Longing

Twist of Destiny ~ The Sequel

Again, another starry night. The wind was blowing with an eerie sound. The sky was clear, the stars shining bright along with the moon. Her eyes opened, gasping as the rhythmic movements of her heart danced alongside his. His chest rubbed against hers, and she gasped again. His hands, slowly going up, held her own, lifting them both as he intertwined their fingers. His face was buried on her neck, biting, nibbling and kissing her. She closed her eyes as her back arched, feeling the movements of his body against her.

Moans and whimpers filled the cold air, as they both became one in a soothing rhythm of love, of passion, of lust. His left hand held her waist, caressing her softly as he continued his steady movements. She was filled, her heart racing rapidly with every movement. He was hers, touching her softly, loving her softly. She looked at him, his blonde hair shining bright, almost looking white in the shadows of the night. The moon was the only thing illuminating them, making him look like an angel, a sensual angel, caressing every bit of her body. “I love you.” He whispered. She smiled as she caressed his hair, hugging him against her chest.

“I love you more.” She whispered back. He lifted his body on his arms, his muscles tensing, his veins popping. She loved that, loved every bit of his body, every movement or contraction, she loved it. He looked at her straight into her eyes, not moving anymore.

“Why have you done this to me?” He said. His eyes turned dark, and inside of them, she could see herself with the knife. She gasped, trying to straighten up, but his weight on top of her forbid her from doing so. “Why have you done this to me?” He said again, his voice had lost its softness, now, he sounded pained, in agony. “Why have you done this to me?”

“Stop.” She said as she looked to the side, avoiding looking into his eyes. They kept showing over and over again how she stabbed herself. How he tried to scream but couldn’t. “Stop.”

“You killed me, Chaerin, my Chaerin.”

“Enough.” She said, now trying to push him away. He held her arms firmly, as if he wanted to hurt her.

“You killed me! KILLED ME!” He screamed. She looked at him, suppressing a scream. He turned into the man she feared the most. His eyes blazing with golden fire, filled with pure evil. His face turned into a smirk, almost as if he was enjoying hurting her.

“Stop! Jiyong, stop!” She screamed, but he didn’t budge, he continue to hold her arms tight, bruising her skin. “LET ME GO!”

“Chaerin?” Taemin’s voice called her. She gasped, and just like that, Jiyong disappeared, and she was back in the car, panting and sweating. She took a deep breath and cleaned the sweat off her forehead with the back of her hand and looked to the side, at Taemin. “Are you ok?” He asked, and she nodded, trying to control her uneven breathing.

“Just a bad dream.” She said softly. “Are we there yet?” Taemin nodded, looking to the front.

“Almost.” He said. Chaerin nodded, crossing her legs and slumping down on the seat.

“Good.” She muttered. “I’m tired.”

“You’ve slept all the way here.” Taemin said, but she shrugged. Her heart was beating rapidly, almost galloping out of her chest. It had felt so real, so real she felt her arms bruising, beating furiously under her clothes. She touched them slightly, letting out a sigh as a tear fell down her eyes. She had killed him, she was certain. The way his eyes blazed in fire told her, even if it was her unconscious mind, that he was suffering from her act, he was dead while being alive. He had become evil, that’s what she had been told. All of it only made it worst for her already guilty mind. And with that guilt, came the worst decision she had to ever make. To make him know she was alive or not.

“We’re here.” Taemin muttered, and she looked at him, then at the front. She saw, much to her disdain, the Lee Mansion. A modern-like prison, filled with glamorous furniture and high society people. She let out a sigh, remembering, with a sour smile, how simple her life was before everything. She missed her loft, her little apartment that barely made a decent place. She missed the late night shifts, where she would come out dead tired at 5 am, only to be woken up early in the morning by her late father. She missed the crappy meals she had to eat, only because she didn’t had time between jobs, so she had to grab whatever she could in order to fill her empty stomach.

“Taemin,” She muttered softly. He looked at her, uninterested. “Can I ever go back to my old life?” She said, more to herself than him, but she said it.

“No.” He simply answered. For some reason, his distance and his coldness brought a terrible pain on her chest. His answer was cold, but his expression was colder. He wasn’t interested in her, at least not as he used to. He was the person she could talk to whenever she was lost. He would always comfort her, bring her solace in her misery. He was always there for her, but now, he was no longer the cousin she knew, she loved, she trusted. Right now, he was just another killer in her bizarre life, just another man with dirty hands and a black heart.

And she was going to be the same.

The car pulled to a stop, and she stepped out on her own before anyone could open the door for her. She took a deep breath and walked towards the main entrance. In there, she saw Jonghyun already waiting for her. He was dead serious, his arms crossed across his chest, his leg slightly parted, his face in a frown. She slumped her shoulders and let out a sigh, nodding to no one, embracing her new life.

“Hello.” She said softy once she reached Jonghyun’s side. He looked at her and smiled, his face softening a slight bit as he uncrossed his arms. He nodded at her and turned around, entering the house before her. She shook her head and followed him in, taking off her jacket. A maid went to her side, holding the jacket for her and bowing her head. “Thanks.” She said, now looking at the inside of the house.

The last time she was there, they wanted to lock her in an asylum, claiming she was crazy and delusional. Now, she was being welcomed with open arms, a hero, the mere person who destroyed their enemy with a single movement of her wrist. It sickened her to no limits, how that world was. Friends during day, foes during night, never being able to trust anyone in your life. All other hands were knives, ready to stab you any minute, but she had tasted that enough. She had tasted what misery felt, what anger felt, what revenge felt, now she needed to know what evil felt like.

She smiled softly as she looked at the top of the main stairs, where her uncle was slowly going down to greet her. For the first time, she wished she kept Jiyong’s knife, still clutched to her hand, shining bright against her skin. “Chaerin.” He said as he finally reached her, holding both her shoulders and kissing her cheeks. “You gave us quite the start, I was so worried.”

“I can bet.” She hissed, never losing her smile. Sooman pulled back from his hypocrite hug and smiled at her, touching her face softly.

“You need rest.” He said.

“I have rested enough.” She said, her voice strong. Sooman nodded and pulled away, walking towards his own son. Taemin was as serious as he could be while Sooman hugged him, greeting him with faked warmth. It was almost as if he had written a script and he was the only one playing along.

“My son, it’s so good to see you.” Sooman said, patting Taemin’s cheek. Taemin was clearly taller than Sooman, and usually, when Sooman greeted him, Taemin would bend down and hug his father back, but this time, he remained straight, looking at his father with small eyes filled with hatred. It was odd and new, at least for her.

“Father.” Taemin said, his voice colder than before. Chaerin continued to look at them deliberating ignoring her mother, who was almost running down the stairs with tears in her eyes.

“My daughter, oh my Chaerin!” She said as she reached her. Chaerin, however, remained as Taemin, stiff, straight and with small eyes.

“Mother.” She said, and her mother hugged her tight. Chaerin grunted at the strength, feeling her abdomen sting with an uncomfortable pain.

“How much I cried and prayed for you, why did you do it? Why would you scare your mother like that?” Her mother scolded. Chaerin, however, just nodded and slightly pushed her away.

“Did mother worried so much she couldn’t go to the hospital?” Chaerin said with disdain. Taemin looked at her, and by the corner of her eye, she could see him smirk. Her mother, however, just frowned.

“I was in so much pain, I couldn’t walk, couldn’t eat, couldn’t sleep from worry.” She said, her voice changing drastically. Chaerin nodded with a smirk.

“I can tell.” She said, looking at her newly dyed hair and fresh manicure. She clearly was suffering. “Do you mind? I am exhausted, I need to rest.” Jonghyun caught up fast and went to her side. She saw that Taemin moved too, but then stopped, retiring to the living room. Jonghyun held her arm and smiled.

“I’ll help you.” He said, then smiled at her mother, who almost squealed like a teenage girl.

“Please do.” Chaerin said. Jonghyun walked her up the stairs, and she looked back one more time, at the staring faces, then looked to the front. “Please take me out of here.” She muttered.

“Where would you want to go?” He muttered back. They were halfway through the stairs. Chaerin shrugged and looked down.

“Wherever you can take me.” She said softly. They reached the top stairs and Jonghyun let go of her arm, touching her hands slightly.

“Alright, wait for me tonight.” He said and kissed her hands softly. “I’ll take you somewhere pretty.” She smiled and nodded, letting her hand rest on his, feeling the rough skin on it. Jiyong was the first thing that popped in her mind as she felt Jonghyun’s calloused hands. She let out a sigh and nodded, slowly walking towards her room, closing the door behind her. She put a hand over her chest, taking deep breaths as she walked towards her bed. She crawled on top of it, letting her body feel the softness of it. Never in her life has she felt more exhausted, so exhausted that the only thing she desired was going back to a sleep slumber.

But she couldn’t, sleep would get her, her mind too busy reminding her beautiful moments, dreadful moments, painful moments. She tossed and turned, hugging the pillows and kicking the sheets, hoping for sleep to come, only to miserably fail at the end. Her body wasn’t tired, her mind wasn’t tired, but her heart couldn’t go on. Crying was no longer an option, she was dried from tears, she was empty of emotions. An empty shell, hoping to go on without a reason. Calling or talking or even looking at him was out of the picture. He needed to go on without her, she had hurt him enough to last a lifetime, she couldn’t go back and embrace him, make him love her again, it was selfish.

But then again, she couldn’t let go of that feeling of longing, of emptiness, of loneliness, she wanted him close, yet she knew, on top of all emotions, that he was never going to be hers again. And that pretty much killed her slowly, hurt her more than a thousand stabs. That alone, made her wish she stayed dead.

“I saw that woman Ji, with my own eyes, and I’m telling you, it’s not her. She really does looks like her, I give you that, but it’s not.” Youngbae said as he tried to sit Jiyong down on his bed. He had gone ballistic, screaming at the nurses for a name, to which they wouldn’t answer, they were too scared for his sudden outburst to mutter one coherent word.

“It was her, why are you lying to my face?!” Jiyong screamed, now standing up. His head throbbed, but he ignored it, his mind was focused on one thing. Lee Chaerin.

“On your face and behind it, I am not lying.” Youngbae hissed.

“Let me go, I need to leave this place NOW!” He yelled one more time, standing up. Youngbae grunted and pushed him back on bed. Jiyong grabbed his arms, and both of them fell on bed, with Youngbae on top of him. Jiyong hissed, and held his broad chest, trying to get away from his grip, but Youngbae didn’t budge, he was focused on making him stay.

“ Ji! Stop doing this harder than it already is!” Youngbae said, now pressing Jiyong’s shoulder on bed and lifting himself a bit. “I am already in pain because of you!”

“Harder? HARDER?! Are you even ing serious right now?!” He yelled. He held Youngbae’s neck, intending on choking him until he gave in, but the sound of the door opening made him stop midway. He looked to the side, looking at a wide-eyed Kiko staring at them both.

“Are you guys playing that side now?” She said as she closed the door behind her. Youngbae grunted and moved to the side, letting his body weight rest on bed. Jiyong sat up, panting softly due to the strength he made.

“The are you talking about?” Jiyong said.

“He was trying to leave.” Youngbae said. “He’s not my type.”

“Really, now?” She said. Jiyong widened his eyes, then furrowed them, an expression of disgust on his face.

“He’s my brother, for ’s sake.” Jiyong said. Kiko raised an eyebrow, then shrugged.

“Whatever.” She said and walked towards a table next to Jiyong’s hospital bed. “I came here for something else.”

“I was just wondering that.” Youngbae muttered. Kiko gave Youngbae a death glare, then took out some papers.

“Yes.” She said and took out a few papers, handing them towards Jiyong.”

“What the is this?” Jiyong said, not even bothering in looking at them. He threw them aside, and Kiko rolled her eyes, letting out a sigh.

“While you were on your little mourning trip in gothic land, I was working for this family.”

“Family?” Jiyong scoffed, crossing his arms. Kiko looked at him dead in the eye, then continued.

“I have been running numbers, following people, and I have come to find something extremely interesting.” She said, her face serious and firm. Again, Jiyong remembered how sweet and innocent she used to be, and now, looking at her all deadly and fierce, he couldn’t help but blame himself. He was toxic, deadly.

“Go on.” He said, suddenly interested in what she had to say. She nodded and grabbed the papers he tossed away.

“Some income has been dramatically going down in the past few years, now having a large considerable amount these past few months.” She said. “Especially this last month of your absence.”

“What?!” Jiyong said, now taking the papers and looking at them.

“Club Ellui has been having a low on its income, despite being the most visited place in Gangnam.” She said. Jiyong continued looking at the papers, at the rates of incomes going down drastically. He continued to look at the papers, until he stopped at one that made him frown in pure anger. “And its current director has a lot to do.”

“Yang Hyunseung.” Jiyong muttered. Kiko nodded, taking another paper in her hands.

“I’d say that Yang Hyunsuk’s younger brother has a lot of explanation to do.” She said as she handed Jiyong the paper she was holding. Jiyong looked at it, his eyes widening in disbelieve. His left hand went towards his mouth as he continued to look at the paper.

“Is this trustworthy?” Youngbae said, his head peeking over Jiyong’s shoulder. Kiko frowned and nodded.

“Of course, its my work.” She said, almost hissing. Jiyong gave Youngbae the paper and looked at Kiko.

“What do I do?” He said softly. Kiko grinned, then shrugged, handing Jiyong two other papers. Those were profiles of people he knew all too well.

“Continue Younghwan’s work, Jiyong. Kill the remaining heirs and finish the Lee line for good.”

 


Gily's Notes: SO SORRY! I AM SO SORRY!

I know this update took FOREVER to come out, but honest truth, my life has been a rollercoaster lately, and I hadn't had the desire to write. I don't want to ruin this, so if I don't feel like writing, I don't write. Right now, I feel so heartbroken, so destroyed, that probably this chapter came more angsty than I wanted, so I appologize for that.

Life isn't easy, and now that I am an adult, I can taste how sour and cruel it is. I've been trying my best, been working my off, yet, everything feels like falling into pieces. I'm sorry, I really am sorry for not updating, I don't want to make promises, but I will try and update soon.

Work is really stressing me out, treating patients is no cake, people are cruel, some others are simply evil. I, we, the nurses, the doctors, the RTs, we all try to make what's best for them, some are grateful, some others just live to make our work and lives miserable. Please don't be that kind of patient in a hospital. Be nice to your nurse, to your doctor, to your RT, we spend long hours working, neglecting our families, our free time, ignoring our exhaustion and health in order to help you get better.

Be happy, be nice, be humble.

Enjoy this,

Yours trully,

Gily ♥