head. “In case they don’t have spoons here” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun chuckled.

“You’re always like this?” He asked randomly. “No, it’s my first time doing this here. I have my own supplies back at home so I don’t have to go out unfortunately my sister ate all the ice cream and didn’t even left me some that’s why I’m here” Taeyeon stated and Baekhyun nodded his head.

Seeing her having a hard time opening the bread wrapper, Baekhyun took it from her and tore the wrapper and gave it back to her. “Thanks” Taeyeon said while excitedly scooping the ice cream. Baekhyun on the other hand just watched her, not even bothering to do his own business anymore.

“You want?” Taeyeon asked offering him the small tub. Shaking his head, Baekhyun smiled. “I might not be able to sleep if you make me eat that” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon raised her brows. “It’s supposed to  make you feel sleepy” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun laughed.

“You said it works the opposite for you. I can’t eat that, you don’t want me to look like a zombie tomorrow morning right?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon chuckled before nodding her head. “Alright. You win” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun watched as she sandwiched the ice cream at the bread she bought.

She’s unique, Baekhyun thought.

“Aren’t you going to eat?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun came back to his senses. “I am” He said opening his own food and Taeyeon nodded her head. In no time, Taeyeon manage to eat everything quickly halfway and Baekhyun did nothing but to watch her in amusement.

Seeing her rest her head on table, Baekhyun raised his brows.

“Sleepy now?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon lightly nodded her head. “A bit” She answered and Baekhyun stood up from his seat. “Come on, let me walk you home. I don’t want you to fall asleep—“ Baekhyun said then stopped when he heard the light snoring.

“I think I’ll have to carry you home” Baekhyun stated with a smile before shaking his head. Carrying her on his back, Baekhyun  shook his head when Taeyeon didn’t even budge when he lifted her up. Walking his way towards Taeyeon’s place, Baekhyun kept getting random memories from his past making him frown.

Should I stop seeing her? Baekhyun asked himself. I just kept remembering her, I don’t want to hurt anyone neither I want to still a coward. He continued.

Should I really stop seeing Taeyeon?

Stopping, Baekhyun looked up when he saw the familiar building. Entering, Baekhyun gave the guard a small smile before walking towards the lift. Pressing the floor number, Baekhyun sighed when thoughts kept running wild inside his mind.

What will I do if she finds out who I really am? Will she hate me? Baekhyun thought.

Hearing the door open, Baekhyun stepped out and walked towards Taeyeon’s place. Ringing the doorbell a few times, the door opened revealing a half awake Yoona with her disheveled hair. “What are you doing in the middle of the—“ Yoona asked in annoyance but then stopped when she saw that it was Baekhyun with Taeyeon on his back.

“Good evening to you too” Baekhyun greeted with a smile.

“What is my sister doing with you?” Yoona asked in surprise. “Did she sleepwalk?! Oh my god, I should have locked the door” Yoona said with her hand above her forehead, she kept on rambling on about Taeyeon’s sleeping habit and Baekhyun raised his brows. “She sleep walks?” Baekhyun asked and Yoona stopped rambling.

“She didn’t sleep walk?” Yoona asked and Baekhyun shook his head. “No?” He said and Yoona covered realizing that Taeyeon’s secret was spilled out. “Oh goodness, she’s going to kill me” Yoona muttered before closing her eyes and letting out a shaky breath.

“No” Yoona said then chuckled awkwardly but Baekhyun noticed that she’s just lying. “But why is she with you?” Yoona asked trying to change their topic. “Oh, I bumped into her outside” Baekhyun said. “Outside?” Yoona asked and Baekhyun nodded his head.

“She said that she’ll buy ice cream because she can’t sleep” Baekhuyn stated and Yoona facepalmed. “Goodness, come in” Yoona said leading Baekhyun towards the bedroom and Baekhyun nodded his head. Arriving there, Baekhyun placed Taeyeon the bed and stretched his arms.

“Is she really like this?” Baekhyun asked and Yoona raised her brows. “What like this?” Yoona asked not catching what he meant. “Falling asleep everywhere?” Baekhyun asked causing Yoona to chuckle. “No, I think she ate too much ice cream that she immediately fell asleep because she felt full” Yoona said and Baekhyun raised his brows.

“So, ice cream really makes her fall asleep. Now, I know” Baekhyun stated and Yoona raised her brows. “She told you?” Yoona asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. “I asked her what she’s doing out in the streets in the middle of the night then she said she’s going to buy some ice cream at the convenience store” Baekhyun stated and Yoona chuckled.

“I see. Glad that you bumped into her, I don’t know what I will do if something happens to her without me knowing” Yoona said and Baekhyun smiled a little. “It’s not a problem. I’ll go now” Baekhyun said and Yoona nodded her head but before she can go outside, Baekhyun suddenly said.

“Don’t worry, I won’t tell her that you told me that she sleep walks” Baekhyun said and Yoona immediately turn around. “That..” Yoona said and Baekhyun chuckled.

“My lips are sealed” He said in assurance before going out of Taeyeon’s room and out of the apartment too. “Thanks for taking my sister home” Yoona said and Baekhyun nodded his head before walking towards the lift. Yoona on the other hand walked towards her room and closed the door of Taeyeon’s room.

On the other hand..

Hearing the door creak close, Taeyeon opened her eyes and bit her lips hardly. Shaking her head, Taeyeon sat up and began hitting her head.

“You’re a doofus Taeyeon. A doofus” Taeyeon said before letting out a frustrated sigh.

“How come you fell asleep on him?” Taeyeon asked, her cheeks growing red when she remembered Yoona and Baekhyun’s conversation earlier. Truth was, she really fell asleep back on the store but then woke up when she heard Baekhyun  ringing the doorbell.

“You’re an embarrassment Kim Taeyeon. An embarrassment”

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Let's slow things down, yes? *evil laugh*