Chapter 23

Collision of Two Worlds

She’s there, he saw her get out of the cab and seeing her walk towards the edge off the cliff where the broken concrete walls are, Baekhyun immediately got off of his car and ran towards her. “Stop” He said right after he held Taeyeon’s wrist.

She’s not saying anything, but a lone tear escaped her eyes.

He looked at her and saw emptiness. It scared him.

“Why does this have to happen to my sister?” Taeyeon asked while looking at the people working on boats below, she felt tears b again when she saw the edge of the bus showing up from the water. She saw people looking through the broken glass, shouting incoherent words but from where she’s standing she only saw darkness inside of it.

Just like what she’s in right now.

She then looked at the broken concrete barriers and frowned. Would this happen if she came with Yoona? She thought. She blamed herself, she thought, what did Yoona felt when that tragedy was happening? Did Yoona think of her? Did Yoona hate her for not coming?

She hated herself, knowing that her sister got no one beside her on the last seconds of her life.

“Things happen for a reason and I’m not going to tell you that it’s alright because I know it’s not. I’ve been like this too, and I know how painful it is but I want you to know that if you need someone to lean on, I’ll always be here” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon weakly smiled before nodding her head.

“Yoona’s right” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun furrowed his brows. “She said.. you’ll be a good company when she’s gone” Taeyeon said while still looking down the water making him look at her more worried than he is already.

“Taeyeon”

“I should have come with her”

“It’s not your fault”

“But she died alone”

“Things happen—“

“I should be the one down there not her”

“Stop” Baekhyun said, his voice getting louder. “You think Yoona would like it if she sees you blaming yourself over nothing? Do you remember how your sister cared so much for you that she worries even for just the little things?” Baekhyun asked. “Did you even consider the thought that maybe, she felt thankful that nothing bad happened to you?” Baekhyun continued and Taeyeon kept mum.

Her face still blank.

“Stop blaming yourself, you’re making it hard” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon chuckled sarcastically. “Then who should I blame?” Taeyeon asked her voice getting louder. “Do you know how frustrated I am to get my sister back to life?! Don’t you know how hard my life would be without her?! I got nothing now!” Taeyeon shouted making Baekhyun shake his head while frowning.

“Then what about your parents?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon stopped. “They..” Taeyeon said but then stopped when she remembered them. Yes, she got them but would that be enough? “Look, you have them. You should be thankful” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon clenched her fist.

“Put yourself in my shoes and see what it really feels like to be alone. To have no one” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon heard something more from the tone of his voice. Was it anger and sadness? She looked at him, she wanted to say something but he already turned his back from her.

“I’ll wait for you in the car. We should go back to your parents and might as well apologize for leaving like that” Baekhyun said before walking away and Taeyeon looked down again and clenched her fists trying to control her tears.

“Are you still in there Yoong?” Taeyeon asked while looking down. “I’m missing you already and I know this might sound crazy but come out of there. Please” Taeyeon said before turning around, with heavy footsteps, she walked away.

“Mom, Dad” Taeyeon said as soon as she saw her parents again, seeing worry fill their eyes, Taeyeon felt bad for running like that. “I’m glad you’re safe. Where did you even go?” Mrs. Im asked while hugging Taeyeon tightly.

“I just..” Taeyeon trailed. “Mom, I’m sorry” Taeyeon said changing her words already and Mrs. Im shook her head while rubbing her daughter’s back. “It’s alright. I know” Mrs. Im said and Taeyeon hugged her mom back before nodding her head.

“It’s alright Taeyeon-ah. Be strong” She heard her father say and Taeyeon sighed. Pulling away from her mother, Taeyeon walked towards her father hugged him too. “I’m sorry dad.. I’m sorry” Taeyeon said as tears spilled out from her eyes again and her father sighed.

“It’s alright, things happen for a reason right?” He said with a smile and even with that, Taeyeon can still see sadness in his eyes. How could that not keep her from blaming herself? “Dad..” Taeyeon said and the man knew what she’s going to say so he shook his head.

“No, it’s not your fault” He sincerely said and Taeyeon looked down still not able to shrug the guilt she has inside. Yes, she knows she didn’t do anything wrong but she blames herself for not being able to look after her sister, it was her responsibility.

A responsibility she failed to do.

“Listen to me. Yoona wouldn’t be glad seeing you like this, stop feeling so bad about it alright?” Mr. Im asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. “I think we should head home first, I don’t think staying here would be a good idea besides you need to rest” Mr. Im said while looking at his daughter worriedly. Taeyeon sighed, would she be able to stay home knowing that the place she’s going have lots of memories of her and Yoona? Would she be able to go back to their apartment knowing that no one would be there accompanying her anymore?

“Dad” Taeyeon said while looking at her father with pleading eyes. “I don’t think I can” Taeyeon said and Mr. Im sighed before hugging his daughter. “I know it’s hard but do you think Yoona will like it if she sees you sad?” Mr. Im asked and Taeyeon shook her head and was about to cry again when Mrs. Im held her hand.

“I know how much it hurts Taeyeon-ah. We all miss her and we all want her back but the least thing we can do right now is to show her that we’re going to be fine, you always know how your sister wanted us to smile even when it’s hard and you don’t want Yoona to be sad right?” Mrs. Im asked and Taeyeon nodded her head like a little kid being scolded.

“I know mom. I’m just not used to this whole thing” Taeyeon said and Mr. Im nodded his head. “I know. We’re not used to it too but let’s try to do this together alright? Yoona wouldn’t like it seeing you sad” Mr. Im encouraged and Taeyeon slowly nodded her head.

“Let’s go home?” Mr. Im asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. Turning her head to Baekhyun, Taeyeon gave him a small smile. “You go first dad. I’ll just talk to my friend here before we head home” Taeyeon said and Mr. Im glanced at Baekhyun before nodding his head.

“Alright” He answered before reluctantly letting go of his daughter and taking his wife’s hand before leaving.

“I.. sorry for raising my voice on you earlier” Taeyeon apologized causing Baekhyun to weakly smile and shake his head. “No, it’s alright. I told you that I would be here right? I know how it feels like to lose someone you love but trust me, your parents’ right. You don’t want to make them sad right?” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded her head.

Taking a step forward, Taeyeon hesitantly encircled her arms around him taking Baekhyun by surprise but nonetheless hugged her back.

“Thank you for always being there”

“Anything for you” 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: My readers are being detectives now *evil laugh*

YOONA'S ALIVE? WHAT MADE YOU THINK SOOO? *flips the table*

More surprises to come *runs away*