Anger

Twist of Destiny ~ The Sequel

The place was partly crowded. As any café at midday, the place was booming with voices, laughter and chatter. Jiyong walked slowly towards the back of it, dark shades covering half his face as a leather, long jacket hid the rest of his body. He slowly took out his scarf as he neared the farthest table on the place. That area seemed empty enough for him to wait. And it was also the place he first took her.

He slowly sat down, his gun loaded and ready, as he looked around the place. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. No one seemed to be hiding, or looking at him for that matter. He let out a sigh and slumped down on his chair, looking at the empty cup in front of him. A waitress was already making her way towards him, smiling as she did so.

“Good day sir, may I take your order?” She said. Jiyong looked at her, his mouth dry. It wasn’t until then he realized he hadn’t eaten anything since the day before, and he was really craving something to eat. But he couldn’t. His stomach was uneasy, a nervous train running through him uncontrollably as he waited in that place.

“Just coffee, please.” He said. The waitress nodded and left. He cleared his throat, biting his lower lip as he tried to calm down his nerves. “Breathe in.” He kept telling to himself.

His hands were shaking, and as he waited, he figured it was better to spend his time doing something interesting. He lifted his left hand and looked at it. He had been trying to move the whole night and morning. So far, he only managed to move the tip of his fingers, nothing more. He kept trying, none the less. As he awaited, he started to try to move it. It wasn’t an easy task and the pain was excruciating, but he had to try.

“Here’s your coffee, sir.” The waitress said, and Jiyong jumped, gulping slowly as she caught him off guard. He quickly took the coffee, bowing his head at her. She smiled and left, and he quickly sipped the hot coffee. It felt nice on his mouth, and once it went down his throat, he felt his stomach burning with an agonizing hunger.

“.” He muttered, taking another sip. He continued to try to move his hand, enduring the pain it brought as he drank the coffee.

The sound of heels on the floor made him stop, and he lifted his head in curiosity. At the door, a female was walking in with a thick coat and big shades. Her dark hair was made into a high bun, a little messy. She walked towards him, and he quickly put his right hand on his gun down the table as she approached him. He could feel every limb shaking, and he swore if he spoke, his lip would tremble too.

She finally reached his table, her coat opening a bit to reveal the same clothes she was using the night before. She hasn’t gone home.

“Hello.” She said softly, stopping a bit away from him. He nodded, his left hand on top of the table while his right one he kept close to the gun. “Can I sit down?” He nodded again.

She did, taking off her shades and coat as she did. He gulped, watching her every movement as she got comfortable in front of him. He noticed she wasn’t armed, the clothes were too thin for it to hide a gun, and she wasn’t carrying any purse with her. Maybe the coat.

“Hello.” He finally said. She was looking down, biting her lip. She was avoiding eye contact with him, and he was glad she did, or else, she would notice the trembling mess he was.

“H-How are you?” She said softly, putting her petite hands on the table. Jiyong gulped, relaxing a bit as he also put his right hand on top of the table. It was a silent gesture of not intending any harm.

“I’m fine.” He said shortly. She nodded, intertwining her hands.

“I am glad.” She said. Jiyong nodded, suddenly not hungry anymore. The burning on his stomach moved to his chest, and he felt like it would explode any minute now.

“I received your letter.” He said, and she nodded. A small smile appearing on her lips.

“I noticed.”

“But I don’t quite get it.” He said. She finally lifted her head, but he noticed her eyes stopped at his left hand. He moved it, then stopped. He didn’t wanted to scare her or anything, and moving it under the table would mean he was armed and ready, which was true, but he didn’t wanted her to know.

She remained silent as she looked at his hands, but her eyes betrayed her. He could see a glimpse of tears forming at the rim of her eyes, torturing him to his very core. “I-I want this to stop.” She said softly. Jiyong nodded, looking down at his own hands.

Of course she would feel terrified, his left hand was covered by a bloody bandage while the right one showed new scars on it. He closed his right fit, biting his lip as he tried with all his might to close his left one.

“It is a bit late, isn’t it?” He said with a soft chuckle. “What’s done is done.”

“Please.” She begged, now looking at his face. “Please.”

“What’s all of this about, Chaerin?” He said. At the mention of her name he felt his chest constricting a bit more, and all he wanted at the moment was to clutch it tight to avoid breaking apart. “What’s the reason for you to call me here? Don’t you know this is dangerous for you?”

“I don’t care.” She said. He stopped, his lips as he felt his mouth going dry.

“I care.” He said. She nodded, the tears finally falling down as she bit her lip. “If this is about Taemin, then you can forget about it.”

“What?” She said, but he remained composed.

“He hurt Seunghyun, he knows what’s coming for him. Why are you even interfering in this?”

“Jiyong, I don’t want any more blood spilled because of this insanity of yours.” She said, and he felt a click go off on his head.

“You ing died on me!” He said, his voice a bit louder now. She straightened up, her neck tensing as she looked around.

“Haven’t you noticed I am not dead?” She hissed. Jiyong glared at her. For some reason, it was hard for him to do the math. Yes, she was there, yes, she was breathing, but the image of her fainting in front of him was enough for him to fall off the cliff, straight into insanity.

“It doesn’t changes anything.” He spat. She nodded, her neck still tensed as her hands balled into fists.

“I know better than this, Jiyong. I know you. Please, reconsider this madness.” She begged, and he wanted to listen to her. But he had enough, he couldn’t go on, yet, he couldn’t stop.

“There’s no way back, Chaerin.” He said. She shook her head, tears falling furiously from her eyes.

“Jiyong, please. Please, just stop. I am alive, I am here. Look at me, I am fine. Please.” She said, extending her hands to touch his. He looked down at her hand on top of his. How much he wanted to hug her and tell her everything was fine, yet he couldn’t. His body acted on his own, and he moved his hands back.

“Tell your family I am still strong, I will not back down. And Chaerin, for your own sake, don’t ever come to me again, or I will really kill you.” He said as he stood up. She let out a sob as he walked past her. He heard her standing up, and before he could get out, she grabbed his arm, turning him around.

“You don’t mean that.” She said, and he slapped her hand away, glaring at her.

“Oh, I mean it. You thought that after everything that have happened, you could just pop back into my life and pretend nothing happened? You died on me, Chaerin, which means, you are dead to me.” He hissed. He saw how she broke in front of him, and it broke him more inside. He wanted to scream at himself, to slap himself nonstop until he came back to reason, but he couldn’t do it. He couldn’t stop.

“Jiyong…”

“It’s over, Lee Chaerin. You’re nothing to me, don’t ever come back and beg, because you’re just making yourself look pathetic. You better be more careful, because next time, I will not be so resilient.” He said and left. Leaving her sobbing inside of the café. Leaving her breaking inside of that place. Leaving part of his broken soul in there.

But the anger was even greater than every feeling of loss or sadness. He was angry, above everything, because he couldn’t keep her safe. He was angry because she lied to him, and through all the months of misery, she was alive and he was mourning for her. He never knew how angry he was until he finally saw her. Until she touched him.

That anger drove him crazy, and the only thing he could do to calm the hungry beast inside of him was take a detour towards one familiar alley. He walked into it as if he was walking towards his own house, knowing every detail of it by heart. A person standing at a corner greeted him, and he quickly approached him, standing as only he could do, imposing. He wasn’t a big man, he reckon that, but he was a Dragon, he was G-Dragon, and everybody who knew him know how strong he was. He couldn’t allow himself to look lesser than that.

“Hey G-Boy, same as usual?” The man said as Jiyong got closer. They shook hands as Jiyong shook his head.

“No, I want a Paraphernalia, you can add a few bags of coke, too.” Jiyong said. The man widened his eyes, but nodded as he took out his little man purse.

“Sure thing dude, this ’s expensive, but it’s the Kreme de la Kreme.” The man said as he took out a bag with a tinfoil inside. Jiyong nodded.

“How much?” Jiyong said.

“This one’s 2 grands.” The man said. Jiyong nodded as he dug on his pockets.

“Great, give me two of them.” Jiyong said as he took out a stash of money. “Keep the change.” The man grabbed the money and handed the two bags of drugs to Jiyong.

“But man, be careful, this can kill you.” He said. Jiyong glared at him as he put the drugs on his pocket.

“Yeah, that’s what’s all of this is about, isn’t it?” Jiyong said as he walked away. The man said his farewells, but Jiyong ignored him as he walked towards his car.

Once he was inside, Jiyong took out the drugs and looked at them, frowning for a moment as he tried to decide what to do next. He shook his head as he threw the drugs on the passenger’s seat and drove towards his private apartment.

Once he got there, he grabbed the little bag of drugs and opened it, taking the out. He smiled as he took a bit out with his finger nail and inhaled it. The powder ran through his nose, making him throw his head to the back as he felt the drug kicking in. It made him feel anxious, made him sweaty and nervous. Jiyong quickly got out of the car and stormed towards the elevator, not even bothering in greeting the guard as he forcefully pushed the call button. The doors opened, and he hastily went inside, the button to the penthouse.

He could feel his hands shaking as the elevator went up. Everything was moving in fast motion, his hands shaking and his nose starting to itch. He quickly cleaned it with the back of his hand as the doors opened. He stormed out, his hands shaking as he took out his keys and tried to open the door.

Jiyong stumbled inside, cleaning his nose as he let his body fall down next to the coffee table. He took out the drugs from his pockets and grabbed his pipe, too excited to properly put the paraphernalia on it. He grabbed his lighter and started to inhale the drugs as he light it up. The smoke went down his throat, making his head light.

He had finally gone to that place where nothing else mattered, nothing was important and the only thing that kept him on earth was the urge to take in more and more of the substance that he knew, was slowly killing him. But it didn’t matter, as long as he couldn’t feel the anger or the pain, the sorrow or the loss. It didn’t mattered, as long as he was numbed from everything else.

Her arms embraced her as she walked aimlessly towards the streets of Seoul. It was cold, but she couldn’t feel it at all. Her tears had stopped falling, the sobs were muted and the pain was subsided by the feeling of loss. They had become enemies now. What she feared the worst had become truth. He hated her with all his might, with all his self. He hated her as much as she hated herself.

As she walked towards a park, a car pulled to a stop next to her. She stopped, not even bothering who that could be, for all she cared, the person could kill her right there and all they’d be doing her, was a favor. “Chaerin.” She heard her name, and a gush of anger rang through her veins.

She slowly turned around, glaring at the man that was walking towards her. “Where have you been?” He said. She hissed before talking.

“Taemin.” She said softly, trying to control her anger. “Just what have you done, Lee Taemin?”

“Excuse me?” He said, stopping abruptly in front of her.

“What did you do?!” She screamed, hitting his chest. “You have ruined everything! EVERYTHING!”

“Have you gone mad?!” He said, holding her arms as she tried to hurt him as much as she was hurting.

“You ruined it! You ing ruined it!”

“What the hell’s wrong with you?!” He said, forcefully hugging her to stop her from hurting him. She didn’t moved once her head touched his chest. Her hand still holding tight his shirt as she continued to breathe harshly, trying to control the fury she had within.

“I tried to stop everything, I tried to make him reason, and you ing ruined it.” She said, her voice a little higher than a whisper.

“You did what?!” Taemin said as he pulled her back while holding her shoulders. “Are you ing crazy?!”

“NO!” She said, trying to free her arms from his tight grip. “I tried to reason this idiocy, but apparently, you made it impossible now.”

“How did I made it impossible?” Taemin said, then frowned. “It doesn’t matters. He will never reason.”

“Not now, thanks to you.”

“And what the did I do?!” Taemin yelled.

“YOU SHOT SEUNGHYUN!” She screamed back. Taemin frowned, slowly letting go of her.

“I didn’t.” He said. Chaerin was panting at the moment.

“Don’t you dare lie to me, Lee Taemin.” She hissed, but Taemin shook his head.

“I don’t have to. I didn’t shot him.”

“You’re telling the truth?” She said, and Taemin nodded. “Then who shot him?”

“How am I supposed to know? I wasn’t there.”

“Wasn’t where? Where was this?”

“As I’ve been told, it was at Club Ellui, but why does that matters? None of us where there.” Chaerin froze as she looked at him.

“Jiyong believes it was you. He wants to kill you, Tae.” She said. Taemin raised an eyebrow and chuckled.

“Well, that wouldn’t be new, wouldn’t it?”

“I am not joking Lee Taemin.”

“Kwon Jiyong has wanted to kill me for as long as I can remember, Chaerin.” He said. She looked around, suddenly aware of the people around them. She nodded, holding her arm as she bit her lip, still with a frown on her face.

“Someone’s setting a trap on all of us.” She murmured.

“What?” Taemin said, slightly bending towards her.

“Someone wants us all in a war. Someone’s setting a trap.” She said, now looking at him. Taemin raised an eyebrow.

“Why?” He said. She crooked her head at him.

“Isn’t it obvious?” She said.

“It depends on what you’re talking about.” He said and she smiled, walking towards his car.

“Who can we trust?” She said and Taemin laughed.

“No one.” He said. She frowned and turned around.

“Taemin, I’m serious.”

“So am I. We can’t trust anyone.”

“Well, Jonghyun’s on my side.” She said, making Taemin frown.

“Jonghyun’s his father’s pet, he’s only on his side.” He said as he walked towards the car.

“No, he helped me.” She said and Taemin chuckled again, opening his door.

“Chaerin, he told me where you were.” He said. Chaerin frowned.

“Did he told anyone else?” She said, but Taemin shrugged, putting his arms on top of the car.

“I don’t know.” He said. She frowned again and nodded.

“Let’s go to his house. We need to talk.” 

 


Gily's Notes: Well, it wasn't a trap, after all.

And yes, Jiyong's a mess, I know. And no, he couldn't hug her or kiss her or have a happy moment because I'm Gily and I'm not so merciful xD Lol!!

But I know in my heart of hearts that you won't hate me, and that you love this drama as much as I do. 

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥