Chapter 66

Collision of Two Worlds

“Baekhyun.. I got the results. Meet me in Iris” 

That's what woke him up, he opened his eyes as soon as he heard what Leeteuk had told him. He felt sudden fear, would he be able to face what's coming to him now? What if he fails killing that heir and he's the one that's going to be in danger instead? What if they make him as their captive and hurt Taeyeon instead? 

No, it's still early and the sun's just starting to rise but then there he is, worrying about his day already. Now he wished to be just a normal human instead, their lives may be boring to him but it's the safest way to live, even when he has a limited time if he's human then he'll gladly take it than the immortality he has now. He'd rather be safe with Taeyeon by his side with a given time than to live for eternity with uncertainties. 

Getting off from his bed, Baekhyun got himself ready and made his way towards Taeyeon's apartment wanting to accompany her to school. Stopping himself at the other side of the road, Baekhyun waited for Taeyeon to come out of the building doors and only after a minute, she came out and immediately spotted him. Seeing her walk towards him, Baekhyun got out of his car and approached her. 

“What are you doing here?” Taeyeon questioned and Baekhyun frowned. “I told you I'll pick you up right?” Baekhyun answered and Taeyeon nodded her head. “Right” Taeyeon answered and Baekhyun smiled. “Where's Yoona?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders. “Haven't seen her this morning” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun nodded his head. “She must be with Sooyoung and Yuri” Baekhyun stated and Taeyeon pouted. “That girls replacing me already” She huffed making Baekhyun laugh. 

“Just forget about it, I'll call her later. We have a meeting to do anyways but let's get you to school first” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded her head. Opening the car door for her, Baekhyun waited for Taeyeon to enter the car before closing the door and walking towards the other side.

“Do you have to see the dean today?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. “Yeah, I need to see him today' Baekhyun answered before giving her a quick glance. “I need to tell you something” Taeyeon suddenly said out of nowhere and Baekhyun raised his brows, his eyes still focused on driving. “What is it?” Baekhyun asked. 

“I talked about some things with Yoona last night..” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun nodded his head telling her to go on. “and I clearly know that you're in danger as much as I am” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun slowly nodded his head. “But.. I just want you to know that.. whatever decisions you make.. I'll still be with you all throughout the way” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun smiled before nodding his head. “You promise?” He asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. 

“I promise” 

“Want me to walk you to class?” Baekhyun asked as soon as they arrived at school. “You're really confident to walk around now huh?” Taeyeon asked teasingly with a chuckle and Baekhyun shook his head while smiling. “Maybe because I have my student repellant?” Baekhyun asked jokingly and Taeyeon rolled her head before walking towards the building entrance. 
“Hey, you haven't answered my question yet” Baekhyun said trailing behind her. “You're already there, there's nothing I can do” Taeyeon said with a chuckle and Baekhyun shook his head. Fastening his pace, Baekhyun finally reached her. Smiling, Baekhyun intertwined their fingers. He held her hand tight. 

Just like how he's going to hold her for eternity.

“We're here” Taeyeon said as soon as they stopped in front of Taeyeon's homeroom. “You should go see the dean now” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun pouted as he shook his head making Taeyeon chuckle. “Why?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun sighed. “Can you.. accompany me to hyung's office? I don't think I can do this alone please?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon furrowed her brows. Sensing that something's wrong with the tone of his voice, Taeyeon looked at him worriedly. 

“Is there something wrong?” She asked and Baekhyun meekly nodded his head. “I don't think I can face his news for me alone.. it's kind of… about.. Kangta hyung and me and I don't trust myself to handle it well. Can you be with me there?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon smiled before nodding her head. “Sure” She answered and Baekhyun weakly smiled. 

“I just want you to know about this too” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon smiled before nodding her head. “It's not a problem” She said with a smile and Baekhyun weakly smiled back before nodding his head. Taking her hand, Baekhyun walked towards the dean's office with Taeyeon behind him. 

Entering the door, Baekhyun walked inside the office only to see Leeteuk standing by the window. “Hyung” Baekhyun called and Leeteuk turned around, when he saw Baekhyun, his face grew pale. Sunny was there too and even Boa. 

“Is there something wrong?” Baekhyun asked upon noticing the sudden change of expression in Leeteuk's face, glancing at Taeyeon, he gave her a small smile before letting go of her hand and walking towards Leeteuk. “I..I got the results” He said before glancing at Taeyeon and back to Baekhyun. 

“What's the result?” Baekhyun asked and Leeteuk opened a drawer on his desk and took out an envelope. “I don't think I can read it out loud.. it's better if you read it” Leeteuk said and Baekhyun glanced at Taeyeon before reluctantly taking the envelope from Leeteuk. 

Opening it, Baekhyun took the papers from inside the envelope and slowly read each and every word. Everyone in the room waited anxiously including Taeyeon. Noticing that his grip around the paper tightened, Taeyeon watched him cautiously. His eyes are slowly turning red and she knows that it's not a good sign of him handling the situation well anymore. 

“This is not it!” Baekhyun shouted as he ripped the paper into pieces, his eyes already bright red. “It is Baekhyun, I was surprised too. I.. I can't believe the results but it's the truth” Leeteuk defended and Baekhyun shook his head. “This..” He said showing the ripped paper to Leeteuk. “Should not exist” Baekhyun said as he ripped in even more. 

“Baekhyun.. calm down why are you even getting so worked up about it? Who's the heir?” Boa asked and Baekhyun turned his head to Boa and shook his head. “You're wrong” Baekhyun said, his attention back to Leeteuk. “It was the result you have to kill the heir!” Leeteuk snapped and Baekhyun lifted his fist up ready to hit him when he felt a hand on his wrist. 

“Baekhyun. Stop, you shouldn't hurt him” Taeyeon said hoping to calm him down and Baekhyun immediately retreated his hand back and calmed himself down. Seeing this, Leeteuk sighed and shook his head. 

“We need to talk” Sunny said out of nowhere, she knew what the commotion is already and she knows how bad Baekhyun is with handling situations especially when he's mad. “Taeyeon.. can you go back to class and wait for Baekhyun there? We'll talk this out” Sunny said and Taeyeon reluctantly let go of his wrist and nodded her head. “She stays” Baekhyun firmly said and Sunny shook her head.

“Get yourself together Baekhyun.. nothing will happen to her here. Calm down” Sunny said, the doubt in his eyes didn't go unnoticed to her. “I promise” She sincerely said and Baekhyun nodded his head knowing that immortals don't break promises. 

“Alright” He answered before turning his attention back to Taeyeon. “Call me if something wrong happens, alright?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. “Sure” She answered and Baekhyun nodded his head as he watched her go out of the office. 

“We can't talk here” Sunny said and Baekhyun looked at her questioningly. “Then what are you going to do?” Baekhyun asked and Sunny snapped her fingers. Soon, Krystal and Jessica appeared. “We'll take you to the quarters” Jessica said and before they knew it, they're already standing at their quarters inside the abandoned village. 

“What are you doing here?” Sooyoung asked in surprise when she noticed the addition inside the room. “WE need to talk about something” Boa said and Yuri furrowed her brows. “Why?” She asked and Sunny sighed before glancing at Leeteuk. 

“The heir has been found” Leeteuk said and everyone nodded their heads except from Sunny, Boa and Baekhyun. “Aren't you suppose to kill the heir now?” Kai asked and Baekhyun immediately turned his head to him, his face impassive. 

“No one's getting killed” Baekhyun answered making everyone in the room confused and shock. “What? I thought you're supposed to kill the heir? Why change your mind now? Do you want to risk everyone's lives in the legion?” Sehun asked and Baekhyun clenched his fist. “No one's going to die! You don't understand!” He shouted and everyone looked at him questioningly. 

“She's a threat to us Baekhyun” Leeteuk said and Baekhyun flexed his jaw, trying to control his anger. “Can't you see how innocent she is?! She doesn't even know how to hurt someone why kill her?!” Baekhyun asked his anger getting the best of him already. 

“Her? I thought it's.. a guy..” Kai stated getting what it is already and Baekhyun sighed trying to control himself from getting angrier. “Is the heir..” Sehun trailed. 

“It's Taeyeon..” Sunny said and everyone in the room gasped. “No, not my sister” Yoona said disbelief and Leeteuk turned his attention to her. “She's not really your sister right? Your parents are just her legal guardians..” Leeteuk trailed and Baekhyun, not being able to handle himself anymore balled his fist up and punched Leeteuk making him fly towards the wall and crash on it. 

“You're wrong! She's not the heir!” Baekhyun said, his eyes flaming red. Everyone in the room was holding him now, Sunny and Yoona standing between Leeteuk and Baekhyun. “She is Baekhyun.. the results say so..” Leeteuk said and Baekhyun shook his head, a mix of anger and pain present in his red eyes.

“Taeyeon's the heir and you're going to kill her. You're fated to kill her”

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: 

Fact: The second 'supposed-to-be-title' of this story was Fated to Kill You. 

I know readers, I know.. ya'll guessed it right