Let Go

Twist of Destiny ~ The Sequel

The doors in the house banged loudly, everybody running around as the last command was given. Maids ran around the place, not even having a reason to, they just did. The Dragons were all having a little riot at the dining hall as Jiyong walked up the stairs, where Youngbae was, resting his back on the wall, looking distantly as he played with a gun on his hands. Jiyong smiled and walked over him, standing at his front with a wicked smirk.

“You are insane.” Youngbae muttered, to which Jiyong shrugged.

“Eavesdropping?” Jiyong said as he raised an eyebrow, but Youngbae simply narrowed his eyes.

“A war? Now?” Youngbae said, and Jiyong shrugged.

“Why not? We are still enemies, why not start now, what’s there to lose?” Jiyong said, now walking towards his office. Youngbae followed him, not forgetting to close and lock the door after him.

“Have you forgotten that my birth mother lives there?” Youngbae said as Jiyong grabbed his half empty bottle of Whiskey.

“And since when did you cared?” Jiyong said as he lifted the bottle and pressed it on his lips, drinking from the liquor.

“I don’t.” Youngbae said as Jiyong gulped, letting out a satisfactory sound, then cleaning his mouth with the back of his hand.

“Then why stop?” Jiyong said, searching on his desk frantically.

“Maybe the fact that you’re a junkie now, and clearly not thinking carefully. Second, the fact that not long ago, you literally lost everything. Weren’t you just complaining about how unfair life was to you?” Jiyong lifted his head and glared at him.

“Exactly, life’s not fair to me, so I’m ing it hard, and ing everyone in between.” He said, signaling round with his index finger. His rings seemed almost too big on his hands, he had lost weight.

“Everything’s about ing somebody with you, huh?” Youngbae said, crossing his arms firmly.

“ is life.” Jiyong said, smirking widely as he grabbed what he was looking for, a brand new joint of marihuana. “ is everything.

“Oh come one, you haven’t had since she passed away.” Youngbae scoffed.

“Don’t talk to me like that.” Jiyong hissed as he slumped down on his chair, his robes opening slightly, showing his bare, skinny chest.

“What would she say if she saw you like this? Do you think you would make her proud? She’ll be ashamed of you.” Youngbae said, walking towards Jiyong, who was too busy lighting up his blunt. “I bet she must be twisting in her grave.” With that, Jiyong hit the desk so hard it almost flew to the front, and with the same impulse, he stood up, jumping on top of Youngbae and dragging him all the way to the wall, where he pinned him by his neck.

“Just shut up already! SHUT UP!” Jiyong yelled, the blunt long gone from his mouth, yet his eyes were fiery red, his veins popping and his hands trembling. “Don’t ever mention her to me again. EVER!”

“She must be regretting dying for you.” Youngbae hissed, and lifted his fist, glaring directly into Youngbae’s eyes. “Must feel like a burden, killing herself in order to save you, only for you to throw your life to waste.” Jiyong’s hand trembled, but he couldn’t hit Youngbae, after all, he was right, and everything he said was the mere truth. Jiyong let out a scream and punched the wall, hearing his bones cracking loudly, yet, he felt no pain, too numb on drugs to even feel that.

“Shut up!”

“She died for a junkie, a drug addict. I personally wish she never did that, throwing her life to waste for you. Who are you but a low life gangster?” Youngbae said, and Jiyong screamed again, letting go of his neck and moving hastily towards his desk. He was already wobbly, stumbling on his own feet as he reached his golden gun. With his bloody hand, he held it, but his hand lost it’s strength, and the gun fell down. Jiyong threw himself on the floor, trying to hold the gun, only to fail again. It was either the drugs or the pain he felt inside, he wasn’t sure. “You’re pathetic.”

“Why are you doing this to me? STOP!” Jiyong screamed, finally giving up on holding his gun as he threw himself back, his back hitting the desk as his hands held his head. “Just stop.” He sobbed.

“I’ll stop when you show me you deserve better.” Youngbae said, slowly walking towards him.

“Stop, just stop this.” Jiyong said, over and over again as he sobbed, his knees holding his elbows as his hands held his head. “Stop this torture.”

“Torture is watch you killing yourself slowly.” Youngbae whispered as he knelt in front of him. “Torture is knowing she died for you, and you’re wasting that. Torture seeing your slow suicide attempt.”

“No.” Jiyong sobbed, now hitting his back against the desk, all in a series of involuntary movements. “That’s far from being a torture.” He muttered.

“Just stop Jiyong, stop. It’s been months already, and all you’re doing is decaying, don’t make me lose my brother.” Youngbae said, slowly putting his hands on Jiyong shoulders. “Don’t make me watch you die.”

“I watched her die Youngbae,” Jiyong said, his face all wet from his tears, his mouth twitching and his hands trembling as he finally felt all of his feelings spilling down. “I watched her die.”

“It’s ok to cry Jiyong, no one’s going to blame you for crying.” Youngbae whispered, and Jiyong nodded, sobbing harder. Youngbae quickly held his neck and pulled him towards his chest, holding him tight as Jiyong cried for the first time since she died.

“I saw her die,” Jiyong said again. “How much pain I gave her, she gave me. She said it, an Eye for an Eye, but I was too naïve. I saw her die!”

“It’s ok.” Youngbae muttered as he continued to hold Jiyong firmly.

“Why did I have to kill her father Youngbae?” Jiyong said, weeping. “Why did I have to accept that job? I did this to myself, and I deserve this, but why her? Why did she had to die on me?”

“You didn’t know Jiyong, you didn’t know.” Youngbae said, but Jiyong shook his head.

“I knew, all along I knew she was too perfect.” He said. “We are not meant to love, to feel, and I broke the law, and look at the outcome. She had to pay for my mistakes. She died on me.” Youngbae held him tighter. Jiyong let out a sigh as more tears came down. The dizziness taking over him as he held onto his brother.

Finally, it became too much to bear, and he felt his lungs deflating inside his chest, felt his throat burning, making him cough. Mucus and saliva came out of his nose and mouth, and Youngbae pushed him slightly, so he could take a look. Jiyong felt his face burning as he continued to cough. “Ji?”

“I-I can’t breathe.” Jiyong said. Youngbae widened his eyes and sat Jiyong upright, patting his back carefully. “I can’t breathe.”

“Just try and relax, you’re going to be fine.” Youngbae said, moving smoothly towards the mess that once was Jiyong’s desk, grabbing a few napkins and pressing them against Jiyong’s nose. Jiyong held them, and when he pulled away, he saw them stained with blood. He shook his head, almost laughing at the blood on the napkin.

“Just what I needed.” Jiyong muttered, pressing the napkin on his nose again. Youngbae scoffed and grabbed a few more napkins, cleaning Jiyong’s face.

“Your just deserved,” Youngbae said as he continued to clean the blood that streamed down Jiyong’s lips and jaw. “ usually does that.”

“It’s not the .” Jiyong muttered. “I barely use it.”

“Then what is?” Youngbae said, finally sitting down on the floor, facing Jiyong.

“Must be exhaustion.” Jiyong said, his voice coming out of his nose as he rested his back on the desk. “I can’t sleep anymore.”

“You are going to kill yourself if you don’t stop.” Youngbae muttered, throwing the dirty napkins into the trashcan.

“The pain drives me crazy, I can’t stand it.” Jiyong said, taking a quick look at the bottle of Whiskey, still closed, lying on the floor. “It’s too much.”

“Well, it’s going to be way more, now that you want this war.” Youngbae said, straightening his back. “Come to think about it, do you really want to kill the people that saved you?”

“They didn’t saved me or us, they saved themselves.” Jiyong said, now looking at the bloody napkin. “They thought they would get on my weak side by playing that trick. But no, it’s not going to work.”

“They are Chaerin’s family.” Youngbae said, and Jiyong glared at him.

“Chaerin’s dead, meaning I got no affiliates left on that family.” Jiyong hissed, now looking at the door. “I got nothing else to lose.”

One last look. That’s all she needed to find the courage to do what needed to be done. One last look, and his face, filled with despair and desperation, told her it was the right thing. She had found his core, had found the thing that weakened him. It was payback, a sick, sadistic and distorted payback. It was the time, she felt it in inside, felt it in every cell of her body. With one last breath, looking right into his direction, she lifted the dagger that Jiyong handed her, carved with the Dragon that cursed them all, and shall continue to be the core of every disgrace upon that name.

“Taemin, NOW!” She screamed, and Taemin widened his eyes, looking at her, then running towards Jiyong. She smiled and looked at Jiyong, who widened his eyes at her as she moved the dagger around, tip facing her abdomen. His face fell, and the misery became desperation, and the desperation became agony. It was all written with black ink all over his eyes, his face. He was afraid.

“Chaerin!” Sooman screamed, slowly lowering the gun that was pointing at Jiyong. “Put that knife down.”

“If I’m dead, you’ll lose a part of your treasure, you’ll lose Sooman, you’ll lose.” She said, smiling in the most sadistic and insane way she could. Sooman widened his eyes, letting go of his gun. She smiled, and moved her head towards Jiyong, who was as pale as the moon, looking at her with a pleading expression.

“C-Chaerin?” He said, and as if reality had hit him, he froze, his mouth hanging slightly open and his eyes turning round. She smiled again, her hands trembling as she tried to let him know with one last look how much she loved him, even if she had to make him endure that pain, she loved him.

“An eye for an Eye, Jiyong.” She said, instantly regretting it as she saw a tear falling from Jiyong’s eyes. Only one tear, showing how shocked and confused he was. She felt her eyes burning, how much she wanted to touch him, to feel him, to kiss him and let him know how much she loved him. “I love you.” She said, words were the only thing that could come out of her, and she prayed, hoped he understood how much those three words meant to her. It was the only way out for him, and if she had to pay the price, she would gladly do, even if the price was her own life. Better her than his.

“STOP! NO!” He screamed as he tried to run towards her, but Taemin was already holding him in place. She let one tear fall from her eye, and her hand moved fast towards her abdomen. She felt everything in slow motion, how the cold tip of the dagger sank within her flesh, how it cut through her skin and inside her body. She gasped, feeling dizzy instantly as a clog of blood made its way out of . “NO!” She heard at the distance Jiyong’s voice. She buried the dagger deeper, gasping as it broke inside of her.

Everyone went over her, and as they did, she managed to see Taemin dragging out Jiyong. That was enough to make her happy, and slowly, falling down on her knees, she gave one last smile as the blood streamed down from her abdomen and mouth. “Chaerin, oh my God, no!” Kikwang screamed as he went over her, holding her thin body against his chest. “What have you done?!”

“Let him go.” She gasped as he held her tightly. Kikwang looked at her in disbelieve as she tried to hold his hand. “Let him go.”

“W-What?” Kikwang said, but Chaerin had started to cough, and the pain became unbearable. “Move!” She heard him screamed, then, she felt herself being lifted from the floor. Her head hanged lose against Kikwang’s arm, but everything seemed too distant, she was drifting away, feeling as if the tides of the ocean moved her slowly away, calming her nerves and her mind as they slowly caressed her. She was happy.

“Just let him live, let him go.” She whispered one more time as the tides dragged her completely, and she was submerged in a dark ocean, feeling nothing but the emptiness of it. A deafening emptiness that made her lose every real feeling, everything else didn’t mattered anymore, she was long gone. In peace. “Just let him go.”

 


Gily's Notes: Woah! Thank so much! Thank you, thank you so much!!

I am excited for this, let's hope everything comes out smoothly and I can give you a GREAT story, you guys deserve it!

And, well, don't forget this is TWIST OF DESTINY, anything can happen, right? RIGHT?

Those who have read my other stories (Collide, Collision, Reincarnation) know what I mean >D

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥