Chapter 18

Collision of Two Worlds

“Good Morning” Yoona greeted Taeyeon as soon as she entered the kitchen. Noticing that has been frowning ever since she entered the kitchen, Yoona raised her brows. “Is something wrong?” Yoona asked before taking a seat beside her sister who just stared into nothing with a frown while sitting at the chair beside the small table.

Snapping her fingers in front of the latter, Taeyeon went back to reality. “What are you saying?” Taeyeon asked and Yoona raised her brows confused why her sister has been acting like that. “I was asking you what’s wrong, you’re spacing out” Yoona said and Taeyeon sighed.

“It’s just a bad dream” Taeyeon said and Yoona shook her head slowly. “Do you remember anything last night?” Yoona asked and Taeyeon’s face grew red instantly. “What?” Taeyeon asked trying to sound as impassive as she can.

“I said. Do you remember everything that had happened last night?” Yoona asked and even when Taeyeon hates to admit it. She knows she’s caught red-handed. Yoona found out everything right? Baekhyun told her and now Baekhyun found out about her embarrassing side too. All thanks to her great sister.

“I do. Why?” Taeyeon asked trying to sound nonchalant. “Aren’t you going to explain why you sneaked out last night?” Yoona asked before crossing her arms causing Taeyeon to roll her eyes. “The last time I checked I’m the older one here” Taeyeon said and Yoona frowned, her face portraying a stop-kidding-around-me look.

 “I’m serious here. Serious” Yoona said and Taeyeon sighed. “I can’t sleep” Taeyeon stated and Yoona raised her brows. “So you just went out without me knowing? What if something happens to you out there?” Yoona asked and instead of getting irritated, Taeyeon felt bad knowing that her sister had worried so much about her.

“I’m sorry but I don’t want to wake you up knowing that you’re tired. Don’t worry, I won’t leave without you knowing anymore” Taeyeon said and Yoona smiled before nodding her head. “About Baekhyun. How did you bump into him?” Yoona asked and Taeyeon’s face grew red again.

“Oh. That. I was on my way to the store and he bumped into me” Taeyeon said and Yoona nodded her head before getting up. “Let’s get going then. We don’t want to be late right?” Yoona asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. Letting out a sigh, Taeyeon dropped her over the table making Yoona turn her head back to Taeyeon again.

“Aren’t you feeling well?” Yoona asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. “Can I skip school for today?” Taeyeon asked with puppy eyes and Yoona nodded her head. “Alright, I was thinking of not going today too” Yoona said and Taeyeon raised her brows.

“It’s just the welcoming rites. Nothing more” Yoona said and Taeyeon nodded her head. “Are you sick?” Yoona asked and Taeyeon shook her head, lifting it up, she gave her sister a pout. “Can we go to the mall later?” Taeyeon asked and Yoona nodded her head.

“Oh, I remember. Let’s buy some supplies too so you won’t sneak out next time” Yoona said and Taeyeon frowned remembering all the embarrassing things that had happened last night. “Okay. Just wake me up. I feel like wanting to get some sleep again” Taeyeon said and Yoona nodded her head.

Later in the afternoon..

“That” Taeyeon said while pointing at the freezer full of ice cream tubs. “What flavor?” Yoona asked. “Just pick five different flavors” Taeyeon said and Yoona raised her brows. “Five?!” She asked and Taeyeon raised her brows looking nonchalant about Yoona’s sudden raise of voice. “What? It’s not like I’m going to finish it all in one day” Taeyeon said and Yoona shook her head, complying to her sister’s wishes, Yoona took five different flavors and put it inside the cart.

“What else?” Yoona asked. “Three packs of bread” Taeyeon said and Yoona pushed the cart towards the aisle of bread. Picking up three packs, Yoona threw it inside the cart causing Taeyeon to grin like a Cheshire cat.

“What else?” Yoona asked and Taeyeon pondered about it for a moment. “Jellies?” Taeyeon asked and Yoona’s face immediately turned blank. “What are you? A preschooler?” Yoona asked and Taeyeon pouted. “I’ve been craving for it, pretty please?” Taeyeon asked while clasping her hands together and giving her a puppy look.

Rolling her eyes, Yoona shoved Taeyeon aside. “Let’s go get your jellies” Yoona said and Taeyeon’s eyes immediately lit up. “Yes!” Taeyeon shouted in victory as she did a fist pump.

“Uh. Excuse me?” Taeyeon heard a familiar voice from behind her, turning around she froze in place when she saw who the person was. “Oh, hi there” The person said and Taeyeon immediately brought her hand down and turned before briskly walking away.

“Taeyeon” Yoona called but Taeyeon was preoccupied with walking away. Looking back behind her, Yoona saw Baekhyun standing there with another guy. “Hi” Baekhyun greeted and Yoona furrowed her brows.

“Hello” Yoona greeted. “Why did Taeyeon ran away?” Baekhyun asked in confusion and Yoona shrugged her shoulders. “I don’t know” Yoona answered before shaking her head. “I’ll go after her, have a nice day” Yoona said before giving them a light bow and walking away too.

“Why did you walk away like that?” Yoona asked as soon as she saw Taeyeon standing beside an aisle with packs of jellies in her arms. “What? No, I was just excited about the jellies that’s why I came here immediately” Taeyeon reasoned out silently praying that Yoona will believe her.

“Really?” Yoona asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. “Really” Taeyeon answered before putting at the packs inside the cart causing Yoona’s eyes to widen. “That much jelly?!” Yoona asked in disbelief and Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

“Because I know that you’ll eat my jellies too” Taeyeon said causing Yoona to stop talking, her face turning red in embarrassment. “Alright, you win” Yoona said and Taeyeon smiled cheekily before walking away leaving Yoona frowning and mumbling incoherent words while pushing the cart.

On the other hand..

“Who are they?” Sehun asked as soon as the two girls were out of their sight. Turning his head sidewards, Baekhyun raised his brows and Sehun raised his too. “Those girls?” Sehun asked and Baekhyun frowned.

“They’re students at Iris” Baekhyun answered and noticed the amused smile Sehun has on. “They’re pretty” Sehun muttered but Baekhyun managed to hear it making him hit Sehun’s stomach with his elbow. “What was that for?” Sehun asked while rubbing the spot Baekhyun hit.

“Stop checking them out” Baekhyun said sternly and Sehun raised his brows. “I wasn’t!” He defended. “Oh yeah? I can tell you’re lying” Baekhyun said with a frown and Sehun stuck his tongue out causing Baekhyun to almost hit him again.

“Why are you so stern about that anyway and I wasn’t checking the both of them” Sehun said and Baekhyun raised his brows. “What?” Baekhyun asked not catching what Sehun meant. Giving him a cheeky smile, Sehun scratched his nape.

“I said I wasn’t checking the both of them” Sehun repeated louder and clearer this time.

“Then what?” Baekhyun asked.

“I just find the first one attractive alright. She’s pretty especially when she walked away flustered” Sehun said and Baekhyun knew whom he’s talking about making him hit Sehun’s stomach with his elbow again causing Sehun to grunt. “Why are you hitting me?” Sehun asked with his face distorted.

“Stop it. I’m already warning you” Baekhyun threatened and Sehun raised his brows. “Why? Is it wrong for me to—“

But before Sehun could even his sentence, Baekhyun already cut him off.

“She’s taken”

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Story Trivia: Lion’s Heart is the story’s first title choice :D I named this story Lion’s Heart before and almost finished it with about 40 chapters but stopped halfway when I felt like not doing it anymore. But when I started writing ‘airplanes’ I decided to revamp it knowing that the plot will be wasted if I won’t give this story a chance (another trivia, this story is older than airplanes). The plot didn’t change though after I tried to revamp it but this story wasn’t really made for BaekYeon even when Taeyeon’s the main character and EXO-K played a great role in the story.

P.S. I think it’s a great coincidence that SNSD’s newest album (the 5th album) is entitled as “Lion Heart” as it’s double title together with “You Think”. It made me remember the time I made this story >< By the way, it was said that SNSD’s going to release 3 MV’s. So I think it’s for “Lion Heart”, “You Think” and “Party”.

Let’s all look forward to it alright?

Thanks for reading~

P.P.S: I’ll reveal the second title choice for this story too. Just wait~