Memoirs

Twist of Destiny ~ The Sequel

They keys jingled as he took them out of his pocket, a little dizzy, a little wobbly. He held them out and stared at them for a few seconds before grabbing the correct one. Sighs and grunts were heard at his side, but he ignored them as he tried to insert the key into the keyhole. Jiyong frowned as he straightened up and stared at the keyhole, it was moving, making it almost impossible for him to insert the key correctly. He let out a sigh and lifted the key, showing it to his companion. “I can’t open it.”

Kiko grunted and held the keys, quickly inserting it into the keyhole and unlocking the door. “Just what exactly have you consumed?” She said as she opened the door wide for Jiyong to walk in. He smiled widely, his eyes smiling too, and shrugged.

“Just a bit of everything.”

“God, you’re a mess.” She hissed as she pushed him inside. Jiyong chuckled as she pushed him inside. His feet got stuck in the rug, and he stumbled to the front. He tried to hold himself with a table right next to him, but he miscalculated the distance, and fell flat on the floor, laughing out loud. “Jiyong!” Kiko exclaimed as she rushed over him, but he was simply laughing.

“I wish I was the one doing the ing, instead of the other way around.” He said. Kiko narrowed her eyes as she held his shoulders and sat him up.

“Who’s ing you?” She said as she tried to fix the unmanageable hair of his. Jiyong shrugged and softly slapped her hand away.

“Do you believe in God?” Jiyong said, to which Kiko shrugged.

“Can’t say I do, can’t say I don’t.” She said. Jiyong nodded, letting out another sigh as he tried to stand up. She helped him, but he dismissed her help as he finally managed to get straight up.

“If he’s there, he’s the one ing me hard.” He said as he dragged his feet into the living room, where he slumped down on his sofa. “ing me so hard I can’t stand it.”

“Is he, really?” She said as she walked towards him and sat down next to him. “Isn’t he doing it to all of us?” Jiyong shrugged. He looked at Kiko, who was looking at the pictures hanging on the wall. “I can’t believe you still have that picture of us.” She exclaimed as she stood up, walking towards his wall of mementos. She touched slightly a picture of them both, hugging and smiling. Jiyong chuckled as he rested her head on his hand.

“Why wouldn’t I?” He said in a low voice. “I was happy back then.”

“That’s why you keep it?” She said, smiling softly as she looked at the picture. Jiyong thought they could be smiling for the same thing, remembering the good, old times, where they would spend all their days simply having fun. A time where neither of them had the responsibilities of their families at their shoulders.

“Yes.” He said. Kiko turned around, looking at him with eyes he had forever missed. She looked at him purely, lovingly, her heart spilling out of her eyes, as she once did.

“I was happy, too.” She said, slowly walking towards him. Jiyong nodded, now looking at the picture. Kiko sat on her knees in front of him, her hands supporting her weight as she looked at him. “I want to be happy again.”

“Yeah, me too.” He said, now looking at her.

“Can we? Be happy?” She said, and he shrugged. And as if his body moved by impulse, he put a hand on her cheek, caressing it softly. She closed her eyes as his calloused hand caressed her soft skin. It sent shivers through his bones, his veins beating hard along with his heart.

“I don’t know.” He whispered. Kiko opened her eyes, now turning lustful, and leaned to the front, inches from his face. He swallowed as he looked at her lips, slowly approaching to his. “I don’t know.” And she closed the gap.

He closed his eyes, his hand holding her neck and waist, pulling her closer as they both shared a passionate kiss. Her hands s around his neck as her legs did to his waist, and he held her tightly, almost crushing both their bodies together. She pulled back, looking at him with blank, disoriented, lustful eyes, and he groaned, holding her short hair and pulling her down, kissing her hungrily.

“My sister.” He said, sipping his drink. “That’s my sister.” Chaerin nodded and looked at him, his face was fixed watching the pictures hanging on the wall.

“Jiyong…” Chaerin muttered, but Jiyong looked at her as if she hadn’t talked. He set the drink down and moved closer to her, looking down at her with his eyes narrowed. She gulped as he moved a bit more closely, now feeling his body heat too close to her.

“I really like you, Lee Chaerin.” He muttered as he caressed her cheek. Chaerin gulped again and shrugged her shoulders. “Why are you so perfect?”

“I’m anything but perfect.”

“You are perfect.”

He gasped and pulled away, blinking several times as he held Kiko by her shoulders. She looked at him confused, her hands on her chest as he continue to take deep, calming breaths. “Jiyong? Are you alright?” She said, but he didn’t answered. He looked back at the pictures, at the place where she once stood, questioning his life. He shook his head again as Kiko touched his cheek. “Ji?”

“I-I can’t do this.” Jiyong stuttered as he lifted Kiko from his lap and sat her on the sofa. She gasped as he lifted her, and he stood up, walking towards his bar. Pouring himself a vodka with trembling hands, he shook his head again, spilling a bit of the liquor. He quickly grabbed a towel and cleaned the mess, then drank the liquor in one shot, letting the sour and hot liquid travel his throat.

“Is everything alright?” Kiko said as she walked towards him. Jiyong lifted a hand and shook his head, quickly serving himself another drink.

“No,” He said, then drank it in another shot. “Nothing’s ever going to be ok.”

“Can you talk to me?” She said, handing him a glass. He looked at her, and she signaled the vodka. “Maybe we can share drinks.” He nodded and filled her glass, then his. She took a sip while he finished it in one go.

“I’m tired.” Jiyong said, scratching his head. Kiko was going to say something else, but Jiyong dismissed her as he rushed to his room, locking his door. He took deep breaths, looking at the mirror in front of him. He was a mess, his eyes had dark circles, his cheekbones made shadows over his cheeks, his hair was all messy, and he could swear it had tangles. The blonde color looked pale, and the black roots were almost two inches long. His hair was getting too long, and his clothes looked terrible, all wrinkly and unmatched. He shook his hair and quickly took his buttoned shirt off, looking at his bare chest.

His muscles were slowly fading, his tattoos where the only real color he could make out of him, and they didn’t had any color. Jiyong shook his head again, a tear falling from his eye as he walked towards the full panel mirror that was revealing what was left of him. Of his glorious self, now not even a shadow could be made out. He was a disaster, ruined, broken and unfixable. Slowly, he put a hand on the mirror, letting the tears fall from his eyes. “What have I become?” He muttered softly as he continued to caress the mirror. “WHAT HAVE I BECOME?!?!?!” He yelled and punched the mirror. It broke down, shards hitting his boots. He bend over, holding a piece of shard on his hands. It cut into his skin quickly, and a wicked smile appeared on his lips.

The smile was as if it was painted on his face, his eyes showed his misery, while the lips showed how demented he felt. Without giving it another thought, he put the shard to his inner arm, right on top of his wrist, and pressed it. A thing line of scarlet ran down as he sliced the shard vertically on top of his vein. The thin line grew wider, the blood oozing down in a darker shade. He smiled again, walking backwards towards his bed. He continued to look at the blood as he let himself fall on top of his bed.

“Jiyong? Are you alright?” Kiko spoke from the other side of the door. She had been knocking, but he hadn’t answered. He was too busy watching how his blood stained his sheets and floor to care about her. “Jiyong, answer me, are you alright?” She said again, and again, Jiyong ignored her as the feeling of dizziness was growing. “I’m breaking down this door.” Jiyong looked at the door, slowly resting his back on his bed, his sating sheets all ruined thanks to his blood, constantly falling from his arm.

As he slowly succumbed to what he hoped was death, he could hear the distant sound of music, a song he had long forgotten, but it was still beating inside of his head. He smiled as the music grew louder inside of his head, and he no longer heard the knocks or the screams. He looked to the side, and saw Kiko running towards him, but he could no longer hear her, for he was only hearing the soft music ringing in his ears.

Love of two is one

Here but now they're gone

 

Came the last night of sadness

And it was clear she couldn't go on

Then the door was open and the wind appeared

The candles blew and then disappeared

The curtains flew and then he appeared

(Saying, "Don't be afraid")

A few seconds of silence were constantly interrupted by intriguing conversation. Hours flew by, almost forgetting any physical or emotional pain. Talk and talk, that’s all she do for the past four hours. So much she talked, hurt and turned dry. She had laughed, gotten serious, and then laughed again. As much as she hated to admit, Kim Jonghyun was a terrible nice guy, a man with amazing manners and an extended vocabulary. She enjoyed her night with him, and now, as another moment –and anything but awkward- came, she looked at him. He was looking at his phone, answering a few text messages he had received but ignored.

He was handsome, she had to admit it, he was special, she also had to admit, but something made her stop, the fear of being caught checking out another man, maybe. She hadn’t thought about Jiyong in Jonghyun’s presence, and that made her feel sorry. He saw her dying, she had tried to kill herself in front of him, but she didn’t died, and he didn’t know she was alive. The sudden thought of him, being all miserable made her flinch, she needed to talk to him, and fast.

“Taemin?” She spoke, interrupting his little chat with Jonghyun. Both of them looked at her with wide eyes, Jonghyun’s wider than Taemin’s.

“Yes.” Taemin said. Chaerin scratched her arm, the feeling of awkwardness growing inside of her with every breath she took.

“Is there any way I could contact… him?” She said softly. Jonghyun crooked his head, but Taemin simply frowned. “He needs to know.”

“He doesn’t.” Taemin said. Chaerin crooked her head, her eyes wide.

“Why?” She said, then scoffed. “Are you seriously planning to torture him?” Taemin was the one scoffing now.

“Do you really think he’s being tortured? He wants to kill our family, Chaerin. He had sent people into our house, killing a few of us already, do you really think we will allow you anywhere near him? Really?” Chaerin gulped, taking a quick glance at Jonghyun.

“He wouldn’t hurt me.” She said. Taemin scoffed and stood up.

“He killed you, remember?” He said. Jonghyun’s eyes followed Taemin as he got out of the room, closing the door with a slam. Chaerin jumped, a tear falling from her eye. She quickly cleaned it up, clearing .

“Are you–”

“I’m alright.” Chaerin said, straightening up. “I’m fine.” She quickly fixed her bangs and threw her long hair back.

“Do you want me to go?” Jonghyun said, moving to stand up, but Chaerin quickly shook her head, lifting a hand to stop him.

“The least I would want now is to be left alone.” She said softly. Jonghyun smiled and sat back down.

“Then I’ll stay.” He said, and Chaerin nodded.

“Jonghyun, did you knew we were being arranged to get married?” She said. Jonghyun lowered his face and nodded.

“I knew.”

“And were you alright with it?” She said. “I mean, knowing I was with dating your enemy?”

“He is not my enemy.” Jonghyun said, now looking at her. “His late father was my father’s enemy, but Jiyong isn’t my enemy, he had never done anything to me, yet.”

“But, were you still ok with that arrangement?” She said, to which Jonghyun nodded softly.

“Yes, I was ok with it.”

“Why?”

“Because of the alliance, I was, am, willing to do anything for my family, and yours also.” He said. Chaerin put a hand over her chest, still looking at him.

“Were you willing to give yourself to a woman you didn’t knew, a woman that didn’t loved you, just because your family said so?” She said. Jonghyun smiled crookedly and nodded.

“As odd as it may sound, yes, I was willing to do so.” He chuckled and looked down. “If you ask my personal opinion, I’d say I was fortunate, you’re quite a beautiful woman.” Chaerin lowered her face and smiled.

“Thank you.” She said softly. “And I’m sorry.”

“For what?” Jonghyun said, and she crooked her head, her eyes watery.

“For ruining everything.” She said as a few tears fell from her eyes. “I made everything worst for every one of you, I’m sorry.”

“There’s no need to be sorry now, my dear. Everything will fall into place soon, you’ll see.” He said. Chaerin smiled and nodded.

“You’re terribly good, you know?” She said, but Jonghyun shook his head.

“No, I’m not.” He said. Chaerin chuckled and stirred. “But I try.” She chuckled, kicking the sheets out of her legs.

“Jonghyun, I would like to walk a bit, can you help me?” She said. Jonghyun nodded quickly and stood up, helping her stand up. Chaerin flinched as her legs received her full weight, almost losing balance. Jonghyun held her firmly, so firmly she almost gasped, but not because he was hurting her, but because she could feel his toned body against hers. It made her gulp, almost blushing as her hands accidentally landed on his chest. He chuckled, holding her by her elbows.

“Are you alright?” He said, and she nodded quickly, not daring to look up.

“Perfect.” She said. Jonghyun let go of one of her hands as she regained her posture. “I think I can walk now.”

“Don’t you want to warm your legs first?” He said but she shook her head no.

“No, I want to walk now.” She said. Jonghyun nodded and led her towards the door. He opened it slowly for her to walk out, still holding one of her arms.

Both of them walked out, and she felt her heart racing faster due to the exercise. “Wow, I really needed this.” She said as she felt the blood flowing through her legs.

“It’s good, isn’t it?” He said, and she quickly nodded.

“Amazing.” She said softly as they walked down the aisle. She lifted her head and frowned, the nurses seem particularly agitated that day.

She saw them running towards one direction, a few carrying trays of medication, while some others carried syringes and IV treatment. She continued to look to the front as the double doors opened harshly, and a bed rushed in. She couldn’t quite see the patient, the doctors and nurses were hiding his body behind them. She crooked her head, suddenly feeling sorry for whoever was rushing in. After them, a petite woman ran inside, she stopped suddenly, looking at Chaerin’s direction. Chaerin smiled, but the woman frowned and continued to run behind the rushing personnel.

“That’s odd.” Chaerin muttered. Jonghyun had stopped her abruptly, but before Chaerin could look at him, she saw the doors opening again, and her eyes widened abruptly. Youngbae rushed in, and he too looked at her. Both of them shared a look, Youngbae’s worried eyes turned wide, almost in shock as he saw her standing in the aisle. Chaerin’s mouth dropped open, and for a moment, her heart stop. She tried to see the bed, but they had already entered the ER. She gasp as Youngbae ran towards the flapping doors, her hand going towards as a tear fell down her eye.

“Come on.” Jonghyun said as he tried to move her, but she shook her head, freeing herself from his arms.

“P-Please don’t tell me that was Jiyong.” She said in pure horror.

 


Gily's Notes: HELLO!

Another update! Yay! Sorry for not updating before, had a TERRIBLY busy weekend at work. Had to work a 16 hour shift at the hospital on sat and sun... and obviously, was dead tired on monday xD

The song Jiyong was hearing is called "Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult. And if you want something to imagine to, the last scene where Chaerin is talking to Jonghyun and walks out was written with "November Rain" by Guns N' Roses playing in BGM... 

Half this story had been written with the song "Witness" By Approaching Farewell feat. Veela, and a few others song with Veela on it. Also, you can listen to "Heartbreaker" by Pat Benatar... I'll be posting the music in every chapter, if you're one of the people that read while listening to music.

Thank you all for the coments! Don't let them stop, I enjoy reading them, makes me feel happy, and also, it makes me want to write more and more.

I love you all!!

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥