Blood

Twist of Destiny ~ The Sequel

“I better just dispatch you, so you would get off my case.” Jonghoon said as he signed a paper. Jiyong smiled while Youngbae simply shook his head.

“His hand’s still useless.” Youngbae said, but Jiyong was already pilling his clothes on his suitcase.

“Who cares, I’m leaving.” Jiyong said as he grabbed a pair of boxers, pilling them however he could into the suitcase with his good hand. Youngbae put a hand over the suitcase, glaring at Jiyong while taking out a gun.

“Hold it.”

“Youngbae, this is a hospital.” Jonghoon said, but Youngbae lifted a hand, stopping from talking any further. Jonghoon let out a sigh and closed the door to the room.

“Why?” Jiyong said, but Youngbae just hissed.

“I said, hold it.” Youngbae said. Jiyong rolled his hands, grabbing the gun with his right hand.

“What’s there to it?” Jiyong said, but right at that moment, Youngbae threw a punch to Jiyong’s face. Jiyong lifted his left hand to avoid it, but the fist landed on his face, throwing him on the floor.

“!” He screamed as he tried to stop the fall with his left hand, hurting himself on the way. Jiyong put his right hand on the floor, still holding the gun as he tried to stand up, he felt Youngbae rushing towards him, and when he lifted his face, Youngbae kicked the gun and held Jiyong’s hair with one hand and the other hand holding a knife close to his throat.

“Youngbae!” Jonghoon screamed, but Youngbae didn’t stopped. Jiyong tried to break free, but he only had one good hand, he was weak. He put his right hand on top of Youngbae’s hand while his forearm tried to push the knife away. He failed, and the knife cut a bit of his skin.

“Enough!” Jiyong screamed, and Youngbae let go, cleaning the tip of his knife with his sleeve, panting.

“So tell me, how exactly are you planning to get out into the world, handicapped like that?” Youngbae said. Jiyong coughed a bit as he stood up, cleaning the blood from his neck with the back of his right hand. He didn’t said another word, just continued to clean his wound with the gauzes Jonghoon handed him. “You can’t even defend yourself properly, how do you expect to survive this war you brought?”

“He’s right.” Jonghoon said.

“But I can’t stay here, either. Kim Jonghyun knows I’m here, pretty soon, I’ll have the Lees on my , and as you said, Youngbae, I am weak.” Jiyong said. “What do you suggest?”

“You need your treatment.” Youngbae said, but Jiyong shook his head no.

“I need to get out of here.” Jiyong said.

“If I may suggest something,” Jonghoon started. “I think I can treat you in your house, if that’s possible.”

“No, that’s out of the question.” Youngbae said, but Jiyong looked at him deep in thought.

“Youngbae…” Jiyong started.

“What? Are you considering this?” Youngbae said in disbelieve.

“He’s a doctor.”

“So?” Youngbae said.

“So he must have a duty with his patients, some kind of law that forbids him from saying anything about them, and I am a patient.”

“And he’s also the son of one of our enemies, mind you. He’s a Choi, if you don’t quite remember, and let me refresh your mind, his aunt is the wife of Lee Sooman, Taemin’s father and Chaerin’s uncle. Remember Lee Sooman? As in, Lee I-want-your-ing-head-on-a-plate Sooman?”

“I’m right here guys, right here.” Jonghoon said. Youngbae ignored him as he continued to glare at Jiyong.

“But he’s still a doctor, and we can easily kill him if anything happens.” Jiyong said.

“Right here guys, still here.” Jonghoon continued.

“Shut up Choi Jonghoon, I know you’re there.” Youngbae hissed. “And Jiyong, I can’t believe you’re considering this. You must know better.”

“I’ve been here for five days already, and no one, not one soul, has come by besides you and Seungri. What makes you think he will say something about my own house?”

“Exactly, your own house. Has the blood loss made you stupid?” Youngbae retorted.

“Listen, if it’s such a problem, why don’t he gets the treatment at my house, then?” Jonghoon said. Both Jiyong and Youngbae looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

“Your house?” The brothers said in unison. Jonghoon widened his eyes and nodded.

“Wow, you’re really brothers.” He said. “Yes, my house.”

“So you’ll risk your own house with your enemies?” Youngbae said.

“You’re not my enemies, Youngbae. I’m out of all of this, I’m just a doctor.”

“You’re still a Choi.” Youngbae retorted. Jonghoon rolled his eyes and let out a sigh of exasperation. Jiyong pouted, then nodded, lifting his left hand, signaling them to stop.

“That’s enough, I’ll just stay here. Move me into another room, and if anyone asks, I’m dispatched, ok?” Jiyong said. Youngbae smiled and let out a sigh of relieve.

“That’s better.” Youngbae muttered. Jiyong rolled his eyes and grabbed his phone, handing it to Youngbae.

“Also, I just thought of something. Youngbae, I need you to call the gang, let’s make a reunion.” Youngbae nodded as he started dialing the numbers. Jiyong looked at Jonghoon, who grabbed the papers he just signed and pressed them on his chest.

“I’ll fill the papers and write your dispatch today, but I’ll continue the treatment, by myself. Also, there’s one suite you could use, it’s expensive, but it’s big enough. I’ll make the arrangements and move you in today, I’ll just come up with a random name.” Jonghoon said as he walked towards the door. “Oh, and before I forget, Jiyong, we will need to schedule a surgery for your hand soon, I’ll come back with my calendar to see when we can squeeze you in, alright?”

“Yes, thanks Jonghoon.” Jiyong said and Jonghoon left. Youngbae had the phone pressed on his cheek while Jiyong walked towards the bed.

“Yes, today. Now, this moment. Hurry.” Youngbae said on the phone. Jiyong grabbed the handle of the suitcase with his left hand, the movements on his fingers where too faint, it was weak. He tried to hold it to no avail, so he tried to lift it up. The pain ran up to his arm, and he flinched, letting the suitcase fall on the floor.

“!” He screamed as the suitcase landed on his foot. He let himself fall on bed, fuming while holding his hand. “This is useless.” Youngbae looked at him as he ended the call, setting the phone aside.

“It’s a long ride before it works.” Youngbae said. Jiyong scoffed and let the hand fall on his lap.

“I know.” He muttered. “If I have known better, I would have cut both arms.”

“Jiyong, stop.” Youngbae said as he walked towards the window, grabbing some cartridges Jiyong left there. Jiyong rolled his eyes and rested his back on the bed, letting out a sigh.

“Just get all my stuffs before the nurse walks in.” He said, his right hand over his forehead while his left hand rested on his chest.

“I am not your .” Youngbae hissed, still picking up everything and putting it into the suitcase.

“You’re my younger brother, which makes you my . Stop complaining.” Jiyong said. “And I’m handicapped, be nice to me.”

“This is self-provoked, I don’t need to be nice.” Youngbae hissed. Jiyong chuckled, then sat up right, looking at Youngbae seriously.

“Dude, I need a cigarette ASAP.” He said. Youngbae chuckled while shaking his head no.

“The reason why you’re here is to get you off the drugs, besides the treatment to your hand.”

“Cigarettes are not drugs.”

“They are.” Youngbae said, putting his gun on his back.

“Ok, they are inoffensive drugs. I need one.” Jiyong said, frowning, trying to make an emphasis to what he was saying.

“Can’t do, sorry.” Youngbae said. Jiyong scoffed and threw himself back again.

“This is hell!” He hissed.

“Hell was having to deal with your drugged . That was hell.” Youngbae said, setting the suitcase aside.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, I’m adorable.” Jiyong muttered, but Youngbae was already at the door, opening it.

“Whatever.” He said. “I’ll talk to the nurse to know the room so the guys will know.” He said and left. Jiyong let out another sigh, sitting up. He looked at his suitcase, remembering his little man purse. He went over the suitcase and looked for it. It wasn’t there.

“Obviously.” He said, then looked to the bed and smiled. Jiyong went over the bedside table, opened one drawer and saw it there. He grabbed it and threw it on bed, opening it. One cigarette was lying inside, and he smiled widely as he grabbed it.

With another peek at the door, he grabbed the cigarette and put it on his mouth, grabbed the lighter and ignited it. He quickly went towards the window and opened it, exhaling the smoke out of the room. He felt the nicotine going down through his throat, instantly relaxing him as he slowly sat down on the edge of the window. His left hand was resting on his lap as his right hand held the cigarette, his mind lost into the sky, admiring the clouds, the infinity of the sky. He needed freedom, he wanted freedom, and he was going to find it, soon.

His mind was filled with Kiko’s information by the time he ended the cigarette. He left the window open to allow the smell to get out as he sat down on the chair.

The door opened slowly, and he looked back, only to see Youngbae walking back in. His face was made into a frown as he saw the window opened, and Jiyong smiled. “I felt I was suffocating.” He said, making Youngbae scoff as he grabbed the suitcase.

“Sure, the smell is intoxicating.” He said and walked with the suitcase towards the door. “Room 309, a private suit.”

“I’m moving now?” Jiyong said, and Youngbae looked at him with a desperate expression.

“If you want to stay here, be my guest, but the gang’s already waiting for you.” He said and walked out. Jiyong chuckled and went to close the window, then followed Youngbae out.

They both walked towards his next room in silence, Youngbae was visibly pissed, and Jiyong wasn’t sure if he wanted to push it or simply allow him to be angered at him for a while. As they made another turn, Jiyong saw Seungri at a distance, and smiled when they made eye-contact. Seungri lift his head in acknowledgement as he walked into the room. Jiyong chuckled, making Youngbae stop to look at him. Jiyong lifted his head and glared. “Is something wrong with you?”

“You think?” Youngbae said, letting go of the suitcase.

“Yes, I think there’s something wrong with you, I think you’re pissed at me for something I don’t know.” Jiyong said, and Youngbae scoffed, scratching his head.

“Yes, I am pissed at you, I am angered at you. In fact, I want to hurt you right now.” Youngbae hissed. Jiyong raised an eyebrow at him.

“Why the ?” He said.

“You almost ing died on me, you . I had to carry your ing body here, almost lifeless, praying to ing God you didn’t gave your last breath.” Youngbae said. Jiyong opened his mouth, then closed it, looking down at his injured hand. “And you don’t even care.”

“I care…” Jiyong muttered. “I care.”

“You’re my brother, I’ve practically spent my whole life taking care of your . I’ve been raised to protect you, and you ing tried to kill yourself on my watch?!”

“Youngbae.” Jiyong said, now looking at him.

“How could you? You only care about your own suffering, but what about mine? What about us? Are we not important to you anymore? Is your brain only filled with her now that you can’t think about us anymore?”

“Youngbae…” Jiyong said again.

“You almost died on me, I had to carry you here not knowing if you would make it. Do you know what that means for me? Having to burry my own brother?”

“YOU’RE NOT MY ING BODYGUARD!” Jiyong screamed. Youngbae stopped, the tears forming at the rim of his eyes finally falling. “It’s not your duty to protect me anymore. The psycho father is dead, Youngbae! Be my brother!” Jiyong panted, and Youngbae looked down. “I’m not your boss, your protégé or anything like that, I’m your brother, the eldest. Don’t look after me, I’m the one who’s supposed to look after you.”

“I’ve been trained to–”

“Forget about that! I don’t need someone taking care of me, I need family, I need a brother. And I’m sorry, alright? I’m sorry I was drowning on my own misery for so long. I’m sorry.” Jiyong said, now panting even harder, starting to feel dizzy.

“No, no, don’t be.” Youngbae said, putting a hand over Jiyong’s shoulder. “Don’t be.” Jiyong nodded, feeling as his balance was almost lost, he put a hand over Youngbae’s and held himself.

“I promise… I promise I won’t… do it again.” He muttered.

“Jiyong?” Youngbae said, now putting both hands over Jiyong’s shoulders. “What’s wrong?” Jiyong took deep breaths, his face all sweaty, his hands trembling and his skin getting pale.

“I… I…” Jiyong muttered, then finally lost his balance, falling on Youngbae’s chest. Youngbae tried to hold him, but Jiyong slowly fell on the floor, coughing faintly.

“NURSE! I NEED HELP! HELP!” Youngbae screamed as he held Jiyong, who was already bleeding through his nose, his hands trembling.

“I’m alright…” He muttered, trying to breath, but the blood that was oozing out of his mouth wasn’t helping him much. “I’m alright.”

“What happened?” Jonghoon said as he came running with a few nurses.

“I don’t know, he just started trembling and bleeding through his nose.” Youngbae said. Jonghoon quickly grabbed Jiyong’s face, taking a good look at it as the nurses took out gauzes and cleaned his nose.

“Tell me Jiyong, what were you doing before this?” Jonghoon said, but Jiyong couldn’t properly talk. His body was feeling suddenly weak, and the blood kept coming out in clogs, making it impossible for him to breath. He started to cough, and Jonghoon quickly put him on his side, and he started to spit out clogs of blood.

“What the hell’s that?!” Youngbae screamed. Besides him, Seungri and Daesung were looking at Jiyong with the same puzzle expression.

“This isn’t normal.” Jonghoon said as he grabbed his stethoscope and put it on Jiyong’s back. Jiyong tried to breath, but the burning on his throat and the massive blood loss was forbidding him from doing so. “Stridor, he’s going into shock!” Jonghoon said as he lifted Jiyong from the floor and carried him away.

“Shock?! What happened?” Youngbae said as he ran after them. A nurse brought a stretcher, and Jonghoon put Jiyong’s bleeding body on top of it.

“When was the last transfusion?” Jonghoon asked as they moved the stretcher into Jiyong’s new room.

“About an hour ago.” One nurse said.

“What’s going on with him?” Youngbae said.

“Bring me the package of the blood, we need to examine it.” Jonghoon said as he grabbed a syringe. “I’m injecting him with blood coagulant, to stop the hemorrhage.” One nurse ran out of the room as Seunghyun tried to walk in. Jiyong looked to the side, trying to smile, but he kept coughing, blood oozing out of his nose and mouths.

“That’s too much blood Jonghoon.” Seungri muttered. Jiyong looked down, the sheets were stained with blood.

“.” Jiyong muttered, spitting out more blood.

“I’m thinking it could be an Acute Hemolytic Reaction, probably caused by inserting the wrong blood into his veins.” Jonghoon said. Jiyong rolled his eyes, the tremors were getting worst, and his breathing was starting to come out shallow.

“Put him on his side, he’s chocking on his own blood!” Jonghoon said, and a nurse grabbed Jiyong’s shoulder and another one his hips and moved him so he could be on his side.

“Doctor, there’s rectal bleeding.” One nurse said.

“.” Jonghoon muttered as he injected another syringe on Jiyong’s arm. Jiyong kept coughing, slowly closing his eyes as he let the tremors, the pain and the burning get the best of him. And as he closed his eyes, he felt everything falling into a deafening silence, a lightweight feeling embracing him as he slowly but surely, lost consciousness completely.

 


Gily's Notes: Hello!!

I need to know your personal opinions, I humbly ask of you to leave feedback on this. I have no idea where this is heading, but I like it, and I'm leaving it flow as it comes. Yes, I NEVER prepare my stories before hand. I usually let them flow and see what happens. 

But right now, I feel you guys are not liking the path TOD has taken. Am I right? Should I stop? Should I continue?

I hope I can see your feedback more often. Thanks in advance for those who always coment, you guys rock!! 

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥