Chapter 12

Collision of Two Worlds

He's been pacing back and forth. An hour had passed already, there are no signs of her. He's growing anxious, he's growing nervous.He doesn't know what the outcome will be? It's just a meet up right? That's what he kept telling himself but as much as he does, he kept fidgeting. No, it's not like she's late, he just came early.

Too early.

His phone rang and he shakily picked it up, seeing the number flashing on his phone screen, he smiled. "Hello?" He greeted with nonetheless a happy voice. "I'll be there in ten minutes. I'll see you" She heard him say on the other line making his smile grew wider. All the anxiety, all the nervousness vanished. Just like that.

"Alright. I'm on my way" He lied. No, he doesn't want to tell her that he's been waiting for her there for an hour already. He doesn't want her to know how much he wanted to see her, he doesn't want her to know the reason behind all of these and most of all he doesn't want to be the main reason why she'll stay away from him. He doesn't want to freak her out.

It's better that way. For him to keep secrets than to not be at the least friends with her.

"I'm on my way too.. So.. uh.. see you" He heard her say and he nodded his head with still that same smile plastered on his face. "See you" He said before hanging up. Dropping himself on the bench nearby, he looked up to the sky and tried to reach it, he chuckled. "It's the first time I felt alive again" He muttered while still looking above.

"You look like her.. so much"  He added, his smile turning into a sad one. "I miss you, you know.. even.. when.. you don't really know me" He said with a bitter chuckle, now tears b at the edge of his eyes. "But.. maybe it's really our fate. I thank the heavens for sending someone like you again and I'll make sure not to watch from afar anymore" He wiping the tears away and taking a deep breath.

"I won't be a coward anymore"

 

"Hi?"

That made him bolt up from his seat. "Hey" He said in surprise. Dusting his pants, Baekhyun stood up and offered his hand which Taeyeon accepted kindly. "I'm sorry if I'm late" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun shook his head while scratching his nape. Did she hear what I said? He thought.

"No, it's alright. It's not like I've been waiting for so long. I just arrived" He said with a smile and Taeyeon nodded her head. "I see.. uhm.. sorry if I disturbed you and asked you to come here. I just want to personally say thank you for saving me and.. I want to give you this" Taeyeon said then offered him a dark blue box with a small ribbon above it.

"For me?" Baekhyun asked when Taeyeon handed it out to him. "Yes.. it's.. a thank you.. gift" Taeyeon stated with a hint of worry. Taking it, Baekhyun opened the box and smiled. "Thank you.. it's nice" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon smiled sheepishly relieved that Baekhyun liked her gift.

"I'm glad you liked it" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun nodded his head. "Why? Is it because you're worrying that I might not like it?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon slowly nodded her head causing him to chuckled. "No, it's beautiful. I've honestly been thinking of buying myself a watch but now you gave me one so I really appreciate it" Baekhyun said causing Taeyeon to sigh in relief.

"Really?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun nodded his head reassuringly. "I really like it.. thanks" Baekhyun said and with a wide smile plastered on his face. "You're.. welcome" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun nodded his head. "You're a student in Iris right?"  He asked out of nowhere. 

"Yes.. I am.." Taeyeon answered. "Do you by chance.. know me?" Baekhyun asked partly hoping that Taeyeon doesn't know about him yet. He knows it will be impossible especially her being a senior there and everyone in the senior class knows him but, there's still a part of him that still wishes that she doesn't know him. 

"My sister told me a bit about you. She said that you're one the sponsors in Iris" Taeyeon said unsurely and Baekhyun nodded his head a bit disappointed. "Oh.. really? Well, I'm sorry if I didn't tell you earlier.." Baekhyun said while scratching his nape . 

"It's alright. I know it's hard especially knowing with a lot of people following you around" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun smiled before nodding his head. "You're right.. it's so hard" He said with a frown causing Taeyeon to chuckle. 

"May.. I know why you became a sponsor there? You look too young" Taeyeon said slowly growing comfortable around him. "Well.. that.. it's our family's legacy. Iris" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded her head not asking him anything anymore. "What about you? How'd you find Iris?" Baekhyun asked. 

"Well.. it's because of my sister. It wasn't really our plan to go to Iris, but she kind of.. took the entrance exams for fun and now we're here" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun smiled in amusement. "You're the only one I know that took the exams as fun. Everyone's so serious about it" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon smiled sheepishly. 

"Maybe it's because of luck that's why we passed?" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun laughed. "Really? Isn't it because you felt pressured and studied?" Baekhyun asked teasingly and Taeyeon shook her head. "No, I didn't even get to study before the day of the exams. My sister literally dragged me on that day without even me having a single idea" Taeyeon said and Baekhuyn laughed. "Really?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. 

Finding no words to sat anymore, Baekhyun looked around. 

"Do you want to grab some lunch first? I haven't eaten yet" Baekhyun said sheepishly and Taeyeon gave him a worried look. "Are you alright? If you're that hungry I know some food tents here" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun raised his brows. "Really?" He asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. 

"Should we go?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. "Follow me" Taeyeon said and then walked away leaving the smiling Baekhyun behind. Shaking his head, Baekhyun scratched his nape and chuckled knowing what caused him to be hungry like that, why wouldn't he right? He just waited for her without even having his breakfast and now passing it is taking a toll on him. He sighed with a smile before telling himself.

"It's worth it.." 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Fluff? Fluff? 

I gave you some hints already *throws the hints everywhere*

I hope you'll all get it right.. *whispers* some already got it :D