Endless

Twist of Destiny ~ The Sequel

The lights danced across the dancefloor, caressing every dancer who was at the place, moving their bodies to the rhythm of the music. Soft beats of electronic music, intervals of bass drops made them jump, move and bend. Jiyong walked through them, a glass of vodka already in hand as he lifted his hands, moving his head to the beat of the music. His eye had been fed as he looked around, at the female whose bodies were mostly exposed, thanks to the movement of them. He tried to enjoy every bit of his first outing, but the high levels of intoxication on his body made him feel like he was in a dream, there and not there. It became a problem.

As he moved, he could feel everything in slow motion, the looks, the smirks, the kisses and the glares, he could see them all. Taking a deep breath, he sipped from his glass, still dancing crazily as a group of females approached him. He smirked as they caressed him, some grinding their hips with his, some others caressing his face and back. Jiyong his lips as one moved his face to the side, close enough to kiss him. He smirked again, turning his face to the side, towards another one who was moving around with her eyes closed.

The heat was increasing, and his desire along with it. Closing his eyes, he smirked as he too moved along a woman, who was holding him by his waist. He grabbed her by her neck, slightly opening his eyes as her lips were now inches from him. She smiled sensually as he moved his hips again, too close to her body, feeling the warmth of it. She her lips and closed the gap between their lips, and he closed his eyes, holding her neck tight as she kissed him, and he kissed her back. His right hand moved down to her , holding her closer to him, grinding her petite body against his crotch. She moaned slightly, and he pulled back, looking at her with small eyes. She smiled and he gasped.

As he looked at her, her hair slowly turned darker, her eyes smaller, and a line of black of eye-liner appeared, accentuating her feline eyes. He pulled back harshly, his eyes wide open as she turned back to normal. “Is everything ok?” She said, but he continued to stare at her as he panted, blinking several times and even shaking his head. She moved closer to him, holding his neck, pulling him down to kiss him again. He kissed her with his eyes open, too afraid to be hallucinating again. She kissed him deeper, and the sensations made him close his eyes, letting go of his fears as he held onto her waist, again, pulling her closer.

This time, it was her who pulled away, and he opened his eyes, and again, the feline eyes and red lips appeared. Instantly, he pushed her away, panting as he glared. “What the hell are you playing at?!” He yelled as she turned back to normal.

“Nothing, I thought you wanted this.” She said in disbelieve. He shook his head as he blinked, she was still normal, mahogany hair, light make-up, pink lips and round eyes.

“No.” He said. She crooked her head, but he shook his, walking away from her. His glass was empty now, he had drank it in a shot. He reached the bar, almost throwing his glass on it as he glared at the bartender. “Give me the strongest you got.” He hissed. The bartender looked at him and nodded, taking out a bottle of Whiskey, Vodka and Bacardi. As he served the glass, Jiyong sat down on one of the stools, letting out soft breaths, trying to calm his nerves. “I shouldn’t have come.”

His hands were trembling, his forehead sweating and his clothes were soaked. He cleaned his nose and mouth with the back of his hand, almost out of habit, as the bartender handed him the drink. “You know, I think you’ve drank enough for the night, Mr. Kwon.” The bartender said. Jiyong glared at him, grabbing the drink and sipping from it.

“I’ll be the one judging that.” He said, again, cleaning his mouth and nose. The bartender shrugged and moved away, attending some other people.

“I think he’s right, you look intoxicated enough.” A female said at his side. Jiyong narrowed his eyes as he slowly looked to the side. In there, a petite female with short, black hair was looking at him. Jiyong scoffed and looked to the front, drinking from the glass.

“And look what the Devil brought.” He said. “I thought you were dead.”

“Now, don’t be rude.” She said and moved closer to him, putting her slim hands on his shoulders. “I know you missed me.” Jiyong scoffed again and looked at her. Her face hadn’t changed at all, not even the hard years had affected her beauty. Her skin still glowed, as he remembered, and her smirk still looked as fierce. The only thing changed in her was her eyes, from the innocent girl he first met, the one who made funny faces and cute hand signs whenever they took pictures or went out, to the deadly woman, who barely smiled or laughed, now standing again next to him.

“I missed you.” He said, turning around to face her. “Have you?”

“Missed you? Of course.” She said, holding his drink and sipping from it.

“And to what do I owe the honor, Kiko?” He said and she smiled, getting closer to him.

“I really missed you.” She whispered in his ear, then caressed his left cheek. “And I came to give my respects to the new leader.”

“I’m no leader.” He said. She smirked and touched his chest, slowly going down on his toned abdomen.

“You were always the leader, my Jiyong.” She whispered again as she touched his thighs. He jumped slightly, holding her hands.

“Stop, Kiko.” He said firmly. She looked at him with a smirk on her face, her eyes looking devilish, even if her face still showed a slight bit of innocence.

“Let’s go, I think you’re done for the night.” She said, pulling his arms. Jiyong stood up, wobbly, almost losing balance.

“Youngbae’s around here.” He said, looking around the place. She nodded, pulling him towards the doors.

“I know, I spoke to him earlier.” She told him as she held his waist. Jiyong shook his head, putting his arm around her shoulders. He knew he was done for the night, too intoxicated to even properly walk. She helped him walk out, taking him to her car. Jiyong stopped and stared at the car as she unlocked the doors.

“Where are we going?” He said and she smiled.

“Where do you want to go?” She said as she walked towards him. Jiyong pouted, shrugging his shoulders.

“I want to go home.” He said, feeling the burning behind his eyes.

“Let’s go home, then.”

“It’s impossible.” He said, walking towards the passenger’s door. “Just take me to my apartment.”

“Alright.” She said, starting the engine. “Which one?”

My apartment.” He said with emphasis, and she nodded, driving off the place. Jiyong rested his back on the seat, taking slow, deep breaths as the air conditioning refreshed his sweaty skin. The dizziness was slowly fading, and slowly but steadily, he was feeling back, still high, but back.

“So, I have heard loads of rumors going around underground, regardless of a certain woman. Care to fill me in?” Kiko said as she made a turn. Jiyong looked at the window, letting out a sigh and slightly shaking his head no.

“Whatever you heard, forget it.” He said as he still tried to figure out what he saw in the club. A hallucination, it must be the only explanation for that. Too many drugs consumed, accompanied by alcohol must be doing effects on him already.

“Forget about the fact that you fell in love? I can’t.” She said. Jiyong grunted and looked at her, his eyes intense, even if small.

“I said, forget it.” He hissed. Kiko shrugged as she slowed to a stop.

“I guess I can’t seem to accept the fact that you stopped loving me.” She said. Jiyong looked at the front, they had arrived at his building. He quickly took off the seatbelt and went to open the door, when Kiko stopped him. “You still love me, right?”

“Kiko, I loved you, but you left. What did you expect me to do? Sit down and wait for you? My life’s short, I can’t sit down and waste my time loving people.”

“But you could love her, couldn’t you?” She whispered. Jiyong closed his eyes, then opened them, touching her hand.

“Let’s go.”

Tapping her fingers on the table, she looked at the tray of food and flinched. “This is horrible.” She muttered.

“At least you got food, right?” Taemin said, flipping through the pages of some magazine he was reading.

“Dog food would taste better.” She said, throwing the fork on top of the tray.

“Want me to go buy you some?” Taemin said, and Chaerin glared at him.

“Sure, why don’t you get one can of Pedigree for you, too?” She spat, slightly pushing the table away from the bed.

“You won’t eat?” Taemin said, lowering the magazine enough to look at her.

“Hell no, that tastes like .” Chaerin said as she crossed her arms. “I’d rather starve.”

“You starve, we won’t get out of here.” Taemin told her as he buried his face again in the magazine. “Remember what the nice doctor told you.”

“Nice doctor?” Chaerin said, raising her eyebrows. “Since when you like doctors?”

“I’m gay, blame me.” He said, followed by some chuckles. “He’s a good friend of mine, don’t be a about it.”

“I would’ve stood by the gay part.”

“.” He said, now setting the magazine at the table next to him. “You know how much a private room cost a day in a hospital?” Chaerin shrugged.

“About a hundred?” She said. Taemin chuckled and shook his head.

“Three hundred, at this hospital. That without adding the treatment. And you know what that nice Doctor Choi is doing? Allowing us to stay for free.” Taemin said.

Great, can’t he do something about the food?” She said, glaring at the tray of food. Taemin shrugged and stood up, walked towards the tray and grabbed a bite. Chaerin looked at him as he chewed the food, then made a disgusted face as he swallowed it.

“That tastes like .” He said, cleaning his mouth. “I’ll call and buy you some real food.”

“Amen!” She said as she threw her hands in the air. Taemin chuckled and fished his phone out, quickly dialing some numbers. Chaerin looked at him as he talked, then ended the call and put the phone back on his pocket.

“Just wait a bit.” He said and went over to her bed, sliding his body next to her. She made a space for him, smiling as he hugged her slightly. “How are you feeling?”

“Great.” She said and he smiled.

“That’s good, because someone’s coming over today.” Taemin said, now playing with her fingers. “Someone who wants to see you.” She smiled widely, her heart galloping as she thought about Jiyong walking through those doors.

“Really?” She said, almost crying from happiness. Taemin nodded, then he looked at the door with a frown.

“Oh, he’s here.” Taemin said, straightening up. Chaerin smiled wider as she looked at the door slowly opening. She almost held in her breath as she saw a bit of silver hair slowly entering the room. She was about to scream in happiness when he finally showed his face. Her smile vanished quickly as she realized it wasn’t Jiyong the one in the door. It was Kim Jonghyun, holding a bouquet of flowers and a wide smile.

“Hello.” Jonghyun said, bowing slightly.

“H-Hi.” Chaerin said, trying to smile again, amidst her disappointment. “Jonghyun.”

“Can I come in?” Jonghyun said, and Taemin quickly sat up, gesturing him to come in.

“Sure, take a sit.” Taemin said as he signaled the chair next to the bed. Jonghyun nodded, walking in. He smiled at Chaerin and put the flowers in the bedside table.

“Here’s a little something, to cheer you up.” He said. Chaerin smiled at his gesture, nodding slightly in gratitude.

“Thank you, how thoughtful.” She said. Jonghyun nodded, sitting down on the chair. Taemin stretched at her side, yawning as he did and shook his head.

“Woah, I’m so sleepy, I’m going to grab a coffee. Do any of you want one?” Taemin said as he got off bed. Chaerin looked at him with menacing eyes, but he simply smiled and nodded. “I’ll bring three. I’ll be back soon, Jonghyun, why don’t you look after her while I’m gone?” Jonghyun smiled crookedly and nodded slightly.

“Sure.” He said. Taemin smiled and waved cutely at Chaerin, who was sending daggers with her eyes.

“Bye.” He said and left. The room stayed silent for a while. Chaerin played with her fingers as Jonghyun put his hands together, looking down. Chaerin lifted her head and looked at him, and he looked at her at the same time. She smiled and nodded.

“Thanks for coming, I appreciate it.” She said. Jonghyun smiled and clapped his hands slightly, clearly looking nervous.

“It’s ok, it was the least I could do.” He said. She smiled, and again, they stayed awkwardly silent. She took a deep breath and looked at him. He was looking down at his hands. His hands, clearly strong and calloused, his veins popping and the muscles on his arms tensing. He was toned, broad and handsome. His face was strong, yet delicate. His features screamed ‘Manly’ in all bolds, and for a moment, she found herself staring at his biceps. He was wearing a plain black shirt with stars around his neck, some black, skinny pants and a stud belt around his waist. She only seemed to remember him wearing a suit, so looking at him like that was something new.

“So how have you been?” She said, trying to break the tense atmosphere. She was checking him out, and he was nervous, that was obvious. He looked up and smiled, catching her off guard. He had a beautiful smile, his teeth seemed perfect, his lips looking in harmony with them and the rest of his face.

“Good, I’ve been good.” He said. “And you?”

“Mostly asleep.” She said, and he quickly widened his eyes in realization.

“I am sorry.” He said quickly. She smiled and shook her head.

“Don’t be, it’s the truth.” She said, then let out a sigh. “But now I’m fine. More than fine, I feel great.”

“If I may,” He said, and she nodded. “That thing that you did, it was both brilliant and stupid.” He said. Her smile vanished as she looked at him in confusion.

“I beg your pardon?” She said and he nodded quickly, lifting his hands.

“I didn’t mean it in a bad way, neither did I wanted to insult you.” He said. “I think what you did was rather brilliant, because you actually saved loads of lives in there, and also, I think it was stupid, because you risked your life for many lives that probably didn’t deserved it.” Chaerin nodded, looking at him in understanding. The first time she saw him, she thought he was just another killer, without a heart, merciless and without education. Now, listening to him and looking at him, she thought that maybe, he could prove her wrong.

“Kim Jonghyun, are you a murderer?” She said out of the blue. Jonghyun widened his eyes at her, totally caught off guard.

“Why you ask?” He said and she shrugged.

“Just curious.” Jonghyun smiled softly, looking at his hands. He opened them, then closed them in a fist, his veins popping, so much she felt caught by the sight.

“It depends.” He said. Chaerin looked at his face. He was looking down, but his expression changed. He entered the room being all bright and happy, now he looked dark and gloomy.

“On what?” She said, and he looked up, smiling without humor.

“On what you call murder.” He said. She nodded, kicking the sheets off her legs and moving to the side, to face him.

“What do you call murder?” She said. He chuckled and looked to the side, then at her.

“Do you always answer the questions with more questions?”

“Maybe.” She said. He smiled and nodded.

“I am a murderer, if you think any kind of murder is a sin.” He said. She kept looking at him, not with hatred, not pointing fingers, just listening to him. It was good listening to someone else rather than Taemin or the doctors and nurses. “But I am a savior if you believe that killing bad people is a good thing.” She nodded.

“What if the ones you call bad people are actually good for someone else?” She said. Jonghyun smiled and nodded.

“Those who kill are not good people, Chaerin.” He said, then chuckled. “I am not a good person, yes, but what I do, I do it for my people. Same with them.”

“When does it ends?” She said, and Jonghyun looked at her with an apologetic face. It was an oddly familiar scene. His face, fierce and strong, yet delicate and innocent, looking at her, trying to find answers she already knew, trying to put something hard when she knew it couldn’t be soft. All of them, trying to protect her, trying to make this world better for her, when in reality, it was simply cruel. Again, she felt like a child, a child without a mother, or a father. A child without a home.

“It never ends.”

 


Gily's Notes: THANK YOU ALL FOR THOSE LOVELY COMENTS!! I love them! I'm greedy! Love to hear what you think about my work, and to feel close to you, that's the only way!

Sorry for not updating yesterday, took an important test (at this point in my life, I'm still doing tests '-_-)

So, here it is, a quite long chapter for you! 

Many, many things to come, let us hope this keeps flowing as easily as it is doing now!!

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥